Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Accessories, Accessories, Accessories?!

Vegas brides, what are we doing as far as veils, hair pieces, jewelry, shoes, are concerned?! I'd love to see it! Need some ideas.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Accessories, Accessories, Accessories?!

• Options
    No veil for me.  Maybe a sparkly headband.  Red heels for shoes and red flats for later in the night.  No idea on jewelry.  I'll figure that out after my first dress fitting on the 25th.  I also need to find some kind of jacket.  
  • Options
    Dramatic veil, custom pearl necklace, pearl earrings and diamond tennis bracelet.  Kitten heels with feathers and matching clutch.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Options
    I bought a blingy veil and am thinking about renting some jewelry from Rent The Runway when I arrive. I'm having a hard time justifying so much money for stuff I'll only wear once likely. 

I did find my shoes yesterday and they are amazing!! The bow will also be purple crystal. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I bought sparkly shoes (my dress is shorter in the front) and a $10 elbow veil from a Chinese knockoff site (just to appease my mother...I couldn't bear to actually spend money on a piece of tulle on a plastic comb.)

I have no idea what to do for jewelry though! My dress has spaghetti straps and a v-neck, is totally tulle, and has a bow, and I have no idea about earrings or a necklace because I really don't like the look of most "wedding" jewelry but my dress is kinda princessy and would look weird with anything more casual. My shoes are all the bling I can handle but I think if I don't wear anything I'll look wrong or like I'm just trying it on...Hope this thread has some good ideas!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I won a white clutch from a Chinese knock off.  I ordered my heels from same place. they fit and love them.  don't have dress yet lol
  • Options
    I have a small red and white chevron clutch from Kate Spade that I caught on sale.  
  • Options
    I'm still looking for the shoes (royal blue flats are hard to find), considering making my own. I just ordered my veil, petite birdcage veil. I also have all my wedding jewelry except for necklace.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you can, please share the chinese knockoff sites :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hmgiffor said:
    If you can, please share the chinese knockoff sites :) 

My veil just came from lightinthebox.com.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sassyshoshsassyshosh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    Toms Wedges. I am notorious for wearing Toms. I also attempt to wear them to most all formal occasions but am thwarted more often then not. Luckily for me I am the bride and get to do whatever I want on this occasion! Also the height was perfect for my tiered lace gown keeping my from having an extremely costly hemming. Since I am not the greatest in high heels I am very lucky to have gotten these wedges :) image

Also no veil but a very simple dried baby's breath flower crown.
  • Options
    light in the box :)
  • Options
    clutch.  if you go on light in the box my shoes are the ones with the daisys on it.
  • Options

I'm planning to make a birdcage veil. No ideas on jewelry yet, I might skip a necklace and just wear earrings. Got a multi-colored gitter kate spade makeup bag that I will use as a clutch. Might buy the glitter kate spade heels that I love, but they are so pricey!

http://www.katespade.com/charm-heels/S942345-P,default,pd.html?navid=xsellPDP

• Options
    I have shoes picked out from Betsey's Johnson blue collection and a cathedral length veil. I have the Maggie sottero adorae dress which has a beaded band along the bottom of the bust. So jewelry is gonna be super hard to match. I also have no idea for what to put with my hair since Im doing a veil. Great. I think accessories are harder to decide on than a dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Loving the shows you have all chosen! I agree that accessorizing is harder than choosing the dress.

Mine is a cream vneck with straps, simple and unadorned (Jenny Yoo Charlize). I have champagne satin peep toe heels and matching clutch, via DSW and Zappos -- our colors are a blend of creams, brushed gold, champagne with navy.

For hair, I bought really pretty adorned gold bobby pins with cream and champagne colored pearls from Etsy; I'm going to do mine pinned half back, no veil.

With both dress straps and half down hair I am unsure still on jewelry, but will likely do a single pearl strand and drop pearl earrings, or will go with just earrings, probably gold chandelier with pearl and crystals. Hard to choose!

• Options
    I got a really amazing gold comb from Hushed Commotion. Fabulous belt from BHLDN. J Crew earrings that are champagne drop crystals. Sparkly gold wedges from Nordstrom. No veil for me. I also got a matching jcrew necklace I probably won't wear. I'll probably wear a slim gold bangle with a blue pendant for my something blue that I got from charming Charlie. All my jewelry is sucks that I'll be able to wear it again.
  • Options
    Update...my fiancé just suggested that I grab some blue orchids for my hair instead of the blingy combs or whatever, which sounds perfect. I'm hoping I just get our concierge to order one stem of them from somewhere though, so it doesn't turn into an all-day event looking for the stupid things.

My best friend found me a great little off-white wristlet purse that'll be great, too, so I have that sorted out now too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Seeing my dress also had the blingy band, I did blingy drop earrings, my veil had bling around the edges and I got a blingy comb from Etsy for my hair. My bouquet also had bling. Hopefully this would help you and give you an idea :)
  • Options
    Oh and my clutch was also all blingy :)
  • Options
    WOW @Fablove you look stunning! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Since we are all sharing pictures of our clutches, here is mine!
  • Options
    I'm going to use Rent the Runway for all of my bridal accessory needs. Shoes are another story though...I want to be sure they are cute AND I'm able to walk in them for an extended period of time. That is going to be pretty difficult, I guess! Haha...
  • Options
    Here's my betsy Johnson book purse...
  • Options
    My purse, shoes, veil and necklace.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Options
    I FINALLY ordered shoes, on 6pm.com.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I just got these in black for one of our pre-wedding events and they are amazing.  I got them on sale during a 40% off sale.

http://www.anntaylor.com/amaya-exotic-embossed-leather-peeptoe-shooties/347545

• Options
    I think I'm going to wear heels, even though I don't wear heel a lot, and I have wimpy feet. Does anyone have any advice on how to make shoes more comfortable? Any inserts or anything? I'm happy with the shoes I picked, just don't know how my feet will hold up in them!
  • Options
    I've found that all of the inserts just make my feet feel squished in the shoe.  For me, shoes with a small platform are more comfortable that no non-platform shoes.
  • Options
    I think I'm going to wear heels, even though I don't wear heel a lot, and I have wimpy feet. Does anyone have any advice on how to make shoes more comfortable? Any inserts or anything? I'm happy with the shoes I picked, just don't know how my feet will hold up in them!
    Get your shoes a half size larger so there's enough room for the cushy insoles. I have heel grips and then thick terrycloth athletic insoles in mine - they're really comfortable and also absorbent, which is kinda gross but helpful in hot climates - no sweat means no sliding and rubbing on your feet and hopefully no blisters.

My shoes also have the hidden platform at the toe, which means my foot isn't at such a sharp angle to the floor so they're way more comfortable (this is especially key if you have smaller feet, I find.)

Also, get a natural material like leather, which will conform to your feet and stretch if necessary in any tight spots. Then make sure you wear them lots before the wedding, at least in the house. Mine are blue and won't get visibly dirty too easily, so I've already worn them out on the weekend a couple of times and they are still super comfortable by the end of the night, and they're getting broken in.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards