Chit Chat
Options

Bookworms... what are you reading these days?

124»

Re: Bookworms... what are you reading these days?

• Options
    peachy13 said:

mrsdee15 said:

Has anyone read The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins?  People have recommended it and it looks like an interesting book, if you're into the thriller/noir thing.

I just finished it last week and couldn't put it down. Was legit staying up past my bedtime and such.
    Thanks!  I may have to pick that one up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I see some people reading A Song of Ice and Fire, any other fantasy nerds out there? My FI and I just finished re-reading The Hobbit, and our goal this year is to re-read The Lord of the Rings. I like to have "palate cleanser" books between fantasy books, though, and I recently picked up The Night Circus, which . . . still has magicians in it, I realize.

I also like to read books based on where I travel, and on Saturday I'm flying to Milan for a work conference. Any recommendations for books that take place in Milan or Italy? . . . That's not by Dan Brown?

@princessgracekelly  Sounds like a fun work trip!  I read Excursion to Tindari by Andrea Camilleri a few years ago and really enjoyed it.  It's set in Sicily, though.  How about The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith set in Rome, Sanremo and Venice?

Ooh, "The Talented Mr. Ripley," of course! Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    I'm currently reading "Building Your Own Canoe" by Nick Offerman. Mainly because once I knew it existed I couldn't not read it.
  • Options
    mrsdee15 said:

Has anyone read The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins?  People have recommended it and it looks like an interesting book, if you're into the thriller/noir thing.

I was expecting to hear more people reading this one!  I saw it listed #1 on the NY Times bestseller list.  I put a request in at the library and I'm something like #180 on the list.  There's several copies, but it'll be awhile. 

As someone else mentioned, I've heard if you've liked Gone Girl, you'll like this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards