Not Engaged Yet
Options

Wild Wednesday

Morning, ladies! 

We had some wild storms last night. I ended up having to do 35MPH on the way home from work (as opposed to 80) because I couldn't seen through my windshield from the sudden down pour. Luckily, it doesn't look like there was any damage to my neighborhood but I know others weren't so fortunate. My mom was without power all night and some of my family in PA is still without. 

I made my 5th Blue Apron dish last night: Spring Pea Gnocchi with Parmesan and Garlic Scape Sauce. This dish was not a success. Well, the sauce wasn't. I added the parmesan and it promptly turned into a ball of melted cheese which immediately hardened and turned to rubber when the heat was off. As H and I were vigorously trying to whisk it back to normal, I got a text from @GoldenPenguin saying "My gnocchi is NOT going well." So, we had the exact same sauce crisis at the exact same moment which cracked me up. I ended up discarding the weird ball of cheese and serving it with just the liquid part of the sauce and it was ok. Not my favorite. GoldenPenguin and I watched PLL and texted throughout and then I headed to bed fairly early. 

Big Brother premieres tonight! I am SO excited! If you know me at all or if you've been around here the last few summers then you know I LIVE for this show. It's the highlight of my summer. I'm so glad I got @hummingbird125 and @buddysmom80 into it so I finally have people to discuss it with!

H has a tattoo appointment after work so I'll be on my own tonight which I'm actually looking forward to! A girl needs some alone time every now and then. I'm going to grill some of the leftover chicken skewers that everyone raved over at my party and make a small salad on the side with a fresh tomato from SFIL's garden. BB starts at 8 so I'll be on my couch, with wine, while I text the girls throughout :) 

Anything wild happening on your Wednesday? 
Plans for dinner tonight?
Emotional outbursts?

Re: Wild Wednesday

• Options
    That sucks about your cheese sauce, @Swazzle & @GoldenPenguin!

Yesterday was so busy for me after work.  I got the tertrazzini and watermelon over to my friend's house... got to visit with her little girls and sit and talk about how much surgery on that part of your body sucks.  Did NOT feel like cooking, so I asked H to pick up a gyro salad for dinner.  Thankfully they are huge so I have more gyro salad for lunch!  YES!

The house was so cluttered and it was bugging me, so that is what I did last night.  I cleaned up the house.  And we went to bed at 8:45.  Being an adult is so exciting.

Anything wild happening on your Wednesday?  I can't think of anything...  today should be pretty tame.  I'm wearing a pencil skirt today that I haven't worn in a few months.  I'm worried it makes my butt look really big, but H doesn't get why I try to cover it up.  So, I guess I'm showing off all the junk in my trunk today.  Feeling a little self-conscious!  

Plans for dinner tonight?  Going to broil the chicken drumsticks that I meant to do last night + Greek salad.

Emotional outbursts?  Nope!  I'm still feeling pretty emotionally stable.  Although my coffee is half-gone so when it's out I might have a small tantrum.
  • Options
    EMOTIONAL OUTBURST: 

My coworker who sits directly behind me, like 4 feetish, is playing music on his computer. Ok, fine, no problem. But he is doing that weird whistle thing THROUGH HIS TEETH and it's driving me FUCKING insane. 

• Options
    @Swazzle Eeek I hope your family gets power back soon! Those storms are scary!

@CocoBellaF A gyro salad sounds yummy! I don't think I've ever had one of those.

So I didn't end up going to CrossFit yesterday because I was just not feeling the workout they had planned so I stayed home and did Insanity and extra lunges. Tonight though, we are doing a Partner WOD so I'll definitely be there.

So yesterday I told DH that we should have his buddy and his wife over for dinner soon now that our house is put together and he texted me back asking how about this Friday?!? I'm like, "That was quick lol." So now I have to scramble and get the house cleaned and think of a menu for Friday. Since we have wood floors now, Maddux's hair shows up like crazy so quickly so I have to basically sweep and mop multiple times a week so it doesn't look like our house is one big fur ball.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I just had a small emotional outburst!  H's little cousins, F (boy), G (girl), and C (girl) are like our nieces and nephews.  We get all sorts of hugs and love from them whenever we see him.  H used to live with their mom (when she only had G and F was a baby) when we were dating, so I've seen them grow up.  F turned 8 yesterday and his mom posted some pictures from their dinner and presents with his grandparents and little cousins...  I just started crying because F is so cute and he is the sweetest little boy and he got all kinds of soccer gear (he's on one of those special teams that travel around the country) and OMG HE IS THE CUTEST EVER and I just started crying.  

I have got to get a grip.

ETA:  I just thought I'd add that this is the part of H's family here in the area that made me feel like I was family, instead of a random white girl.  They treat me as their own and I love them all dearly.  Some of H's family has not been welcoming, so I am especially close to this part!
  • Options
    @swazzle Yes! That storm was kinda crazy. No damage here, but tons of lightning and downpours. I'm sorry your dinner didn't turn out well. How are blue apron's portion sizes? My FI needs like 2 servings lol

@cocobellaf mmm gyro salad sounds delicious!

Last night's meeting with the officiant and his wife went very well, despite the shitstorm outside that made the ride over there kind of suck. FI and I got into an argument after on the ride home though because we have another appointment today and he is just annoyed by having to leave work early again. He started his job a couple of months ago so he doesn't want to look bad- but I really think it's important for him to come to the FINAL meetings with vendors. 

Tonight is super important because it's the final meeting with our venue and wedding planner. I just want everything to go well so I can relax. 
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - I've been playing around with trying an Insanity work out...  When I started to get migraines, they thought it was from doing too much exercise and that's when I was doing Insanity.  So I switched to PiYo.  Which work out did you do?
  • Options
    @cocobella - I always feel like such an old lady when I look around and just start cleaning. That sounds so silly to say out loud. But Sunday morning, I woke up before H and went down to let Lucy out and realized I really needed to clean my kitchen which ended up including my dining room, living room, and both bathrooms. 

@southernpeach89 - Are you guys into grilling? If so, I highly recommend the chicken skewer recipe :) 

@500days - H and I think the portions are fine but if your FI generally eats 2 full servings then it probably wouldn't be enough for him. They're like normal-size portions, not like giant, American-size portions. H and I have never been super stuffed but neither of us has been hungry after dinner, either. 

• Options
    @southernpeach89 I love wood floors. I've always thought they were the best for pet hair. I can't stand carpet- it really grosses me out. Like even if it appears clean to the eye, I know there's a ton of germs just creeping around in there. 
  • Options
    @Swazzle - I swear, there is something about having a clean house.  At least if it's not scrubbed (because I didn't do the floors or anything), just to have clean counters, a clean kitchen space and living area makes such a difference.  I guess that makes me officially old and un-cool, but I don't care!
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF -I did the Max Plyometrics workout...it's about 55 minutes long including stretching. It was pretty good. Instead of doing all the jumping, I did air squats and lunges so I felt like I got a good workout in.

@Swazzle Yes! We love grilling! Except our grill has been doing something strange lately and won't ignite? It's super weird, it just started doing this last week and we can't figure out why.

@500days I like them too, I just think it's a pain in the butt to clean them almost every day. 
  • Options
    @Swazzle We had the crazy weather too. BF was getting out of the shower when the thunder and lightning started and wanted me to go cover the grill. I was like "the rain is coming though!!" and he's stuck his head out the window and said "no it's not raining." So I went outside to do it, and no sooner did I step outside did it start to DOWNPOUR and I was stuck in it trying to cover the damn grill!! 

@CocoBellaF Gyro salad sounds delicious! 

@SouthernPeach89 I hear you on the dog hair. It's everywhere! Our whole house is light wood floors and there is dog tumble weeds all over. I vacuum once a week but it probably should be more than that.

@500days Hope everything goes well with all the final meetings! You're so close!!

Anything wild happening on your Wednesday? Not really. Work has been super stressful lately so I'm just trying to get through the days. My boss sucks and keeps pressing work on me and my coworker so the atmosphere in our office is so tense and it sucks! 

Plans for dinner tonight? Not too sure. Depends on the weather what we do. If it's nice later then most likely London Broil on the grill, if it's raining most likely pasta. 

Emotional outbursts? Just the usual. You know that video of the kid who goes " roarrrrrrrr" then "mrr" in the dinosaur shirt??? That's my mood today.
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @caseface5 - I feel like you need some dinosaur love in your life today.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Oo19imJWN_M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If the embed doesn't work, see here:  LINK
  • Options
    @Hummingbird125 I hope you get Friday off!! I can't wait to see your carpet in your living room! I bet it's going to look awesome!
  • Options
    LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    @CocoBellaF it didn't work  :( But thank you for trying!!!

ETA: I clicked the link, that is so funny! I would be terrified! LOL. Thank you!

Unrelated question: Friends of ours got married almost two years ago. We go out with them maybe once or twice every few months. On FB the wife has her maiden name. It's also on her credit cards, work profile (I work with the company she works for), and last night she texted BF and said first name, maiden name. However, they have sent us cards, including a Christmas card that said "love The 'Husband's last name'" How should I approach this when addressing them things? I don't want to offend her, but I'm confused at what her last name is!!! 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    caseface5 said:
    @CocoBellaF it didn't work  :( But thank you for trying!!!

Unrelated question: Friends of ours got married almost two years ago. We go out with them maybe once or twice every few months. On FB the wife has her maiden name. It's also on her credit cards, work profile (I work with the company she works for), and last night she texted BF and said first name, maiden name. However, they have sent us cards, including a Christmas card that said "love The 'Husband's last name'" How should I approach this when addressing them things? I don't want to offend her, but I'm confused at what her last name is!!! 
    @caseface5 If you're addressing their family, I would just say "The Blank Family" on the letter envelope if you're mailing them something.

If you're just mailing her then maybe use the name that she uses on a regular basis with work, social media, etc...

That's what I would do at least.
  • Options
    @caseface5 I would just ask her what last name she is going by now. Maybe she just hasn't gone to SS/DMV/whatever to legally change to his last name? My cousin's wife is hyphenated (like she made a point to tell everyone that and it's on her fb) but when she sent back the RSVP card for her and my cousin she put his last name and didn't include her hyphenated name. I was a little surprised/confused. 
  • Options
    @swazzle and @goldenpenguin, sorry the gnocchi didn't go well.
    @cocobellaf, mmm gyro salad. I'm jealous!
    @hummingbird125, yay for redoing the living room!
    @twodimes, d'aww!
    ---
    Anything wild happening on your Wednesday? Not really. Lots of review to do. Working late. Quiz tomorrow in class. The switch for one of the rear power windows in my car broke last night, so H is ordering a replacement and he'll install that when it gets here.
    Plans for dinner tonight? Probably not. Maybe a light snack. I need to get back into eating right - what was working for me before was eating a heavier lunch ("heavier" = lots of fruits and veggies and some protein) and very light supper.
    Emotional outbursts? No ... and stop encouraging me to have them!
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - HERE is the recipe! The weird bacon mush basically makes the dish. Every single person at my party was raving over them. I'm so excited for my dinner :)

@hummingbird125 - I can't wait to see pics of the rug! I think an emotional outburst can be anything you want it to be. Happy, sad, angry, frustrated, excited, etc.

@caseface5 - If you need it for addressing something and she's stated in the past that her full name is First name Maiden name then go with that. If you didn't directly ask her, then you can just do that. 

• Options
    Thank you @Swazzle, @SouthernPeach89 and @500days. I mentioned asking her outright last night and BF thought it might be rude, so I wanted to check first. Thanks! I will ask her on the fourth when she comes over. 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @Swazzle Thanks! I think I have an idea of what I might do. If our grill starts to magically work by Friday then I can do those chicken skewers and shrimp tacos? I think that sounds yum!

@minskat30 Well I like @swazzle 's idea of the chicken skewers and I've also asked DH to choose between Firecracker Shrimp tacos with a corn avocado salsa or Santa Fe Turkey stuffed peppers. We shall see which one he chooses. Then I'll just need to decide based on the main course what we should do for appetizers. They offered to bring dessert.
  • Options
    @twodimes, we let our guests know late-night snacks were coming.
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - I used Zazzle for my invites, but that was in 2011.  I was able to get samples in blocks of 10.  I still had to pay, but not much.  In fact, I just logged back in and there are options to buy 1 or 10 invites.  Do you have a Zazzle account?  That might make a difference.
  • Options
    @minskat30 - I wanted -- and tried -- to eat it but it was like RUBBER. Such a waste, such a disappointment, so sad. Ugh that's the worst! Lucy is usually good at night (that dog LOVES to sleep) but my cats are usually the ones that wake/keep me up. So frustrating! I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight!

• Options
    edited June 2015
    @TwoDimes - Maybe that's it then...?

ETA:  Can I come eat food at your wedding?  KTHXBYE.
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - The menu looks and sounds incredible! I want to eat all the foods! I've never used Zazzle so I have no advice for that. I would include the late night snack on the menu as a heads up. 

• Options
    @TwoDimes I would like to know it was coming. I like how you put "late night snack" but didn't say what it is so the surprise is still there. Also, NOM! 
    friends tv show funy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards