Not Engaged Yet
Options

Livening Things Up!

2»

Re: Livening Things Up!

• Options
    1)  Tell us about something you're really proud of, and why you're proud of it.
    I'm proud that I am using my Master's degree. When I graduated, I wasn't sure how it would set me apart from someone who doesn't have one, but I  feel I'm making positive contributions in my job specifically from things I learned during that two years.
    2)  Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really happy about.
    I'm happy that two months and five days from now, I will have run my first marathon. The training is no joke.
    3)  Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really unhappy about.
    There's still no Tiger behbeh in sight.... :(
    4)  How are things between you and your SO at this very moment?
    Freaking awesome. I love that man so much.
    5)  Are your nails polish right now?  If so, what color?
    Nope. They are in BAD shape. I just found my nasty 'stop nail biting' cream today, so I'm going to start using it again.
    6)  When is your next vacation and where are you going?
    New Orleans the first weekend in October for a college girls reunion.
    7)  What is your favorite quote from the Harry Potter Series?  If you're not into HP, what's your favorite quote in general?
    Fake it til ya make it.
    8)  Are you close with your family?
    Yes, specifically my sister, niece and nephew.
    9)  What is your favorite season and why?
    Summer because SUN
    10)  For those of you that are already married, what would you redo about your wedding?  For those not married, tell us something unique that you KNOW you want for your wedding.
    I would try on a few more dresses before deciding and I would get a different photographer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @cu97tiger, AMEN on the photographer.  Mine was made of epic failure.
  • Options
    I think this might sound weird, but I'm proud that parents are proud of me. I'm very happy with my life and how it has turned out, but I love the fact that they love bragging about me and all the things I do. It makes me happy to see them so proud. I'm proud of the fact that my parents have a daughter they can be proud of. (They are also individually proud of my sisters, so I'm not saying I'm the only one.)
    2)  Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really happy about.
    I am very happy with my new career. I took a complete change in career path at the beginning of the year and was really worried that I would like it, but I love it and am so happy to be here.
    3)  Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really unhappy about.
    My mom is leaving on Saturday to go back home. I don't get to see them enough. I just found out my SO had some issues with his job and is being delayed in GA for at least over the weekend, possibly longer. He was supposed to come back tomorrow.
    They are pretty good. We can't come to an agreement regarding a particular house, so they are a little stressful, but I couldn't imagine anyone else I'd rather be doing it with.
    No.
    I don't have one planned. I'm going back home over Christmas, but I don't consider that a vacation.
    7)  What is your favorite quote from the Harry Potter Series?  If you're not into HP, what's your favorite quote in general?
    I can't think of a favorite quote.
    Yes, but just my immediate family. My extended family...meh!
    Spring. I love the flowers and rain. I also love that it means that winter is over.
    10)  For those of you that are already married, what would you redo about your wedding?  For those not married, tell us something unique that you KNOW you want for your wedding.
    I have no idea. I'm going to be one of those people who gets engaged and people are going to ask me all these questions and I'll have no idea. I'm going to be so lost.
  • Options

Work is slow again so back to knotting :D

My budgeting skills. I'm hella good with money.

SO and I finally adopted the most adorable doggie, and I'm pretty sure I show him off just as much as my boss does with his (human) baby haha

I'm super pms-y this week, so weight, work, face, clothes....

Really really awesome :) We're actually having not-hypothetical talks about Future Things, and I'm constantly having to remind myself to wear my patience pants

Bare and gnawed.

Technically my next trip is next month for my BFF's wedding in UT (yay!) but my next vacation is in November to Disney with SO (double Yay!)

"Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they
    were perfectly normal, thank you very much."

Very. I still call my mom when I'm super stressed, my dad and I talk about Grown Up Stuff, and I'm working on not always bickering with my brother (SO HARD). Extended family is hit or miss, but I would still say we're pretty close.

Fall :) It's super short in Texas, but I love the holidays, the weather, the clothes and the acceptable color schemes

It's not really unique on the Knot, but I haven't seen it yet in the weddings I've been to, so I really definitely want family style serving at the reception (I also realize this is waay cart-before-horse, as we're still NEY, but it's actually come up in our day dream talks and I love family style)

• Options
    1)  Tell us about something you're really proud of, and why you're proud of it.  I got a teaching job.  I'm really proud of this because I kinda think this is what I want to do FOREVER, and also...I get paid vacation time now and frankly, I've never HAD paid vacation time.  Grad school DOES NOT COUNT, since I made a whopping like 18k a year to be a slave. 

We have a house, we are both employed, we both don't want kids any time soon, and we have key lime pie (from Publix) in the fridge.  Life is good.

WE GET SO MUCH JUNK MAAAAAAAIL.  It's hard to tell what's real and what's not real.

I am really on edge at the moment cause I have no idea why but H loves the crap outta me.  And I love the crap outta him, so I mean it's an awesome mix.  He even let me watch the 6 months later episode of Married at First Sight last night WHEN THE GAME WAS ON (but only cause I only had like 10 minutes left) - he thinks Jamie (from Jamie & Doug) is absolutely psychotic and was happy that Cortney & Jason stayed together.  So really, he was paying attention

Nope. 

This summer we are going on our belated honeymoon.  St. Thomas/St. John is the likely destination, although you never know until we book it.  This was supposed to be in April, but ya know...I have school now :)

EXPELLIARMUS!  Truth be told, I don't know any HP quotes.  I like "don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game" which is by Babe Ruth, but I like it from A Cinderella Story (it's on the wall in the diner.)

Yesseroo.  Some would say too close, most likely

FALL because pumpkins, apples, soups, stews, and basically...food

MY WEDDING WAS SO AWESOME.  But I seriously would have like...met some NEYers and invited them. 
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    1) Tell us about something you're really proud of, and why you're proud of it.Leaving my first husband- he was a manipulater and a jerk! He always made me feel like I would never amount to anything without him, but that is a lie because I am thriving!

2) Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really happy about. Work has been great for me lately. I have had three peer and client positive calls in the last five days and I have been making myself available for training classes most people shrink away from- I know my bosses see the effort I am putting in.

3) Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really unhappy about. I would have to say my living situation. I hate my apartment. It's dank and run down. I'm only ever there to take care of my cats...

4) How are things between you and your SO at this very moment? They are great :) We are balancing time together and time apart very well, I think.

5) Are your nails polish right now? If so, what color? My toes are a hideous neon blue that I haven't gotten around to repainting, lol

6) When is your next vacation and where are you going? October- we are taking a weekend trip to Orlando. Then in February we will be going on a cruise for a friend's wedding.

7) What is your favorite quote from the Harry Potter Series? If you're not into HP, what's your favorite quote in general? It's been so long since I've read/watched HP-, so I can't think of any quotes right now

8) Are you close with your family? I'm working on it.

9) What is your favorite season and why? FALL! Sweaters and scarves and hot cocoa and crunchy leaves.

10) For those of you that are already married, what would you redo about your wedding? For those not married, tell us something unique that you KNOW you want for your wedding.  From my first wedding, I would have paid for a real DJ, and not used my husband's uncle... For my next wedding, I would like to be more outspoken about what I like/don't like.
  • Options
    1)  Tell us about something you're really proud of, and why you're proud of it. I'm an engineer currently not thriving on caffeine and procrastination - just decaf coffee and focus. Today that's something to be proud of.

2)  Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really happy about. FI and I are successfully, progressively, making the house look less like a storage unit.

3)  Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really unhappy about. FI's grandma is having health issues stemming from surgery complications and they still haven't been able to wake her up.

4)  How are things between you and your SO at this very moment? Comfortable. Relaxed. Given the circumstances, as good as they can be.

5)  Are your nails polish right now?  If so, what color? Nope, my nails are never polished.

6)  When is your next vacation and where are you going? Once again, I have no vacations scheduled. Argh ... supposedly FI is going to book us a honeymoon, so we'll have to see what if anything he can schedule.

7)  What is your favorite quote from the Harry Potter Series?  If you're not into HP, what's your favorite quote in general? Stealing from the movies, "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

8)  Are you close with your family? My mom's side, yeah. My dad's side ... not so much.

9)  What is your favorite season and why? Wow, I'm a really negative person--I can come up with something I don't like about every season. I guess my favorite time of year is early fall? Not hot from summer, not freezing from winter.

10)  For those of you that are already married, what would you redo about your wedding?  For those not married, tell us something unique that you KNOW you want for your wedding. I'm not really sure how to answer this. FI and I really aren't doing anything "unique."
  • Options
    Tell us about something you're really proud of, and why you're proud of it.  I'm the only person in my family who has pursued a college degree. I'm still working on it, but ALMOST done! 

2)  Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really happy about.  I'm just incredibly happy that I have a job again (long 6 months that was!) and how far my FI has come with schooling and his degree and how much he has accomplished.

3)  Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really unhappy about. My dad is struggling a lot with overcoming his addictions and has been in a really bad place trying to get clean, it has been very scary expecting a phone call every day that he is dead.  I haven't said that out loud to anyone, and it just creeped me out to type it.

4)  How are things between you and your SO at this very moment? Honestly, lately i have been thinking every single day at least 10 times how lucky I am to have him, It has been 12 years and I am still so incredibly in love with him, Im' attracted to him, I love being around him, and he works his ass off for everything he has, and has accomplished more than most 28 year olds have.

5)  Are your nails polish right now?  If so, what color?  My fingernails are a teal/green with a sheer glitter over the ring fingernails and my toes are hot pink..

6)  When is your next vacation and where are you going?  Honestly, at this rate it will be for our wedding next December.

7)  What is your favorite quote from the Harry Potter Series?  If you're not into HP, what's your favorite quote in general?“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.” << fave harry potter quote
    "If you have a why, you can tolerate any how" << Jillian Michael's quote :) 

8)  Are you close with your family? Incredibly.  
    9)  What is your favorite season and why? Fall, is my favorite season season, but Christmas Season is my favorite time of all, i love the music, the smells, the excitement!  ALL OF IT! 

10)  For those of you that are already married, what would you redo about your wedding?  For those not married, tell us something unique that you KNOW you want for your wedding. I am not too sure if we're doing anything terribly unique yet.. since our wedding is still a year and three months away we haven't figured out any specific details.
  • Options
    1) Tell us about something you're really proud of, and why you're proud of it.

- My BF was just put in for an award for being the Top Second Class on his boat. I'm proud of him because he gives it all he's got and has worked hard to achieve what he has. Also just proud to be with someone serving the country, because 'Merica

2) Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really happy about.

- I was listed as an "alternate" for nursing school this fall. I didn't think I would get in so I had already sent my application in for spring. Just got a call saying there's a spot for me in October!!!

3) Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really unhappy about.

- Deployment :(

4) How are things between you and your SO at this very moment?

- As good as can be with limited communication and no physical contact. Great except for the loneliness and heartache.

5) Are your nails polish right now?

- Baby rose or something is the color. It's a very pretty, light pink

6) When is your next vacation and where are you going?

- I'm on vacay in PA currently. Sad I have to go home on Sunday

7) What is your favorite quote from the Harry Potter Series?

- Too many to choose from. I'm going with Shakespeare's "Love all, trust few, do wrong to none." It's kind of what I live by.

8) Are you close with your family?

- Basically my mom and one of her sisters.

9) What is your favorite season and why?

- Fall because of the breathtaking colors, cool weather, and disgustingly cute clothing options!

10). For those of you that are already married, what would you redo about your wedding?

- Unmarried!
  • Options
    @BreMR - I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's addiction struggles. I can't imagine how hard it has been on you. Have you tried going to any Al-anon meetings? I've heard it can be incredibly helpful. *hugs*

• Options
    I'm proud of myself for doing the 3-Day a few years ago. It was 60 excruciating miles but it was for a great cause and I finished it. 

H and I are buying a house! In just over a month we'll (hopefully) be moving into our new home :)

We found out at the inspection yesterday that our house needs a new roof and the kitchen is in worse shape than we originally thought. We're just hoping the seller isn't completely delusional or else we're going to have to walk away. 

Perfect <3

Nope and I've been biting the shit out of them this week. 

At this exact moment in 1 week, I'll be boarding the plane for NOLA with @hummingbird125, @buddysmom80, and @csousa1!!!!!

I am a fan of HP but I don't know it well enough to have a favorite quote. So I'll go with my general favorite quote from Steel Magnolias: "I'd rather have 30 minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special."

Very

I'm with @hummingbird125, anything that's not winter is my favorite!

My caterer sucked. The food itself was good but the service was complete shit. I really loved our venue but it was kind of a hassle having to worry about all those different vendors as opposed to a place that handled everything themselves. Also, I wish it had been cloudy. 

• Options
    1)  Tell us about something you're really proud of, and why you're proud of it. I'm proud of the fact that I have supported myself for a year. I was so stressed and worried when I moved out on my own (I had never planned on living alone), but it's been really great for me.

2)  Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really happy about. We got our STDs this week, and it makes the whole wedding seem more real!

3)  Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really unhappy about. My prospects at work. I'm feeling very under valued and unappreciated. It's really frustrating to come in every day and feel like I won't be able to move up within the company at all.

4)  How are things between you and your SO at this very moment? Just dandy :)

5)  Are your nails polish right now?  If so, what color? They're sort of a grayish purple colour, but really chipped. 

6)  When is your next vacation and where are you going? Long weekend in NY next month, and a week in Florida some time in November.

7)  What is your favorite quote from the Harry Potter Series?  If you're not into HP, what's your favorite quote in general? There are too many lines I love from HP, I really can't pick a favorite. But one that jumps out is the last part of the dedication from book 7: "and to you, if you have stuck with Harry until the very end"

8)  Are you close with your family? Yup, they're sort of awesome.

9)  What is your favorite season and why? Fall and spring...no extreme temperatures, nice colours and smells and stuff

10)  For those of you that are already married, what would you redo about your wedding?  For those not married, tell us something unique that you KNOW you want for your wedding. I'm going to wear my grandma's wedding dress...so that's pretty special :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @houndpuppy1 - I'm sorry to hear your BF is deployed, and wanted to tell you I can empathize!  Mr. H came back from his last deployment in May, and he's being sent off again the week after next.  Digital support for you!  'Merica.
  • Options
    Being able to live independently.  There are so many people in their 20s who never venture out on their own, and depend on their parents for everything.   (this is kind of ironic since I haven't been able to drive for a month, but sans-cast/boot this is true).

Buying my first home and being able to remodel and decorate the way I want.  Everyone always says how difficult a home remodel is and how hard it can be on a relationship.  I've seen it the opposite way. Yes, the house itself has been a struggle, but the experience has actually been a lot of fun. Bf & I have used this time as a huge bonding opportunity. We discuss every plan and idea, and are doing everything possible to help each other and make this home the way we want it.   
    Not really unhappy, just mopey...I miss driving.  Went to Dr yesterday, and have now been placed in a hard cast which will be on 2-4 weeks then back to boot. 
    Amazing
    Fingers, not painted. Toes blue-green
    No idea, first focus is house.  After that is done then we'll plot out a vacation. 
    "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that." 

Extremely. Family comes first. 
    Summer - I'm a tropical fish.  If I could spend every second sitting on the sand, staring at the ocean, I would. 
    Second place is fall, because of the colors and my birthday. 
    Unique - as you can tell by my screen name, I love the 1920s, especially the prohibition.  I would love to have an element of a speakeasy in my wedding (whenever that may happen).
  • Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2014

10)  For those of you that are already married, what would you redo about your wedding?  For those not married, tell us something unique that you KNOW you want for your wedding. I'm going to wear my grandma's wedding dress...so that's pretty special :)
    That's amazing, I love sentimental stuff like this! My mom had her wedding gown altered to be my communion gown.  Each of my sister's and cousins wore it after me, and we plan to have any of our daughters wear it as well.  She also had the scraps made into purses so we each have a piece of her dress on our wedding day. 

and @swazzle -- :( hopefully the seller will work something out with you so you don't have to walk away 
  • Options
    1.) Tell us about something you're really proud of, and why you're proud of it.
    I ran a marathon last year and am training to run my second later this month!
    I'm ring shopping!
    Relationships in my family seem to be deteriorating- people are fighting. I think think this is the first year that my entire family won't be together at the holidays.  
    Very good. We are in that blissful "everything is going our way pre-engagemt phase"
    Nope- Though I think I have some remnants of the sparkly nail polish I had on a few months back still. 
    Cozumel for a destination wedding in April- hopefully somewhere else before that- it depends on our finances.  
    "Tomorrow is another day" Gone With the Wind
    Somewhat. I am close with my parents, my brothers and I seem to be growing apart. 
    late spring- winter is finally over and the leaves are blooming and the flowers come back and we can actually do thinks outside again. 
    I am Catholic and my bf is Jewish. We are having a non-faith-based ceremony that incorporates wedding traditions of both faiths. I am looking forward to working on it!
  • Options
    lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2014
    1) Tell us about something you're really proud of, and why you're proud of it.
     Ummm... I've been a little down on myself these days. I need to think about it. 

Okay. I finished the rest of the questions. I think I'm proud of myself for NOT having something come to the top of my head really quickly. I've been a bit elitist in the past/ thought I was oh so much smarter than lots of people. So, I guess I'm proud of myself for successfully working on that flaw, realizing that I'm not that special and there's so much I don't know, and gaining some humility.

2) Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really happy about. 
     I'm getting married in 8 months :)

3) Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really unhappy about. 

Well, right now I have a very sore throat. Like... hurts really badly, haven't slept through the night for days, and now I've lost my voice. I hope it comes back in time for tomorrow, which is when I teach my first class of the fall. (It's a Saturday teaching job.)

OH and I haven't been able to go on the Knot AT ALL for the past 2 weeks or so. New job, no time at work (they've been keeping me busy, plus, I have a huge monitor. I don't want anyone to see me be bad! I get home from work and just collapse/ want to spend those few hours left with FI. But I MISS YOU GUYS!!

4) How are things between you and your SO at this very moment? 

Very good. I'm so sappy and in love pretty much all the time. Though, he's been a bit snappish with me lately, which is new. Comments like "UGH, lovey! Stop stressing about that!" or "UGH, Lovey, it's fine!" have been popping up. And then I show my hurt face, and he goes "I'm sorry. I don't mean to be mean." I guess he's finally realizing how neurotic I am?

5) Are your nails polish right now? If so, what color?

Yes. It's a dark greyish/blue-ish purple called "Better SLATE than never" by Jenna Hipp. I bought it, and a few other nice "new neutral" type colors in a set at Costco. It was my first trip to Costco ever, and it was amazing.

6) When is your next vacation and where are you going?
     Don't have one planned. We just came back from a long weekend in Vermont. We went to FI's cousin's wedding, and also to Burlington and saw one of my best friends who is in Med school there. 

7) What is your favorite quote from the Harry Potter Series? If you're not into HP, what's your favorite quote in general?
     Not into HP? PSHAW. First one that pops into my head is "YUR A WIZARD 'ARRY!" and then, of course "Not my daughter, you bitch!". Not the most insightful, but definitely some of the most fun and memorable.... There's also a Bertrand Russell quote that I've always liked about intelligence. But that's not as fun. 

8) Are you close with your family?
     Yes, very. I haven't called my parents as much as I should though. FI talks to his parents just about everyday, which I used to do before I met him. I need to keep up with them more. Of course, now that we're back in CT, we see them quite often so I don't feel as guilty about not calling as I did when we were in DC. 

9) What is your favorite season and why? 
    Fall. The crisp air... and that smokey smell that comes with it. I really like winter too. I like cozy clothes. And spring, because of the flowers and the happy new feeling. I don't really like summer. Too hot and humid. I think fall is still the winner though.

10) For those of you that are already married, what would you redo about your wedding? For those not married, tell us something unique that you KNOW you want for your wedding. 

Honestly? I don't think anything I want to do is very unique. My tastes are pretty traditional I guess? I just want pretty flowers, with a pretty headpiece, to go with my pretty dress. And brunch. Because yum. I might make some artwork for my invitations, since the work I've been making for the past two years has been inspired by traditional patterns, which really lends itself to wedding stationary.
  • Options
    thanks @bethsmiles!  I haven't attended any meetings, but I have a really close friend that has overcome an addiction and she has been a lifesaver for me. I will look into Al-Anon meetings, I feel so very helpless so any insight they could offer would help.
  • Options
    @BreMR A close friend of ours goes to Al-Anon meetings, and they really help him a lot. He openly looks forward to them every week, and I think he's really benefited a lot from them. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards