Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thursday Chat

Morning ladies! How is everyone today?

This only thing that's getting me through this week is the thought of brunch, boozing, and a sleepover with @buddysmom80 and @hummingbird125 on Saturday. 

Brody had a follow-up appointment last night and he tested negative for FELV and FIV! Yay! I left him out of his room for the day today so we'll see how much he terrorized Bailey, Hailey, and Lucy when I get home. He just has SO much energy and after a little bit, the other cats are like, "ok dude, chill the fuck out, I need a nap." And Lucy just loves him. I walked into the living the other night and Brody was standing on Lucy's back hahaha

I'm going to miss them all so much when they have to leave me tomorrow night :(

Re: Thursday Chat

• Options
    Yay for healthy Brody! I'm glad that everyone is getting along so well.

I'm hanging in there. I haven't sent out football picks yet for this week (I run the family pool), so I guess I should do that this morning. And I have a proposal to review. And more funding opportunities to review. And a webinar today.

Next week I have my second exam in rocket propulsion - wish me luck!
  • Options
    @swazzle -That's so cute about Brody! I love it when dogs and cats play!

Tonight we are dressing up in costume and going to CrossFit. I'm dressing up as a huge penguin and I WILL workout in my costume. Hopefully H will take some funny pictures. I think I may also make risotto tonight, we haven't had it in a while and we have been craving it.

I need to go grocery shopping for tomorrow, I'm taking the day off since we are having friends come over and I'm cooking and hosting them while we have trick or treaters. I'm going to make chicken taco chili and ghost in the graveyard pudding dessert. H already had spiked apple cider so that's ready to go.
  • Options

@Swazzle - I forgot you got a new kitty!! I love that he's getting a long with Lucy, and the other cats probably need some terrorizing once in a while.

Today is boring. Lots to do at work and errands to run tonight. FI has practice at church so I have a whole free evening to get shit done. Or sit on the couch drinking wine. One or the other.

I kept thinking yesterday was Thursday and am sad that today isn't Friday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @Swazzle - hooray for Brody!!  I hope you don't have to be parted from your animals very long.  :(

I can't wait to be off work.  it's been really stressful and a lot of drama, plus all this talk about in-depth background checks.  I asked my dad about his (he's had Top Secret and Classified) and he doesn't think it will be too bad for me, so I guess I'll do it if they require it!

tonight I have only one piano lesson to teach!  I'm off at 3:45, so I'm going home to do my PiYo work out (today is a new one, called Core, sounds tough!) and teach my lesson, and then we're having STEAK for dinner.  yum.  I splurged a little and bought some nicer steaks.

I need to study tonight.  ugh.  only 2 weeks of class left, a final exam, and then I can sign up for the real PMP certification test.  I hope I can get a date before Thanksgiving.

tomorrow I only work 4 hours, so that's pretty awesome.
  • Options
    @KeptInStitches - Kick ass on your exam!

@southernpeach89 - I think we definitely need photos of you in your penguin costume!

@lmcooper86 - I thought yesterday was Friday until I was informed that it was Wednesday. So disappointing! 

@CocoBellaF - I'm glad you're feeling a little better about the maybe-background check. I am jealous of your dinner!

• Options
    Hey people!!! 

I'm hoping that work today goes super quickly, because I get to play trivia tonight with FI at our local pub. Tomorrow after work I'm probably just going to stay in and clean because @Swazzle and @Buddysmom80 are sleeping over after our drunk brunch and I'm sooooooo excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @KeptInStitches - good luck!!!
    @southernpeach89 - we need pictures of this penguin suit, PRONTO.
  • Options
    @Swazzle - YAY for Brody!! Glad he's fitting in!  Hope you get your housing situation fixed soon.

@Southernpeach89 - I hope you share those pics!!  I can't imagine trying to work out in a big heavy costume!

@Imcooper86 - I vote sit on the couch with wine!

@CocoBellaF - Hope your steaks come out perfect!  Now you've got me wondering what to do for dinner - maybe Eggplant parm??

Today is my Friday!!  Tomorrow will bring it's own set of headaches as I'm going to start the whole name change process.  Man, I'm having a hard time staying awake this morning already!!

Anniversary
  • Options

Good morning.

@Swazzle - I'm glad Brody is healthy!

@Southernpeach89- Too funny about cross fit in costume...we definately need pictures.

@CocoBellaF - 2 weeks!  You can get through this.

@lmcooper86 - I'm with you and wish it was Friday too.

------------------------

This morning is off to a good start.  I haven't weighed in in a week and a half because of my cold...actually, I did weigh in during the cold and was 3lbs up.  I was freaking out about that but weighed in today now that I'm over the cold and am actually 1lb down.  So that is a pretty steady loss now of 1lb a week for 10 or so weeks which I'm happy about.

I'm hoping to hit the gym this afternoon during my lunch in between working all day. Tonight H and I will go to meditation, which should be relaxing and insightful. 

I'm looking forward to tomorrow...my sister has a Halloween party I'm going to.  :)

• Options
    @Hummingbird125 - I can't wait to snuggle with Kaya!!!

@Dignity100 - Jealous of your day off! The name-change process wasn't bad for me at all. Hopefully the same for you!

@minskat30 - Congrats on the weight loss! Are you dressing up for the party? 

@speakeasy14 - Yay for no boot! I know how good that feels although I can't imagine having it for that long. 1 month was enough for me. 

• Options
    @speakeasy14 - I had to wear the boot for about 3 months after foot surgeries I had (the last one was in 2012).  it is a weird feeling to be without it after that long... congrats!!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks @Swazzle - I'm sure I'll gain a few lbs back during vacation in two weeks but I'm happy with the progress.  I'm thinking I'll dress up for the party as witch...boring, I know.  :)
  • Options

@swazzle yay for the new kitty.  I hope you don't have to be parted with them for long.  Did I miss an update on what's going on with the house?

I'm meeting an old co worker for dinner tonight.  H has hockey anyways so it's something to do.  I can't wait for trick or treaters to come by tomorrow.  I wish I had taken the day off.  Yay today is my last day of antibiotics. Life is quite boring otherwise.  I'm looking forward to November, so much is going on that month!

Anniversary

• Options
    @Swazzle - I'm just stressing at how much stuff there is!!  Tomorrow, first thing I go to the SS office, then I got to the BMV to get my driver's license changed.  Then I realized I have to go to like 493 different banks because of where all my accounts ended up throughout the years.  After that I can come home and start calling all the 672 credit card companies. . . oh and then there's the insurance companies and utility companies. . . it feels like it's a never ending list!  <<**Some numbers may be exaggerated for dramatic effect>>.

@Minskat30 - YAY for you and the weight loss!!  I need to get back on that wagon again.  After this week I will!!

@Speakeasy14 - So glad you got to lose the boot!

Anniversary
  • Options

@Dignity100 You can do all that on the same day? I thought getting a new SS card took a few weeks and then you update everything else? That's what would happen in GA anyway...I won't be able to update my name on my driver's license unless I can present my marriage cert. and an updated SS card.

@minskat30 Congrats on the continued weight loss! You are doing awesome! I really need to get back on track...I have zero excuses now.

@Swazzle I wanna see baby kitten with Lucy pictures!

I don't really have anything specific planned today. I need to mail a birthday present for my nephew. My SIL told me he wanted a Fart Blaster from the Despicable Me 2 movie. The thing is absolutely hilarious! H was "Fart Blasting" Cinders this morning and she was so disturbed by the sounds coming from it. Otherwise tonight we should probably consider doing some grocery shopping and we need to make a list of things we need to do and probably set aside some time to start developing our financial plan.

• Options
    @Peaseblossom55 - The house became a short sale on Monday and we decided to continue with the process officially yesterday. So, it could take up to 30 days (or even more I guess). H and I are going to stay with my aunt in Central Jersey and the babies are going to my parents house (my aunt is allergic to cats and her English Bulldog tries to kill Lucy). 

@Dignity100 - Hahaha I know the feeling! I did the SS office, then the DMV, and then my bank (I just have 1) and I was, shockingly, in and out of each in less than 15 minutes. A lot of stuff can be done online and you just have to fax them a copy of your marriage certificate. 

• Options
    @Swazzle - I know it isn't the news you wanted on the house.  Hugs.  On the positive side, in my experience short sales are generally a lot quicker than foreclosures because you have the bank's attention and it isn't completely written off by the bank.  I hope you guy still get it.
  • Options

@KeptInStitches - Good luck on your exam!

@southernpeach89 - Crossfit penguin? That sounds hilarious!! And sweaty.

There is a lady in a full black spandex suit today walking around the office building. If she's Sandy from Grease or Catwoman, then she missed Halloween by a day. If she's just dressed like that, then yuck.

@lmcooper86 - I vote get one thing done, and then the wine. For example, *Walk in front door* *See sock lying in the hallway* *Throw sock in laundry basket* *Drink all the wine*

@minskat30 - Congrats on the weight loss! And way to go not weighing yourself all the time! Although, I lost 20 pounds over the last year, and now I weigh myself almost every dayt because I love seeing it, haha.

@Swazzle - I'm so sorry it turned into a short sale. That whole process is infuriatingly long! Hopefully the house is worth it, but based on your pictures I really have no doubt.

-------------------------------

I am really terrible at remembering where I'm at on my BC. And for some reason I keep losing a random packet of pills every once in a while. So today I realized I am full on out of pills, but I'm not sure if I even need to take them today because I don't know where I am on my 3 month cycle. I thought I knew, but if I was correct then I should still have another packet! So this morning involved a lot of thinking, counting, and confusion. I am not awake enough for this crap.

I wish I had just gotten the IUD when I was thinking about it in college. Now it's a little late for that.

I had no halloween costume planned, but I remembered I have a masquerade mask I've never gotten to wear. So, I will wear a dress and a mask tomorrow!

• Options
    @LaPeanut1018 - I've been told I can do them all in the same day - so I'm hoping I can. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    @Swazzle - You mean I can have a TV marathon catch up event in the afternoon and submit everything online instead of being on the phone with people and have them try to upsell me on stuff?!?!  Maybe this won't be all bad!!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    @cocobellaf oh my! I don't know how you did it, I started becoming an emotional trainwreck after a month and a half.  The freedom and not having a heavy thing on my foot is amazing! And taking the stairs was a little scary. 

@swazzle I wasn't as miserable with the boot because I could at least walk and take it off to sleep and shower (I was still pretty miserable though)... the casts were the worst since I couldn't take them off or walk at all. 

@lapeanut1018 that fart blaster sounds hilarious, I think I need to buy that for my niece haha

@alpacina I'm just as bad, but only get the packs 1 month at a time.  I'm definitely thinking it's time for something different, so I can't be as forgetful. 

eta eh... words are hard 
  • Options
    @Swazzle at least you are proceeding. Hopefully it won't take too long now to close.  If you need to grab a drink and vent about the process with someone in central NJ just let me know ;-)

Anniversary

• Options
    @minskat30 - Thanks! From what I know and understand, we just have to wait for the bank to do whatever the hell it is that they do in the whole process but the amount we've offered should be totally acceptable. 

@AlPacina - Thank you :) How come it's too late for an IUD?

@Dignity100 - I found that a lot of different accounts let me make the change online. Sometimes I had to call and fax a copy of my marriage cert but the whole process wasn't as bad as I expected. The one thing I didn't know that I wish I had (and it has nothing to do with your name change), is that if you're adding one or the other to your benefits at work (medical/dental/whatever) you generally have 30 days from your wedding to do that. I didn't know that and we were away for a while after our HM and when I started getting everything in order, I had missed the deadline and it sucked. 

@Peaseblossom55 - Thank you! I hope the process goes quickly! I might take you up on that! 

• Options
    @Swazzle - We're just going to look at open enrollment and go from there (H already got his paperwork for open enrollment, I should be getting mine next week); so the 30 day for benefits I knew; but a great point for others!!  By the way - I hope the quick sale goes fast for you and you get your house (did you see if the bank would settle for less, I'm not sure if it works that way or not).

Anniversary
  • Options
    @Dignity100 & @Swazzle - Confession, I still have some CCs/accounts with my former married name on them, some with my maiden name from when I switched back, and I haven't yet made it to SS to do it all again. In FL they'll let you take the receipt you get from SS saying that you've ordered a new card with your new name on it and it was sufficient for the DMV. And once I had that, it was much easier to switch everything else while I waited for my new SS card to come in.

@Swazzle - OMG Brody sounds adorable! I'm so glad to hear about the clean bill of health. I have to take new pictures of Simon. He's in that 'tween stage where the bottom/back half of his body is HUGE and the top half is still slender and kitten like. It's quite funny.

I've been really really struggling with my anxiety this week. I'm not sure why. I haven't had any major stresses, more than the norm. I haven't been sleeping well and waking up wanting to vomit because of nerves is NO fun. Why can't it be the weekend already?!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @swazzle I've got my fingers crossed for you with the house!

@speakeasy14 YAY no boot!!

@alpacina Agreed with swazzle--is there a reason it's too late for an IUD? I got mine when I was 26.

----------

Not a lot new today. J brought his suit to the dry cleaner, and they said they could not take it out. It only needs to be taken out a TINY BIT, but they insist it's not possible. So he's just going to have it dry cleaned. Worst case scenario, if it feels too tight to be comfortable, he'll wear a different suit. We're not worried, just frustrated.

Don't worry. He didn't meet up with that guy in the Papa Gino's bathroom.

I'm trying to write my vows, and it's SUPER fucking hard. UGH. I'll finish them tonight. It's just irritating.

I've got my second fitting tonight! I wonder if they'll have me take it home or not. I was planning on picking it up at a later date, so I could rent a car, but I might just awkwardly carry it on the MBTA instead.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Helloooooo pretty ladies! One more day until Friday :)

Tonight, H is playing the cajon at a college in our city for a Cru event. Afterwards we are going to a haunted house called Necropolis with some friends.  I'm really excited because I've never been and its suppose to be scary!

This day is going by soooo fast and I hope it stays that way.  I'm so ready for the weekend.

I need chocolate.
    Anniversary

• Options
    @phira - I would totally carry it on the MBTA.  I'd probably even give it its own seat next to me.

@Imcooper86 - I agree with @AlPacina...do one thing and then drink wine.  Or drink wine while you do things.  I love to drink wine and clean the house.

@southernpeach89 - We need Crossfit penguin pictures.

@AlPacina - When I used to have problems remembering to take my BC pill, I'd set an alarm on my phone and make sure I carried them with me.  I can remember to take it now because I take a medication for my bipolar disorder every night, and so I can take them at the same time.  Of course, I just went off BC completely (the $50 copay is so freaking expensive, and with Mr. H deploying it's not like I'm having any sex), so maybe I'm not the best person to give advice.

I'm feeling puny again today.  What I thought was allergies I think is a cold instead, so I'm just sort of sitting here sniffling and feeling miserable.  I'm probably going to do some work--revising my teaching philosophy and cover letters for job applications that are due in the next couple of weeks, pay bills, read a book maybe...I don't know.  Or I might just get in bed and watch Buffy on Netflix.

Good news of today is that I think I finally managed to resolve the situation with my adviser.  We have a meeting scheduled for next Friday.

Also, since I don't have anything else interesting to say, here is a picture of my nephew in his Halloween costume.
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian omg he is soooo cute!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards