Not Engaged Yet
Options

Friiiiiiiiiiiiiday!

2»

Re: Friiiiiiiiiiiiiday!

• Options
    @futuremrshistorian - happy early birthday!

@lavenderfields13 - happy birthday!
  • Options

I'm still a newb here but thought I would jump in here to get to try to get to know everyone a little better.

@lapeanut1018 Happy Wedding!!! Can't wait to see pics!

So glad it is Friday. This has been a long week. Going to be a busy upcoming weekend/week.

Flying to Vegas tomorrow for a Mortgage Banking Conference with the BF. It will be a mixed trip of business/fun for BF and mostly fun stuff for me. We're coming back Wednesday and then flying out again next Friday to Dallas for our friend's wedding. BF is the best man.

Might go see Annabelle with the BF tonight but not sure yet. Hope it's scary. Need something to get me into the Halloween mood :)

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

• Options
    AlPacina said:

Just Friday boredom/randomness:

My coworker got me a dress-up magnetic statue of David last year. It's on the side of a cabinet that basically only I can see.

Here is how David has decided to dress for friday. I may never change the outfit now, haha!

Anyone have any fun desk/cubicle stuff?

Thats hilarious!!!! I want one!
    Anniversary

• Options
    @alpacina, that is awesome. Simply awesome.

I have a little silk flower arrangement on my desk:

7" Yellow Sabrina Rose Buds in Round Glass Vase (mine are more cream, though)

And a paper crane that a friend of mine folded for me about 5 years ago at my former workplace.
  • Options
    Aw the only fun things at my desk are photos of my family 
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian and @lavenderfields13 Happy Birthday! 

@lapeanut1018 I hope you are able to relax today and enjoy tomorrow, and I hope everything goes just as you want it to! 

@eilis1228 I hate spiders, and especially big ones. I think I would have run out of there screaming. 

I didn't participate in many threads this week, so I will give you guys an update. I was super busy yesterday because I had my first board meeting for the new hire event planning committee that I joined at work. I'm on the "Life" team (there is Life, Social, and Learn at Work), and get to plan events such as learning to cook/bake, financial planning, learning new sports/hobbies, etc. I am super excited and have some great ideas already. The best part is that the HR department funds the events as long as it would foster learning new skills and meeting new people. 

Some of the upcoming ones are candy making and a wine and painting class! 

Today is a pretty boring day at work. I finished most of my work earlier this week, so I don't have much to do. I am probably going to spend most of the day looking for ideas for events/activities for that committee. 

Tonight, BF and I will probably just stay in and catch up on TV/clean the apartment. 

I have a hair appointment tomorrow morning, and then BF and I are going to a custom jeweler to look at diamonds for my engagement ring. I know I mentioned this on another thread, but I hope to show him that his expectations are way too high and I would be very happy with a lower quality diamond than what he thinks he needs to get. 

We are probably just going to go grocery shopping on Sunday and maybe look for Halloween costumes. I can't decide what I want to be this year, but I am leaning toward Sailor Moon. 

• Options
    I have a Rubik's Cube on my desk that will forever remain unsolved :(
    Anniversary

• Options
    It's 3:09. I don't think I can last the rest of the day. I'm so sleepy and bored. I want to go homeeeeeee. That is all.
  • Options
    AuroraRose41 that sounds like an awesome opportunity at work! 
  • Options
    I have a Rubik's Cube on my desk that will forever remain unsolved :(
    OMG, screw those things. I also have this puzzle that looks kind of like a bunch of little logs with holes in them, and then they are attached together by these sticks that go through the holes. I took a million pictures of it put together before I took it apart, hoping it would help me solve it later. It's been 2+ years and it's still in pieces

• Options
    @LaPeanut1018 LADY. I AM SO EXCITED.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 it definitely is! But it won't help with my Pinterest addiction by any means. At least I am being somewhat productive now when I do browse Pinterest! I also fall into the age category of people that the group targets, so I get to meet a ton of new people in my age group as well. I'm very excited about it, if you couldn't tell. 

I feel like I have some good event ideas, but am always looking for more. I think I might start a separate thread posing a question about that. 

• Options
    Ok and now I'm getting all teary eyed. It was a HORRIBLE day at work. Worst possibly ever. I'm being accused of excessive internet usage, with no evidence but a few 'complaints'. I'm hardly EVER on the internet at work except my maybe once a day post here, and work related stuff. Coworkers of mine watch movies...ENTIRE MOVIES...at their desks and I'm the one called out. They also blamed me for another coworkers internet use before she left. Because we were close. It's just fucking ridiculous. 
    Anyhow, you guys are my loves and I couldn't make it through this constant stream of downhill flowing shit wave (that I seem to be riding lately), without you guys.
    xoxo my love for you is xo
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    @beanbot2002 - ridiculous. I hope you can get away from this job soon. They're really toxic.

hug animated GIF

Ugh the last hour of my day was an airing of grievances meeting at the end of the day on Friday and none of them were mine. Just frustrating.
  • Options
    @beanbot2002 how can they accuse you of excessive use without any records to back it up??? That's ridiculous. I would be looking for another job because it seems like you are constantly being disrespected. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards