Not Engaged Yet
Options

2»

Re: .

• Options
    Do you love or loathe the phrase "Engagement Season"?
    I don't really mind it, although engagements happen all year... I understand how the lovey-doveyness  (if that's even a word!) of the season leads to tons of engagements.

Do you love or loathe the engagement ring commercials and all of the craziness that come along with this time of year?
    When I was younger I despised this time of the year with a burning passion. I HATED the love and warm feelings (call me crazy). However, now I'm starting to like it. 

How do you answer the awkward friend and family questions about when you plan on getting engaged? (You know...because that is something you can always decide. haha). 
    Oh my gosh. I hear that all the time and people won't stop.
    I understand that my boyfriend's sister finally got married a few months ago, and that it was a big deal for their family. It's a big deal, yes.. 
    I understand one of my classmates (and who my boyfriend grew up with), got married a couple months ago.
    I understand we're the exact same age and people consider myself and my boyfriend to be extremely well prepared for marriage.
    But, everyone can just please stop. All everyone is doing is seriously freaking out my future mother-in-law with that type of speak. She went off on a huge rant on Thanksgiving about it.
    When people ask we have just told everyone that neither of us is ready at this moment for that and we have a timeline we're sticking to. We plan on completing school, being fully self-sufficient, and having good stable jobs for a year first. I'm also gonna be able to drink at my own wedding, dammit!

In a couple or a few years, it'll happen when it happens.  (Edit- It's not going to happen around any holiday. The boyfriend thinks its robbing a holiday AND an engagement of a celebration, when you get engaged too close to one.)

• Options

Personally it's not my style.  I like keeping my holidays, birthdays, anniversarys, and other occasions of awesome separate ;)  My grandpa got engaged this weekend though <3

Do you love or loathe the engagement ring commercials and all of the craziness that come along with this time of year?

I like looking at the shinies, but they help bring out the crazy in a lot of people, sometimes including me.

How do you answer the awkward friend and family questions about when you plan on getting engaged? (You know...because that is something you can always decide. haha). 

People have been asking me when we're going to get married for 8 years, so I'm pretty numb to it at this point.  My go-to answer is "not today."
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options

Do you love or loathe the phrase "Engagement Season"? I don't have strong feelings about it one way or another. I've found that there are various "engagement seasons" throughout the year. Engagements seem to come in waves, even on here. There were about 3 or 4 engagements on NEY around Memorial Day, and the 2 last week as well. The big batches of engagements definitely happen year-round, not just Christmas. 

Do you love or loathe the engagement ring commercials and all of the craziness that come along with this time of year? I don't have cable :-P

How do you answer the awkward friend and family questions about when you plan on getting engaged? I always said, "Ask him!" or "Believe me, we'll let you know when it happens." 

Do you have anything else to add? I don't think multiple people getting engaged around the same time cheapens the romance of their proposals or takes away from the excitement of their engagements. If anything, this time of year especially, it just adds to the merriment of the season. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I don't really care. I think in my current stage of life it's pretty accurate though. I'm in my senior year at a "Ring by Spring" college, so people left and right are getting engaged. I think I know at least 5 who got engaged over Thanksgiving. I'm not looking forward to all the Christmas engagements that I'm sure will happen.

I'm fine with them most of the time, except when I'm with my parents. They sort of give me this weird look every time, like a cross between a "When is it going to happen?" and "Don't get engaged soon." They also seem to get uncomfortable, which in turn makes me uncomfortable. 

I have no problem when I'm with BF though. 

I just tell people that we are waiting until we are financially stable on our own. Seeing how we are both young and in college that seems to shut people up pretty well. Everyone seems to be waiting with baited breath though but know better than to ask again (as they get the same answer every time). 

Do you have anything else to add? 

It's getting harder and harder to sit and watch all of my friends get engaged. BF and I have a strong relationship and a timeline set up that we're both happy with, but it's hard not getting twinges of jealousy. I know us waiting is practical and for the best, but still. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

Do you love or loathe the phrase "Engagement Season"? Normally I would not care but as I am trying to convince myself that is not what is coming it makes it much harder.

Yes, same as above. All the ring commercials while watching football with the BF are making me BSC.

I tell his family (the only people that ask) to talk to him!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I feel like I should update my answer...We were watching tv yesterday, and literally every commercial break there was at least 1 ad for e-rings. I think I just didn't notice it before? It was kind of awkward actually!

• Options
    I actually had no idea there was such a thing! I got engaged last Christmas Eve and received diamond earrings to go with my ring. I had no idea it was a cliche thing to do haha :)

All of the e-ring commercials absolutely drive me nuts.

It wasn't fun because people are so nosy, so I would always tell them that it isn't up to me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards