Not Engaged Yet
Options

Friday!

2»

Re: Friday!

• Options
    As of now paneling is completely removed from the living room! Now just have to remove it from the kitchen, and upstairs hallway, and then remove the wallpaper.

phiraSwazzlelmcooper86 hahaha maybe I should just leave it; apparently the cool thing is to just cover it up with something just as ugly. 

eilis1228 I love when Coach has their end of season delete sale.  I may need to visit my local Coach tonight and see what I can get. 

And finally here is a picture from my sister's wedding:

• Options
    I'm being terrible today and doing the dreaded double post (and still posting and running to boot!), but I'm trying to get out of the office quickly. My boss's mom is still in ICU, so my boss ran out of here about 30 minutes ago to be with her. She then calls me while she's at the hospital and is like, "Hey, you guys should go ahead and leave. Seriously. The CRM is down, the CEO is out of the office, and it's Friday. Leave early!" So now I'm going to try and finish up some things and leave around 2:30. I seriously have the best boss in the entire world. 

Also, very excited because my bonus is coming on Monday, which is also pay day. My bank account is going to be deceptively huge. 

ALSO, one of my older brothers texted to say he booked flights to come visit me and my mom (my mother is not his mother... he is a product of my real dad's first marriage, I'm a product of my dad's second marriage, and my brothers are all much older than me and were raised in a different state). He'll be in town the first weekend of December, and I'm so excited! I normally only see him at funerals or Thanksgiving, so I'm really looking forward to spending one-on-one, no-major-family event time with him. I called my mom to tell her, and she was squealing with excitement lol. Even though he's 33 years old, she still calls him by his childhood nickname and says he's "precious." 

Ok, back to work! Working through lunch! Will relax and catch up with all you wonderful ladies when I'm home!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

@speakeasy14 - I hope there isn't also shag carpeting hiding under other flooring somewhere in your house.

@eilis1228 - Jealous! We often talk about doing that if managers/CEO aren't in, but always chicken out...because what if they call?

I just checked minted, because we ordered our STDs on Sunday and I am obsessive and have been keeping an eye on the order. They shipped yesterday from MN, and are now in TN?! WTF FedEx! Toronto is north! Not south! You're going to the wrong way :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'm gearing up for what will definitely be an emotional weekend, but also hopefully a very joyful one.
    Bean's turning 12!!!! Tonight, D's parents arrive to surprise him. His mom wanted to be sure that he had one grandma here for him. <3 When they arrive, we're going to leave the boys with them to go on a secret mission. Bean has been asking for a nice skateboard, and we're FINALLY going to have it done. So we have to go meet the guy who is going to do a custom built board for him. I'm so stinking excited!!!

After that we'll head back to the house and try to keep it a secret until Sunday.
    Tomorrow, Bean has a lesson (his first in over a month). I'm so excited to see our trainer and all of our beloved ponies. I hate being away from them. But I haven't even been able to think about driving to the barn lately. After that we'll head home so I can bake cakes and go buy all the food for the party.

Sunday is Bean's birthday and his party. We'll grill up some burgers and dogs for family and friends and then take the boys to play a few rounds of Laser Tag! 
    If you think of it, send him some love on Sunday as this will be his first birthday without my mom and I know he's already struggling with it. xoxo
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    Okay, so I had a weird bra experience this afternoon. Bra/boob talk ahead:

Even if it doesn't fit under my dress, I need a new strapless bra, so I went to VS. I haven't been measured in 10 years, so I figured I'd get measured again. I've been wearing 36C bras for years and they feel comfortable enough (at least when they're in good shape), but two different sales associates measured me (one of them did it twice) and both said I should be wearing 38D or even 38DD. Which, I mean, 38 might be accurate, but my boobs are not spilling out of my bra cups.

The associates gave me three different bras to try on that were all supposed to be 38Ds. The first two did NOT fit at all; the cups were way too big, and unless I used the snuggest hooks, the bras wouldn't stay up. And I'm not spending this much money on a strapless bra that only stays up on the snuggest hooks when it's NEW.

The third bra fit nicely, though, so I decided to buy it. It was a D cup, but either that style runs small, or that particular bra runs small because it fit fine (I tried on a couple of 38C bras just to be sure--the cups fit perfectly). As I was waiting in line, I realized the reason why it fit so nicely ... it was a 36, not a 38.

*eye roll*
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @swazzle Hooray for no more boot! That's so exciting! You should wear your most fabulous pair of shoes this weekend to celebrate. As for the iPhone case, I found a bunch of cool, artsy ones on Threadless and Society6, but I don't know how much I love a particular design enough to commit to it. Most of the major case distributors don't have a bunch of cases available yet. *sigh* First world problems, man. 

@lmcooper86 So jealous of your work history at Coach. I bet the discounts were amazing! 

@CocoBellaF No water?! That sounds terrible! I'm glad you showered the night before, but man, what a rough morning. I hope everything is fixed now and that you're able to enjoy your weekend. Good luck in class this weekend too!

@LivLeighton What is your Etsy shop?

@LaPeanut1018 Ohhh I think both styles will look great on you, but the half up half down is my favorite. Post pics after your trial! Also, I absolutely love that Pottery Barn buffet you posted. It's gorgeous!

@peaseblossom55 Still no floors?! What the hell? 

@Hummingbird125 It's so hard to find new couple friends to hang out with because inevitably one SO doesn't click with the other SO, and things get awkward. :-\ And I vote for the pony as a prop! :-P

@TwoDimes Happy Anniversary! Hope you guys enjoyed your dinner!

@phira Pics of rings?

@speakeasy14 Holy wallpaper, Batman! Wow. Those poor walls. I hope you guys are able to get everything removed quickly! Also, my coworker's sister said this is the last 75% off delete sale? Not sure how legit that is, but that's what I was told.

Sorry it took me so long to interact with everyone today! I apologize for being a crappy friend. I ended up leaving work at normal time due to work load plus talking to a coworker for a little while, and then when I got home my keyboard was mysteriously not working... after FI got home and fixed it, we went to dinner with friends and then to Braum's. Cheat meal for the week was tonight, so I must be good the rest of the weekend!

I hope you all have fantastic weekends! @Ollie08, enjoy every moment of tomorrow! Can't wait to hear all about it! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards