Chit Chat
Options

Do you lick the spoon?

Or even the bowl when baking cakes/cookies/etc? 

(Ps, I hope that sounded dirty in someone's elses head too!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Do you lick the spoon?

• Options
    Absolutely. It's a must-do in this house. Bowl, spoon, beaters, etc.

• Options
    Have you guys ever heard of anyone getting samonella from it? I'm sure it happens, but I've never heard of anyone I knew at least. I remember on a crime show there was a whole episode where young girls were getting sick and they didn't know why - it was from eating cookie dough. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't heard of anyone I knew personally getting it. Hope I never do!
  • Options
    Yup. Always have.
  • Options
    Ew NO. Batter IS NOT FOOD. You wouldn't eat bread dough, so why cookie batter? Gross.
  • Options
    Mmmm, yes.  I love brownie and cookie batter.  Delicious. 

• Options
    Ew NO. Batter IS NOT FOOD. You wouldn't eat bread dough, so why cookie batter? Gross.
    Because it's sweeter! lol I don't eat spoonfuls, just a light lick.
  • Options
    Haha, sometimes I wish I could just eat the batter... Forget the cake!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Never. But I also don't eat sweets (my brain doesn't process the taste correctly), even though I'm a prolific baker. DH does the honors.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Jenny you ain't right.

Yes. Always a batter-eater.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Yep. Not with cookies or brownies, I don't eat sweets like that, but FI licks them. I do however lick the deviled egg mix from the beaters, bowl..... always tasty.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Every time. The spoon, the beaters, and the bowl. I have no shame.

• Options
    What? What kind of thought is this? Why wouldn't I eat bread dough? 
    I always pinch off a little bread dough while I'm baking, just to taste. And to assure myself that I bake the best bread ever. 
    Mmmmmm. What else do you do with the crooked bits of bread dough trimmed off cinnamon rolls? 
  • Options
    Of course!!

The risk of disease from raw egg is very low. I also prefer my eggs with a runny yolk too. The only time I stay away from it is when I've been pregnant.
  • Options
    Um. I don't seem to understand the order in which you put your words. Or perhaps it's the punctuation. Whatever it is, this sentence doesn't seem to work, grammatically. 

Of course I lick the spoon. Don't care. FI hates it. He's all SALMONELLA!!!!!

I'm usually all

Mmmmm. Cake batter.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I asked an ER nurse once how many cookie dough salmonella  poisonings she'd seen over her long career. She laughed, and said, "not a single one." 
    And then I had to ask about the turkey stuffing poisonings, because every frikking holiday season the news channels run those damned stories about not cooking the stuffing directly in the bird, and say we should bake it in a separate bowl. (Blasphemy!)
    She'd never seen that happen, either. 
    So far, I'm good.
  • Options
    DH and I mix up oatmeal choco chip batter just to eat the batter. We never actually bake the cookies. We have never gotten sick, though I have stopped doing it during my chemo because of being neutropenic and having the higher chance of getting an infection.

• Options
    How else would you quality check to make sure everything's set before you bake?

And you definitely have to clean out the bowl...

Yeah, I love dough.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    I lick a tiny bit of pancake batter, pumpkin pie filling, etc. but I try not to, since it contains raw egg.  However, if I am making whipped cream, I am licking all of that shit off the beaters.
  • Options
    I can't believe this is even a question. 

Yes. I usually scrape the bowl clean and eat that as well, cause it's delicious. 

I do this for sweet things only. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    I am thisclose to going to Kroger to get me some Nestle tollhouse break & bakes for an evening snack.

HELL YES I lick the spoon / beaters / bowl. 
  • Options
    I love licking the spoon . . . and the bowl . . or the mixer. I try my best to only have a little though. I always find myself so full from the batter that I do not want any cupcakes when they are done.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Of course! I used to keep those break and bake cookies in the fridge and eat a couple of pieces when I was having a bad day. It grossed H out though so I stopped
  • Options
    Nope I don't. I actually really confused FI and FSS when I automatically put the bowl with the cookie dough scrapings in the sink to soak instead of offering it to them. I don't eat dough or batter, so it never occurred to me. lol

• Options
    What? What kind of thought is this? Why wouldn't I eat bread dough? 
    I always pinch off a little bread dough while I'm baking, just to taste. And to assure myself that I bake the best bread ever. 
    Mmmmmm. What else do you do with the crooked bits of bread dough trimmed off cinnamon rolls? 
    I can't say that I've ever had this issue. I use all the dough for rolls?
  • Options
    Nope I don't. I actually really confused FI and FSS when I automatically put the bowl with the cookie dough scrapings in the sink to soak instead of offering it to them. I don't eat dough or batter, so it never occurred to me. lol
    I've done the same and my ex roommate flipped the fuck out. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" "Uh...the dishes?"
  • Options
    Yes! I feel guilty.. But not guilty enough to stop.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards