Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

What's your favorite...

Since fall is here and winter is on its way...

1. Whats your favorite holiday brew (lots of yuumy beers this time of year)?
2.Whats your favorite pie?
3.Fried turkey or oven turkey?
4.Hot chocolate or Apple Ciider?

*Rafs Girl* Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What's your favorite...

• Options
    1. I always drink the same beers.  I have a couple domestics I like and a couple imports.  Stella and Red Stripe are my fav imports. 
    2. Sugar pie
    3. Never had fried.
    4. Coffee baileys.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    1. Whats your favorite holiday brew (lots of yuumy beers this time of year)?  I don't like beer.

2.Whats your favorite pie?  pumpkin, hands down

3.Fried turkey or oven turkey?  I've never had fried.

4.Hot chocolate or Apple Ciider?  Hot apple cider rocks my socks.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    1. Whats your favorite holiday brew (lots of yuumy beers this time of year)?  I typically love all the Sam Adams seasonals
    2.Whats your favorite pie?  Apple Crisp
    3.Fried turkey or oven turkey?  Oven - ALWAYS.
    4.Hot chocolate or Apple Ciider?  Hot chocolate
  • Options
    Abita Strawberry. They only make it in the spring and it's ah-mazing. I don't really like any of the fall/Christmas brews.
    Strawberry! With a whipped cream top instead of a crust top.
    Fried turkey. That's always the way my family did it and it reminds me of good times.
    I love both, but I only drink apple cider in the fall. Hot chocolate is good any time of year.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    1. Whats your favorite holiday brew (lots of yuumy beers this time of year)? None, I like mulled wine.
    2.Whats your favorite pie? Pumpkin of course. And I like pumpkin cheescake
    3.Fried turkey or oven turkey? Oven, I've never had fried.
    4.Hot chocolate or Apple Ciider? Both.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-favorite-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1200483-0ca0-48fb-b9be-57eefd04f648Post:0caaca1e-5914-4f8c-bd6f-094f2b0f042f">Re: What's your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. Whats your favorite holiday brew (lots of yuumy beers this time of year)? Abita Strawberry. They only make it in the spring and it's ah-mazing. I don't really like any of the fall/Christmas brews. 2.<strong>Whats your favorite pie? Strawberry! With a whipped cream top instead of a crust top. </strong>3.Fried turkey or oven turkey? Fried turkey. That's always the way my family did it and it reminds me of good times. 4.Hot chocolate or Apple Ciider? I love both, but I only drink apple cider in the fall. Hot chocolate is good any time of year.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

I've never had strawberry pie! I now feel cheated because I am sure I would love it. I love strawberry anything.
  • Options

Mulled wine - I'm sure you meant beer but I don't drink much beer.  I do however LOVE mulled wine in the fall and winter

2.Whats your favorite pie?  pecan

3.Fried turkey or oven turkey?  Eh, either is fine.  I only take a little turkey to be polite, and I load up on all the side dishes, they're the best part of Thanksgiving to me.

4.Hot chocolate or Apple Cider?  lately hot chocolate with marshmallows
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. Whats your favorite holiday brew (lots of yuumy beers this time of year)? not a beer drinker at all

2.Whats your favorite pie? Apple struesel with carmel on top

3.Fried turkey or oven turkey? We usually do oven, but I have heard fried is delicious and I would love to try it sometime

4.Hot chocolate or Apple Ciider? Hot chocolate all the way
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    No no, mulled wine def counts. I love it too. I just put the beer comment in because it seems like they come out with different beers this time of year than usual.
  • Options
    1. Whats your favorite holiday brew (lots of yuumy beers this time of year)? I don't like beer, so I'm going to say apple cider.

2.Whats your favorite pie? homemade pumpkin pie

3.Fried turkey or oven turkey? We always have both at our holiday festivities ha ha.  I love the fried!

4.Hot chocolate or Apple Cider? see question number 1.  And I don't like hot chocolate at all.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    LC, does your family partake in turducken (sp)?  I have a friend who is originally from Louisiana and she says everyone has one on holidays up there. Her family actually special orders one every year here, so I was just curious.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    1. Whats your favorite holiday brew (lots of yuumy beers this time of year)? I don't drink seasonal beer usually.
    2.Whats your favorite pie?  Pumpkin
    3.Fried turkey or oven turkey? Never had fried
    4.Hot chocolate or Apple Ciider? Hot Chocolate
  • Options
    Did you know that if you put a frozen turkey in a deep fryer it will totally explode? I'm not talking about funny explosion, I'm talking about burn your house and the neighbor's house down explosion.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-favorite-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1200483-0ca0-48fb-b9be-57eefd04f648Post:11194c6a-569e-445a-a986-a00b54900414">What's your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since fall is here and winter is on its way...
    1. Whats your favorite holiday brew (lots of yuumy beers this time of year)? <strong>Schlafly Pumpkin Brew</strong>
    2.Whats your favorite pie? <strong>Pumpkin</strong>
    3.Fried turkey or oven turkey?<strong>never had fried turkey</strong>
     4.Hot chocolate or Apple Ciider? <strong>I like both, so it depends on my mood</strong>
    Posted by texagj[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-favorite-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1200483-0ca0-48fb-b9be-57eefd04f648Post:9bebfefb-a10d-49d8-88e5-b0aeda51c30f">Re: What's your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]LC, does your family partake in turducken (sp)?  I have a friend who is originally from Louisiana and she says everyone has one on holidays up there. Her family actually special orders one every year here, so I was just curious.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]
    Yes ma'am we do :) It's awesome. We usually get them for Christmas and not Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-favorite-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1200483-0ca0-48fb-b9be-57eefd04f648Post:b82b0904-bfc9-43b7-b966-07401f7f9894">Re: What's your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tex, I fixed it in my OP. I hate links!!
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

Lol. Yeah I noticed after I posted. I should have known you would fix it on your own :D
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-favorite-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1200483-0ca0-48fb-b9be-57eefd04f648Post:521ad0fb-3965-4c72-a5a7-98ed685a319a">Re: What's your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE] 2.Whats your favorite pie? French Silk.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

That's my favorite at Thanksgiving at my H's uncle's house!  They always get all the pies from Bakers Square.  Last year, my birthday was on Thanksgiving, so I got candles in a French Silk pie.  Yummy!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not a beer drinker.

Apple.

Oven turkey with dressing.  Mmm.

How about apple juice?  Not a fan of cider and I don't like hot chocolate.

imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-favorite-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1200483-0ca0-48fb-b9be-57eefd04f648Post:63710452-5ea9-4965-8dfd-59e5b678980b">Re: What's your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's your favorite... : Yeah the combination of a turkey, duck, and a hen sounds really weird, but I swear it's one of the best things I've ever had. I'm sure lots of people get them for both, it's just a family thing to get them at Christmas.

OMG, I don't really want to admit this, but I was just typing that I always thought the "en" came from chicken and was surprised that it was actually a hen.  :::facepalm::: I need to go to sleep, I think.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    1 - hot spiced Apple wine sangria

2 - anything that doesn't have meringue

3 - both

4 - white hot chocolate OR hot spiced cider.  They're equal.  But not regular hot chocolate.  It's just not the same.

DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-favorite-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1200483-0ca0-48fb-b9be-57eefd04f648Post:9d81cecf-8e9b-42a7-bcc8-1b7c025d4038">Re: What's your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's your favorite... : OMG, I don't really want to admit this, but I was just typing that <strong>I always thought the "en" came from chicken and was surprised that it was actually a hen.  </strong>:::facepalm::: I need to go to sleep, I think.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

I actually thought this too :(
  • Options
    I don't like beer haha.

hot apple pie with ice cream

oven roasted definitely

hot chocolate! or coffee is good too :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

1. Whats your favorite holiday brew (lots of yuumy beers this time of year)? Does it have to be beer?  I hate beer.  I do love me some mulled wine though!
    2.Whats your favorite pie? Hmm... Apple.
    3.Fried turkey or oven turkey? Oven.
    4.Hot chocolate or Apple Ciider? I haven't seen apple cider here, but if I did, I'd buy it and warm it with some spice.  Nom.  Otherwise, I'm totally cool with hot chocolate too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-favorite-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1200483-0ca0-48fb-b9be-57eefd04f648Post:96315fdb-aa56-409d-97a7-f8f85cc62daa">Re: What's your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]A hen is a chicken.

::headdesk::
  • Options
    That was in response to Wrkn who said she thought turduckhens had chicken in them :/
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-favorite-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1200483-0ca0-48fb-b9be-57eefd04f648Post:32c5cc16-0aa1-47ef-9482-040f118c5bff">Re: What's your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]That was in response to Wrkn who said she thought turduckhens had chicken in them :/

I REALLY want to cover my ass and say I was being silly.  But in reality, I just had the most embarassing blonde moment of my life.

I grew up on a farm.  I know better.  I think I'm going to go hit my head against the wall now...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    tidetraveltidetravel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-favorite-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1200483-0ca0-48fb-b9be-57eefd04f648Post:11194c6a-569e-445a-a986-a00b54900414">What's your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since fall is here and winter is on its way... 1. Whats your favorite holiday brew (lots of yuumy beers this time of year)? 2.Whats your favorite pie? 3.Fried turkey or oven turkey? 4.Hot chocolate or Apple Ciider?
    Posted by texagj[/QUOTE]

1)  Blue Moon, regardless of the season
    2)  Pecan
    3)  Oven Turkey
    4)  Apple Cider

And, now I'm hungry.  ::shakes fist::  Darn you!
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1. It's not really a "holiday beer" but Young's Double Chocolate Stout is my favorite beer to drink in the fall/winter
    2.Pumpkin
    3.I've never had fried, so I'm going to say oven.
    4.Apple Cider
  • Options
    1. Whats your favorite holiday brew (lots of yuumy beers this time of year)?  Spaten makes a nice OktoberfestI also like a good unpasteurized apple cider.
    2.Whats your favorite pie?  Apple
    3.Fried turkey or oven turkey?  Oven (I've never had fried)
    4.Hot chocolate or Apple Ciider?  I don't like my cider hot (love it cold, though - see above), so I don't really compare the two.  So, hot chocolate is my go-to warm beverage.
    048C2A9Jessica-Ahrens-photogra-2280385165-O_zps1ad80309-1_zps1e997449 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-favorite-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1200483-0ca0-48fb-b9be-57eefd04f648Post:2aa79dab-9973-40b4-9146-002cb14479e4">Re: What's your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. Whats your favorite holiday brew (lots of yuumy beers this time of year)? Blue Moon's Harvest Moon or <strong>New Belgium's Frambozen</strong> 2.Whats your favorite pie?  Pecan 3.Fried turkey or oven turkey?  Mmmm, turkey, either way 4.Hot chocolate or Apple Ciider?  Apple Cider
    Posted by direy25[/QUOTE]

What???  I had to Google this, because I love all the New Belgium beers, but I've never seen this one before. It sounds so effing good!!! I really hope this comes to MN this year...

1. Whats your favorite holiday brew (lots of yuumy beers this time of year)?<strong>  Leinenkugel's used to make a really good Apple Spice beer in the fall, but not anymore. I has a sad.</strong>
    2.Whats your favorite pie?  <strong>strawberry rhubarb, hot, w/vanilla ice cream on top. Om nom nom!</strong>
    3.Fried turkey or oven turkey?  <strong>both are good, I guess. I'll say oven though.</strong>
    4.Hot chocolate or Apple Ciider?  <strong>Both are good, but I'll say apple cider, because it's good cold as well. And because I really like the packets of sugar free cider I get sometimes.</strong>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards