Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thirsty Thursday

Good morning everyone! I was MIA yesterday because I was in training and meetings all day.  This promotion has become stressful because my boss has not made an announcement so it is still confidential.  Someone got word of my promotion so of course the rumors have started.  I just want an announcement to be made so people leave me alone and stop being nosy.

Tonight I'll be enjoying a martini or two and helping with house stuff.  No idea what the plans are for this weekend.  I am not a fan of Valentine's day, so my bf and I have never made a big deal out of it.  Does anyone have any exciting plans?

Re: Thirsty Thursday

• Options
    @speakeasy14 -You enjoy yourself some martinis!!!

So to all the ladies who asked how the movie "Her" was...we finished it last night. The movie itself was extremely strange but very interesting lol. I enjoyed the futuristic feeling of the movie but it was still strange. I would still recommend watching it though.

Tonight I'm going to go workout and hang out with DH. We are boring.
  • Options

On Friday, BF and I are going out to dinner and a movie (how original). Then we have a costume party on Saturday, and my mom will be coming over on Sunday to watch TWD with us.

I have Monday off, but BF doesn't, so I will likely spend the day watching Netflix and baking.

• Options
    @speakeasy14 - What kind of martinis do you like? H and I don't do anything for Valentine's Day. Sometimes we've gone to dinner but we do that fairly regularly anyway so it wasn't specifically for VDay. We're supposed to have some of our friends over for food, drinks, and the Devils game on Saturday. 

@southernpeach89 - I will probably check it out at some point when there's nothing else on TV. 

H worked late last night so we didn't get a chance to go look at cars. We're going tonight though! We have the dog walker checking on Lucy today for the first time and H is picking me up from work and we're going to look at the car I want to buy! I'm really excited! The one thing I noticed today, though, is that it doesn't have a navigation system in it. How important do we think that is? The car is a 2013 certified pre-owned VW Eos with only 6k miles on it and the price is exactly my budget. I currently use my iPhone to get anywhere and I really liked the idea of there being one IN my new car but I'm not sure if this is a deal breaker or not. 

• Options

@Swazzle - I have a navigation system in my car, but I alternate between that and my phone. My car is an 08 so the software is outdated. And since there's so much new construction in FL, sometimes the roads or addresses don't exist. Hell, my home address isn't in the system! So while it's nice for long road trips not to kill my battery or whatever, I wouldn't necessarily be devastated if I didn't have it.
    -------------------------------------------

We don't usually do anything for Valentine's Day, but since H got those passes to the race this weekend, and it falls on V-Day, I guess we're doing something this year. Also, we're kind of annoyed that the price of flowers goes up around now. H buys me flowers every single Friday. I suggested he could just pick me some instead this week ;-)

I'm also a bit ragey this morning after dealing with the state. They've had a child support payment since January 6, and STILL haven't disbursed it. They've disbursed 2 payments since then, with no problems, but are holding on to the one really big one from the beginning of January. And I found out this morning that no one ever escalated my multiple complaints before this, and the office that handles it has 10 BUSINESS DAYS to respond. Not do anything about it, just respond. I am LIVID, and so is XH.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @speakeasy14, I don't know what that drink is but I will take all of them even though I'm burning my fun calories today on hot chocolate please and thank you.

@swazzle, I've never had an in-car navigation system so that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
    ---
    Tonight I'm going to print the invitation cards!!! We finally settled on a time for the wedding (read: I threw up my hands, said "We have both places all day anyway," and picked) -- 4:30 pm on April 25.

Tomorrow maybe isn't for gaming anymore? FI and I have both realized that we are overwhelmed by everything that needs to get done and are shrinking our worlds a little bit.

Saturday I booked us couples massage for the early afternoon, and FI dropped the ball on booking dinner. Argh. Maybe he'll cook or something.

Monday the rumor flies that I get to have a plumber, a new kitchen sink, and a working bathroom sink ....

Sunday, though, we're going furniture shopping yet again in the quest for the love seat.
  • Options

@Twodimes those jokes are funny

@labro I always wanted to go to one of those wine and painting classes. Something to look at for the spring.

I am exhausted I just want to curl under my desk and nap so badly.  It sucks, when I gethome I usually say I'm going to nap but then I get caught up on so many other things.  It then becomes too late for a nap and I just go to bed early.  I told H to plan something for V-day whether we go out Saturday or Sunday night is fine by me.  H is not much of a planner so I don't know if he has or will plan anything.  I just keep thinking a month from today H & I will be in the Bahamas, 

Anniversary

• Options
    Thanks for all the input guys! I think the nav is a "want" but not a "need", as all of you said. I think if it's fits the bill everywhere else, it'll be a winner!

• Options

@TwoDimes - hahahaha you're so punny

@LaBro - Ooh! Have fun at your painting session. H and I did one last year on V-Day (it just happened to fall on a Friday night couples thing) and it was fun. We have the paintings hanging in our bedroom.

@Bethsmiles - Yay for a new apartment!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

I think everyone here should have an extra drink for me tonight! Oh how I miss appletini's, margaritas, gin & tonics, red wine, vodka gimlets....

No big valentine's plans for us - we were going to go to a nice seafood restaurant...but now that we're going to CA next week, we'll save our seafood pennies for the trip! We always exchange cards though, so I do need to get one for H. Last V-Day without kids! (crazy pants!)

We have a TON going on tomorrow, so i'm trying not to get overwhelmed with lists today. Doctor's appointment w/ultrasound and glucose test, get my rear break pads replaced, check out a couple pediatrician offices, take dog for nail trim, grocery, house cleaning, laundry, having MIL & H's aunt over for dinner. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

• Options
    @Labro - those painting classes are so fun! I love the painting you get to do. I would actually hang that in my house!
  • Options
    AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015

@speakeasy14 - For YEARS I never had a BF for Valentine's Day. All my relationships seemed to happen during any part of the year that wasn't February, and now I'm with a guy who doesn't like it.... Lucky me, haha. So we tend not to make plans. I will just be making dinner, I suppose.

@southernpeach89 - I felt the exact same way about that movie. Cute, yet creepy, strangely soothing, yet it made me uncomfortable. Enjoyable, yet not something I would use the word like or love for.

@ashleybunny8 - Which movie? I'm just sitting around, twiddling my thumbs, and waiting for Pitch Perfect 2!

@Swazzle - My friend's nav sytem took us to the WRONG side of town once. I don't think I'll ever get a car with one thanks to that experience. I still prefer my phone or written directions.

@labro - I'm doing one of those painting classes next weekend! Mine is a couple of koi fish. I'm so excited!

@Ollie08 - Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Rage on, lady.

@bethsmiles - Congrats on the new apartment! That sounds perfect!

• Options
    @Ollie08 I keep coming up with different ideas for our future NEY get-together when you come up for a Braves game. First it was a coffee date, but now we should go paint instead! I've been to this place a couple of times already for some different wine/bottle themed paintings. Tomorrow night they have  dual class - one painting is of the hydrangeas, the other is a wine glass and wine bottle. Since I already have so many wine ones, I'm opting for the flowers!

• Options
    @alpacina - not sure what movie yet. maybe Jupiter Ascending (we heard that the plot was crap, but the visuals were good), or maybe Kingsman: The Secret Service. I haven't checked showtimes yet, so we may not be able to catch anything. Our dinner reservation is set for 8:45- I just want something to distract me so I don't eat my arm off!
  • Options

@futuremrshistorian - Have fun with Mr. H!

• Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015

@ImCooper - The management at my apartment sucks too. It takes forever to get anything fixed, they always act annoyed whenever I need to ask them something, and I'm just totally over it. Oh and they spend money on making stupid improvements (like repainting the entire building from green to blue) instead of improvements that would actually make it a nicer place to live.

And even though it's not the managements fault since it is legal but my neighbors smoke a ton a pot and unfortunately the smell of pot makes me feel sick. So yeah, I can't wait to get the hell out of there!

• Options

@speakeasy14 - He kind of beat me to giving opinions. It's hard to say "Well, I want to celebrate it." after your SO has just ranted about how it's just another consumerist holiday made up by a corporation. He's worn off on me now and I'm barely registering it this year.

@lmcooper86 - But Pentatonix is in it!!! :) ........ Yes, sequels blow, unfortunately. Except The Godfather, I've heard? The first one was SO LONG, I didn't even bother trying the second one.

• Options

@lmcooper86 @southernpeach89 arranged one for my bachelorette! It was awesome!

For this with questions on the painting thing - You start out with a blank canvas and a palette of certain colors usually and an instructor takes you through an easy step by step process to create the image. It's a lot of fun and somewhat open to your own interpretation if you want. Most places will also help you if you need it, basically they don't let anyone leave with a bad painting!

• Options

Just dropping in to say 'Hello' - work has been busy, not super busy where I'm overwhelmed, just busy so I don't have much time to check in.

Anniversary
  • Options
    AlPacina Just stock up on clearance chocolate :)

lmcooper86 Thank you, it hasn't really hit me yet since I can't be excited.  I can't stand office gossip.  Fingers crossed that you are offered one of the positions!
  • Options
    Good afternoon ladies! I have been super busy with work and have very limited time to lurk only on TK. But I am enjoying all of the updates that I get to read! 

Work has been stressful, as the engineer that I am filling in for is TERRIBLE at communicating what exactly is required to do this project. I have had to make some decisions based on the information I was told, and all of them were wrong when he finally did see my emails. He is out on paternity leave but checks his email periodically, so I basically dread it now when I see his email. However, I think I finally have a handle on everything now that he explained everything, and he even told me he would give me an outstanding review to our manager for all of my hard work, since he realizes that I was making the best possible decisions for the team with the information he provided, so he takes full blame for it. So yay for a hopeful raise and nice bonus! 

FI and I actually had to interact for the first time ever in a professional sense in a meeting today, so that was interesting, but fortunately we are good at being professional with one another. Very few people know that we are together, and we try to keep it that way as much as possible. 

FI and I normally do something for Valentine's Day, but we don't hype it up too much. We normally don't go out to dinner, as we enjoy cooking together instead, so we normally do that, and he might surprise me with roses, as he has done it in the past. We are going to a bridal show here in SD on Sunday that I got free tickets to, and we are looking forward to that. They have a special "Groom's Lounge" with beer tasting and hot shaves, so he is actually very excited too. We have Monday off, and mentioned some other things to do over the weekend but no definitive plans yet. There's a Marvel Experience Festival thing in town that sounds fun and FI mentioned wanting to check out, so we might do that too. 

• Options
    I'm working from home today, but I'm feeling SUPER exhausted and sick to my stomach for some reason, so writing/PPTing has been super slow.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @AuroraRose41‌ I want to hang out in the grooms lounge! I've been to a few wedding/bridal shows and they never have anything separate for the grooms.
  • Options
    AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    @speakeasy14 me too! I'm reallllllyyyyy hoping that they let brides in too because I also want to do the beer tasting! And look at tuxes for FI (which will be set up in that area). Apparently they will also have TV's set up playing sports games and cigar rolling as well, so it sounds like a really cool thing for the guys. FI can hang there while I get a makeover from one of the local salons attending and giving those out too. 

ETA: Oh, and he can hang there while I sample tons of different chocolate. They will also have a Chocolate Lounge, and FI isn't a big fan of sweets. I'm very excited. 

• Options
    Ummm... I want to come too @AuroraRose41‌ ! The most exciting thing I've ever seen at a bridal show was a photobooth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards