Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Wedding Day Anxiety

I suffer from anxiety, big time.  I had an awful attack during a catering meeting and set up meeting at our venue yesterday.  I was so bad the attack continued for hours after we had left the venue.  I've seen a doctor before and tried a bunch of different relaxation techniques.  I don't want to use drugs unless as a last resort.  I'm wondering what everyone did to help reduce their nerves and jitters the day of their wedding.  Any positive suggestions are welcomed. 
Live life to the fullest and love like you've never been hurt or heartbroken. image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wedding Day Anxiety

• Options
    If it's that bad for you, I strongly strongly suggest you see a doctor.  Panic and anxiety attacks are probably not going to be cured easily with meditation or breathing techniques that other people with a lower stress level could do.  If you went to a therapist for a long time, you might be able to get past it without medication but I'd say that what you are describing is much more severe than the average person's anxiety.  I think that if only for this time in your life that medication might be the best bet.  And medication is not a cure all. It takes a long time to find one that works well without side effects, etc.  You should go to the doctor as soon as possible to see what he/she suggests. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards