Chit Chat
Options

Whatcha doing this weekend??

FUH-RIY-DAE!

I am so excited it's Friday. Tonight H and I are ordering wings and drinking beer while watching a movie. We will also finish the leftover birthday cake I made.

Tomorrow I am having lunch with two of my best girlfriends...one of which just became official with my cousin. We have a lot to catch up on. Then we are going out to celebrate H's bday late with some friends at a local bar and will play some pool. Maybe kareoke? (sp)

Sunday I have a shitload of laundry and cleaning to do, so I will most likely do that while binging on some Netflix.

What does everyone else have planned?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Whatcha doing this weekend??

• Options
    Sunday - I plan to get drunk on netflix and being lazy on the couch.

Saturday - We have tickets to see a sporting match and will probably spend the afternoon cooking something delicious for lunch before we leave for said sporting match.

Friday - Tonight we have dinner plans. 

I am so exhausted from the week, that I am so looking forward to my Sunday of nothingness.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hibernating. 
  • Options
    Tonight I hope we can go see Mockingjay after wings and beer with everyone at our wing place.

Saturday morning I am mailing out the thank you notes from the showers last weekend and cleaning up the house.

That afternoon/evening is the Tree Lighting ceremony downtown for the Town I work for and I'm in charge of that.

Sunday is church and being lazy.

• Options
    Fun weekend!

Tonight I have absolutely no plans. I guess I'll see if anything comes up throughout the day. I've pretty much stayed home the past few Fridays, so I'm hoping to do something tonight. I just can't be really motivated with this weather.

Tomorrow we will officially be at the 6 month mark, YAY!!!!!! So I'm going kickboxing in the early afternoon, then we are meeting with a florist at 3. The florist is really close to our venue, so I thought that it would be fun to go and have a couple of drinks there as a "6 month mark!" mini celebration lol.

Sunday, don't have much planned. I will probably just do my hair, and lounge around. Maybe go for a run, if the weather isn't too terrible.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    We have zero plans this weekend. We have an entire keg left from our wedding that is sitting in our living room. I think it'd be fun to have a soup pot-luck with our friends and drink some beer, but that requires planning and I think we want to relax. The keg isn't going anywhere so we can wait lol. 

I'd like to get all of our thank-yous out, I'm about a third of way through. I'm writing the thank yous and H is doing all of the addressing. The system works for us :) 

Then Sunday we'll pack for our honeymoon! Leaving before the sun pops up on Tuesday morning! 

• Options

It's my birthday weekend!

Tonight we probably won't do much - just hang out at home with the dog.

Tomorrow - my mom's taking me to breakfast, then I'm running errands with H. He's taking me to dinner at a fabulous restaurant tomorrow night and then we're meeting some of my friends for drinks after.

Sunday - H is going to his parents house for the day to watch football so that I can have the whole house to myself as a birthday present. I don't have to watch football (yay!), I can decorate the house for Christmas and I can listen to all the Christmas music I want.

Monday is my actual birthday and that's the night the Bills game was moved to. So I know what we're doing that night.

• Options
    I've had a duck in the freezer for a couple months, so tomorrow we're having another couple over for duck. No idea what else yet but duck, anyway.

Other than that I am pretty much completely plansless. FI and his buddies will probably play Destiny all night tonight on my couch, but that at least gets them out of my hair so I can clean the kitchen and bathrooms.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FMIL's birthday is Sunday, so we're making dinner for her! She eats a ton of chicken already and turkey is only a few days away, so I think I'm going to make an herbed ribeye roast instead. I mentioned a recipe the other day and she perked up, so I think it'll go over well. :) 
  • Options
    Tonight - H and I are going to head to Target and buy some Christmas lights and then pick up some take out, probably Chinese, and have a lazy night at home.

Saturday - We will be hanging our flat screen in our bedroom on the wall, so that should be interesting. I also am going to start on my gift for my Secret Santa exchange.  And add in some laundry and cleaning and my Saturday is complete.

Sunday - I plan on doing nothing.  Maybe we will take our pup to the dog park and have her run around for a bit, but other then that my ass will be firmly planted on the couch.

• Options

@cupcait927--Happy Birthday weekend!

Have fun and party it up!

• Options
    After work I'm getting my car checked out because it's basically acting like it's mildly possessed. But I'm also going to get a pedicure and some other fun stuff, maybe try to figure out a good Christmas present for FI.

Saturday and Sunday no hugely solid plans yet. FI wants to check out a local Unitarian church on Sunday morning, and we may go have lunch with one of his coworkers and his gf. At some point we also want to see Big Hero 6. I plan on also making him look at some wedding stuff so I can start making some more phone calls.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Tonight we are going shopping to spend our Kohl's cash and getting dinner, then I am making brown sugar cheesecake and prepping to make roasted balsamic Brussels sprouts with pancetta which is for Saturday.

Saturday is my mom's side of the family Thanksgiving and I am contributing the cheesecake and sprouts. We will also do the drawing for secret Santa for Christmas that day.

Sunday will be grocery shopping and relaxing. Hopefully I will get to play Don't Starve: Reign of Giants sometime too.
  • Options
    STEVIE MOTHERFUCKIN' WONDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Taking my little sister for her 14th birthday because I'm super awesome. ;)

Where we'll be dancing like this:

• Options
    @cupcait927

Seconding @sarawifenow I hope you have a great birthday celebration weekend!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Tonight we are going to buy wedding invitations (eeeee!) and probably doing some kind of takeout for dinner.

Tomorrow FI has to work all day so they can be off next Thurs. and Fri. for Thanksgiving so I plan to clean the house and get caught up on all my girly shows that he doesn't like.

Saturday night I plan to cook up some butternut squash using one of the recipes you lovely ladies suggested! 

Sunday I'll finish whatever cleaning I don't get done tomorrow then go buy groceries and food for Thanksgiving :D
    Anniversary

• Options
    lovegood90lovegood90 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014

Sounds like an awesome weekend! Love Netflix binge days.

I'm going to this food and wine show thing tonight with BF and some friends. You basically walk around and sample tons of different wines, beers and food. It's always so fun, but very busy, and I always end up pretty tipsy, haha. We will probably end up at a bar afterwards to continue the festivities.

Tomorrow I'm seeing Mockingjay, so excited! That's the extent of the plans I have so far, might try to do some Christmas shopping as well.

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    Tonight - I have no idea. Maybe we'll stay home and cook and drink wine. 

Saturday - helping my friend move. 
    Saturday night - going to see Dumb & Dumber To with my bro. I really don't want to see this, but he begged me. 

Sunday: Hiking, brunch, cleaning and laundry 
  • Options
    Tonight I was supposed to be an Elf in the Santa Claus Parade in town on my FI's work float. They put a small airplane on a trailer and covered the trailer in fake snow and 'clouds' and covered the whole thing in white lights. Its freaking awesome. FI was supposed to be 'piloting' the plane.

However, he's on call this weekend and got the call last night that he's got a flight this afternoon/evening as well as all day sunday. So there goes the weekend.

I'll probably work out tonight and have a late supper ready for whenever he gets back into town.
    Tommorow there is a 'torch lighting' and fireworks for the Canada Winter Games relay thats coming through town.

Sunday I'll probably do some housework and baking while FI is gone.

I was really hoping to see the new hunger games this weekend but with FI on-call its just not feasible. Probably will have to wait a week or two until he has a 'for sure' day off.
  • Options
    My parents and aunt are coming on Monday for the holiday.

Today is waiting around for a new futon to be delivered.  We only have 2 bedrooms and my office.  So the futon will go in the office for my aunt to sleep.  Tonight is just going out for burgers.

Tomorrow is deep clean day to get ready for the 'rents to come.  DH is working to get things ready for Thanksgiving at work so he can take a little time off when everyone is here.

Sunday we are having people over to watch the football games.  We have Sunday Ticket so we invite non-Bronco fans to watch their favorite teams.  Well some Bronco fans come too, but their game are always on around here.   DH is cooking steaks and other yummy stuff.   Lots of drinking goes on.  Especially theses:

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    EEEKKKSS! The 19 day work "week" is finally over (…a day early, cuz I decided to take today off) and I'm over the moon happy to finally have a much, MUCH needed weekend!!! 

On the books: absolutely nothing. A glorious 3 days of nothingness is exactly what is needed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    With some assistance from my dad, I'm going to build a hatch door for my attic so that we can get the insulation done next Friday. Susie Motherfuckin homeBUILDER.

I also want to go on a caffeine-fueled cleaning bender this weekend but we all know that ain't gonna happen.

Probably going to end up just playing video games and fucking off all weekend. FI is on nights so I'm going to be by myself.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Thinking about maybe making lentils in the crockpot this weekend. And begging DH to help me put up the tree early (he's not really into decorating).

We were going to go to the farmer's market downtown with my parents on Saturday, but it looks like we may get rained out. Boo!

• Options
    raissyraisraissyrais member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited November 2014
    FI wants me to join him and his work friends for Winter Wonderland this evening but I really don't feel like it. Don't feel like partying really. And tomorrow is Fi's brother graduation and we are apparently meeting the FILs for lunch. Nobody wanted Japanese and I'm craving sushi.

The brother thinks all Asian food is something that's been picked up off the floor. What a loser. He can't handle spice either. Or anything that isn't boiled parsnips or carrots. My FFIL's favourite food is cabbage. CABBAGE! Ugh.

ETD: Spelling
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    H is doing a 104 mile bike race tomorrow, and 2 of his friends are coming from out of town to do the race as well. He told one of his friends (and his wife) they could stay with us all weekend, in our small house, with ONE tiny bathroom. I truly like his friend and his wife, but I don't want to share our tiny bathroom with anyone for 2 days. Also, while he is doing the race, I have to hangout with his friend's wife. I don't know her well enough to feel like I don't need to entertain her, and I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what we're going to do. First world problems, wah wah, I guess I'm kind of being a baby.
  • Options

It's my dad's bday so we are supposed to go out to dinner with my parents tonight.

Tomorrow my dogs have a vet appt (supposedly to go on Prozac!), and my BFF is coming up from the city for the week.

Mostly I have to make up work from dicking around on the internet all week - - but at least I finished my Save the Dates order finally!!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    DH is out of town this weekend. Tonight I'm going to yoga class and then Netflix marathon and wine. Tomorrow I'm going to (hopefully) find some new clothes to replace a bunch of worn out stuff and finally take care of changing my name. Sunday is cleaning, laundry, yoga, homework and Netflix.

Anniversary
  • Options
    kat1114 said:
    H is doing a 104 mile bike race tomorrow, and 2 of his friends are coming from out of town to do the race as well. He told one of his friends (and his wife) they could stay with us all weekend, in our small house, with ONE tiny bathroom. I truly like his friend and his wife, but I don't want to share our tiny bathroom with anyone for 2 days. Also, while he is doing the race, I have to hangout with his friend's wife. I don't know her well enough to feel like I don't need to entertain her, and I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what we're going to do. First world problems, wah wah, I guess I'm kind of being a baby.
    I hate that feeling! Could you go to a movie, Christmas shopping, take a pottery class or something?

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    I CANT WAIT: today/tonight is Light Up Night in Pittsburgh..They turn on all the christmas lights and trees and it's a fun night out. Starting off with happies at 5. Countdown started at 8am..
  • Options
    Going to see Hunger Games tonight!!!!
    I might see if I can convince FI to drive 2 hours to a Christmas light thing tomorrow night.  We've also got a bunch of holiday baking to do since FI voluntold me to make all of the Thanksgiving desserts.  I love baking but I get super freaked out when it's for a big family function like this.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards