Chit Chat
Options

Spinoff: craziest dating disasters?

Re: Spinoff: craziest dating disasters?

• Options
    I was ambushed by a double date in college. My friend's boyfriend's friend had a huge crush on me so they all decided that he and I just HAD to be together (because wouldn't that just be so fun for the four of us to hang out?!), even though the one time I met him it was super awkward and we clearly had nothing in common. 

My friend knew I wouldn't agree to a date with him so she asked me to go to dinner with HER and once I got there, I realized what was really going on and I was pissed. The guy was trying to impress me so he ordered a really expensive steak and an expensive glass of red wine. I was super broke so I ordered pasta and a glass of water. 

The bill comes and this guy had seriously forgotten his wallet. My friend's boyfriend was quick to tell the waitress that the guy and I were together because everyone was STILL trying to push the date thing on me, even though I was clearly not happy about it. So when the guy realized he didn't have his wallet, I just glared at my friend's boyfriend thinking "YOU tricked me into this, YOU should fucking pay for him, asshole!" But I didn't want to make a scene or whatever (and I actually felt kind of bad for the guy cuz he seemed horribly embarrassed), so I very sadly put my card down, knowing my account would be over-drawn. 

As soon as I got home I had to call my dad and tell him what happened, and then beg him to put money in my account so I didn't get a huge over-draft fee and I would pay him back as soon as I got my next paycheck. Ugh. It really sucked. The guy tried asking me out again to make up for it, but I told him it wasn't necessary and then avoided him from then on. 
  • Options
    Fran1985 Fran1985 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014

So it wasn't a full on official date, but in college my friend and I went into the city to meet up with her sort of family friend that she thought I would like. She knew him but not very well. He was about 7 years older and was with 2 of his friends. So at the end of dinner and drinks he picks up the entire tab, and makes sure that people know that it was over 1k. He was ok looking and not like terrible- he liked me but didnt put any weird pressure on me and he was asking me a lot of questions about my interests, etc, but he was obnoxious about money and about who he knew- he was telling me about his client who was a presidential candidate and I wasn't interested in him at all- at the end of the night I told him I wasn't interested. Not one month later he gets arrested for fraud and for falsely practicing law.  My friend and I joked a lot that I couldve been the wife to a white collar criminal and prob had my own show.

ETA I realized I didn't add that I wasn't interested

• Options
    So it wasn't a full on official date, but in college my friend and I went into the city to meet up with her sort of family friend that she thought I would like. She knew him but not very well. He was about 7 years older and was with 2 of his friends. So at the end of dinner and drinks he picks up the entire tab, and makes sure that people know that it was over 1k. He was ok looking and not like terrible- he liked me but didnt put any weird pressure on me and he was asking me a lot of questions about my interests, etc, but he was obnoxious about money and about who he knew- he was telling me about his client who was a presidential candidate. Not one month later he gets arrested for fraud and for falsely practicing law.  My friend and I joked a lot that I couldve been the wife to a white collar criminal and prob had my own show.
    That is kind of hilarious! And the money thing is just obnoxious. My parents' friends' son was interested in me for a while and tried to use his money to impress everyone. I ran into him at a crowded bar and made a comment about how I'd been waiting for a drink forever and felt like the bartender was ignoring me. Dude took a $100 bill out of his pocket and waved it at the bartender like "Watch me get this guy to come running!" and the bartender ignored him lol. 
  • Options
    HOLY.SHIT. (referencing novella 's story). That is one of the most fucked up date stories I've ever heard! Glad you told him to stop contacting you!

I don't have any crazy date stories. I have an asshole ex story but we'll leave that to another day. I'll just continue reading this thread in horror/amazement.

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    I don't have any stories like you ladies! Mine is pretty tame. This is all about one guy, we'll call him dbag.

On one of our first dates, we went to a $1.50 movie theater. He had this huge bag of change in his car, but when we got to the theater he told me I had to pay for myself because he was saving money.

I'm all for going dutch on dates, but the way he worded made me realize he was just being cheap... I should have known right then and there that it wouldn't work out, but I never listen to my instincts.

On Valentine's day we went out to eat, and of course the restaurant is super busy, all the waiters are working their asses off. Well the waiter recommended a dish to dbag, and dbag ended up not liking it, so he tipped the waiter $1. A DOLLAR! And dbag made me pay him for my cocktail, so I had no cash to give the waiter for a bigger tip. I was so embarrassed.

We ended up dating for over a year, but near the end of the relationship, he went to Australia for 9 months without telling me (he told me it was a couple weeks, but his sister broke the truth to me). I ended the relationship when his friend told me he was cheating on me in Australia.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    behsco90 said:
    I don't have any stories like you ladies! Mine is pretty tame. This is all about one guy, we'll call him dbag. On one of our first dates, we went to a $1.50 movie theater. He had this huge bag of change in his car, but when we got to the theater he told me I had to pay for myself because he was saving money. I'm all for going dutch on dates, but the way he worded made me realize he was just being cheap... I should have known right then and there that it wouldn't work out, but I never listen to my instincts. On Valentine's day we went out to eat, and of course the restaurant is super busy, all the waiters are working their asses off. Well the waiter recommended a dish to dbag, and dbag ended up not liking it, so he tipped the waiter $1. A DOLLAR! And dbag made me pay him for my cocktail, so I had no cash to give the waiter for a bigger tip. I was so embarrassed. We ended up dating for over a year, but near the end of the relationship, he went to Australia for 9 months without telling me (he told me it was a couple weeks, but his sister broke the truth to me). I ended the relationship when his friend told me he was cheating on me in Australia.
    The bolded just made me laugh out loud. What an idiot! But the rest of that is awful. Dbag for sure! 
  • Options
    I was single for a long time so unfortunately I have a few of these...

I lived with a bunch of guys right after college.  One of their friends invited me to his company's superformal holiday party.  He came over to pick me up and as soon as we were out of earshot of my roommates told me we were taking the subway to the party.  High heels, freezing outside.

The guy who started crying about 45 minutes into our date after I told him I didn't think we were a good fit.

Was talking on the phone with a guy I'd gone out with a couple of times and his WIFE grabbed the the phone from him and started yelling at me in the middle of our conversation.  [Needless to say, had no idea he was married until that moment]

The guy who complained I didn't have matching lingerie when I undressed for him the first time.  [No sex after that comment] 

Nothing horrible - some nice guys I didn't click with in between - but so happy and *relieved* that FI and I found each other!

• Options
    My first boyfriend and I are very good friends. Like best friends. H is also in the same group of friends and when he and I started dating (by dating, I mean sleeping together), friend was not pleased. So we were not official and kind of a secret for a while.

Through my other group of friends at the time, I met this guy, let's call him LD (for little dick - you'll see). He's 9 years older than me - which is a big deal at 19. He drove this giant truck, lived with his parents and was a pot dealer. He was fun as a friend but I was not attracted to him AT ALL. Apparently he has a crush on me and was always trying to hang out with me without other friends. When my now husband wanted to stop seeing me because of our friend, I agreed to go on a date with LD because he was so persistent. It was super awkward but okay since I'd been friends with him for a few months. 

When we get back to his house (looking back I shouldn't have gone inside but I'd been in his house just hanging out before), he makes it so the only place I have to sit is his bed. And then he tries to like, playfully wrestle around with me and puts my hand on the tiniest poor little boner I'd ever felt. I was not prepared for that and made a really gross face and pulled my hand away. I got out of there as quickly as I could.

A few days later I finally break down and tell him that he's barking up the wrong tree. Well, dude keeps barking. It got really awkward and most of our friends kept trying to get me to be alone with him. My friend made him godfather of her kid because I was godmother and it would "be cute". Um. No. 

So now H and I get back together (obviously) and I tell LD. Dude CRIES and tells me he loves me. CRIES. It was weird as fuck and I ignored his calls and texts after that. I saw him a few times with friends but he finally left me alone. H and I saw him at a store like 2 years later and he asks me if "this was the guy". I barely remembered what he was talking about but said yeah...he turned and walked away all mad. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I met a guy on POF (plenty of fish) and we went out on one date, it wasn't bad. Second date, I met him at his house (Made sure that my phone was in a safe place in my car in case something happened to me at least they'd know of my last whereabouts and then I had my work phone with me for my friend to call for an emergency to get me out of there. Be smart ladies!)

Anyways, he mentioned "I'm heading up to Minneapolis for a Vikings/Bears game (this is also when I found out he's a VIKINGS FAN. See the UO post for my thoughts on that.) Do you want me to bring you anything back?" "No no, that's quite alright. Enjoy yourself. I'll talk to you sometime after you get back." I wasn't feeling any chemistry and we hadn't kissed so I just called it good that night. I was going to tell him nothing was going on after he got back and called me/texted me. I definitely wasn't reaching out to him. 

So the night he drove home from the game, I was in the shower or cooking dinner or something. My phone was not with me. It was somewhere else and I didn't hear the texts. Oh. The horror of these texts. 

"Hey, I'm on my way home! Wanna hang out tonight?"
    "Um, I really want to see you. Text me."
    "Hey, if you don't want to see me anymore, you don't have to be a cunt about it."
    "Fine then you bitch! I don't want to see you either. I'll just throw away your gift!"

I get these messages like 30mins after the conclusion. I texted him "I'm sorry, I was away from my phone. But looks like you've ended this sufficiently on your own. Have a good one." 

"No! I didn't mean it. I mean, I thought you were blowing me off! I want to see you tonight!"
    "So what? That's just it?"
    "Fuck you."

CRAZY.
    Um.. that's kind of creepy. Split personality, much? I feel like he'd be the main character in an after school special about NOT dating crazies. 
  • Options
    I met a guy on POF (plenty of fish) and we went out on one date, it wasn't bad. Second date, I met him at his house (Made sure that my phone was in a safe place in my car in case something happened to me at least they'd know of my last whereabouts and then I had my work phone with me for my friend to call for an emergency to get me out of there. Be smart ladies!)

Anyways, he mentioned "I'm heading up to Minneapolis for a Vikings/Bears game (this is also when I found out he's a VIKINGS FAN. See the UO post for my thoughts on that.) Do you want me to bring you anything back?" "No no, that's quite alright. Enjoy yourself. I'll talk to you sometime after you get back." I wasn't feeling any chemistry and we hadn't kissed so I just called it good that night. I was going to tell him nothing was going on after he got back and called me/texted me. I definitely wasn't reaching out to him. 

So the night he drove home from the game, I was in the shower or cooking dinner or something. My phone was not with me. It was somewhere else and I didn't hear the texts. Oh. The horror of these texts. 

"Hey, if you don't want to see me anymore, you don't have to be a cunt about it."
    "Fine then you bitch! I don't want to see you either. I'll just throw away your gift!"

I get these messages like 30mins after the conclusion. I texted him "I'm sorry, I was away from my phone. But looks like you've ended this sufficiently on your own. Have a good one." 

"No! I didn't mean it. I mean, I thought you were blowing me off! I want to see you tonight!"
    "Fuck you."

CRAZY.

Jesus what a crazy person!!

I have one that makes me sound really shallow, but hear me out. I too did my stint of online dating (and that's how I met FI). This one guy had been messaging me, and I could tell from his pics that he was overweight. Totally not an issue for me, I'm overweight and I love big guys. I'm more into how you carry yourself. However, I'm very tall so I'm insecure about dating guys that are shorter than me because I feel like a giant whale next to them.

Homie shows up at my house to pick me up, and I was currently living with my parents because it was the summer before I moved to college. He's a good 5 inches shorter than me, and very sloppy dressed. Like someone who is very overweight but isn't aware of how to dress appropritately given their size. I'm not attracted to him, but I'm like whatever maybe this will be fun anyway.

He takes me dinner at this little small town restaurant and insists on holding my hand as soon as we get out of his vehicle. I don't like to be touched by strangers and his hands are floppy and weird. Gross.

We get to dinner and he spends the entire time telling me what a badass he is and how he spends all his time at one of the local college bars in town because it's such the coolest place ever and this one time he "kicked this guy's ass" for looking at his female friend the wrong way. Oh dude, I'm so impressed. The plan was to go back to his house and watch movies after we ate but I was like 'negative.' So I ducked into the bathroom and had my friend call me back 10 minutes later and fake an emergency so he had to take me back home.

On the way home, he grabs my hand again and looks at me with this big grin and nods his head at me, as if saying, "This is going to be awesome." And then he lets out this GIANT sneeze that sounds like, "AHCHUAHHHHHHH" and I almost have a heart attack. He tries to grab my hand again but I put it in my lap. As soon as we get into my driveway he leans over and I jump out of his vehicle ASAP. I thank him for a lovely evening and then shut the door. I texted him the next day and told him that me and my ex (who was made up) had gotten back together =/

Anniversary

• Options
    Wow. I dated a fair amount of guys, but none of them at their worse could compete with some of these stories. 

I dated a guy that was a guard at the local jail. We only went out 4 or 5 times and I was dating another guy in town at the same time, they both knew we weren't exclusive. Well the guard started calling up to the bar when I was there and calling the other guy's house (it was all a small town and I was the only non-local), telling everyone he was my boyfriend and threatening them. Needless to say I stopped hanging around him after that. He found another girl to control pretty quickly so that ended quietly.

Other than that, the only other unfortunate dating story was my last long-term ex before FI. I've talked about him in another thread before. He was a couple years younger than me, which was a rarity for me. He charmed me and shared the same interests so I figured why not. Well he was a huge one-upper, came from money, and basically thought that he could buy my love. 

The first time I tried to break up with him, he threatened to kill himself so I called his mother because I didn't know what else to do. The second time I told him I just needed a break and went to spend the weekend with a friend. He couldn't go 4 hours before texting me. It got to the point where I used to pretend that I had homework or laundry to do just so I could go home and relax by myself. When I finally ended it for good, he told me I would never find someone that could buy me the things he could. I laughed and hung up. He spent the next few months "dropping by" to tell me how miserable he was. When I started dating someone shortly after we broke up, he would drive by my house and send me texts telling me I was a whore if he saw my bf's truck outside. He too later met another girl and eventually stopped texting me (after telling me every few weeks that he would leave her for me if I wanted him to).

FI is everything all these other boys never were. I never find myself needing space from him and love every moment I get to spend with him. If I recall correctly, on our first date he paid, but I paid on our second. Even though it's pretty much all "our" money now, we still take turns paying when we go out. He sees me as an equal and it's wonderful.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ok this one is really embarrassing. FI and I lived in different cities when we first started dating so we would drive back and forth to see each other. I think the third (?) time we ever hung out, I drove down to see him. He and his best friend were still renting a house together (about to move out that summer) because they were both finishing college, and we would all just drink a lot. 

We played some drinking game that got rowdy and I ended up drinking a LOT of vodka. Then we started making pasta for dinner and thought we were fancy, so we started drinking red wine. I never ever ever ever get sick when I drink, but something about the combination was bad for me. 

FI put on a movie I'd been wanting to watch and I went to the bathroom really quick. As soon as I walked in there, I suddenly got the spins really bad and -- since I was standing next to the sink-- I threw up into the sink. I felt so exhausted all of a sudden and so embarrassed that I didn't say a word to FI, I just walked right past him, went into his room, and curled up in his bed. He went into the bathroom and immediately saw a big sink full of puke. Apparently they'd been having trouble with the sink drain, so it wasn't really draining at all. So then FI had to clean my puke out of it. 

I felt so awful when he told me this, and even more embarrassed. I'm pretty sure I started crying. But for whatever reason, he kept wanting to date me. I don't know why. But lucky me! 
  • Options

"Fuck you."

CRAZY.
    Um.. that's kind of creepy. Split personality, much? I feel like he'd be the main character in an after school special about NOT dating crazies. 
    Ewwwww.  It's like a more modern version of the scene in Swingers where Mikey keeps leaving voicemails for the girl he just met that night. 
  • Options
    Went out with a guy I met on OKCupid I think, whose idea of a date was me watching him play in a hockey. I had to sit with three of his friends. They were nice enough people, but I hate being forced to interact with strangers without being prepared for it. . Then he shoved my head into his hockey bag after the game, and we went to IHOP with those friends. Stupidly I agreed to a second date, but he stood me up and then acted surprised when I didn't want to see him after that. 

In my experience, OKCupid was way worse than Plenty of Fish. Nobody on PoF called me a filthy whore piece of trash. Or wanted to suck my toes. Mostly just a bunch of 45+ dudes wanting to date a 22 year old and guys who thought all women wanted were nice houses and fancy cars and forgot to work on their personality, or had no interests beyond "hanging out". 
  • Options
    Oh I forgot about something else. It's not so much a dating disaster as a post-dating disaster. My first real boyfriend was in 10th grade. He was awesome and we were in love and things were great, until my dad got a job several states away and we moved. We kept in touch for a few months, but we were young and it didn't last. 

So life went on and probably 6 years later he finds me on MySpace (it was 2005ish, bear with me). We message back and forth several times, talk on the phone until all hours of the night, and reconnect pretty smoothly. He was still living and working in VA and I was at school in GA, so he decides that he's going to take vacation and drive down to visit me for a week. The day he tells me this, we hang up the phone and I go to class. As I'm walking in the building, my phone rings. It was his WIFE. His pregnant WIFE. She found out we were talking and called to tell me what a horrible person I was. I told her I didn't know he was married and she told me all about how she was at home on bed rest and discovered all these messages between her husband and I. I never spoke to him again.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ok this one is really embarrassing. FI and I lived in different cities when we first started dating so we would drive back and forth to see each other. I think the third (?) time we ever hung out, I drove down to see him. He and his best friend were still renting a house together (about to move out that summer) because they were both finishing college, and we would all just drink a lot. 

We played some drinking game that got rowdy and I ended up drinking a LOT of vodka. Then we started making pasta for dinner and thought we were fancy, so we started drinking red wine. I never ever ever ever get sick when I drink, but something about the combination was bad for me. 

FI put on a movie I'd been wanting to watch and I went to the bathroom really quick. As soon as I walked in there, I suddenly got the spins really bad and -- since I was standing next to the sink-- I threw up into the sink. I felt so exhausted all of a sudden and so embarrassed that I didn't say a word to FI, I just walked right past him, went into his room, and curled up in his bed. He went into the bathroom and immediately saw a big sink full of puke. Apparently they'd been having trouble with the sink drain, so it wasn't really draining at all. So then FI had to clean my puke out of it. 

I felt so awful when he told me this, and even more embarrassed. I'm pretty sure I started crying. But for whatever reason, he kept wanting to date me. I don't know why. But lucky me! 
    Aaaah true love.  Most of us have been sick in someone else's bathroom after too much alcohol.  He obviously knew a good one when he saw one :)  And is empathetic and compassionate not to be turned off by trivial stuff.
  • Options

I once had a guy I had been dating for a couple months tell me he just wasn't that into me...while I was going down on him.

And the award for the worst fucking timing EVER goes to: 

• Options
    These are great- in a sad way... I don't have girl friends I talk to about stuff like this so it's good to know I just didn't find all the losers on the planet.

So glad I have my fiancé!
  • Options

I had a few bad ones right before meeting my fiance.  I had been in a 5 year relationship that I will call abusive now that I can look back on it w/ proper perspective.  I waited a year after that break up before signing up on Match; I'd had an okay experience in my early 20's and assumed that guys would be even more mature in their early 30s (ha ha ha ha ha!).

I'll be honest, I couldn't decide if I was going to do a lot of "pre-screening" before dates or just go on the dates and see where things led. 

So the first guy I went on a date with in over 6 years was AWFUL (no pre-screening, just 1-2 messages to set up a time and location).  I noticed he was rushing me through our dinner.  He tried to order for me, didn't even ask me if I wanted an appetizer, just said no when the waiter asked us if we wanted one (NBD, I didn't, but still) and it was just weird. 

Time comes to pay and I ask if I can pick up any of the tab, leave a tip, whatever.  Guy says no, hands the waiter the folder and then my date looks at me and says, "now you have to have sex with me."  I waited thinking there was some really bad punch line, but he was COMPLETELY serious. 

I thought shit like that only happens in movies and TV.  I try to make a joke out of it and politely say no at the same time, but he keeps pushing and pushing and pushing.  We took separate cars and I was freaking out because he was following me to mine in the parking lot and I thought I wouldn't get away.  When I finally started jogging he stopped and I managed to get to my car.

He texted me as I was driving away and said that if I wasn't prepared to fuck that I shouldn't be on a dating site.  Well, this is a dating site, not a hook up site, so-o....  yeah, worst first date ever to get back into the dating saddle with.  I cried on my way home but decided he was a douche and I felt better a few hours later.

WTF?! I would have cried on my way home too. What a total nightmare. I want to find that guy and punch him in the face for you, and for any other woman he did that to. You don't treat your dates like they're hookers! And even hookers deserve more respect than that! 

Thus made me smile Novella- thank you!
  • Options
    Oh I forgot about something else. It's not so much a dating disaster as a post-dating disaster. My first real boyfriend was in 10th grade. He was awesome and we were in love and things were great, until my dad got a job several states away and we moved. We kept in touch for a few months, but we were young and it didn't last. 

So life went on and probably 6 years later he finds me on MySpace (it was 2005ish, bear with me). We message back and forth several times, talk on the phone until all hours of the night, and reconnect pretty smoothly. He was still living and working in VA and I was at school in GA, so he decides that he's going to take vacation and drive down to visit me for a week. The day he tells me this, we hang up the phone and I go to class. As I'm walking in the building, my phone rings. It was his WIFE. His pregnant WIFE. She found out we were talking and called to tell me what a horrible person I was. I told her I didn't know he was married and she told me all about how she was at home on bed rest and discovered all these messages between her husband and I. I never spoke to him again.
    My jaw seriously dropped when I read this. What a major douche!!!
  • Options
    I had a date once where the guy asked me to meet him at Chili's.  But when I met him at Chili's he said, "Oh, we're not eating here," and then walked me over to In 'N Out.  Oookayyyy.......when we get up to the register, he let me order first and then ordered himself. Now, I don't like assuming that I should be catered to, so I offered to pay for myself.  He stepped back and then let me pay for both of us.  My stupid hamburger cost $1.65.  Seriously?  You asked me on a date, asked me to meet you at an actual restaurant, and then walked me over to fast food and refuse to pay for my el cheapo hamburger!?  I didn't even get fries!  

He did pay for our movie, but we never went out or talked again.

SO had a pretty bad first date too.  He was pretty torn up after breaking up with his ex and decided to go on a date with one of his sister's friends.  The girl pre-gamed for their date, was drunk already when he picked her up, and then was a sloppy drunk on their date at the comedy club.  On the way back to her house, she threw up in his car and then demanded he take her to her ex's house so she could hook up with him.  When SO refused and took her home instead, she started screaming at him.  He finally got her out of the car and she continued running around her front lawn screaming at him to take her to her ex's house.  Then she threw her purse into the street and it broke open everywhere.  He's such a nice guy he just wanted to make sure she got into her house safely.  So he knocked on the door until someone woke up and opened it, said "Here" and then drove away.  There wasn't a second date for him either.  

• Options
    levioosa seriously, what kind of jerk wouldn't even pay for your fastfood?! That HE invited you to?! After he clearly wouldn't spring for Chili's?! (Cuz we all know Chili's is just so damn expensive, right?) That seems like one of those things that probably sucked at the time but I bet when you think about it now it's hilarious. I think it's hilarious at least ;)

Your So's story is just sad. What a crappy night for him! I would be SO MAD if some crazy drunk idiot puked in my car. Ugh! Awful.
  • Options
    levioosa seriously, what kind of jerk wouldn't even pay for your fastfood?! That HE invited you to?! After he clearly wouldn't spring for Chili's?! (Cuz we all know Chili's is just so damn expensive, right?) That seems like one of those things that probably sucked at the time but I bet when you think about it now it's hilarious. I think it's hilarious at least ;)

Your So's story is just sad. What a crappy night for him! I would be SO MAD if some crazy drunk idiot puked in my car. Ugh! Awful.
    Haha, right?!  Honestly, looking back on it, it was pretty funny.  I called my BFF right after and told her she wouldn't believe how my date ended up going.  These bad dates suck, but they do make for great stories.  SO actually told me his before we were even dating.  We were going to an opera with our other friend and she was super hung over from the night before and she threw up in his car (that poor car, lol).  He told us the story to make her feel better about getting sick.  So...bad dates, ftw? 

• Options
    levioosa said:

Haha, right?!  Honestly, looking back on it, it was pretty funny.  I called my BFF right after and told her she wouldn't believe how my date ended up going.  These bad dates suck, but they do make for great stories.  SO actually told me his before we were even dating.  We were going to an opera with our other friend and she was super hung over from the night before and she threw up in his car (that poor car, lol).  He told us the story to make her feel better about getting sick.  So...bad dates, ftw? 
    oh man! My friend's child once threw up all over the backseat of my car. That was the day I learned that my panic response is hysterical laughter, because I cannot stand vomit. It absolutely horrifies me. And I could not stop laughing.
  • Options
    So right before I met Fi  I met this guy that was a friend of a friend. We went to parties together, went on a few dates, made out, texted constantly. It was neato.
     Well, I told him about some drama I had with a friend of mine, and that I was a bit upset with her.
    HE FINDS HER AND YELLS AT HER ON MY BEHALF. What the fuck, right?
    I hung out with him for a few more weeks before he chewed me out for seeing other guys "behind his back". Crazies.
  • Options
    So right before I met Fi  I met this guy that was a friend of a friend. We went to parties together, went on a few dates, made out, texted constantly. It was neato.
     Well, I told him about some drama I had with a friend of mine, and that I was a bit upset with her.
    HE FINDS HER AND YELLS AT HER ON MY BEHALF. What the fuck, right?
    I hung out with him for a few more weeks before he chewed me out for seeing other guys "behind his back". Crazies.
    Lol! Um.... it was nice of him to stick up for you? Haha. That's just bananas 
  • Options
    mikenbergermikenberger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    Sweet Hell, how could I forget the biggest twatwaffle of them all?

I met him on PoF. Seriously, the worst dating website ever. We had chatted for like 3 weeks before meeting up. First and second dates go well, he texts me randomly one night and asked what I was up to and I said I was making dinner with my roommates then we were going to watch a movie. So he asked if he could come over, I figured it wasn't a big deal. One of my roommates was a dude, so I felt pretty safe.

So he comes over and the 4 of us are sitting around cooking/drinking etc and he starts making lewd comments at my roommate about her butt. "Man, you could bounce a quarter off that thing and get back fifty cents!" I looked at him and was like "Dude. Party foul. That's my roommate." So he backed off slightly. We watched the movie and all things being equal, it wasn't a bad night but I definitely wasn't going to see him again. So he left and I went back up to my apartment. My roommates and I proceeded to drink and be like "WTF just happened?!"

The next morning, I woke up to "Hey, can you give me your roommates number? I mean, you're cute and all, but I felt a better connection with her than you. No offense." Pretty sure I told him to get lost, I was no longer interested and she definitely wasn't either. Then I really got some awesome messages... "You're just jealous I'm too hot for you and you're not good enough." "You're such a bitch, cock blocker." "Can you at least give me her name so I can hit her up on Facebook?" "That's cool. You don't have to respond. I'll just stop by one day and give her my number." I promptly called one of my police friends, told him what was going on. I wasn't necessarily afraid and I wasn't pressing charges or anything. But based off his text messages, a visit to my apartment could've been nasty. He called him and told him not to contact me again, try to contact my roommates or show up at our residence. 

I got one follow up text: "Nice job, calling the cops, you fucking psycho bitch." 

Seriously. What is wrong with some people?

• Options
    mikenberger first, thank you so much for giving me my new favorite word: twatwaffle. I'm going to spend this boring day in my empty office figuring out how to slip that into everyday conversations. 

But what a mega douche! I would've called the cops too if he was being that nasty and then saying he'd just stop by! Ew! That's so gross and creepy. 

Ya know, guys always talk about girls being "psycho" and how it's so hard to date cuz "bitches be crazy" and whatever. Yes, we're all so psycho. But I've dated SO MANY crazy guys. Like some of them could be committed to mental hospitals. 
  • Options
    Ok, another crazy guy I "dated." We'll call him Joe. I met him at a bar (yep off to a good start) and he seemed nice. He actually had come over to apologize to my friends and me because his drunk friend was being obnoxious and trying to get all our phone numbers. We end up hanging out at the bar the rest of the night, then his group and my group all go to IHOP together at like 4am, and I gave him my number before we all went home. 

We texted back and forth a bunch, and this was a few months after a REALLY bad break-up so I was kind of glad to get the attention, plus he seemed really nice, but I just wasn't ready to date again. I told him this, and that I thought he was a great guy and I would love to be his friend, and he seemed totally fine with that. So we'd occasionally hang out, go out for drinks, whatever. Then one night I got super drunk and made out with him. Whoops. 

Pretty soon I felt totally suffocated by him. I told him I was sorry for making out with him and that it was stupid of me because I didn't want to give him mixed signals. I still ONLY wanted to be friends and that was it. Again, he seemed cool with it and insisted that's all he wanted too. But then he would text me non-stop all day every day. Like from the moment I woke up I'd already have a text from him, and he'd just keep going, even if I didn't respond. And then I'd go to bed and he'd STILL be texting me. I tried to get him to back off, but he would not. It was starting to really creep me out, not to mention it was annoying. 

My friend suggested I just ignore him for a couple days and hopefully that would finally get the message across that the constant texting was too much. So I tried that. Well, after 2 days I get what was seriously a 7-page text from this guy. He totally went off on me about what a heartless bitch I was, and how he really wanted me to be his girlfriend and how dare I not be his girlfriend, etc etc. Well he told me many times that he did NOT want a girlfriend and was totally in agreement with me about just being friends and that's it, but somehow I was supposed to know that he really meant the opposite of that? And he was so pissed that I didn't know he meant the opposite. 

This made me really mad. So I responded by telling him that I'm sorry, I had thought we were on the same page with just being friends, and I really didn't think that was working out either, so we shouldn't be in contact anymore. He bombarded me with so many hateful texts that I actually had to go to my phone company and block his number. In the midst of all this, I was sitting down playing the piano (my parents have a grand piano in their living room, right in front of a huge window that faces the street). He knew where my parents' house was cuz I was home from college so he'd picked me up there before. I look up from playing the piano and I see his car. At first I thought I was mistaken. Until I saw it again. And again. And again. He lived about 40 minutes away and had driven all the way to my city just to go around the block and drive past my parents' house 50 times. I was about to call the cops but then I he didn't come back around again. 

I find out later that he'd been telling a mutual friend of ours that I was a "total psycho" and a bitch. Why? Because I wouldn't date you? Yeah, ok. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards