Wedding Woes
Options

Hi

Hello,
I just wanted to introduce myself I'm the new mod for the board.  If anyone has any questions feel free to ask or PM me.

Thanks,
Peaseblossom55

Anniversary

Re: Hi

• Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    sooo, did the knot fire ladybug and not tell us?
    Or tell her?--'cuz I'm pretty sure if they told her, she'd have told us--she keeps us in the loop like that

Are you sure you're the WW mod--not supposed to be modding some other board?  because we have one and we don't have problems here.  
    Is there a reason WW has a new mod?

Who exactly are you?  I mean, I know, you said you're the new mod, but that doesn't really tell us anything other than your role
  • Options

@KnotPorscha assigned me to be the new Mod for this board. I am not sure what Ladybug's positon was on this board prior to this.

I've been posting on the boards now for a few years I started posting in Not Engaged Yet about 3 years ago when my now H and I were just dating.  I just got married a little over 2 months ago.  The planning process was fun but aso stressful.  Outside of work and knotting I enjoying cooking, and ballet dancing.

Anniversary

• Options

I've been posting on the boards now for a few years I started posting in Not Engaged Yet about 3 years ago when my now H and I were just dating. 

10 years, if your badges are accurate

@hmonkey, your KnotBestie sold you out, hon.
  • Options
    @Heffalump I signed on like 10 years ago to help a friend with her wedding planning.  I went to register about 3 years ago and I was like cool I already have a log in so I jus went with it!

Anniversary

• Options
    do you have any "rules" or "requirements"? as in, don't be mean or something general like that?
  • Options

@hmonkey nope post as normally would.  I'll be making sure the board is free of spam and there are no violations of the TOS.

Anniversary

• Options
    thanks for your kind and quick reply. can you tell me a little more about yourself -- how you and your husband met, how you would describe your personal style (modern, baroque, etc) and any hobbies you might have?

also, please describe your technique for making meatloaf.
  • Options

hmonkey said:
    thanks for your kind and quick reply. can you tell me a little more about yourself -- how you and your husband met, how you would describe your personal style (modern, baroque, etc) and any hobbies you might have?

All of this.  Also, do you overuse chevron in your decorating? 
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    So...are you familiar w/ WW?
    are we a board you have lurked on?

(You'll have to excuse my eyebrow raising side-eyeing, I've been a knottie longer than you and we've seen the powers that be be incredibly tone deaf an awful lot re: boards, board culture, etc.  Them coming in and saying "hey, here's a new mod.  What?  no no, don't ask about the OLD mod [ladybug], we fired her w/o telling her or you.  Lets have this new person be draconian, enforce rules that don't exist, and then we'll people for no reason...and later on, we'll fire *her* and see if you guys notice" isn't really a stretch)
  • Options

@hmonkey

I'm vegan ( vegetarian by choice and lactose intolerant not by choice) I've made H meatloaf before. I dice up onion really thin, I add some bbq sauce, parsley, italian bread crumbs and panko bread crumbs.  H seems to like it.  He would tell me if he didn't.

H & I met through my best friend, he is my best friend's husband best friend & co-worker.  About 5 years ago she mentioned how her H's best friend and co-worker would be a great match for me, eventually we began to hang out and dating.  We will be together 5 years in October.

I don't know if I have personal style I like the classic timeless look.  I love pink and pastels.  However H & I are in the process of remodeling the kitchen and it's quite modern looking.  I love wine.  I also dance still I've been dancing all of my life mostly ballet, I also perform in local theater about 2-3 shows a year.

Thanks again I look forward to getting to you know all too!

Anniversary

• Options

hmonkey said:

All of this.  Also, do you overuse chevron in your decorating? 
    There is not a bit of chevron in the house.

Anniversary

• Options

@GBCK Hi! Defintely lurked on WW, especially in the midst of wedding planning.  It made some of woes not seem so bad. 

Defintely don't want to change the culture of the board or how you guys post, nor enforce any non existent rules or let being a mod get to my head or any weird shit like that.  I'm pretty laid back easy going.  Of course if there are problems or something you think is concerning about the board let me know or PM.

Anniversary

• Options
    :: jazz hands ::

cool.

... advise if the kitchen will be pink and pastel.
  • Options
    @hmonkey no pastels or pink in the kitchen.   The cabinets are white, granite countertops are black, the floor will be a gray slate color, backsplash will be a mosaic tile of white, gray and stainless steel. All of the appliances are stainless steel and walls have been painted a merlot like color.

Anniversary

• Options
    I WANT TO SEE THIS.
  • Options
    @hmonkey so do I! We are still in the process of it all, H is working on the backsplash this weekend.  I can't wait until it's all done.

Anniversary

• Options
    sounds awesome. tres exciting.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    can we vote on what you should do?  just for fun.

Because I totally want to arm-twist someone to do the 'not baroque' thing more.
  • Options
    @GBCK sounds fun! start a new thread!

Anniversary

• Options
    We need to know how you actually cook the meatloaf.  Length of time and temp.  There is a long running controversy re: this.  
  • Options
    @VarunaTT I cook it in oven at 375 H likes it after it's been cooked for about 45 minutes. 

Anniversary

• Options
    This is acceptable to the majority of us, but Kuus will not like it.  :)
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    45 minutes does not sound long enough, but I have entered the era of using 2 lbs of meat per meal.
  • Options
    @6fsn I usually make a pretty small single serving meatloaf for H since he is the only one eating it.

Anniversary

• Options
    @6fsn, I use a muffin pan to make meatloaf.  Cuts cooking time in half and the portions are perfect.

@peaseblossom55, you could try the muffin pan method and then freeze the left overs.  Less meatloaf you have to make.  ;)  
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    It takes longer to scoop into a muffin pan and I don't like messing with raw meat that much. Idon't mind the extra cook time.
  • Options
    Pick NOLA.  No one ever gets mad at NOLA, not even me.  :D

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    There was someone once that went after Nola, but I can't remember who.
  • Options
    V, I'm not around enough for her to pick me. You're in the running for the gifs, alone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards