Chit Chat
Options

Drive-In Movies

2»

Re: Drive-In Movies

• Options
    I went to one once in the early 90s. It was a double feature of So I Married an Axe Murderer and Coneheads. The climax of the first movie was super dark, so you couldn't see what was going on, and The Coneheads was just bad, so we left. I think with the right movie it could be really fun, though.
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:

I don't think there are any within an hour of me. I have been exactly once in 1998- the matrix and 10 things I hate about you.

Jenna, there is one in Leicester. I used to go when I was in college. There is also one in Mendon, which is less than a half hour from me (never been though).

• Options
    We used to have one.  It was awesome.  But I'd never watch from the back seat.  I can't even understand how you would see anything, so unless you're wanting some action back there, I'd go to the theatre.  

• Options
    I remember when my girls were little, back in the 80's ex-h and I took them to the drive-in to see Harry and the Hendersons.  Took them in their PJs and they thought it was the coolest thing ever.
  • Options

jenna8984 said:

I don't think there are any within an hour of me. I have been exactly once in 1998- the matrix and 10 things I hate about you.

Jenna, there is one in Leicester. I used to go when I was in college. There is also one in Mendon, which is less than a half hour from me (never been though).
    Oh its open? I think that's the one I went to in junior high and I was under the impression that its closed down but maybe not!

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

jenna8984 said:

Oh its open? I think that's the one I went to in junior high and I was under the impression that its closed down but maybe not!
    I went in 2003, and I checked and they are playing the Avengers and Cinderella this weekend.

• Options
    I'm late to this, but I LOVE the drive in. And I hate regular movie theaters, so it's the only place I see movies on the big screen. Every summer we go with some friends and pile in the back of DH's truck and it's so much fun. Plus being able to BYOB is awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    CLICKY

If you want to find out where movie theaters were historically in your town.

If you want to find out whether a theater that used to exist, still does.

If you have some time to kill and don't mind doing it on a movie theater website. (That's how the last hour and a half of my Friday went....)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I am totally missing out as I've never been to a drive in movie theater. Must find closest one to me now!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I like drive-ins, but only once or twice a summer. 
  • Options
    I don't miss the old drive-ins.  Lousy sound.  Poor picture.  No air conditioning.  Mosquitoes.

I do miss the classic movie palaces.  There are still a few.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards