Not Engaged Yet
Options

Just Can't Wait Any Longer!

Well, this baby just doesn't seem to want to come meet us quite yet. I've been cool as a cucumber, but even I have to admit I'm getting a little anxious now that we're at 41 weeks today. We've scheduled to be induced tomorrow night if nothing happens before then, so at least I have a deadline. I'm just still really hoping not to have to do the whole pitocin thing. Whatever happens though, I get to meet this amazing little addition to our family by this Friday...and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!

So, to take my mind off things and get me through my last day of work - I want to hear about all the things you ladies "JUST CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!" for. Wedding days, upcoming vacations, exciting things at work/school, summer plans...I want to hear them all! Gush!!

Re: Just Can't Wait Any Longer!

• Options

How exciting @allusive007 you ge to meet your baby by Friday.  I hoping you don't need to be induced at all.

Anniversary

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

Good luck!!! Baby Allusive - it's time for your grand entrance into the world!

My BFF had to be induced for her first. She did Pitocin too. It took a little bit to take hold I guess, but she had her baby and he was 100% healthy and there weren't any major problems during labor. You'll be ok!

• Options
    Come on Baby Allusive, we're all anxious to meet you!! My sister also had pitocin for her first baby, who is now a crazy smart, rambunctious 7 year old... I'll be sending you calming, healthy prayers for the next few days!

I cannot wait any longer to find out what's going on with DHs job. He just put in for new positions yesterday, but we won't find out until July or August!!! And if he didn't get one of those, we'd have to wait until October for the next round. UGH.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    I was watching Friends last night and it was the episode where Rachel was going crazy because the baby wasn't born yet. At least you will be holding baby allusive by this weekend! Just keep bouncing on a yoga ball!

My biggest "I CANNOT WAIT" thing is we started purchasing our tickets for Colorado.  It ended up being cheaper to book one way flights than round trip.  Last night my bf booked the return flight.  He didn't book the flight to get there though because he couldn't decide between the 1st or 2nd.  So we're leaving Colorado June 5th... no idea when we're getting there!?!?!  
  • Options

@Southernpeach89 - I'm so unbelievably excited for you! You're going to be an amazing mama. I wasn't much of a reader/researcher...but I did take a breastfeeding class and I would really recommend it! So much information I didn't know, and I think it will really help me get the best start possible. The anatomy scan is pretty awesome. Just fun to see all of baby - and find out the gender if you're doing that! Can't wait to hear how it all goes. You're getting closer every day!

@labro - Thanks for the encouragement! I know it will be ok whatever happens. I really am trying to be super chill and let things happen as they will. It's always nice to hear about people that have had positive experiences...even if things didn't go as planned.

@Eilis1228 - So many exciting things to look forward to! I can't believe your wedding is getting so close! I'm a HUGE October fan - you're going to have the most beautiful wedding pics at that time of year. Can't wait to see all the details along the way as you make decisions. EEK!

@cu97tiger - July or August! Soooooooooo loooooooooong. I just could not be that patient. Sending all the good vibes to you and DH that the position comes through and you don't have to go through round #2.

@Speakeasy14 - What are your plans while you're here (in CO - the best state ever!)? How exciting to buy plane tickets. I don't care where i'm going...I actually love to fly!

@TwoDimes - CAN'T WAIT for your wedding...and all the May brides as well! Sending bad juju to Minted if they don't get your proof out TODAY!

@Beanbot2002 - Yay for engagement photos and soon to be Save The Dates! I can't wait to see what you design!!

• Options

I can't wait to call FI "husband".

**Swoon**
  • Options
    @allusive007 Aw thank you! I'm paranoid I'm going to miss out on something and then the baby comes and I'll have no idea what to do...which will probably be the case anyways haha. I've heard so many different things about breastfeeding that I'm hoping that this class will give me some really good insight on what to possibly expect. 
  • Options
    @Swazzle - I'm always jealous of your travel adventures! You two take the best trips!! Can't wait to hear all about it and see pics.
  • Options

Responses first...........

@allusive007 - Don't worry. Your baby's just in there getting extra awesome. ;)

@southernpeach89 - It sounds like you're getting yourself super prepared! Congrats on your little banana!

@eilis1228 - Are you doing your dining reservations because they can only be booked so far out? I hope you get some good stuff scheduled! Honeymoon, WOO!!!!

@cu97tiger - Sending your H job vibes!

@Hummingbird125 - Only a few weeks to go! How freaking exciting! Do I know what your honeymoon is? There are just so many gals getting married this year, it's hard to keep track!

@lavenderfields1 - Your wedding is so close! Are you doing your HM right after? Or are you delaying it a bit?

--------------------------------------

I can't wait to go look at a house tonight!!! We didn't even find a realtor yet, but I found a house online that I HAVE to see, so we have an appointment with the listing agent. It was built in 1938 so it's got a really cute classic feel to it, has a huge back yard, a kitchen with TONS of counter space and cabinets, a large living room, a finished basement with carpet (3 floors total), and a separate huge shop. It's at the top end of our budget, but I hope I love it as much in person as I do in the pictures!

Plus, I can't wait to move to Washington! I already work there, so it will be awesome to not have to pay income tax. Plus, houses are so much less expensive. My BF will have to drive further, but in the long run we will be saving money.

• Options
    @AlPacina Disney opens up dining reservations 180 days in advance, and a few of the restaurants fill up almost instantly. It's a little crazy. 

• Options
    @allusive007 we're going out for my bf's cousin's wedding.  That is the 4th, so no other plans yet for while we're out there.  His parents rented a house for all of us right on a golf course, so I'm sure there will be lots of golfing.  And probably lots of brewery tours. -- I just booked our arrival. Tuesday June 2nd. So we'll be there the 2nd-5th, with the 4th really being the day we can't do anything extra. Any other suggestions?
  • Options
    @AlPacino - Were heading to Punta Cana for a week! http://www.breathlessresorts.com/punta-cana

Also - YAY for going to look at a house! That has to be so exciting! On a related note - we just found out that FI's youngest sister and her BF are moving to Portland (the day after our wedding actually!) so I'm excited for an excuse to finally head out that way!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @AlPacina FI took off the week of 6/20-6/27 ( our wedding is the 13th). He thinks the HM should be RIGHT AWAY but I told him there's really only non stop flights on Sat-Sat for the places we're looking at. He has to pick his vaca in Nov or Dec for the next year and couldn't get off any time in June. So then they're allowed to put in for "credit days" which are like vaca days but only 2 months before the date they need. So we had to wait until April to make sure he'd be able to get a week in June! I figured they would give it to him but I was too nervous to book something and then have them say no. So I didn't start looking at anything until even March and now all the nicer all inclusives in our budget are booked. So not sure what the heck we're doing. I'm being too picky.

Good luck with the house!! A good friend of mine has been looking for a house with her H for awhile. They went to an open house on Sunday and loved it and put an offer in right away! They just had the inspection yesterday. It's so exciting!

• Options

@Hummingbird125 - That's so exciting that you'll have a reason to visit Portland! I didn't understand why everyone loved it so much until I moved here. It's especially great for young people. Even moreso if they're young people that enjoy the outdoors and/or dogs and/or craft beer. Are they moving for the location or was there a job offer?

@lavenderfields13 - I totally understand! There is definitely a reason I don't have a vacation planned for me and BF yet. It's intimidating, and I personally have a tough time making firm decisions on stuff when there are multiple variables at play.... And thanks for the luck! If the house is anything like it seems it is online, I will want to make an offer. My BF might take more convincing, since this is the first house we're seeing. But I've personally been scouting online for months and have never seen anything that caught my eye as much as this place! (*Takes deep breath. Reminds self not to fall in love with something I haven't even seen*)

• Options

@lavenderfields13 - Yeah, i've heard a lot of women end up going into labor right before their induction appointment. It's like those sneaky little babies know what's coming and decide "Fine!I'll come out already!" haha. YAY for your upcomming wedding! This last bit of time is so exciting - enjoy every minute!

@GoldenPenguin - TEN DAYS!

• Options
    @Speakeasy14 - Where in CO will you be? What golf course? You can PM me if you don't want to share with everyone. I may have some thoughts if I know where you'll be at!
  • Options
    @lmcooper86 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    @allusive007, pitocin or not your baby is going to be awesome! Think of it this way, your baby is an independent thinker who isn't phased by an eviction notice and is just fashionably late. I can't wait for picture updates and to see which NEY predictions were correct!

@southernpeach89 how exciting about the anatomy scan! I signed up for all the classes too. Infant CPR was my "gateway class" because I wound up signing up for Bradley method, breast feeding, Lamaze, parenting basics, followed by interviews for pediatrician and even daycare shortly after. It's a whirlwind but the classes are fun and meeting other moms to be is really comforting.

@GoldenPenguin SQUEE I can't believe your wedding is in ten days! I am psyched to see your upcoming wedding post (hopefully with a few teaser pics)!
  • Options
    @lmcooper86 - OMG THREE DAYS!!!!! If I forget to say so later this week, let me say so now - I hope you have the best day ever. Enjoy every single moment, because I hear it goes by way too fast. Oh and - pics or it didn't happen.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @allusive007 sending all the vibes! Come on baby allusive! Also, while I don't have any kids, FWIW, I was two weeks late as well, but was born a very healthy baby. I'm sure baby allusive will be too! 

@Imcooper 3 days!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR ALL OF THE NEY WEDDINGS IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS! 

I also can't wait to move into our townhouse, and for our wedding and honeymoon. Oh, and I can't wait for my best friend to come and visit me in August! 

• Options
    i cant wait for:
    1. all the NEY weddings this month (@hummingbird125, @goldenpengiun, @lmcooper86....hope i didnt forget anyone else)
    2. to see pics from @keptinstitches wedding
    3. to find out if @southernpeach89 and @allusive007 are having boys or girls
    4. for my bday tomorrow.
    5. I CANT WAIT to get engaged this summer and start planning a wedding to BF!!!

also cant wait to get out of my freezing office and get into the warm sun! i have to go pick up my car by 7 but i might leave at 2 and work at home just because i have the excuse. my boss doesnt need to know what time the mechanic closes at!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards