Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thursday?

Hello? Anybody home?

How's Thursday going ladies? I hope there's no one legitimately buried under snow.

We had a messy night here, started snowing in the afternoon and just got worse and worse and worse. It wasn't really thick stuff so there wasn't much build up, but the roads were a disaster with everything freezing and visibility was next to nothing. It took FI 2 hours to get to my place; I usually gripe about the subway (for legitimate reasons) but yesterday I was really really thankful that I didn't have to drive.

Busy day at work again, and then tonight I have to do laundry and pack because tomorrow night FI and I are headed back to Florida! YAY!! And I really need to review our the quote from our florist and send the deposit to our church. Don't need to be stressing about that while we're away.

@Swazzle - We watched Homeland last night. What. The Fuck. I was almost crying and it took a long time for my heart rate to settle down. I just want to hug Saul :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thursday?

• Options
    No snow here, THANK GOODNESS. 

I'm having a pretty good Thursday. It'll be better once the workday ends and I'm on my way to see Mockingjay at 8pm!!!!! I can't even wait. Cannot. Even. 

Also, I need more people to start listening to Serial so I have more people to discuss it with. There won't be a new episode for 2 whole weeks so you'll have all that time to catch up on the first 9 episodes! I'm seriously obsessed with it. TIA and YWIA. 

@lmcooper86 - I KNOW. He is never going to forgive her. 

• Options
    @lmcooper86 -EEK sorry about all the bad weather! We haven't had snow yet but it's still pretty cold.

Today is my Friday and tomorrow I'm planning on getting ready for things happening this weekend. It's our one year anniversary on Sunday. I can't believe it still, this year has flown by! Tonight I'm doing laundry, cleaning a bit, going to CrossFit, and making Corn Chowder. I love cold weather food.

Tomorrow I need to put together DH's gift. I got him Falcon's tickets. We doing the traditional Paper gift for our 1st year. I might pull out our cake from the freezer for it to start thawing out. I have a feeling it still might taste good lol. We will see. Then we are going out to dinner with some friends at a new shopping center that has all these new fancy restaurants. 

Saturday I need to go shopping and get all our Thanksgiving ingredients so I won't be one of those shoppers that shops the day before with all the crazy people. DH is cooking dinner for me Saturday night and making me on of his specialties called Hobo Chicken. It sounds gross but it is awesome! 

Sunday is our anniversary and I know what I'm doing for DH but I have no idea what he is doing for me so it will be an exciting day!
  • Options
    I'm at work today, waiting for 2 deliveries. I have 2 pairs of jeans coming, and a rental camera for the wedding we're doing this weekend. I'm a little nervous about not being here for the camera since they need a signature. Praying that it comes later in the day after I'm back. My mom is taking me for a massage in a few minutes!

H has been working crazy hours lately at work and I'm hoping that he can manage to catch up on rest soon or he's going to burn out before the end of the year.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @lmcooper86, hope the weather clears up for you.

@swazzle, have fun at Mockingjay!!!

@southernpeach89, recipe for Saturday night's dinner? Also have fun with your anniversary!

Tonight is for football and BWW. And hopefully today is for getting the car back. It was 1* when I left for work with a windchill of -17*. Lord I hate winter. It only gets worse from here.
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - Holy crap, a year already?! I can't even believe that! Happy anniversary!!!

@Ollie08 - Enjoy your massage! I'm jealous. I'm going to put on Stalker in a few minutes :)

@KeptInStitches - That temperature should be ILLEGAL. 

• Options
    @lmcooper86 - Oooh! Where are you heading to in FL?

@swazzle - Let me know how Mockingjay is!!! I'm so excited to see it, but I have no idea when I'll be able to go!

@southernpeach89 - Happy one year anniversary!!!

@KeptinStitches - I haven't had BWW in a few months. I could SO go for some boneless wings, a draft beer and wedges with cheese. NOM

• Options
    lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    What season of Homeland are you guys talking about @swazzle @imcooper86? FI and I watched the first three seasons, but haven't caught up on the fourth yet. I was super done with the show by the end of the third, but we've heard from his parents that the fourth is much better, so we're considering getting back into it.

I CAN"T WAIT FOR THE WEEKEND. This week has been long.

There are two new hires that started this week, both men. The boss (a man) took all the men in the company out to lunch yesterday (except  one guy who has put in his notice.) So, that was 5 people out of the 12 person company. I don't know if he paid for them, but they all went out and I wasn't invited, and as far as I could tell, no one else was either. One of the guys was making reservations in front of us (open office area.) It rubbed me the wrong way. We already had a welcome lunch for the new guys, so it wasn't that... just seemed so obviously like a boys club type of deal. Maybe I'm being too sensitive? If all the guys had gone out, but the boss wasn't involved, it wouldn't have bothered me.

My wedding dress came in last weekend, which was so exciting. It fit! And I still like it! I started minor alterations, so I was sad to try it on and then send it away again. This weekend I think FI and I are going to go ring shopping for wedding bands, which I'm really excited about. I can't wait to be done with this week!

ETA: FI had a flat tire yesterday. Boo. He ended up buying two new ones today. Oh well.

• Options
    @swazzle - I haven't watched Stalker yet! We might watch it tonight. H got home really late yesterday and was exhausted, so we just went to bed and watched Numbers on Netflix. Let me know what you think of this week's episode!

Does anyone else watch Sleepy Hollow?

• Options
    @Keptinstitches -If I knew the recipe I would totally share it because it's awesome! I'll have to get it from DH this weekend and post it on Monday.
  • Options

@Lmcooper86 have fun in FL!

@swazzle I'm so jealous you are seeing Mockingjay tonight.  I don't know if I'll get to see it this weekend. H has a bunch of house stuff he wants to do this weekend and my sister's baby shower is on Sunday. 

I've got a ton of work to do today and my mouse is acting all funky.  So everything is taking forever. Last night we got a sympathy card from the vet where we put it our cat down, definitely made me cry and I was pretty good all day until I saw the card.  I still can't believe how much I miss her.  Anyways back to working and my stupid non working mouse.  Is it Friday yet?

Anniversary

• Options

@Swazzle - AH I'M JEALOUS! I think FI and I are going to go see Mockingjay on Sunday or Monday. And yeah, Saul isn't going to want anything to do with Carrie, which breaks my heart. I'm going to look into this podcast you're talking about, I need something new for the subway.

@southernpeach89 - Aw, I hope you guys have a great first anniversary!

@KeptInStitches - No snow today...possibly a bit tonight or tomorrow. Go awaaaayyyyy!!! Too soon!!

@Ollie08- Delray Beach. FI's parents usually rent a house there for part of the winter. Just the month of November this year, since his sister is pregnant and can't travel after the end of this month.

@lilacck28 - This season! It's been so good!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @Ollie08 - I'm so far behind on Sleepy Hollow, but it's recorded.

@lilacck28 - Yay for your dress coming in!!

@Swazzle - Yay for Mockingjay - we'll probably wait to see it until it comes out on blu ray.  I always feel guilty dragging H to those shows... hmm maybe SIL is watching the series.  I'm hoping we can see Big Hero 6 this weekend!!

I'm very tired today.  I just feel run down and I cannot wait for the Thanksgiving break.  I agreed to work this weekend for the OT pay but I don't think it's even worth it at this point.  I feel like the bank that holds my HSA is giving me the run around - I called to have my name changed and H added to the account, they said 'you need to fill out this "Account Owner" form' so they sent it to me - it's like an application for a new account... I have an account I just want to change my stupid name on my stupid account!!!  I hate this name change thing!

At least the diner is having comfort foods for lunch (pot roast, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, etc).

Anniversary
  • Options
    @ollie08 You can leave a note on the door saying you want them to leave the package at the door and then sign the note. I've had to do that a few times with packages.

@southernpeach89 HAPPY EARLY ANNIVERSARY! 

@lmcooper86 I'm so glad you don't have to drive in that! It's the one time I'm glad you take the subway daily!

@lilacck28 WHY YOU NO POST PICS?!

@peaseblossom55 I'm having computer problems today too. One of my monitors is being weird. It makes the day drag even more. :( 

Today is my catch up day at work. Tuesday we had the conference all day, and yesterday we were in meetings all day and then my department had to give a huge, 90-minute long presentation to the company. I went home with a sinus migraine and fell asleep by 10pm. I'm hoping today is much better.

Tonight FI and I are meeting his friend N (who I've posted about numerous times before... she's very polarizing) to shop for engagement ring settings for her girlfriend. I'm happy to help, but I've got mixed feelings about the whole thing. N's girlfriend's family is not very accepting of their relationship, and N told us she wants to wait to propose to her girlfriend until they get that resolved. In the meantime, she wants to go ahead and buy the ring and have us hold on to it. We're happy to help, but I don't know if buying the ring right now is a great idea. However, not my relationship, so not my place to say anything. 

I think this weekend FI and I are going to go see Interstellar in IMAX with some friends. Not sure what we're doing Saturday-- we told N we'd help them unpack and mount stuff in their new apartment, but I haven't heard if they still need us or not. Sunday morning we have engagement pics, and then Sunday afternoon we're having some friends and our goddaughter over. 

Is it Thanksgiving yet? I'm really looking forward to all of the delicious food. 

Sorry for my post and run yesterday-- work ended up being a lot busier than I thought it would be. I should be around today to respond and actually be a friend. :-P

• Options
    @eilis1228 - I wish! It has a direct signature required. I can't even have them leave it with the neighbor who's always home. :-(

@GoldenPenguin - SQUEE!!!!! I can't wait to see the pics!

• Options
    No snow in NYC and a bit warmer!

had a great night with the future step kiddos last night.  Today I'm testing out my new fleece tights and am in LOVE with them.  So cozy!  And tonight my parents are taking my FI and me out to an AMAZING dinner in the city!

• Options
    @Dignity100 - Sleepy Hollow is one of the shows we're actually caught up on. I love it.

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin I can't wait to see pics of the floors!

Anniversary

• Options
    @lilacck28 You look so pretty! Although I have to agree with your mom...I don't really care for the swoop, it's just not my stle. But the thing here is it is YOUR dress and the only opinion that matters here is YOU. This is one of those things where you can say It's MY Day and nobody else can say anything about that.

• Options
    I don't really have strong feelings for or against it, but I think I'm erring on the side of against it.
  • Options
    @ollie08 Really? I've done that for an iPhone before, and they left it no problem. :( Bummer. Hopefully they come later on then while you're home.

@lilacck28 I love your dress! It's beautiful! I agree about the swoop though-- it doesn't really seem to fit with the dress in my opinion, but if you love it, then you should rock it!

@goldenpenguin EEEEK! So excited about the floors!

• Options
    @lilacck28 - Your dress is so pretty! I'm not a fan of the swoopy thing, but I don't think you would look like a joke if you kept it either.

@Swazzle - I'm jealous you are going to see Mockingjay! I'm probably going to see it while I'm visiting my parents but I might see it again when I get back so I can make BF go with me.

My Thursday is pretty boring so far. I need to pack because my flight to visit my parents for Thanksgiving leaves tonight. But I'm so unmotivated. 

• Options
    @lilacck28 I feel like the queen of No Dress Regret, so if you love how you look and you love how you feel, then A+++++ go for it. But if you want to alter it because you'll be happier, then also go for it!

We're doing a lot of cleaning and laundry today. We're starting to unpack the wedding gifts we got; only one gift was left without any indication of who it was from. We also spent last night planning out what we want to buy from IKEA; we're doing a massive overhaul of the living room and bedroom, and I absolutely can't wait.

I posted some photos from our sneak peek in my AW thread!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @lilacck28 - The current season is REALLY good. Yay for your wedding dress!!!! I love it!

@Ollie08 - I watched some of Sleepy Hollow when it first started but I gave up on it.

@Dignity100 - My BFF and I have gone together to the earliest possible showing for the last two movies so I'm going with her tonight and then H and I are going on Monday. 

• Options
    I'm totally late today.

@lilacck28 I love your dress, it looks amazing on you! But if you're hesitant on the swoop, then get rid of it. -- Also, wtf with your boss only taking the men out!?! That must make it such an uncomfortable work environment.

@swazzle I'm so jealous you're seeing Mockingjay already! I'm so excited that they kept the singing scene! I probably won't be seeing it for another week or so, my whole family wants to go, we need to wait until there are less people in the theater so we can sit together. 

@goldenpenguin yay!!! can't wait to see the floors!!! What other changes are you guys doing?

@ollie08 That really sucks that they won't let your neighbor sign for it, or just leave it. Who is shipping it? I know whenever I missed something from Fedex, I could arrange to pick it up at their warehouse. 

I was so busy yesterday that by the time I got a chance to have lunch the cafeteria was closed, so  I didn't get to eat lunch.  I came home with a horrible migraine, ended up throwing up, so I spent all evening in bed.  Feeling much better today, especially since I was able to eat.  

Tonight I'm making caramel apple boozy cupcakes for my best friend's birthday.  Tomorrow we'll be going to her house after work so I won't have time to make them before we go.  

Oh, I just found out that we're having an office potluck on Tuesday for Thanksgiving, so I'm trying to figure out what to make.  I'm thinking something with pumpkin.  Any ideas?
  • Options
    @eilis1228 & @speakeasy14 - ugh, yeah it's a direct signature required. Meaning someone at this address has to sign for it. I asked about leaving a note to have the neighbor sign for it, but I get why they won't. It's about $5k worth of camera equipment I'm renting lol I completely forgot it was coming today and not tomorrow because of a deal they had going on with extra rental days through Thanksgiving weekend. The warehouse I'd have to pick it up from is like an hour away and it would be hard for me to get there with my schedule today and tomorrow. I asked mom to reschedule the massage since I totally forgot about the delivery.

@Swazzle - That sucks. Sleepy Hollow kind of reminds me of Supernatural, but with a historical twist. It still manages to be one of the few shows we're caught up on!

• Options
    @speakeasy14 - I want those cupcakes! The 2 theaters closest to where I live right now have assigned seats. When you're buying the tickets, you choose your seats and they recline and are SO freaking comfy. I wish I was going to one of them tonight instead of having to fight people for seats together. 

• Options
    @speakeasy14 - we painted the kitchen... and that's really it! Other than the kitchen, FI & I loved every other color in the house. FI wants to do stuff to the downstairs bathroom eventually, but that's not a necessity right away. I'll AW the kitchen though:

Before:

After: 

I do want to redo the grout in the floor a lighter color - I think it will continue to brighten up the whole room. 

*******************************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards