Chit Chat
Options

I did a stupid thing, you guys...

2»

Re: I did a stupid thing, you guys...

• Options
    I think it looks fabulous. I honestly love it. I totally see how it would be a shock to you, though, especiallly if you never had it that dark before. I would say definitely give it a few days. It really does look stunning on you.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I'd really consider keeping it, at least for a while, so your hair has some time to recover. Dyeing it twice in a short space of time (especially lightening it like you'd have to) is pretty hard on your hair. And I agree with everyone that it looks good - I also like it better dark, honestly - so I hope it's just the change surprising you and that you'll start to like it as well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think you should keep it! You look great, but if not, I would wait a couple of days to give your hair some rest.
  • Options
    Another for I think you should keep it! I love it! I was imagining you wearing a cute scarf headband with your hair braided or something and I'm playing dress up with you sorry. Hope your day at work is full of compliments!

Give it a few days and add some lowlights/highlights (?) in for some dimension if nothing comes through by then.

image   image   image

• Options
    blabla89 said:
    It can't be that bad. Can we see? Also if you wash your hair with Head and Shoulders and let it sit for a few minutes, it'll lighten the color.
    Here's the before and after. (Please forgive how sloppy I look. It's been a long day and I'm bad at taking selfies.)

imageimage

It was darker, but I scrubbed it with every kind of shampoo I had on hand and then with dish soap and that helped a little bit.

ETA WTF why are they sideways? Argghhh...

I really like how it turned out! Super pretty!

I know what you mean though that going darker can be very jarring at first. I definitely don't think you should feel like you have to pay full price for the tip, but I understand wanting to pay a little more in the tip to make up for it.

Formerly martha1818

• Options

I agree with others that I really like the new color on you.

But, I also definitely can understand the shock and needing an adjustment period.  Last week I cut my hair... like, they cut 12 inches (I donated it) then they trimmed it up a few inches from there.  It was down to my lower back and now it's above my shoulders.  It's about 2" shorter than I had requested and it's the shortest I've ever had my hair.  And after a week I'm just now getting to the "it's not SO bad" phase. I still don't love it though, and I'm not sure I ever will.  It doesn't look bad really, but it's just not me. But, it will grow back. 

If I were you, I'd give it a week or so to adjust to it and see if it starts to grow on you. 

• Options
    I really like that color on you!
  • Options
    The new color looks fantastic on you! It's a big change and it can be hard to adjust to, but definitely agree with PPs to give it a few days and see how you feel about it.
  • Options
    Well it's not this:

And like others have said, it looks great! Try getting used to it and just rock it. 

• Options
    I love it!
  • Options
    blabla89 said:
    ETA WTF why are they sideways? Argghhh...
    It's actually pretty smart... they put the previews whichever way takes up the least space vertically so it's easier to scroll through. They're always the right way when you click to expand. Pictures taken in landscape always show up the right way.

• Options
    I like it too! 

It also looks like you had highlights in your hair originally, and those will definitely come through in a week or two.  The last time I got my hair done, it was way too dark and it washed me out (although you don't look washed out at all).  Two weeks later I loved my hair when it faded a little and my highlights showed through.  I think you're just shocked by the change.  Try to give it a chance, especially since dyeing it twice in such quick succession will damage it a lot. 

• Options
    I think it looks gorgeous!

I went REALLY dark after DH and I broke up (when we were first dating) everyone at work called me Elvira but I LOVED it.
  • Options
    I love it too, I think it is super flattering and takes off a few years as well IMO!! Rock it girl! 

• Options

Dark brunettes are hot and so are you. Welcome to the club!

It really looks great. Better than the "before," in my opinion. It's making all your bone structure POP.

This baby knows exactly how I feel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards