Chit Chat
Options

Cranky Tuesday

2»

Re: Cranky Tuesday

• Options
    I'm cranky because our office showed our apartment today when I was out, and I came home to find Jack locked in our closet.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I'm cranky because I just had to put my 8-year-old desktop printer out of its (and my) misery. It sounded like a Gatling gun and was only good to actually PRINT what I wanted about 35% of the time. Of course, that means I now have to print EVERYTHING to our big copier which is not far away but just far enough to be annoying when you print two envelopes and then realize you have to print just ONE more. I'm in the process of composing a memo to my Bossman and the other lawyers to get me and the other secretary new printers.

Of course, a concern is that we'll buy a printer and then it won't work with my computer, which is running Vista. Because, you know. Vista's a nice, stable, functional version of Windows. (I also suspect my version is pirated. I am EXTREMELY concerned, but I'm afraid to ask for a new computer. I can get away with requesting a new printer; they're relatively cheap. Not so much a new computer.)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    rescue dog puking everywhere. Then licking everything, dry heaving, acting anxious and nervous. Then having to take him to the vet.   Had to walk because DH had the car.  But the time I got to the vet he was fine.  It was like I walked off whatever was making him sick.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Additionally  cranky: Royally flubbed doing my job (like, a $35,000.00 flub). Started crying in bossman's office (very professional, I know) and he just started laughing at me and told me to calm down and have a doughnut (which, just for those of you who read my work out post, I did not have because of said work out.)
  • Options
    I'm cranky because I just had to put my 8-year-old desktop printer out of its (and my) misery. It sounded like a Gatling gun and was only good to actually PRINT what I wanted about 35% of the time. Of course, that means I now have to print EVERYTHING to our big copier which is not far away but just far enough to be annoying when you print two envelopes and then realize you have to print just ONE more. I'm in the process of composing a memo to my Bossman and the other lawyers to get me and the other secretary new printers.

Of course, a concern is that we'll buy a printer and then it won't work with my computer, which is running Vista. Because, you know. Vista's a nice, stable, functional version of Windows. (I also suspect my version is pirated. I am EXTREMELY concerned, but I'm afraid to ask for a new computer. I can get away with requesting a new printer; they're relatively cheap. Not so much a new computer.)
    I hope you did this.

Not yet. I'm holding onto it in case they want me to demonstrate its multitude of issues. Once I get the all clear to dispose of it, though...
  • Options
    I'm cranky because it is only Tuesday and I have 3 more days of work before the weekend. Monday-Friday I am a cranky bitch. I feel bad for my H because of that. I have told him numerous times that if he just won the lottery or asked for a raise that doubled his salary then I could stay home and be a happy bitch instead. He just shook his head and chuckled.

• Options
    I'm cranky because our office showed our apartment today when I was out, and I came home to find Jack locked in our closet.  
    What the actual fuck. Your poor animal!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options

It's Tuesday and I feel like it's Thursday.  It feels like the week I had last week has just blended into this week and it's making me cranky. 

I haven't slept real well since Saturday night and that's also making me cranky. 

I have so much reading for two of my classes that I've started to fall behind in reading for my other three classes.  Which sucks because my major flaw is that I HAVE to be a Perfect student.  Which means that falling behind in reading is not allowed. 

This would not be a problem if I didn't also feel t the need to make sure that the house is clean, and that I make dinner every night.  which takes my time out of reading and it's an endless circle. 

FI has helped a little bit but he has just as much reading for his classes, and he's also working on weekends and going to comedy (his Night job) 6 nights a week. 

I'm also seriously pissed that I Have to buy new bras.  Because apparently my boobs decided to grow.  I thought they were supposed to stop once you hit 19. 

I know this is a lot.  My apologies.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I mean... he was probably sleeping in our clothes the whole time.  He wasn't even meowing, I just went looking for him and found him in the closet.  But still.  I am peeved.  Thank God I was only gone for a couple of hours.

The leasing office knows we have a cat though because we talked about it when she asked if they could show the apartment.  I'm ticked they didn't consciously check for the cat before closing the closet (which was ajar when I left the house).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I just spent 3.5 hours sitting in my boss' office watching him work because, "you sitting there puts pressure on me to get things done." Great. You're paying me to sit and catch up on FB, Knot, and download books to my Kindle which I can then start reading on my phone. 

This irritates me the most because he doesn't offer vacation time cause he says he can't afford it. Well, if you could work on your own without a babysitter, I bet we could bill more and then you could offer vacation time! 
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I mean... he was probably sleeping in our clothes the whole time.  He wasn't even meowing, I just went looking for him and found him in the closet.  But still.  I am peeved.  Thank God I was only gone for a couple of hours.

The leasing office knows we have a cat though because we talked about it when she asked if they could show the apartment.  I'm ticked they didn't consciously check for the cat before closing the closet (which was ajar when I left the house).
    See, I was thinking they PUT him there to get him out of the way! If someone locked my dog in a small space with no light he would be freaked the fuck out, but dogs differ from cats in that way.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    AAAAAAAAnd now I'm cranky because I called my dad out on being a bum and calling it "school" and now he's pissed off and so I'm pissed off. I would move out if I/we thought it was a good choice for us financially. 

Unfortunately I am afraid it's not, and FI's in agreement. Although frankly I do think we could afford it.
  • Options

See, I was thinking they PUT him there to get him out of the way! If someone locked my dog in a small space with no light he would be freaked the fuck out, but dogs differ from cats in that way.
    Gah!  Oh no!  I don't think they would ever do that.  I certainly hope not!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I am just overall cranky today, for no one reason in particular. I mean, you guys, I just had a complete fucking meltdown over socks. SOCKS.

...time to go apologize to FI.
  • Options
    MA HealthConnector. And sick.

Tomorrow will be better.

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
    Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

• Options
    The wine we made was supposed to be ready in 4 weeks for bottling... It will be six weeks this Saturday :(
  • Options
    Uggghh.

I just got home from the hospital. Surgery was a tad more involved than expected.

DH is all "I'm hungryyyyyyy"
    I said "I'm cooking this fancy macaroni n cheese stuff in the oven".
    Him: I don't want that.
    Me: well there's a can of chilli in the pantry and leftover cornbread in the fridge.
    Him: that doesn't sound good at all.
    Me: well cook something yourself or starve because I am not going out of my way tonight to care for picky opinions.

Now he's all mopey.

C'mon, I've been at the hospital all day with mom tending to her! I don't want to cook something time consuming.

Winey man. AND he found another vehicle to obsess over. It's annoying, his level of commitment to expensive cars.

image   image   image

• Options
    Uggghh. I just got home from the hospital. Surgery was a tad more involved than expected. DH is all "I'm hungryyyyyyy" I said "I'm cooking this fancy macaroni n cheese stuff in the oven". Him: I don't want that. Me: well there's a can of chilli in the pantry and leftover cornbread in the fridge. Him: that doesn't sound good at all. Me: well cook something yourself or starve because I am not going out of my way tonight to care for picky opinions. Now he's all mopey. C'mon, I've been at the hospital all day with mom tending to her! I don't want to cook something time consuming. Winey man. AND he found another vehicle to obsess over. It's annoying, his level of commitment to expensive cars.
    Oohhh, no, no, no!!  I'm fine with not cooking.  But this is one of those nights where he's supposed to order pizza or chinese food to be delivered and waiting for you when you get home.  Tell him that!

And as long as he's only looking at the cars and doesn't actually spend money he doesn't have, it's probably okay.  My FI lusts after a certain ATV, but he knows it's a pipe dream until after the wedding.  It doesn't stop him from looking all the time!

• Options
    Mmhmm. DH is back on the wanting to buy a Corvette tangent. Ugh. In addition to needing surgery and PT on his shoulder, finishing the bathroom in the basement, fixing up the exterior of the house (including replacing a garage door with a brick wall) and looking for a new house in the spring. And we just took a huge chunk out of savings to pay for a dang wedding. Um. Not the time, dude.

• Options
    I am just overall cranky today, for no one reason in particular. I mean, you guys, I just had a complete fucking meltdown over socks. SOCKS. ...time to go apologize to FI.
    Makes you feel any better, I had a sobfest over FI's tv show getting deleted off of the DVR last night. I think he was confused, because for one thing it's not my TOM, and also for another I am not a "crybaby PMSer" so much as a "Bitch PMSer".
  • Options
    Uggghh. I just got home from the hospital. Surgery was a tad more involved than expected. DH is all "I'm hungryyyyyyy" I said "I'm cooking this fancy macaroni n cheese stuff in the oven". Him: I don't want that. Me: well there's a can of chilli in the pantry and leftover cornbread in the fridge. Him: that doesn't sound good at all. Me: well cook something yourself or starve because I am not going out of my way tonight to care for picky opinions. Now he's all mopey. C'mon, I've been at the hospital all day with mom tending to her! I don't want to cook something time consuming. Winey man. AND he found another vehicle to obsess over. It's annoying, his level of commitment to expensive cars.
    How picky is that husband of yours? I make dinner every other night, making sure there's always leftovers for the night after cause I don't like cooking two evening in a row. My FI will eat everything and anything I make. Never saw a man so not picky in my life. He's not a big fan of anything peanut buttery, he doesn't like mushrooms on their own but otherwise we're good to go. I think I need to celebrate him seeing how some of you have problems with picky Hs and FIs!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mmhmm. DH is back on the wanting to buy a Corvette tangent. Ugh. In addition to needing surgery and PT on his shoulder, finishing the bathroom in the basement, fixing up the exterior of the house (including replacing a garage door with a brick wall) and looking for a new house in the spring. And we just took a huge chunk out of savings to pay for a dang wedding. Um. Not the time, dude.
    He can always get one of these:

--

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    @lolo883 after reading several posts, I swear we might have like the same life. Twin!

image   image   image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards