Chit Chat
Options

What Is Making You Happy Right Now?

Been having a rough week so I need some goodness in my life.  Whenever things feel crappy, I try to come up with things that actually are making me happy so I stop being such a little cranky bitch.  So, here's mine:

1.  I get married in exactly 10 months from today.
2.  On Saturday I fly to California to spend a week with my family, haven't seen my brother and sis in law since March so that will be awesome!  (sad that my FI can't come out until the 24th but it's all good to be with my family for a bit)
3.  I get to see my future step kids tonight, haven't seen them other than on FaceTime in a week and I miss them so much!  So excited to get them for 5 days over New Years!
4.  Had to buy a bridesmaid dress for a friends wedding in May and it's actually really nice.
5.  My nails are kick ass right now

Re: What Is Making You Happy Right Now?

• Options

Our wedding is 4 months from tomorrow!  I've been kind of lazy about planning because we had a 16-month engagement, but now I'm starting to worry about details - ugh! 

Upcoming vacation makes me happy.  I hate this environment at work.  Happily because the company is giving us next Thursday AND Friday off, AND the following Thursday and Friday, I'm getting 11 days off in a row (counting weekends) and only using 3 days' worth of vacation time. 

• Options
    DH is amazing.  Cheer sucks this year and he's the only thing keeping me going at this point.  Oh, and it's Christmas.  We decorated the tree and watched Elf on Monday night.  And 3 more days of work till vacation!!!!!  But really, DH is the absolute best and he makes me feel better just by being in the room coming home from work/etc.  

• Options
    My sister's feeling better! Also, this is my last day of work before break. I'm sure in two weeks I'll return to a lot of BS, but that's okay. Two weeks off!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I am in love with your nails. 

We're going to see the tree tonight, and then going out to a nice dinner. 

On Friday, we're taking MIL to my parents' house in PA and staying the night. I'm so excited for my dad's home cooking. 

I may finally get my Christmas shopping done tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Knowing that DH's boss is closing the office from the 24th to the 1st has got me pretty stoked since I'm a teacher and I'll be off as well.  It'll be some much needed quality time with everything going on.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @climbingbrideNY thank you!  They are really easy to do with some nail vinyls, only took me about 45 mins start to finish (and that was with drying time in between!)

• Options
    H's dream last night is made me laugh so hard this morning and we're still discussing it now. Apparently we sold our house for way more than it was worth and moved to a space station that was run by Dick Cheney. Our house on the space station was exactly the same as the house we sold and we had to commute back to earth for work. Absolutely bizarre and hysterical. Plus I ordered him boxers last night from American Eagle that are covered in nuts and I giggle every time I see them. He's going to love them so I'm happy about that.
  • Options
    Yesterday - the brownies from the Visit Denver rep that were delivered to the office.
    Today - the cookies that a coworker brought into the office.
    Tomorrow - best be the chocolate covered potato chips from our AV rep that have usually been delivered by now.

God bless holiday treats from vendors!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Tonight is my last long work night for 2 and a half weeks. I'm working until 7 tonight but after that I get off at 12 tomorrow, 5 on Friday, 5 every night that we're open next week and the following week.

My aunt is coming into town this weekend for Christmas and I haven't seen her in sooo long, I'm super excited.

Congrats Lolo!! That's exciting!!
    Anniversary

• Options
    After Tuesday, I will be off work until January 12, and we leave for our honeymoon in 11 days!
  • Options
    I'm stressed as hell lately and dealing with a ton of work and family shit so this is good for me.

Stepson's therapy is starting to make a visible difference. He's still being a 15 year old boy but the recent issues seem to have just been a phase. Fingers are crossed but it seems like he's dealt with whatever he needed to address.

We got a new client at work yesterday. The contract will be signed by EOY and that means we might actually meet our goal for the year. This is our 3rd year and it could end up being the first year we don't lose money.

I'm excited to bake this weekend. I have to be careful about what I work on because I don't want it to get stale before Christmas but I have a bunch of recipes I want to try. There's a chance I might have time later in the week to do more baking.

I'm enjoying the Jack Daniels winter stuff that someone here mentioned a few weeks back. It's making my evenings happier.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Kick ass nails!!!! 

Well, I finally kicked my cold in the butt. FI and I took a couple of days off from work, and I got to relax and get better. And as much as I hated not being able to work out, I must say it was still nice to take a break from work, working out, etc. I'm back at work today and I feel awesome. Plus, apparently it is national maple syrup day, so my coworker and I are going to head out to get free grilled cheese sandwiches, and THAT is making me really happy!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    FI works Christmas day AGAIN this year (two years in a row. Grawr). So we had to let all the families know that we wouldn't be down to visit until a couple days after Christmas, and if the weather continues to suck we won't be down at all. So I've been pretty bummed.

Christmas is huge in my family. My parents do a massive open house Christmas eve and family and friends and my siblings friends and sometimes even friends parents come out over the course of the evening and eat tonnes of food and desserts and drinks and its pretty much the epitome of Christmas to me. Even as adults my siblings stay at my parents house that night and in the morning drink baileys and mimosa and eat copious amounts of bacon while opening presents. (i'm actually getting teary now that i'm missing this for the second year in a row)

So now on to the happy part of this story! Over the last week our doorbell has been constantly ringing. I swear everyday the postman shows up with another package. Last night I sat on the floor in the dark with just the Christmas tree lights on and just stared in awe at all the random packages from siblings and aunts and parents. To me Christmas is not about the presents, but to see them all under the tree and realize the effort my family and FI's family went to to make sure that we had stuff to open Christmas morning just makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world.
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    Kick ass nails!!!! 

Well, I finally kicked my cold in the butt. FI and I took a couple of days off from work, and I got to relax and get better. And as much as I hated not being able to work out, I must say it was still nice to take a break from work, working out, etc. I'm back at work today and I feel awesome. Plus, apparently it is national maple syrup day, so my coworker and I are going to head out to get free grilled cheese sandwiches, and THAT is making me really happy!
    Huh? What does maple syrup day have to do with free grilled cheese? Not that every holiday shouldn't be celebrated with free grilled cheese, but...?

• Options

For me, holiday dishes are making me happy.  Walnut fudge, homemade chex mix, eggnog moonshine, sausage balls....

Also, my new vehicle makes me happy right now... Driving really is a pleasure now.. haha

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    Kick ass nails!!!! 

Huh? What does maple syrup day have to do with free grilled cheese? Not that every holiday shouldn't be celebrated with free grilled cheese, but...?
    Haha I should have clarified - maple grilled cheese sandwiches. Along with other maple stuff. Essentially, heaven on a plate. Here's the link in case anyone local wants to stop by:

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Several things!

One maybe bittersweet thing: my students have just realized the hard way that talking through the first-year teacher's class is not how they're going to get to 10th grade. BUT this means things are going to turn around for them sometime soon.

Another thing: I got FI Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and a new pair of Sperry's for Christmas. He's going to LOVE them and I'm so excited that I'm making some (SOME) extra money now to actually buy for him. 

One more thing: One of my fellow teachers on 9th grade team is Jewish, and since she can't take off to celebrate Hanukkah with her family in Ohio, we're throwing a surprise Hanukkah party tonight! She thinks it's going to be a Christmas party... little does she know.

Finally... I get to go home for Christmas on Friday and see FI again! Long distance sucks, but it's a great feeling when you get to count down days and not weeks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    Kick ass nails!!!! 

WHERE IS THE MAGICAL FREE GRILLED CHEESE?????

• Options
    20th and 5th :) 12:30-1:30 and again 2:30-3:30.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I finally booked my plane ticket for NYE trip and ending up paying less than the tickets I'd priced a month ago. That never happens with my small airport I use! 
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    pinkcow13 said:
    Kick ass nails!!!! 

Haha I should have clarified - maple grilled cheese sandwiches. Along with other maple stuff. Essentially, heaven on a plate. Here's the link in case anyone local wants to stop by:

I'll be there in like... 9 hours...

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    20th and 5th :) 12:30-1:30 and again 2:30-3:30.
    Ugh i Used to work right over there.  I'm up in the 40s now damn it!  :-(  Just sent this to my FI though so maybe he will enjoy.  I'll just go get my pedicre at lunch

• Options
    I have coffee.

It's the little things in life. :)
  • Options

Everything is making me happy! Just a few days of work left until Christmas. Can't wait to be in the bed & breakfast for Christmas with the fireplace and hot tub and platter of cheese that I'll be bringing haha. Happy that my home renovations are 95% done and we can list it soon. Happy that we will start trying for a baby after the house is sold (and we buy a bigger one). Happy that my BFF is coming home for the holidays. Happy that I'm having a date night with a girlfriend tonight at a fancy steakhouse that DH never brings me to. Life is good.

@pinkcow13 Have you ever had maple ranch at a restaurant? I have and it was SO good. I made some at my house the other night with real Vermont syrup and it was fucking nasty. I don't know why it wasn't like the restaurant but I was so disappointed.

• Options
    laqueredlover I am really jealous of your nail game. I don't even want to do anything fancy with mine, I just want them to not look like a 5 year old did them and for it to stay put for more than 5 minutes.

I just took my last final. I didn't study because I only needed a 50% to get an A in the class. So I'm done with school until January. 

My last scheduled day is this Friday, so I just have to work 6 hour shifts tonight and Friday and then I'm done and then I'm going to hardcore relax with H. I haven't seen much of him this semester because we worked opposite schedules, I worked every weekend, etc. It sucked. 

I just got my clinical assignment for next semester. I'll be at the nursing home that's super close to home and it turns out I only need to be there 7:30-11, not all day like I thought. That's a relief because I was seriously considering doggy daycare.

I finally went and bought snow pants and boot liners and cleats so I'm all set for winter. 

So yeah, things are awesome atm. Oh and I'm reading The Walking Dead and I really like it. 
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:

Everything is making me happy! Just a few days of work left until Christmas. Can't wait to be in the bed & breakfast for Christmas with the fireplace and hot tub and platter of cheese that I'll be bringing haha. Happy that my home renovations are 95% done and we can list it soon. Happy that we will start trying for a baby after the house is sold (and we buy a bigger one). Happy that my BFF is coming home for the holidays. Happy that I'm having a date night with a girlfriend tonight at a fancy steakhouse that DH never brings me to. Life is good.

@pinkcow13 Have you ever had maple ranch at a restaurant? I have and it was SO good. I made some at my house the other night with real Vermont syrup and it was fucking nasty. I don't know why it wasn't like the restaurant but I was so disappointed.

I have not, but maple ranch sounds AMAZING. And now I want some of that, too.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    FiancB thanks!  Honestly it just takes practice.  When I look back at the beginning of my blog, it was awful haha.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards