Chit Chat
Options

You guys... (useless thread)

edited April 2015 in Chit Chat
I know how we feel about babies in odd things generally. And I am convincing myself that I will never do this. 

But you guise. It's become a struggle. Because. Look at this. 

My new mantra:
I will not stick my future infant in a pot with a leafy hat on its head. 

ETA Yes this thread is useless. It's okay. Come chat!
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: You guys... (useless thread)

• Options
    Hahaha I actually love this!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Hahaha I actually love this!

Isn't it freaking adorable?! It makes me happy all over. Must repeat mantra.
  • Options
    I used to be obsessed with Anne Geddes when I was a kid. My pediatrician had Anne Geddes posters everywhere and for some reason the idea of dressing up my baby as an animal or inanimate object was sooo appealing. I don't have too much of an issue with it myself. I would probably find some cute way to dress up my kid for pictures, and if it incoporated nerdy things, so much the better, I say.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    lol some friends of the family had a baby and their last name is Sack. So they sent out cards with a photo of their newborn in a paper bag... AKA a sack. Haha! (Sarcastic laugh, cuz that is not cute and it is not funny. I did a face-palm when I saw it). 

That photo you posted is kind of haha-cute though :P 
  • Options
    I actually think the pot and plant head is freakin adorable. But I can't stand the sign on the pot.

• Options

lol some friends of the family had a baby and their last name is Sack. So they sent out cards with a photo of their newborn in a paper bag... AKA a sack. Haha! (Sarcastic laugh, cuz that is not cute and it is not funny. I did a face-palm when I saw it). 

That photo you posted is kind of haha-cute though :P 
    See, no. That's not cute. Don't put a baby in a sack. Like, I like the wordplay, that's clever, but execution needs serious work. 

I am having the baby hives after that picture though. I do not need the baby hives. 
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:

I actually think the pot and plant head is freakin adorable. But I can't stand the sign on the pot.

The sign is part of what I love! It needs a bit of work on the execution, maybe, because it looks like it was just printed on dark-cream paper, but it made me squee. I freaking love it.
  • Options
    Just promise me that you won't do that with a pumpkin.

It it sounds cute:
  • Options
    I like the hats with little bear ears like this one: 

Not for posed photos, just as something adorable to keep their head warm. 

When a family friend was pregnant, I was at the fabric store with my mom and saw a knitting pattern for this hat (this was years ago). I said "Aw I love that! It's so cute! You should knit that hat for Pregnant Friend!" So my mom bought the pattern cuz she loves to knit and loves to give people hand-made baby gifts. 

I found out after the fact that she did not buy it to make a hat for the family friend. She bought it to make a hat for my baby. I was single at the time, and definitely had no plans to get pregnant in the near future. I still have no plans to get pregnant in the near future. And she's still saving that damn pattern for me. Ugh. (She's been dying for grand kids since I was like 15) 
  • Options
    banana468 said:

Just promise me that you won't do that with a pumpkin.

It it sounds cute:
    NEVER. Pumpkins are for carving and pies. Not for sticking babies in. 
  • Options
    I'm still pissed that I didn't get a  newborn Yoda hat for DS.   We need to remedy that.
  • Options
    banana468 said:

I'm still pissed that I didn't get a  newborn Yoda hat for DS.   We need to remedy that.

Here you go @banana468 : CLICKY

imageimage

• Options
    Yeah I can't stand some of these weird baby pictures. I mean a cute little hat? That's cool. Go for it. But there are some over-the-top things, that I'm like wtf like that pumpkin. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know this went viral for a while, but I loveeee following this woman on Instagram.  The cutest napping kids and dog EVER!

• Options
    littlepep said:

UPDATE FOUND THE CUTEST IDEA EVER.

FI and I want to get a golden retriever puppy when our first kid is a few months old so they can grow up together and be best buddies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

banana468 said:

Here you go @banana468 : CLICKY

Love it!   I want to dress DS up as Yoda and DH up as Luke.   Then he can wear DS as a Yoda backpack.   :-) 
  • Options
    Wait. The baby in the pot is a Mandrake. Those are earmuffs on the sign. HARRY POTTER makes this a "win" for me, and normally I hate dressed up cutesy baby crap. It's a human, put it in regular human clothes and call it a day. 

• Options

littlepep said:

FI and I want to get a golden retriever puppy when our first kid is a few months old so they can grow up together and be best buddies.
    This is brilliant and you will be amazing parents. I loved growing up with pups!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Wait. The baby in the pot is a Mandrake. Those are earmuffs on the sign. HARRY POTTER makes this a "win" for me, and normally I hate dressed up cutesy baby crap. It's a human, put it in regular human clothes and call it a day. 

OK this explains why I did not understand the sign and thought it was just weird and stupid. I've never seen Harry Potter, I thought the baby's last name was Mandrake or something.

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

OK this explains why I did not understand the sign and thought it was just weird and stupid. I've never seen Harry Potter, I thought the baby's last name was Mandrake or something.
    HA glad to know I wasn't the only one who didn't get it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:

Yeah if you like HP it's pretty brilliant. "Immature" mandrakes are supposed to look like babies and when they cry they knock you out. Adult mandrakes can kill you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    banana468 said:

We got a Yoda hat for DS. My girlfriend knitted it, and a knitted Yoda doll. He wore it for months. My girlfriend who's daughter is 5 weeks younger got a Leia hat. We took pictures.  
  • Options

jenna8984 said:

Yeah if you like HP it's pretty brilliant. "Immature" mandrakes are supposed to look like babies and when they cry they knock you out. Adult mandrakes can kill you.
    ooo much more sense then. I was like why would it cause periods of unconsciousness? wouldn't crying keep you awake? I was confused all over the place lol

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

jenna8984 said:

ooo much more sense then. I was like why would it cause periods of unconsciousness? wouldn't crying keep you awake? I was confused all over the place lol
    Bad quality, but here's the scene with them from the movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJIcldzY-cE
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

littlepep said:

littlepep said:

This is brilliant and you will be amazing parents. I loved growing up with pups!
    Sorry, I think that sounds like a terrible idea. Babies and puppies are both SO much work, that's a recipe for disaster. It's usually recommended to either get a puppy before having kids so it's trained before the baby turns your world upside down, or getting the puppy after the baby is older/sleeping/potty trained. You don't want to be cleaning up multiple species accidents off the carpet at one time. Plus, people live so much longer than dogs, you could get a puppy when the kid is 3 or 4 and they'd still "grow up together." Lifetime commitment > photo opportunity.
    We wouldn't do it for the photo opportunity. FI grew up with dogs and we've always assumed we'll get a new dog at some point, and he loves golden retrievers. We've gone back at forth about the best time to get a new one, and we would certainly make our decision based on what we know we can handle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards