Chit Chat
Options

Mockingjay

Are you seeing it? Is that why the boards are slow tonight, cuz all the knotties are at the theatre watching it?

Reviews are being posted on my fb now from people who went and saw it. It's not so hot looking!

I might see it when it comes to Redbox.

image   image   image

Re: Mockingjay

• Options
    My BFF saw it at the premiere and said it was good.  She also read the books, so there's that.  I might see it tomorrow or Saturday.  

• Options
    I read the books too, and it was definitely my least favorite book. But I love all movies when I can see the story I read come to life. Even if I hated it and it differed a lot, I'd still "like" it!

image   image   image

• Options
    I loved the book and can't wait to see the movie. But tonight I was at a fundraiser for Gleaners Community Food Bank with some friends. Strolling dinner and bazaar with local artisans. I bought fancy local jams. (Yeah, ironic perhaps.)

• Options
    We're going tomorrow, if I'm still alive.  I really hated the first half of this book though, so not sure if I'm going to enjoy the movie.  

• Options
    I'll go see it but we'll wait until we have time to go to the nice 18+ theatre with a bar and nicer seats and stuff. I hate sticky floors and crowds of teenagers...we went to Interstellar in the regular theatre last weekend and I was full of regret. I just wanted a glass of wine and an uncrowded clean theatre and maybe some fried pickles.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't finish Mockingjay since I got bored with the book. But, I have enjoyed the movies so far of the series, so H and I bought tickets for a Saturday night showing. We watched Hunger Games tonight to get ready for Saturday, and I helped H make a side dish for his work Thanksgiving pot luck tomorrow. I'm just babysitting he food as it bakes now.
  • Options
    I'm planning on seeing it next weekend with one of my friends... I would agree that of all the books, Mockingjay was my least favorite, but I'm still looking forward to seeing it! I feel like I need to see it just because I read the book and enjoyed the other movies... hopefully they do it justice!
  • Options

Although it was my least favourite of the three, I did still love it.  We're going to go see it on Saturday when we go into town for groceries.  J promised :)

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    Ugh the last two movies I've seen at midnight, with one of my best friends.  We're now about 3,000 miles apart, and I received the following text this evening:

"I GET TO SEE MOCKINGJAY BEFORE YOU BECAUSE THANKS TO TIME ZONES, YOU'RE IN THE PAST!"

Jerk.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I'm seeing it Saturday, already got my tickets! Dragging BF with me but I think he's secretly excited. I'm curious to see how this movie is since there will be no real "conclusion" till the next one.

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    It's on the list - I still have to see Interstellar first!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think we're gonna try to go this weekend.

• Options
    Seeing it tomorrow. FH and I are so excited to see it. We are reading the MockingJay book now.
  • Options
    DH and I are going next weekend. I didn't really like that book, but I do still want to see the movies. DH has not read the books so he is more excited for it than I am.
  • Options
    I've also read all of the  books. I'm hoping we can go see it tonight or maybe even on Sunday.

And I'm in the small minority but Mockingjay was by far my favorite book. There was so much more content than just the fighting and the face of the story. 

• Options
    I will probably go see it in a week or so to let the crowds die down.  What I am curious about, since I read the book, is where they are going to stop the first movie.  With Harry Potter and the Twilight series it was pretty obvious where they were going to split the movie, but this one I just can't figure out.

• Options
    emmaaaemmaaa mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    I will probably go see it in a week or so to let the crowds die down.  What I am curious about, since I read the book, is where they are going to stop the first movie.  With Harry Potter and the Twilight series it was pretty obvious where they were going to split the movie, but this one I just can't figure out.
    I have an idea that it's when (highlight in case someone didn't read the book) Katniss starts making her way to the Capitol. 

• Options
    I haven't read the books. I liked the other movies but was never super-excited about them. DH loves them so we just bought tickets for tomorrow night.

I told him that there was no way I was seeing it in the next month unless we had reserved seats. I hate the crowds at this kind of thing.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I haven't read the books. I liked the other movies but was never super-excited about them. DH loves them so we just bought tickets for tomorrow night.

I told him that there was no way I was seeing it in the next month unless we had reserved seats. I hate the crowds at this kind of thing.
    I hate the big crowds too! We're lucky that the movie theatre near our place lets you reserve your seat online before. Otherwise definitely not worth it!

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    I plan on seeing it, but I'm always waiting for the crowds to die down first. 
  • Options
    H and I are going to see it this weekend.  Super excited.  I loved the books.  I've read them several times.
  • Options
    Seeing it tomorrow. FH and I are so excited to see it. We are reading the MockingJay book now.
  • Options
    I went last night!!!! I was a big fan of the books and was pretty impressed with the movie. Really, no complaints about it. District 13 was a little different than I had pictured it based on the book, but it worked.

@emmaaa Not quite! ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Waiting till next week because I like to go to the early (like 10 am) shows. I can't go to later movies because too many people are eating popcorn and crackling candy wrappers and I hate hate hate the sound and then aaaaaargh! I can't stand it and have to leave.
  • Options
    This. I feel like making it into 2 movies will really screw up the momentum of the story as there isn't really a good place to stop.

Anniversary
  • Options
    amelisha said:
    I'll go see it but we'll wait until we have time to go to the nice 18+ theatre with a bar and nicer seats and stuff. I hate sticky floors and crowds of teenagers...we went to Interstellar in the regular theatre last weekend and I was full of regret. I just wanted a glass of wine and an uncrowded clean theatre and maybe some fried pickles.

VIP FTW!!!

I enjoyed the book but less than the others. Will definitely see this in theatres, FI has a big crush on Katniss. Not JLaw, just Katniss.
  • Options
    We just got back.  Thank you AVX for assigned seating.  We were late due to my work and only caught the last preview.  

Anyway, I really hated this part of the book (the first half).  I felt like it was all Katniss hiding behind pipes wallowing in her misery (which I know would be pretty realistic, but made for a boring book).  Anyway, I thought the movie was much better than this part of the book.  Stuff actually happened.  DH thought it was a bit slow/boring, but I reminded him that nothing actually happened in this part of the book anyway, and they're setting up the grand finale so to speak.  Obviously not as good as the first, or even the second, but I thought it was well done

• Options

I hate the big crowds too! We're lucky that the movie theatre near our place lets you reserve your seat online before. Otherwise definitely not worth it!

Ditto. Reserved seating ftw. And the theater we are going to is 18+ unless they have a parent with them.
  • Options
    This. I feel like making it into 2 movies will really screw up the momentum of the story as there isn't really a good place to stop.

I was really skeptic going in about how they would smoothly cut the story line for two movies... I thought they did a great job. People who didn't read the book will be left hanging, and IMO it didn't interrupt anything major. The movie cut off at a good time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards