Chit Chat
Options

A Best Man Snark... of sorts (UPDATE page 5)

Re: A Best Man Snark... of sorts (UPDATE page 5)

• Options
    I read that thinking, "this is a joke.  It has to be."

Bye, Felicia.

• Options
    FI doesn't know what to respond, but if he does come back with something else I'll keep you updated.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Is his name Brad, by chance?

I'm dying. Full blown LOL's over here.
    Anniversary

• Options

Is he a creepy neckbeard?  He sounds like a creepy neckbeard.

... Actually I think he does lol and serial killer hair. like, greasy and scraggly.
  • Options
    I can't even. WTF? None of those reasons make any sense. Also, I would think it's respectful to not ask your wedding party for their RSVP's. Because you assume their agreement to join your wedding party means they're coming to the wedding. I know almost half of our wedding party hasn't RSVP'd yet and our deadline is in half a week.

And this is a stupid thing to get stuck on, but has anybody ever asked a friend if they're okay with their wedding being in such and such church? I would assume that if I was getting married in a church I would just ask my WP (who are my best friends). And they would let me know if they had a problem. Or  they might ask what kind of ceremony we're having and let us know they're not okay standing up during that kind of ceremony. 

Or do I need to be asking my BM's this weekend if they're okay with our non-denominational non-church slightly religious wedding?
  • Options

Is his name Brad, by chance?

I'm dying. Full blown LOL's over here.
    My first thought too, lol. Hey, Brad's in two weddings! 

But really, wtf?! This has to be a joke, right? It has to be. 
  • Options
    He sounds like some kind of idiot MRA neckbeard who needs to put down his copy of The Game, and dudes like that don't need to be in reasonable people's lives.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OP please keep us updated! H has some pretty lame friends but nothing compared to that!

Anniversary
  • Options

That is all a bunch of nonsense from what I can tell. I do not understand where in the world he got the idea that you and your FI are responsible for match-making him or getting him laid. I do think it's nice to give single guests an option to bring a date, especially a WP member, but it's not required and it's not a reason to decline to be in the WP. 

Although - you did check with him on that, right? That he doesn't have a new gf? It sounds like he is truly single, like, on the prowl, so he probably doesn't but just wondering because if I was in a WP and I wasn't asked if there was a special someone I'd be annoyed. 
    Wait.  I read this as he's pissed that you Allowed him to bring a guest even though he's single.  Did you give him a plus one?  You're disrespecting the fact that he's single by telling him that he can bring a friend.
  • Options
    This is the most BSC thing I have ever seen. I can't even believe it's real. 

TBH though I'm really glad I got to experience this email. It's like that crazy sorority girl email from a while back. So insane that it's hysterical. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    adk19 said:

That is all a bunch of nonsense from what I can tell. I do not understand where in the world he got the idea that you and your FI are responsible for match-making him or getting him laid. I do think it's nice to give single guests an option to bring a date, especially a WP member, but it's not required and it's not a reason to decline to be in the WP. 

Although - you did check with him on that, right? That he doesn't have a new gf? It sounds like he is truly single, like, on the prowl, so he probably doesn't but just wondering because if I was in a WP and I wasn't asked if there was a special someone I'd be annoyed. 
    Wait.  I read this as he's pissed that you Allowed him to bring a guest even though he's single.  Did you give him a plus one?  You're disrespecting the fact that he's single by telling him that he can bring a friend.

Wait, what?
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Is it April 1st already?
  • Options

adk19 said:

Wait, what?

3) You disrespect me as a
    single male as you provided me with a guest spot knowing full well I am single.
    (uhh….)

Love DID provide him with a guest spot. She's disrespecting his singleness by offering him a spot, because if he brings a date it's socially unacceptable to go around to all the single ladies and mounting them like the rutting stallion he is.

Yep. It's exactly as crazy as it sounds.

Yeah, I def misread that - I thought he was saying he wasn't given a guest. Not that that would be an excuse to be crazy, of course, I was just wondering. And OP verified she had asked if there was anyone he was seeing. 

I wish I would have known about the rule that the b&g have to provide their single WP members with other singles to mingle with before I met FI. 

WHERE ARE MY ELIGIBLE BACHELORS, BITCHES?
  • Options
    Oh dear god. 

Did he email this? Can you respond in gif form? Because: 

This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    mrsdee15 said:

That just made me laugh so hard.

My response would be:

1) Stop trying to make our bridesmaids play with your dinglehopper.
    2) Now we don't want you and your fur burger to attend anyway.
    3) Sorry you can't even get anyone to play with your slim jim. 
    4) Even out-of-towners will see your family jewels for the costume jewelry they are.
    5) Well then you and your herpes hatchet can go hang out at your church.
    6) We don't want to sic your mushroom tip on any more people than necessary.

I learned so much from that other thread.
    Dinglehopper. Bahahahaha
    Anniversary

• Options
    I really want to know if he says anything else or if your FI talks to him. I'm dying. Because really. I'm just confused more than anything.... Like what do his religious beliefs have to do with your ceremony? And you should have invited more single guests for him? Like... he does know this is not about him, right? Or I guess not. I guess everything is about him. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards