Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Name Change issue

So i've been married since Oct 6, and within 2 weeks had my name changed on my ss card, my license, my credit cards, my bank accts, and even with my airline rewards programs.

Then, when buying dishes to complete our wedding set at Maceys two weeks ago, I tried applying for their card for a discount. They said they couldn't approve me under my married name, but it went through fine under my maiden name. Like the credit bureaus hadnt heard of me before the other way.

My question is: do I have to somehow update my name with the credit bureaus directly? Or did I just not give the credit card companies long enough to report the update?
Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

Re: Name Change issue

• Options

I’d give it a little more time. It normally takes a billing cycle to process changes. If you already changed with the SSA, DMV, and CC companies, I don’t think you need to contact the bureaus directly.

I do think it was dumb of Macy’s to not accept your new name though.

The process for me was a breeze but I’m a little confused. My actual SS card and drivers license along with my CC’s read my new married name as requested but when my SSN is ran, my name is different, I haven’t had any issues but I’m not sure who to contact. *sigh*

• Options
    The same thing happened to me at Macy's, and I've had my name changed for 3 months. I think it's just a Macy's thing, because I opened up a cc at Ann Taylor Loft in my new name a month or less after I legally changed it. I wouldn't worry about it unless this continues to be a problem.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    And I've carried around a copy of my marriage certificate in cases like that. But give it time, an dit should be fine.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I feel a lot better now!
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    I opened a Kohls cc... Probably 4 days after my name change... And my name was different on my drivers liscense and ss card ( haven't gotten to ss office yet... Too busy at kohls apparently lol). So it sounds like a macys thing for sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards