Registering and Gifts

Coupon Question

FI and I are registered at BB&B and Williams Sonoma. Both stores off email coupons (usually the standard 20% off when signing up for emails).
Would it be good or bad of me to mention they offer coupons on our website? And if I did, what would be the best way to word it?
If it's a stupid idea, let me know, but I'm always in the interest of saving a little money.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Coupon Question

• aliwis000aliwis000
    250 Love Its 100 Comments Third Anniversary First Answer
    edited March 2015
    I would probably avoid this. I know you have great intentions here and I more than anyone love coupons! But I think reading something like this in "black and white" on a website would come off as controlling or gift grabby. I am 100% sure that is not how you mean it but it could come off as "spend 20% more than you usually would bc there is a coupon!"

People are generally smart when it comes to this and a quick trip to either of the vendors websites will produce ads that they can click on to get the coupon. In the case or BB&B they have got to have seen them in their mailbox every week. :)

Bottom Line: Just post links to your registry on the website. If people ask where you are registered let them know and point them to the registry. They will figure it out.  
    luckya23
  • I think this is pretty common knowledge.  I know that whenever I buy anything online, I also google a promo code.   Trust that people can find their own deals. 
    adk19
  • This would be gift grabby to me as well. It's like a sale sign outside a store - it prompts to you to go in and buy. Don't inadvertently prompt your guests to buy you a gift. I know you probably have good intentions, but I'd post the registry links and leave it at that.

I'm jealous of people who don't have their mailbox spammed with BB&B coupons constantly.

• mlg78mlg78
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Answers
    This is super tacky.  Everyone knows BB&B is a coupon whore.  No need to point this out.

• I think most people want to save as much money as possible in their everyday lives.  I do not think it is necessary to offer a suggestion that they use a coupon on your gift.  It is definitely tacky.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for confirming what I was thinking everyone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I think it's a great idea to include the coupon! Since they will be buying for the BB&B website anyways, they can always add the promo code during check out!
  • adk19adk19
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary 5 Answers

I think it's a great idea to include the coupon! Since they will be buying for the BB&B website anyways, they can always add the promo code during check out!

No.  Because this.

mlg78 said:

This is super tacky.  Everyone knows BB&B is a coupon whore.  No need to point this out.

• levioosalevioosa Southern California
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary 5 Answers

I think it's a great idea to include the coupon! Since they will be buying for the BB&B website anyways, they can always add the promo code during check out!

You give consistently terrible advice.

Glad you sorted it out, OP. 

To lurkers: It's tacky.  Everyone and their mother knows that you can hoard BBB coupons and use them on every purchase.  I used 17 the other day at once.

adk19anrforanr
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards