Chit Chat
Options

Never drinking again

Or at least not until the weekend....

We had our company holiday party last night. We all drank a ton. I'm a terrible drinker and think I'm dying now. So far, this has been managed through vomiting and a greasy McDonald's breakfast. Now, my stomach hates me and I'm a bit dizzy. No headache (yet) but my brain is fried.

I'm in the office and feeling grateful that I don't have any meetings scheduled today.

What are your favorite hangover remedies?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Never drinking again

• Options
    I've only been hungover once. My solution was to go back to sleep. 
  • Options
    Going back to sleep usually does the trick for me. I used to be able to power through if I ate a big, greasy breakfast and drank a diet coke but even that fails me now. I can no longer handle anything more than two drinks (unless I'm eating a TON of food and drinking lots of water) without getting hungover and it sucks.
  • Options
    Definitely sleep, but since you are at work, that won't help! 

When I'm in the office, I try to lay low. I drink tons of water and ginger ale. If I have a pounding headache, I will take an Aleve. Unfortunately, in my case, my hangovers get worse as the day goes on. Sometimes I wake up really tired, and thirsty, but fine. By 3PM I am queasy, with a pounding headache, and zero energy. There's not much else to do but ride it out. Oh - get some Gatorade too, it will help replenish electrolytes!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options

I usually like a greasy breakfast- over easy eggs, bacon and french fries and Pepsi.

Advil & sleep.

Sucks that you have to work today! Feel better.

• Options
    novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    A vitamin packet, such as Emergen-C works wonders. When I was hungover a couple weekends ago and my stomach was super upset, it actually helped my stomach feel a little better as well as my head. 

Hot tea 
    Hair of the dog 
    Ginger ale with angostura bitters 
    Fried chicken 
    A nap 

Those are my go-to cures 

ETA: I'm sorry about the hangover. They really suck. I hope you feel better soon or at least get to curl up on your couch soon! 
  • Options
    In this order: (2 advil ever 4 hours)

Gatorade (I prefer yellow) and water.  

Grilled cheese and fries with a salad.  Then a diet coke.

More water.  

• Options
    I'm sorry love!

Chocolate milk normally makes me feel better (warning - not if you had excessive quantities of lemon drops). The protein-sugar combo is supposedly just right.

• Options
    If it's a moderate hangover, McDonalds Coke. If it's a bad one, 2% milk. I'm a skim kinda guy but 2% is great when I'm hungover. And ramen noodles. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    If you can get your hands on pedalyte, it's a god send. Faster than gatorade at replenishing electrolytes. 

My routine (for lack of a better term - hangovers are not routine for me.): At least 20-30oz of water before I go to bed drunk, food as well. Take 2 IBUPROFEN not tylenol/acetaminophen, your liver is already working hard enough to digest alcohol, don't add medicine to it. Sleep as much as you can.

After waking up, ibuprofen again, water/gatorade/pedalyte, food. Either crackers, greasy food etc. And back to bed if I can. But if I have to work, keeping things quiet helps and low lighting :)

Good luck!

• Options
    Going back to sleep usually does the trick for me. I used to be able to power through if I ate a big, greasy breakfast and drank a diet coke but even that fails me now. I can no longer handle anything more than two drinks (unless I'm eating a TON of food and drinking lots of water) without getting hungover and it sucks.
    I've got the same tolerance. Sadly, I ignored that while drinking at least 6 glasses of wine last night. Ugliness.

I wish I could go back to sleep! I was planning on sleeping late this morning and going in late but DH's schedule changed. The only way I could get a ride to the train was leaving at my usual time. I thought the world would be safer if I didn't drive. I'll leave early and go to bed early tonight though.
  • Options

I know this sounds awful, but if you can workout you will feel much better.

After almost every hangover, I try to workout and I literally sweat booze. You can feel the alcohol leaving your body. Its gross and amazing all at the same time.

My suggestion would be bikram yoga, a ton of water, followed by a huge nap.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Greasy cheeseburger and fries. Ice pack on my head. Crapton of advil.

Oh, and sleeping all day. Best thing ever.

Speaking of, I need to make red and green jello shots...
  • Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    ...McDonald's

lol!!! You'll feel better soon!

I like heavy, greasy food or lots of bread and maybe a hair of the dog that bit me. 

Chug water. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Ugh that sucks. I swear, the older I get the worse hangovers get. In college I NEVER had hangovers and now out of nowhere I'll get them even after only a couple of drinks. Usually my best solution now is to drink tons of water before bed and try to throw up if I feel it's necessary. Obviously it's too late for that so now my solution usually goes:

Wake up and drink a big glass of water.

Drink more water.

Barf.

Drink some more water.

Repeat step 3 if necessary.

Drink water and consume some carbs.

I dunno, emptying my stomach of everything always seems to help the best with wine hangovers. Those are the ones that make me the most dizzy and nauseated.

• Options
    Coconut water and greasy breakfast foods.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    These are good ideas.

I wish we had a drugstore near the office. Without a car, my options are limited. I'm currently waiting for coworkers to show up with painkillers (boss has a pharmacy with her) and I'm drinking diet coke with a Gatorade waiting for me. Hopefully that will help.

This is why it pays to drink regularly. I rarely drink anymore and only get hangovers every year or two. It makes it far too easy to forget about hangovers when they're such a rarity.
  • Options
    Sleep, a ton of water, and then a grilled cheese sandwich and fries. 

• Options
    Pickle juice! I have no idea how, but it works. My friend told me about this recently, and I swear, it worked. 
    Being hungover is the worst. I hope you're feeling better soon! 
  • Options
    KatWAG said:

After almost every hangover, I try to workout and I literally sweat booze. You can feel the alcohol leaving your body. Its gross and amazing all at the same time.

H does this. He can drink his weight in alcohol, wake up at 5 am, work out and completely avoids the effects of a hangover. The last thing I can even think about when I'm hungover is working out but it works for him. Sweats out all the booze.
  • Options
    If you wake up drunk, keep drinking. Can't get a hangover if you never sober up!

• Options
    These are good ideas.

I wish we had a drugstore near the office. Without a car, my options are limited. I'm currently waiting for coworkers to show up with painkillers (boss has a pharmacy with her) and I'm drinking diet coke with a Gatorade waiting for me. Hopefully that will help.

This is why it pays to drink regularly. I rarely drink anymore and only get hangovers every year or two. It makes it far too easy to forget about hangovers when they're such a rarity.
    The bolded is why I liked this post.

• Options
    KatWAG said:

H does this. He can drink his weight in alcohol, wake up at 5 am, work out and completely avoids the effects of a hangover. The last thing I can even think about when I'm hungover is working out but it works for him. Sweats out all the booze.
    It is awful. But it works. And then afterwards I swear the nap might be better than sex. might be.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My office party is tonight. . .  I need to alternate between water and wine to prevent disaster.  I'm getting much better with that as I get older.  

The emergenC is a great idea, I have never thought to do that!  I'll have one at the ready tomorrow just in case.

My go to when we are out at the bar or club late is something at my friend's diner call "The Gizmo."  It's a grilled cheese and bacon on a plain bagel with a side of fries and brown gravy.  AMAZING!  

If things are rough in the morning, egg sandwich and fountain coke, not pepsi, all the way!
  • Options
    Now days I feel like if I drink too much I get is all day hangovers, it's awful. I find that drinking a ton of water, a Pepsi and taking ibuprofen will at least curb the sick feeling. Otherwise all I can do is sleep most the day. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards