Chit Chat
Options

A Best Man Snark... of sorts (UPDATE page 5)

loveislouderloveislouder member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited March 2015 in Chit Chat
Ya'll, we just got this e-mail from the best man in our wedding:

I am sorry but I am unable
to act as best man in your wedding any longer. My reasons are as follows:

1) The lack of single
people in your wedding party, and invited to the wedding itself and thus I will
not be able to meet any new people. (I don’t see how this applies but okay…)

2) You have not reminded to
RSVP, which indicates to me that you do not wish me to attend (we haven’t
reminded him because they’re not due yet)

3) You disrespect me as a
single male as you provided me with a guest spot knowing full well I am single.
(uhh….)

4) I am disappointed in the
lack of bachelor party. Weddings are supposed to be fun. (I don’t even have a
comment on this one)

5) You are getting married
in a church and didn’t check to see if it was against my religious beliefs (our
bad. But he’s Catholic so we didn’t think we needed to. We’re getting married
in a United Church)

6) Finally, I feel left out
of all the pre-wedding parties. (We’re having a Jack and Jill shower this
weekend which he was invited to, and he is refusing to come (totally fine, not
a requirement) because there are no single ladies there for him to “mingle with.”)

So my ever wise Knotties, tell me. Am I nuts or is he being a
bit ridiculous?  Obviously there will be
no replacing him, none of that crap, but I don’t understand.

ETA: I can't get the formatting to work. Sorry that it's hard to read guys.

Re: A Best Man Snark... of sorts (UPDATE page 5)

• Options
    Sounds like he's not wanting to go to your wedding for his own reasons but doesn't want to own it, so he's laying it at your doorstep and making it about the two of you and your "disrespect" for him. You are not nuts.
  • Options
    That is all a bunch of nonsense from what I can tell. I do not understand where in the world he got the idea that you and your FI are responsible for match-making him or getting him laid. I do think it's nice to give single guests an option to bring a date, especially a WP member, but it's not required and it's not a reason to decline to be in the WP. 

Although - you did check with him on that, right? That he doesn't have a new gf? It sounds like he is truly single, like, on the prowl, so he probably doesn't but just wondering because if I was in a WP and I wasn't asked if there was a special someone I'd be annoyed. 
  • Options
    What? Is he joking?
  • Options
    Wtf...dude needs to take a chill pill. I honestly wouldn't want someone like that standing up in my wedding anyway.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Uhhhhhh....

EDITed because I forgot that I can't gif at work. So picture an uncomfortable looking Bill Murray. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

I'm sorry OP, but I laughed!  That is just some straight up bull!  I think the best one was the whole against his religious beliefs thing.  Like he was somehow being forced into a polygamous marriage with you two or something!

Dude must have some other serious thing going on.  Does he like you?  Has he tried to dissuade your FI from getting married?  Has your FI tried talking to any mutual friends to try and figure out what his deal is?  Because you and your FI have gone above and beyond for BM - a guest, not bugging him for an RSVP prior to the deadline, not asking him to plan a bachelor party (he could have planned one himself if he wanted one so bad), etc.

• Options
    What. Even.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Um WHAT?  If this is all serious, he's lost his mind...

He expects you to remind him to RSVP?  And clearly is wanting to use your wedding as a way to get laid...  How dare you not center your wedding around him...

• Options
    beethery said:

Lmao what a tiny flaccid peen.

Tiny fur burger!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Holy shit. If I didn't know any better, I would say it's early April fools. That is some horseshit. Is this guy even a good friend to your Fi?

Totally his best friend, has been for 5 years.
  • Options

That is all a bunch of nonsense from what I can tell. I do not understand where in the world he got the idea that you and your FI are responsible for match-making him or getting him laid. I do think it's nice to give single guests an option to bring a date, especially a WP member, but it's not required and it's not a reason to decline to be in the WP. 

Although - you did check with him on that, right? That he doesn't have a new gf? It sounds like he is truly single, like, on the prowl, so he probably doesn't but just wondering because if I was in a WP and I wasn't asked if there was a special someone I'd be annoyed. 
    Yep, we checked. He's honestly a dick and I'd be surprised if he ever had a girlfriend again.
  • Options
    Is he serious, or could he be trying to come across as funny????

FI's BM constantly jokes that he's not going to be available that day. And that he's super upset that the bridal party is all married and that we should have taken it into consideration. But it's all sarcastic joking and I know he'll be there with bells on.

• Options

I'm sorry OP, but I laughed!  That is just some straight up bull!  I think the best one was the whole against his religious beliefs thing.  Like he was somehow being forced into a polygamous marriage with you two or something!

Dude must have some other serious thing going on.  Does he like you?  Has he tried to dissuade your FI from getting married?  Has your FI tried talking to any mutual friends to try and figure out what his deal is?  Because you and your FI have gone above and beyond for BM - a guest, not bugging him for an RSVP prior to the deadline, not asking him to plan a bachelor party (he could have planned one himself if he wanted one so bad), etc.

He doesn't like women as a whole, but he likes me, or so he tells FI. I don't know what his problem is.
  • Options

Was he like this before? Because seriously, I read your post like this:

I've never seen this side of him. I know he's a dick to a couple of mutual acquaintances but I've always given him the benefit of the doubt because he's never shown me this side before, you know?
  • Options
    loro929loro929 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    Do you think that he could be possibly being sarcastic?
    Could the e-mail be some sort of strange joke, as some PPs suggested?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    maeday2 said:

He doesn't like women as a whole
    , but he likes me, or so he tells FI. I don't know what his problem is.
    Then why in the hell is he so concerned about having a woman to mingle with or take home?

I'm going to with because he likes the sex aspect, not anything else.
  • Options
    loro929 said:

Do you think that he could be possibly being sarcastic?

Could the e-mail be some sort of strange joke, as some PPs suggested?

We're 99.9% sure this isn't a joke.
  • Options
    What does your FI say?  I would love to hear what he says if your FI confronts him.  
  • Options
    What the flying fuck?? When I first read this, I thought at the end he was going to be like "Haha, just kidding you guys!"

That is just sooo bizarre....My face is just.

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards