Oregon
Options

Getting married at the world trade center in downtown Portland

im getting married at the world trade center in Portland and was wondering if anyone else has had their ceremony/reception there? Our wedding is august 3rd, 2012. Our colors are purple, silver and black and I would love to know if anyone has used those colors and if they have left over decorations they are looking to sell. Also, any good, decently priced dj's anyone can recommend would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone :)

Re: Getting married at the world trade center in downtown Portland

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My cousin had her reception there a couple of years ago.  It was in early September, and in the afternoon. Very pretty venue and yummy food, but I think I would have preferred it at night with twinkly lights everywhere.  What time will your reception be?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted it there but it was a little out of my price range.. looked gorgeous though!! Good luck with everything. PS Craigslist has stuff from weddings!! Great time of year to buy it too since the summer weddings are all over. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    BrittO.BrittO. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony and reception will be in the evening. I wanted all the lights to be on and sparkling :) yeah I've been searching craigslist. I've found some good ideas and deals on there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    try Ruffled.com they have wedding items for sale from past brides and seems affordable
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to go to your wedding ;) That place looks so pretty. What is the price range for a DJ? This guy is awesome & everyone knows a DJ can make or break the wedding. They keep the flow.     http://johnrossmusic.com/weddings/
  • Options
    BrittO.BrittO. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh nice thanks I'll have to check him out. We are still searching for a dj!
  • Options
    PrincePorterPrincePorter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BrittO, I am getting married at the World Trade Center as well, the day after you on the 4th! My main color is also Purple. The men will be wearing grey, so silver works, wonder if we could team up and use some of the same decorations and split costs?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards