Flowers
Options

Centerpieces...is variety a bad thing?

I have found several different centerpiece pictures I love: the candles with flowers, the tall vases with tulips and even the vases full of fruit (my colors are hot pink, yellow and green). I will have approximately 10 72" tables plus the cake and food tables. Will it look too busy or is the variety a good thing?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Centerpieces...is variety a bad thing?

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would leave it at two, at the most.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Variety is good but I would suggest limiting yourself to alternating between 2 centerpieces that you like.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having 7 of the same on 7 tables. The other 6 tables will have a different candle centerpiece- but all with black metal finishes and vanilla candles, for example, one lantern, a set of three candle sticks, ect. And after looking at them all- it looks great! Just cohesive enough to pull off but not so standard that it looks like a sea of sameness.
    Realistic Idealist Extrordinaire Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Updated 9/28/10
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to do three centerpieces. A high, medium and low one. My wedding planner told me it would look to busy. HOwever, she said that because I am having damask table runners. I dunno why she said this but she's the wedding planner so...I still like the idea but I am going to trust her. Before I was going to use damask table runners I was going to have two different centerpieces, and she was ok with that so maybe having two won't be an issue. Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    January-January Siggy Challenge "Wedding Bands"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    167 Invited image 147 Ready to pary image 20 Missing the fun image 0 Slacking on responding image RSVP Date: December 1st, 2010
  • Options
    Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely limit it to 2. I'm having 1 low centerpiece and 1 high centerpiece. You could always do something special on your guestbook table or something of the like. HTH!
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pps, fine to alternate, but stick to 2 different types of centerpieces or it looks too haphazard.
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With 10 tables, I think 2 to 3 different centerpieces would be a good target (well, I'd have them all the same, for efficieny's sake ... but that's me).  If you want variety, then mix it up!

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards