Wedding Party
Options

Something other than robes for the bridesmaids to wear the day of?

2»

Re: Something other than robes for the bridesmaids to wear the day of?

• Options

For all posters that are attacking me for sharing my opinion, please move on. The original poster stated

" I want to get them something to wear while we are getting ready that is cost effective, cute, easy to get out off without disturbing their hair and makeup, and that they'll wear again.  Any suggestions?" 

I offered my cost effective option that is not robes. If your opinion is to not ask bridesmaids to wear anything at all, just leave it at that. No need to attack someone for their opinion and answering a question asked by a fellow bride. Thank you for offering your advise to me and the other bride. I think she can take the hint that you all suggest that the bridesmaids wear what they want. But this particular bride wanted to get something for her ladies to get ready in. She may have changed her mind by now. But attacking my choice is not answering  a question. So it's much appreciated to move on from my original comment. I get it.

1. no one is attacking you. Just because we don't agree with your idea and say so does not mean you are being attacked. 
    2. No need to police the internet. I think the OP can speak for herself if she wants to. 
  • Options

I'm not crazy either. My girls asked if there was anything in specific to wear while getting ready. I asked them to wear plaid, because it is what I want for MY wedding.

But...it's their clothing.  Why did you feel the need to dictate what they wore prior to the actual ceremony, simply because it was the day that you were getting married?  (Let alone the all-caps "MY wedding.")
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I only asked my bridesmaids to wear a plaid button down shirt (which all of them already own) and whatever bottoms they are comfortable in. I had a few bridesmaids thank me for being so easy going with the getting ready attire.

OK. I'll ask. Why was it SO earth shakingly important that they HAD to wear plaid shirts?
    Because it is what I want for my wedding. There are too many "rules" that people post. It's a little ridiculous in my opinion. The original poster asked for options other than robes, so I offered my opinion. My girls have plaid shirts already. It works for me.

****etf boxes******

You're right. There are too many rules. Like people who make rules that BMs must wear certain clothes to get ready in. 

I hope you realize that YOU'RE the one who is enforcing "rules". Everyone else here is saying that "rules" aren't necessary and people should wear whatever they want. So yea, I agree with you, rules ARE ridiculous.
    [CASE OF THE PHANTOM BOX]

Rule number one!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    RIGHT!!!! I also don't understand why some of these ladies are being so snarky in their responses.  I understand if other ladies think the getting ready photos are dumb, or even want to tell me they feel the reality is I shouldn't focus on it because those pictures won't be framed etc, but all these responses attacking my idea and other bride's choices is very rude and definitely uncalled for. 
  • Options
    RIGHT!!!! I also don't understand why some of these ladies are being so snarky in their responses.  I understand if other ladies think the getting ready photos are dumb, or even want to tell me they feel the reality is I shouldn't focus on it because those pictures won't be framed etc, but all these responses attacking my idea and other bride's choices is very rude and definitely uncalled for. 
    Welcome to the world of the internet where you may not like everything that you read.

• Options
    Welcome to the world of the internet where you may not like everything that you read.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    You're seriously bumping a post from April to say this? 
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Yeah I am...because I just came back to read it....so you can seriously shut up because I can "seriously" comment on MY original post whenever I want.
    You're seriously bumping a post from April to say this? 

• Options
    edited August 2015

**Removed for TOS Violation**
  • Options

@scribe95

Can we close this zombie????

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015

Gee, I don't feel bitter, I feel mostly happy, excited, in love, and actually trying to help give advice.  Thanks for calling me a b*tch.  @KnotHolly
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015

So just because this is a forum about weddings you just expect everyone to be all rainbows and puppy dogs?  No.  People have their opinions about things and those opinions aren't always covered in chocolate and glitter.  Many people (myself included) are blunt and to the point.  I am not going to sugar coat my response to you.  If you don't like my response that doesn't make me a bitch or immature.  It just makes it a response you don't like.  And after reading through this thread again, everyone gave their opinion in a very mature manner.  It wasn't until another poster felt the need to say they were being attacked, which they weren't, that people respond defensively.

So like I said, this is the internet and you won't always like what you read on it.  You need to learn to either ignore things or maybe find a different forum that will tell you what you want to hear. 

• Options
    edited September 2015
    1.  It's fine to have differing opinions but it's better to have some decorum when expressing those.  Calling AmyBeth2010 crazy or saying my idea to give them a gift was "dumb" is not necessary.  Just say "I think you should let them wear what they want" or "I wouldn't worry about the getting ready pictures"

2.  I love how Maggie0829 feels the need to school everyone about why they shouldn't be offended by stuff people say on the internet yet feels the need to be offended because someone doesn't agree with how others have said things....so much so she comments daily to prove her hypocritical point. Followed by her right hand man Jen4948 who agrees with Maggie0829 but then turned around and tattled because she somehow felt an indirect comment was directed at her....

It's funny because while I mentioned no names directly...those who's comments qualified to the name I "called them" responded...I guess they know who and what they are LOL. #youknowwhatyouare #tattleaway *kanye shrug* 
  • Options
    1.  It's fine to have differing opinions but it's better to have some decorum when expressing those.  Calling AmyBeth2010 crazy or saying my idea to give them a gift was "dumb" is not necessary.  Just say "I think you should let them wear what they want" or "I wouldn't worry about the getting ready pictures"

2.  I love how Maggie0829 feels the need to school everyone about why they shouldn't be offended by stuff people say on the internet yet feels the need to be offended because someone doesn't agree with how others have said things....so much so she comments daily to prove her hypocritical point. Followed by her right hand man Jen4948 who agrees with Maggie0829 but then turned around and tattled because she somehow felt an indirect comment was directed at her....

It's funny because while I mentioned no names directly...those who's comments qualified to the name I "called them" responded...I guess they know who and what they are LOL. #youknowwhatyouare #tattleaway *kanye shrug* 
    I am not Maggie0829 or anyone else's "right hand man."  And as for hypocrisy, go look in a mirror sometime.
  • Options

• Options

I will automatically "Love it" this owl every time he pops up.  Every time.  
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Whatever they want and already own. Gah! Robe posts are driving me nuts...

ETA damn zombie thread. Must get more in the habit of checking original post dates.
  • Options
    I'd like to point out that I was not involved in this thread. Just sayin :-)
  • Options
    I'd like to point out that I was not involved in this thread. Just sayin :-)
    Do you want a cookie or something?

• Options
    I love the idea of bridesmaids in matching outfits while getting ready, but I agree it's overdone.

The first gift my fiance ever gave me was a plaid flannel button-down shirt, so I plan on wearing that while getting ready. I thought it would be fun to have my bridesmaids also in plaid flannel shirts as well, so I bought them the tops to wear while getting ready. They were only $15 each on Etsy, and they're seasonally appropriate since it's going to be chilly in October where I'm getting married. They are going to wear their own bottoms. 

Hope this helps the bride who started the thread!
  • Options
    I love the idea of bridesmaids in matching outfits while getting ready, but I agree it's overdone.

The first gift my fiance ever gave me was a plaid flannel button-down shirt, so I plan on wearing that while getting ready. I thought it would be fun to have my bridesmaids also in plaid flannel shirts as well, so I bought them the tops to wear while getting ready. They were only $15 each on Etsy, and they're seasonally appropriate since it's going to be chilly in October where I'm getting married. They are going to wear their own bottoms. 

Ahhh, noooooo.  Seriously.  Read the thread first before you reply.  Especially on a zombie thread.  

• Options

Are you getting ready outside? Or in a place that doesn't have climate control?

I'm pretty sure you're doing this because "matching plaid button down omg sentimental to me!!!" versus this making sense for the season. At least own it.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

OMG with the fucking matching outfits. These are adults, not 5 year olds. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards