Chit Chat
Options

Knotties, help me stay strong

2»

Re: Knotties, help me stay strong

• Options
    Let's say there's no signs, notes, ushers, etc.  And some people who are old-school still think there are/should be sides, but there's nothing to guide them.  So they default to "I'm family of the bride and normally bride's family is on the left."  So they sit left.  But you throw them a curve ball and come down and stand to the RIGHT of your Fiance for the ceremony.

Does it matter if they're not on "your" side?  Are you any less married?  Were they not able to see or hear b/c they sat on his side instead of yours?  It's not like dinner where you have to sit with people and you have time to make conversation.  There's no talking during the ceremony by the guests unless it's part of a "group response" kind of thing like you see at some Catholic weddings; so even if they sit on the "wrong" side, I don't see how their comfort or your ability to get married is compromised.
  • Options
    I really don't think the guests won't know what to do, but honestly - if it's THAT important to your mother, is it really that big of a deal to put a small sign at the entrance that just says "open seating" or "please seat yourselves"?  I guess it's just not a hill I would die on.
  • Options
    I don't think I've ever been to  a wedding that was bride's side/groom's side.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards