Not Engaged Yet
Options

Friday!

WOO HOO! 

I'm starting off the day with NO BOOT! It was glorious walking down the steps and then back up the steps and then to the train without it. So happy! 

After work I'm meeting my BFF and some of her "home friends" for happy hour. 

Tomorrow I plan to sleep in with the pup and then I have no plans. I might switch out my summer and winter clothes since it's starting to get a little chilly here. 

Sunday I have a hair appointment and football. My Eagles don't play but I'm probably going to head into the city and watch the games with H and my friend. 

A very relaxing weekend for the most part! 

Re: Friday!

• Options
    happy Friday!

we woke up this morning with no water... there was a 72" water main break in the city, so nobody in the area had water!  it was starting to come back on when I left for work, but thankfully I showered and everything the night before. 

I'm only working 4 hours today!!!  I worked really long hours last and this week, so I am excited.  I have quite a bit to do, but at least I have most of the day.  grocery shopping, picking up some things to be altered, studying studying, studying, bringing down our fall decorations, bringing out some of our cooler weather clothes, and JM 30DS!  I didn't work out last night so I need to fit in a good work out today.

tonight I'm meeting with a girl friend for mani/pedi and dinner.  pretty excited about that.  maybe a pumpkin cream cheese muffin, too!  and more studying before bed.

tomorrow is my class from 8:30-12:30 or 1:00.  I have to start my PMP application, so I'll try to do some tomorrow and my memory dump sheet.  so much to do!

this morning we had our first "cold snap".  it was in the 50's when I was going in to work.  I am not ready for cold weather.  :(
  • Options
    Today is going to be crazy busy!

I'm working from home thankfully so I'll be able to get things done all day.

I just finished CrossFit this morning so I have to run a bunch of errands at lunch time. I need to cook dinner for my MIL who is watching Maddux tonight while I head to ATL to get the hotel room ready for @LaPeanut1018 's bachelorette. I also need to clean and vacuum a bit so the house doesn't look entirely disgusting. I'll pack and load up the car be on my way.

SAturday is the BACHELORETTE PARTY! We are leaving at 1:00 for Sip n Strokes and then the limo will take us from there to the hotel for us to freshen up, drink, eat snacks, and play silly games before dinner. After dinner we will go out for more drinks then stumble back to the hotel.

Sunday morning we will get brunch and head home. Sunday I'll probably lay around all day and nurse a hangover lol.
  • Options
    @Swazzle, oh yeah!! did you get to order a new phone??

@southernpeach89 - I hope you guys have a blast this weekend!  take lots of pictures!!

@Ollie08 & @lennondkc - happy wedding weekend!!!!!
  • Options
    Hi Ladies

WR:  Our marriage license came!!!  So now I just need it signed off on and submitted!  I really wanted a wedding fragrance because I know the strong hold fragrance has over me with remembering stuff; so I finally picked one out.  It is a Jessica Simpson Signature sent.

Tonight - I want to sleep.  I want to sleep right now, but I'm sure it would not look great for me.

Tomorrow - We pick up FI suit and BM gets fitted for his suit.  I'm not sure if they'll want to get accessories or not.

Sunday - No idea - I think it's probably football day (which is fine).

I should start cleaning my house as I feel I need to do that before I can find a pet sitter for the week I'm in FL.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I am crushing on these glasses so hard!!  LINK  I just got a new pair in March, but these are adorable.

• Options
    Hello all and happy Friday!

I'm sipping on my first pumpkin latte of the season right now and it's DELICIOUS. I usually make coffee at home and drink it in bed while reading in the morning, but today I really wanted an extra 20 minutes of sleep, so Dunkin it is.

Nothing planned for tonight other than going to the gym after work, and probably cleaning up the apartment a little bit. Tomorrow FI and I are finally going to visit my ex-CW who moved to the area a few weeks ago with his wife and 3yo son. We'll go see their new home, and then all go out to lunch together. I used to be really close to this friend, but since I left the company we haven't seen each other too often. I was really hoping to get to see him more now that he lives nearby, but I don't really have anything in common with his wife, and he doesn't have too much in common with FI, sooo my efforts to make them another couple we can hang out with regularly haven't really panned out. Anyways, I'm excited to see their place tomorrow and their adorable little boy.

Sunday I want to go to a craft store and figure out a couple of props for FI and I to bring for our engagement photo shoot next weekend. I figure I should make something with our date on it, and I want some kind of sign saying "My parents are getting married!" to put in front of our dog. I know it is totally overdone and I doubt we'll use a photo like that in our STD's, but I think it's cute and I want it anyway! If anyone has cute prop ideas that I can make - feel free to share!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I totally forgot to mention that! I got up at 2:55am like a freak and pre-ordered my new phone. I went with the silver iPhone 6 and I splurged and got the 64gb (why don't they offer 32gb anymore?) so that I don't have to constantly get the evil "you're out of memory" message. I'm excited and I already can't wait for it to get here! 

@CocoBellaF - I'm jealous of your early day today! Sounds like you have a busy afternoon/night planned!

@LivLeighton - My coworker just asked me recently for the link to your shop because she's out of her linen spray. She was raving over it the other day!

@southernpeach89 - The bachelorette party sounds like SO MUCH FUN. If I lived closer, I wouldn't feel the least bit bad about crashing :)

@Dignity100 - Marriage license! How exciting!!!!!

@TwoDimes - Happy anniversary! Yay for house-hunting! I hope the process goes as smoothly for you as it has (so far, fingers crossed, knock on wood) for us! 

• Options
    @hummingbird125 - I'm going to need the following picture of you guys:

And here are some cutesy ideas for you to use... or not. 

I bet your photographer will love this one:

• Options
    Good morning and happy Friday!

I have an end of the day meeting ... nothing like 4:00 on a Friday, huh? It was the only time I could schedule with everyone, though. Blech. So no slipping away from work early for me today. Tonight I think FI and I have gaming? The DM has to paint his new house and things got all screwed up with his closing, too, so I have no idea whether he'll be there or whether FI will run some sort of one-off campaign.

Tomorrow I think is quiet. Work around the house, knit, maybe paint the basement floor if it warms up enough to open a window.

Sunday is for football, as always, which means more knitting. I'm just about 40% through another baby afghan. Sometimes I really hate myself for making them on medium needles instead of big-ass drumstick needles because I'd be done by now. Oh well.
  • Options

Happy Friday!

@Swazzle - Yay for no more boot!

@CocoBellaF - Jealous of your half day at work, I feel like that's what I need to get a bunch of stuff done. It's chilly here this morning too, only about 10 (so 50).

@LivLeighton - I hope the shower isn't TOO bad :)

@Dignity100 - YAY marriage license! Woo hoo!

Today I am really hoping that our colour printer at work is fixed so I can send out a bunch of work that's been pilling up. It's all done, but it has to be sent in colour so I haven't been able to send any of it out yet! I really don't want it sitting around until Monday morning. I have a couple errands to run after work and then I think FI and I are going to the movies.

Tomorrow I might be helping FI clean his drums, or we might be totally lazy. And I'll probably also be helping his mom prepare for schnitzel fest, which is tomorrow night. I am very excited for delicious dinner!

Sunday is church and probably being lazy. We have nothing planned this weekend and it's really nice!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @Swazzle - I LOVE all of those ideas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@swazzle yay for being bootless!

@southernpeach89 Have a great time this weekend, it sounds like so much fun!

@Dignity100 I wanted a wedding scent too, as my wedding gift H got me this new perfume I wanted the Cartier Baiser Vole scent.  I love it. 

My weekend shouldn't be too exciting.  We are still waiting for our flooring to arrive so that has been holding up finishing the kitchen. Tonight it's taco night, and I need to get some cleaning done around the house.  We got a floor steamer and I love it!

Saturday we don't have any plans set in stone.  I mentioned to H I wanted to go furniture shopping.  All of the china and accessories that we registered for, was given to us by my ILS, so we have all of this china sitting around with no place to put it, we need a china cabinet.  I'm debating if I just want a half one or a tall one with the glass display shelves.  Anyone, any thoughts? Do you have a china cabinet?

Sunday I have to be up early to help out with a pancake fundraiser for a theater company I work with.  The rest of the day will probably be relaxing and some reading and some football watching.

Anniversary

• Options
    @Peaseblossom55 - Once we have a house I'd really like to get a tall one with glass doors; I really like how they look. My parents had one that was a half height with drawers and shelves, but then added another piece on top (matching) that had sliding glass doors; it wasn't really a full tall one, but it still had space to display some their china.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Swazzle I am so jealous of your walking without a boot adventure!  

CocoBellaF good thing you showered last night! And a mani/pedi night sounds like the perfect way to relax before a Saturday class. 

LivLeighton I'm not a fan of showers either. That's awesome about the interview committee though! 

southernpeach89 LaPeanut1018 have lots of fun this weekend! 

Dignity100 I love the signature scent idea! I'm the same way with certain smells triggering memories. 

Last night we worked on the house some more, well bf did, I sat in a chair and told him to be careful. The previous owners seriously lacked... taste?  I'm not sure of the right word to describe their home decor thought process.  

Yesterday was panel removal day.  As soon as we removed the first section of paneling we discovered that there was wallpaper underneath the paneling.  Two days ago we removed wall paper (which we thought was the only wallpaper in the house) from the kitchen.  Underneath all of the wallpaper was paneling.  So basically that means there is another layer of wallpaper under the paneling in the kitchen.  I'm ready to just drywall then paint over everything. Here's a snippet of how "beautiful" the walls really are:image
  • Options
    @lmcooper86 there are some pieces I've seen where you can buy the top and bottom separately.  So we may buy the bottom piece now and wait a bit to buy the top half.  It depends what we see and what we like.  I'd love for some glass shelving to be able to display some of the china.  I love it so much but we'll see.

Anniversary

• Options

@Peaseblossom55 @lmcooper86 It's funny how you both say you want a tall one! My parent's lugged around a tall china cabinet for years and years and they recently gave it to @southernpeach89. My mom and I both want to have a buffet though (I guess what you're calling the short/half china cabinet). I think I'd like one to be mostly solid with some glass doors and then I could change up the decor on the top...like maybe a couple of plates displayed on stands with greenery and objets and stuff.

I'm picturing something like this from Pottery Barn but it feels slightly too modern to me.

But I also love this from one of our local furniture stores.imageimage

• Options
    I have an old Century buffet.  I love it!  i want to get it refinished and put new knobs on it.
  • Options

@LaPeanut1018 - Buffet! I couldn't think of the word earlier! That's what my parents had, but their was drawers and wooden doors on the bottom, and then they added a "hutch" on top that had glass doors.

My FSIL has a tall skinny cabinet with a glass front, and I think it's really pretty...but I really like that first one you posted! I don't think it looks too modern by any means. As much as I like the taller glass-fronted cabinets I also do like the idea of having a buffet or sideboard as well, since it might be a lot more functional.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I don't have any crazy weekend plans.  I'm going to sleep in both days with DH, do the usual weekend errands (groceries, laundry, etc.), and on of the nights, we'll go out to a nice dinner for DH's birthday.  We had a little celebration last night with cake, but I want to still do a nice dinner.

I'm also planning on SCRUBBING DOWN my house.  It's seriously disgusting right now, especially the bathroom.  And I'm going to go through my wardrobe, get rid of the stuff that doesn't fit, is torn, is stained, or that I never wear.  And I'll rotate my seasonal clothes.
  • Options
    @Lapeanut1018 I love the ones you posted!!  I love the clear glass doors on the bottom too.  The only problem with getting a buffet is that our cats are assholes and will try to jump on top of it so it could easily get scratched or something could get knocked over.  We will see what we find this weekend though.

Anniversary

• Options
    Happy Friday everyone!! It sounds like everyone is going to have pretty good weekends!! 

We have our first home football game of the season tomorrow, so I'll be at work most of the day. Sunday, I have a field hockey game on the road that I'll have to write up, so one of my bridesmaids & her boyfriend are going to come over to watch football in the afternoon. I'll have to make something delicious, yet healthy so that I can stay on track with my plan.

Our realtor comes back to town on Monday, so hopefully we can get into some of our new favorite houses next week! I have a new top three that I want to look at, and FI & I have been agreeing on most of the houses we really like, which is nice. I just want to get in them!!

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @KeptInStitches - Late afternoon Friday meetings should be outlawed!

@Peaseblossom55 - I hope the flooring arrives soon. Isn't that what you were hoping would be delivered last Friday too?

@LaPeanut1018 - I love love LOVE that hair style! I think it'll look beautiful on you! Have an amazing bachelorette party!

@speakeasy14 - Oh the paneling and wallpaper are stunning! Hahahaha what a pain in the ass!

@martha1818 - It feels weird doing more than walking from the bathroom to the living room. Going up and downstairs is interesting now that I can bend my ankle to do it. How fun! I love Anna Kendrick!

@loves2shop4shoes - Happy birthday to your H!

• Options
    @peaseblossom55 I forgot about your kitties! Yeah, I'd definitely recommend a full china cabinet. Cats are assholes and they'll knock all of your pretty things off the top of the cabinet otherwise!

• Options
    @LaPeanut1018 1) I am totes jealous, 2) the mention totally made my day, and 3) I think your hair looks lovely in the photo, but I think that the inspiration photo looks good as well. One of the problems with hair is that there are so many "right" ways to wear it that it can feel irritating to pick the "most right" one. If that makes sense.

@speakeasy14 That is ... unbelievably "gorgeous" paneling and wallpaper. I'm so sorry you have to get rid of MORE wallpaper!

Today started off rough, but is getting a little better! I had therapy this morning, and by the time I got to brunch (free breakfast for bio grad students on Friday mornings) all the bagels were gone, so I had a donut instead. I managed to finish my experiment and get my results--the experiment WORKED! But my PI is nowhere to be found, and I have to leave in about 40 minutes.

I've got seminar, and then I've got to head down to the infusion center. Tonight should be relaxing. I'll likely need to come in this weekend, which is going to be rough because of the infusions. But we'll see.

WR: I finished addressing the invitations last night; J is going to go through all of them to make sure they're properly addressed (no typos), and that they all have an invitation and a stamped RSVP card in them. Then on Monday, we'll mail them out!

J is picking up the wedding rings after work today, and we're starting dance lessons on Monday.

I also managed to make about 4 more centerpieces (so now we have 14). My plan this weekend is to polish the ones I've made (trimming wire, gluing stuff down), and then make my other bridesmaid's bouquet and start the boutonnieres and corsages.

Everything's coming together!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Probably going to be a post and run... work is crazy today. I'll respond to everyone during my lunch break maybe?

I got up at 1:50 am for the iPhone preorder. Totally exhausted now. It was interesting though because AT&T had the preorders available early... It wasn't even midnight in California, but I was able to place the order for my pre-order about five minutes early and got the confirmation email about an hour later. I went with the 64gb grey/black iPhone 6. Scouting the interwebs for cases at some point... I don't think much is available yet though?

I'm also still on a high from getting those Coach wristlets for dirt cheap. I got 8 in total--5 BMs, one female GM, and the moms... all for $139. *happy dance* I feel like I robbed Coach lol.

No idea what we're doing tonight, but tomorrow we're possibly helping a couple of friends move. They have movers and said they moved boxes last night, so I can't imagine that they'll need us, but my friend keeps talking about how much stuff they have... they only live in a 2/2, so I mean, it can't be THAT much, but who knows. If they don't need our help moving, then FI wants to have a LAN party with other friends to play Payday 2. 

Sunday we're headed out to the lake to visit some other friends at their new house. It's supposed to be rainy and cold all weekend (seriously my favorite kind of weather!), but it will be nice just to see them and play with their daughter. She's 4, suuuuper smart, and gorgeous. She reminds me a lot of Boo from Monster's Inc.

Time to get some tea and get back to work!

• Options

@LaPEanut1018 - Forgot to mention that I like both hair pictures! Maybe if you try the half up style and have pictures of both you'll be able to make a decision more easily.

@speakeasy14 - Wait...you mean you AREN'T going to leave it half paneled and half wallpaper? I don't know if I trust your judgment there. But seriously, ICK. I'm sorry you uncovered more work :(

@Peaseblossom55 - Boooo, cats ruining otherwise excellent options. Good thing they're cute.

@eilis1228 - I am jealous of your Coach haul. I used to work there and LOVED when stuff went on delete. I just realized that I haven't bought myself a new purse (anywhere) since I stopped working there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @eilis1228 - I need to find a case too! We're going to be fraternal phone twinsies! I was torn between the grey/black and the white/silver.

• Options
    @Swazzle--yay for no boot and new phone!

@CocoBellaF--Booo for no water and cold temps.  I forgot to turn my AC off yesterday, and it kicked on last night, and so my house was about 60 degrees this morning.  But...I did pull out a pair of boots yesterday, so I'm looking forward to wearing those this weekend.

@lapeanut1018--Have so much fun!  Yay bachelorette party!!!

I don't teach on Fridays this semester, which is generally a good thing.  My original plan today was to go to the library and work on dissertation research, but I found out last evening that my mom just had a biopsy yesterday, so I decided that news meant I needed a couple of glasses of wine and a sleep-in morning.  I'm going to hit the gym here shortly, then I'll come home and start grading.  Tomorrow, the plan is to have a long run, then do research for most of the day.  I'm also super excited because I'm going to go to Starbucks for breakfast and get a Salted Caramel Mocha.  Sunday is church, and then I have a costume fitting, because I found out yesterday that I'm going to be in The Nutcracker!!  (I'm so freaking excited I can hardly stand it.)
  • Options

@swazzle yes this is the same flooring I was hoping would be here last week... H is checking into it today with the company

@lapeanut1018 and @lmcooper86 cats are assholes... I did begin looking at ones with glass doors on the bottom those are pretty.    I worry more about the scratching of the furniture than them knocking stuff over on it.  We'll see what we find.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards