Chit Chat
Options

Deleting Threads

So, mods can delete their own threads now if they decide that they disclosed too much information or some shit but everyone else cannot have our stuff deleted unless we get our whole account deleted?  Not naming names, but yeah...

Re: Deleting Threads

• Options
    beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    Care to elaborate? Also, content doesn't get deleted with account deletions anymore.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Someone posted a thread and I was in the middle of responding when a red thing said "Failed to find the discussion for commenting".  So I clicked on the person's username and went to their discussions and it is not listed underneath that anymore and I can't find it under Chit Chat, either.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2015
     Doey, you can always pm knotriley if you think a mod is deleting things they shouldn't And don't want to cone to one of us. I didn't see any threads disappear, and was on a lot last night.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    No, we are not allowed to do that. We are held to the same standards and rules as other posters.

PM KnotRiley if you're concerned about a mod "abusing" their delete button.
  • Options
    I haven't seen anything disappear either, mod or not.

• Options
    beethery said:

Can you PM someone about it instead of trying to incite drama on some shit I'm guessing only you saw? Because I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about and this is a really lame attempt at a callout thread.

She's right, there was a thread this morning that isn't here anymore that was created by @scribe I believe. It was titled TMI.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kkitkat79 said:

beethery said:

Can you PM someone about it instead of trying to incite drama on some shit I'm guessing only you saw? Because I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about and this is a really lame attempt at a callout thread.

She's right, there was a thread this morning that isn't here anymore that was created by @scribe I believe. It was titled TMI.
    Backing this up. I may have been half asleep, but I saw it too. 
  • Options
    Wow. That's some real bullshit.
  • Options
    beetherybeethery member
    edited March 2015
    Look, I am with you on the not deleting threads stuff. That goes against our rules, so we're not supposed to do it. I'm sure it'll get discussed among the mods and admin later.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    hellohkb said:

If you were really concerned, why not pm KR or inbox a mod? Why make a public thread?

Maybe she didn't think you (in general, not calling you out) would believe her. Early replies before it was confirmed seem to indicate that, no?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    hellohkb said:

If you were really concerned, why not pm KR or inbox a mod? Why make a public thread?

Maybe she didn't think you (in general, not calling you out) would believe her. Early replies before it was confirmed seem to indicate that, no?
    I didn't think she was being dishonest. There were just more specifics needed, which could have been elaborated on via PM, instead of creating a super vague thread about it (which is what TOS calls for instead of directly calling out a user/thread).

In the future, if you think a mod is abusing their abilities, please PM an admin and/or another mod.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    beethery said:

hellohkb said:

I didn't think she was being dishonest. There were just more specifics needed, which could have been elaborated on via PM, instead of creating a super vague thread about it (which is what TOS calls for instead of directly calling out a user/thread).

In the future, if you think a mod is abusing their abilities, please PM an admin and/or another mod.

• Options

beethery said:

hellohkb said:

• Options
    ashley8918ashley8918 member
    edited March 2015

hellohkb said:

And so the solution is to create a vague public thread, where clearly, no answers could be gleaned, but instead almost certainly would rustle some jimmies, call out a user and start drama?

Beeth covered it all.

Thank you for providing my phrase of the week, hahaha, I love this.
  • Options
    All I did was google "jimmies animated gif".  I had no idea this expression was tied to a sassy primate.
  • Options
    hellohkb said:

I burst out laughing and it sounded all weird like "heuheuheu".

How awkward for me :(
    I may have done the same thing...
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    beethery said:

hellohkb said:

In the future, I'll PM KnotRiley and wait for her to come online to respond.
  • Options
    Has OP even come back to offer any sort of explanation that isn't vague as fuck?

• Options

Has OP even come back to offer any sort of explanation that isn't vague as fuck?

Well, I tried to explain what happened in the second comment in this thread.  I didn't name names, and I already PMed KnotRiley a while ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards