Chit Chat
Options

Pet Peeves

edited June 2015 in Chit Chat
I'm sitting here waiting for a friend who was supposed to be at my house 40 minutes ago.

Lateness makes me ragey! I mean WTF? Is your time more valuable than mine?

Your pet peeves?

ETF: typo- I'm also ragey at my auto-correct. Grrrrr!

ETA: he was ultimately 90 minutes late. Ugh.

Re: Pet Peeves

• Options
    Weirdly, when people crack their knuckles or bones. *shivers*

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    That grosses me out @hellohkb.
  • Options
    doeydo said:
    • When you are walking on the sidewalk and there is a group of people walking towards you and they don't move an inch and expect you to walk around them on the road or grass

This drives me nuts!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    People who go through the Starbucks drive through and order their whole 20 person office drinks.

People who don't use their blinker.

People who don't respect my time.

People who don't respect others' time.  

My downstairs neighbor who apparently smokes weed 24/7. Dude, I don't mind it occasionally, but I can literally never have my window open because I'm not getting fresh air, I'm getting your weed air. No thanks.  

People who rush to cut you off in traffic but then proceed to drive 15 mph below the speed limit. 

• Options
    Anything that has to do with hearing food in people's mouths.... i.e.- loud chewers, hearing someone going crazy with chips or other crunchy foods, people talking with their mouth full....  ugh.  It literally makes me ragey :)
  • Options
    Being cat called when I'm just trying to go about my daily life, especially when said cat callers follow me out of an establishment to my car...

People that are constantly on a power trip.

When people take up more than one parking spot. Like, seriously? Who TF do you think you are?
    ^^ I suppose I really just get pissy when people have a misplaced sense of entitlement.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Wegl13Wegl13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    People that give strangers shitty pet advice at the dog park. Sometimes it's like I'm listening to the Internet IRL.
  • Options
    Wegl13 said:
    People that give strangers shitty pet advice at the dog park. Sometimes it's like I'm listening to the Internet IRL.
    Ugh. That's the worst. I used to work as a veterinary technician, and the things people say sometimes just make my skin crawl...

• Options

I hate so many of the things above- specifically lateness and the pet advice.

I also hate when people say suntan lotion instead of sunscreen or sunblock. If it's tanning lotion/oil, it's like SPF 5, and therefore not preventing a burn. I don't know why this bothers me so much though.

• Options
    I don't like when people give me advice about god, because I'm atheist.

For example, a woman in my office was talking to me about an issue and I said I was kind of stressed about it. She said, "Well that's when you need to let go and let God." I just kind of smiled and had no idea what to say.

I don't want to offend people or seem disrespectful to their beliefs but it's also really uncomfortable for me to sit there and pretend I'm going along with the god thing. There's a reason they say not to talk about religion or politics.
  • Options

For example, a woman in my office was talking to me about an issue and I said I was kind of stressed about it. She said, "Well that's when you need to let go and let God." I just kind of smiled and had no idea what to say.

I don't want to offend people or seem disrespectful to their beliefs but it's also really uncomfortable for me to sit there and pretend I'm going along with the god thing. There's a reason they say not to talk about religion or politics.
    I think in my head I automatically convert these statements to something like "Well that's when you need to let go and let whatever happens happen/let nature take its course/let things work themselves out" because I think they're just trying to make me feel better by saying there's nothing else I can do about the particular issue.
  • Options

I think in my head I automatically convert these statements to something like "Well that's when you need to let go and let whatever happens happen/let nature take its course/let things work themselves out" because I think they're just trying to make me feel better by saying there's nothing else I can do about the particular issue.
    I understand the sentiment, and I understand that she was trying to be helpful so it's not like I took offense or anything. But it still made me uncomfortable. And that's just one minor example.

I mean, I would never approach someone in my office whose religious beliefs I knew nothing about and say, "Well, hope for good karma or something. Don't bother praying since god isn't real."
  • Options

I feel the same way. I never know what to say and it always turns into a smile with a nervous little laugh and then either a subject change or I go back to what I'm doing. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    People who stop in the middle- of the sidewalk, stairway, subway car entrance. I understand you are a tourist and you're confused, but moving out of the way isn't a difficult concept.
  • Options
    I'm annoyed when drivers don't comprehend the concept that the left lane isn't the fast lane.   It's the passing lane!   If someone behind you wants to move faster, move over - it's ILLEGAL for you not to!

Now that it's summer and I live in a town with a population that explodes with tourists for the next few months, I'm going to be annoyed at those who don't pay attention to the local signs / roads.   If it's a one way road - don't drive the wrong way.   If you're in a bicycle, you're not exempt from those rules. 
  • Options
    People who stop in the middle- of the sidewalk, stairway, subway car entrance. I understand you are a tourist and you're confused, but moving out of the way isn't a difficult concept.
    Yes! I hate this. I was leaving a store earlier today and there was a group of people that were stopped and blocking the ENTIRE exit, just chatting with each other. WTF? You seriously couldn't have walked a few more feet and moved over to the side? You really need to block an entire exit? Me and three other people were standing there with our carts trying to get out, and kept saying excuse me, and this group was totally oblivious.
  • Options
    Yes! I hate this. I was leaving a store earlier today and there was a group of people that were stopped and blocking the ENTIRE exit, just chatting with each other. WTF? You seriously couldn't have walked a few more feet and moved over to the side? You really need to block an entire exit? Me and three other people were standing there with our carts trying to get out, and kept saying excuse me, and this group was totally oblivious.

UGH! I would have been seething! After about the 3rd excuse me, I'd walk through the middle of them and let them know that they were a bunch of obnoxious pricks...or at least that's what I'd do in my head...

• Options
    •When people say should of instead of should've.  AGHHHHHHH!
    •Men with long fingernails
    •infants with pierced ears
    •clothes on small dogs
    •people who dress like the people of walmart
    •people who tailgate... when I pass the car next to me, I assure you, I will get over.  Just because you are driving 20 mph faster than me, doesn't mean I will drive faster than I am comfortable. Wait a minute, and I will get over.
    • People who merge onto the highway and get into the middle or left lane.  You just got here... what makes you think you are all ready going that fast to pass someone?
    •People who still have mullets... how do you not know?
  • Options
    People who call women "females," especially when they consciously mean it in a derogatory way.  

• Options
    When people give me unsolicited wedding planning advice, which seems to be happening a lot lately as my date approaches. And about 85% of the time, the advice is littered with bad etiquette (while the other 15% are stupid pinterest - mason jar ideas).

"Make a donation instead of doing favors!" 
    "Don't worry about pleasing your guests, this day is about you!!" 
    and this recent gem: "don't go around to every table to thank every person... you'll miss your whole reception!"

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    -People who don't walk on the right side of the aisle and disrupt the flow of traffic.
    -Loud chewers.
    -People who get mad when you're on time. MIL is the worst. She will say to be at the house by 1 pm. It's 12:50 pm and DH and I are not there yet and she calls us. Woman, we live 5 minutes away. Chill.

• Options
    People who text all the way through concerts or sporting events!

You paid a boatload of money for your ticket and you're spending time on your phone rather than enjoying the live entertainment in front of you?

The exception is if you want to record a part of your favorite song... once or twice. But don't spend the entire event on your fucking phone. 

• Options
    emmaaa said:
    -People who don't walk on the right side of the aisle and disrupt the flow of traffic.
    -Loud chewers.
    -People who get mad when you're on time. MIL is the worst. She will say to be at the house by 1 pm. It's 12:50 pm and DH and I are not there yet and she calls us. Woman, we live 5 minutes away. Chill.
    Kind of in relation to this, my parents live an hour and a half away, so when I go to their house I text them when I leave my house. It takes the same amount of time, every time i drive there, so they know when to expect me. But EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I get about 20 minutes away and get bombarded by texts from my dad, like "What time do you think you're gonna get here?" 

And every single time, I ignore the texts. And then I get to their house and he bitches that I ignored his texts, which really pisses me off. I always say, "You knew I was driving. I can't text while I'm driving!" Ugh. 

• Options
    emmaaa said:
    -Loud chewers.

Ah I really hate this! FFIL (who I love, btw) does this all the time to FI and me. They live an hour away and we leave an hour+ in order to get there on time, and he'll still call FI before our schedule arrival time to ask where we are, even though we always show up on time. 

And branching off of this, I get annoyed when people show up too early to parties. This happens all the time at my mom and step dad's parties. They'll say 4pm and will literally run around the house getting ready and then at 4pm on the dot, they're ready. They love to entertain and so anytime they have a party, it always turns out that someone shows up too early, like 15-30 minutes too early. I'll be at the house helping out and while my mom is doing last minute makeup touch-ups and my step dad is out grabbing extra bags of ice, I have to entertain these early jerks while they joke that my mother is always running late. If you showed up when my mom said to show up, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    peachy13 said:
    emmaaa said:
    -Loud chewers.

Ah I really hate this! FFIL (who I love, btw) does this all the time to FI and me. They live an hour away and we leave an hour+ in order to get there on time, and he'll still call FI before our schedule arrival time to ask where we are, even though we always show up on time. 

And branching off of this, I get annoyed when people show up too early to parties. This happens all the time at my mom and step dad's parties. They'll say 4pm and will literally run around the house getting ready and then at 4pm on the dot, they're ready. They love to entertain and so anytime they have a party, it always turns out that someone shows up too early, like 15-30 minutes too early. I'll be at the house helping out and while my mom is doing last minute makeup touch-ups and my step dad is out grabbing extra bags of ice, I have to entertain these early jerks while they joke that my mother is always running late. If you showed up when my mom said to show up, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    I have family members who do this.   And I LOVE THEM but I don't understand why they think it's smart to show up early.   I had a bridal shower and baby shower and I was on time or early to both.   In both cases, there were family member guests who showed up early.   When I brought that up to my aunt (one of the offenders) she said, "You're supposed to show up early" 

WTF??   No.   The party starts at the time on the invitation.   You show up at the time on the invitation.  I love her dearly but that's one of her quirks. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    peachy13 said:
    emmaaa said:
    -Loud chewers.

I have family members who do this.   And I LOVE THEM but I don't understand why they think it's smart to show up early.   I had a bridal shower and baby shower and I was on time or early to both.   In both cases, there were family member guests who showed up early.   When I brought that up to my aunt (one of the offenders) she said, "You're supposed to show up early" 

WTF??   No.   The party starts at the time on the invitation.   You show up at the time on the invitation.  I love her dearly but that's one of her quirks. 
    We had people show up to our wedding more than TWO HOURS EARLY. Stuff was still being set up, I was still strolling around trying to help out with final details, the ceremony space was not ready, I look over, and here comes these two wedding guests. We had snacks and soft drinks set out and ready to go about an hour before the start-time, because a lot of vendors warned me that it was normal for some people to start showing up about 45 minutes or so early. But over 2 hours early??? Come on! 
  • Options
    Sort of an off-shoot of the timeliness thing, but when H doesn't actually pay attention to my plans. Yesterday I had an appointment at 11:30 to check out of my old apartment. I left around 10:00 to make sure everything was out/cleaned and make sure my old roommate was all out. I know I mentioned my plan to head over early at least twice to H. At 11:20 he texts me asking when I'm going to be home. I told you it wasn't even going to start until 11:30! Hold your horses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards