Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thirsty Thursday

Morning! 

Last night, I grilled some BBQ chicken skewers, drank sweet tea vodka and lemonade, and texted with my fellow BB-addicts for the premiere! Does anyone else here watch? 

I have to get through 9.5 hours and then I'll be making my way to meet up with @hummingbird125 and hopefully @buddysmom80 for the BB party. There's going to be a ton of past houseguests and I AM SO EXCITED I COULD PEE. 

H got another tattoo last night. It's on his elbow: 

I really like it a lot. I especially like that the artist used the similar colors that he used on the last tattoo which is next to it on his forearm. His left arm is almost completely covered now!

Favorite beverage (alcoholic or non) at the moment? 
Will you be partaking in thirsty Thursday this evening? 
What are 3 shows you're really into right now?
EMOTIONAL OUTBURSTS (of all kinds)!

Re: Thirsty Thursday

• Options
    I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE BIG BROTHER PARTY WITH @SWAZZLE AND @BUDDYSMOM80!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other news, my boss sucks and for some unknown reason denied my request to use a vacation day tomorrow. I was seriously upset about it yesterday, because I never expected him to say no, but my wonderfully sweet H brought home a bunch of good sushi and edamame and opened a bottles of wine. He's seriously the best, and sushi solves most problems.

Anyways,

Favorite beverage (alcoholic or non) at the moment?  The wine I can't stop drinking = Hazlitt Red Cat.
    Will you be partaking in thirsty Thursday this evening? Obviously.
    What are 3 shows you're really into right now? BIG BROTHER, The Bachelorette, and Veep (just ended its season)
    EMOTIONAL OUTBURSTS (of all kinds)! Yesterday, when I found out I couldn't take off tomorrow. I was frustrated and pissed off.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @Hummingbird125 That totally sucks about your boss not approving your vacation day for tomorrow. SUPER LAME!!
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - Pics or it didn't happen (re: living room curtains)! That is so awesome your friend is custom making the curtains! I love the quilt so I'm sure the curtains will be gorgeous if they match.

@hummingbird125 - I am so annoyed for you about tomorrow.That's bullshit. Unless you go to work tomorrow and find out you're getting a giant raise and 3 more weeks of vacation time, that is bullshit. 

• Options
    My Emotional Outburst:

H gets home tonight - he was in training.

I'm hoping today stays a little more quiet at work.  I've been trying to keep up as much as possible.

As far as 3 shows - nothing is really on right now besides PLL.  H and I have been watching Dead Like Me but we're almost done with it (I watched most of the show awhile ago, but never saw ALL of them - I love George, her sarcasm reminds me of me).

Favorite Drink at the moment - I don't think I really have one.  I've been hitting the Diet Mt Dew quite heavy lately.

I will not be partaking in Thirsty Thursday - I'm rarely drink to be honest.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @Swazzle I will definitely take a picture tonight!! I didn't even think about it last night.
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 @Swazzle - Thank you :-* Even though I've been here for over a year I'm still not used to having so much less paid time off than I used to have, or to having any day off requests denied. It blows.

However, my boss isn't in today (like he hasn't been in 8 out of the past 10 workdays), so I'm going to forget my annoyance at having to work tomorrow and treat myself to an oreo coffee the minute I get a chance to sneak out for a few :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@swazzle I'm dying for some sweet tea vodka and lemonade... I miss wine too.  Have fun tonight!

I'm at work early this morning.  I have a half a day at work.  This afternoon is our 12 weeks scan meeting with the doctor and geneticist.  I'm super excited and nervous.  I just want a healthy baby.  I don't know if we will be able to find out the sex today but we'll probably be getting the bloodwork done to check for any genetic issue and to find that out, so I should know soon. 

Hopefully I get home from it early enough to stop at the veggie market and maybe get in for a haircut.  My hair is gross, I need a color too, but I'm waiting until after studying to get some highlights. 

Favorite beverage (alcoholic or non) at the moment?  Ginger ale I miss wine
    Will you be partaking in thirsty Thursday this evening? Probably just water like always
    What are 3 shows you're really into right now? I haven't been watching any TV really I've been trying to keep up with So You Think You Can Dance.  H & I want to start watching this season of True Dective though. It looks interesting, we didn't watch the 1st season.
    EMOTIONAL OUTBURSTS (of all kinds)!  None I've been in a pretty good mood since the start of the week.  My biggest gripe is idiot drivers on my way into work.  Nothing that honking my horn and giving someone the finger can't solve.

Anniversary

• Options
    @Hummingbird125 YUMMM Oreo coffee!!! I need to indulge in one of those before it gets too close to my glucose test.
  • Options
    @Swazzle - I like the colors and pattern of your H's tattoo!
    @Hummingbird125 - Your boss sucks.  :(

Favorite beverage (alcoholic or non) at the moment?  I love raspberry ginger ale and these mango LaCroix drinks lately.

Will you be partaking in thirsty Thursday this evening?  Nope!  I have to teach music lessons and work out.

What are 3 shows you're really into right now?  Parts Unknown, Friends, and I can't think of a 3rd one right now.

EMOTIONAL OUTBURSTS (of all kinds)!  Last night during sexy-time, my H and I were kissing and there was a weird slurping noise, so we were cracking up and H called it his Neanderthal kiss (I don't EVEN know).  We couldn't quit laughing and making Neanderthal kiss/sexy-time jokes and my abs are sore today from laughing so much.  That's sad.  I need to do more core work outs, obviously.  Oh, and there was a beetle in my office.  I had a small outburst but my neighbor killed it for me so everything is good now.
  • Options
    @Swazzle I love your H's tattoo. BF wants a sleeve so bad, but he has no clue what he would get on it, so he is still tattoo-less.

@SouthernPeach89 I wish to see curtain pics too!! Also it's awesome that your mom's friend is making you curtains!!

@Hummingbird125 Sorry you didn't get the day off. Hopefully your night with @swazzle and @buddysmom80 will make up for it. 

@Dignity100 I hope you have a quiet day!

@peaseblossom55 Hope everything goes well at the Dr. Appt!! 

Favorite beverage (alcoholic or non) at the moment? I've been drinking mostly coffee with skim, and water because of WW, so really any time I have extra points for alcohol, that drink is my favorite. Example, last night it was Bud Light.

Will you be partaking in thirsty Thursday this evening? Yes, I am going to pick up wine on the way home, I have my party tonight so I have an excuse!

What are 3 shows you're really into right now? We're currently watching America's Got Talent, I'm watching So You Think You Can Dance, and BF is making me watch WWE Monday Night Raw with him.

EMOTIONAL OUTBURSTS (of all kinds)! HA! I had an outburst on my mom last night. She tried to back out of my party. I only had two guests, her and my aunt, so I told her she has to come. It was a quick one and it blew over very quick!

If today could fly by and be over quick that would be nice. I want this party to be over and done with. I also can't wait until tomorrow because it's the start of our summer half day Friday's. We have some fun stuff planned for the weekend so I just want it to get here already!! 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @swazzle- The artwork on that tattoo is awesome!

@hummingbird125 - That sucks about your vacation request, did he give a reason? Also, didn't he take ages to respond to the request? That's not particularly professional.

@peaseblossom55 - Ooh, how exciting for the scan! Details as soon as you have them, please! Also, my hair is TERRIBLE. I don't know why I am procrastinating getting it cut (as I put that on my to-do list for today!

I went for a run last night, so it was nice not to have to get up early for any reason this morning. My legs are crazy sore, so I need to remember to get up every so often and stretch. I'm already looking forward to a coke and I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll probably lose zero weight by my birthday (8 weeks from today!!) but I'll be stronger and healthier and that's all that really matters.

Favorite beverage (alcoholic or non) at the moment? 
    White wine

Will you be partaking in thirsty Thursday this evening? 
    Yessirreebob... I'm having dinner with the lovely CSchiano :)

What are 3 shows you're really into right now?
    Orphan Black, Nashville, Friends

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @caseface5 - A wrestler from the WWE is on this season of BB. 

• Options
    @caseface5 - My H used to really be into WWE (not so much since it's been soccer season).  I sat through many nights of Monday Night Raw and other wrestling stuff.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    New emotional outburst - There are TWO brown recluse spiders in the bathroom. 

There was lots of this happening:
  • Options
    @Swazzle that's cool! I just looked him up, doesn't look familiar. 

@CocoBellaF I can't lie and say I hate it. I get all into the back stories and it is pretty entertaining. Some parts are just stupid, but it's not terrible to watch. BF used to watch it with his dad, so since his dad has passed, he really got back into it, and told me that he appreciates me getting into it with him, for that reason. So I have a lot of WWE viewing in my future, including attending the PPV match in Boston in December. LOL. 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @caseface5 - I make fun of it and sometimes H bans me from the room because I'm "ruining the experience".  Ha.
  • Options

NOPE.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options

friends tv show funy
  • Options

@cu97tiger I've been lazy and mostly focusing on studying so things like hair, mani, pedi's have fallen by the wayside.  I'll post details when I know!

@beanbot2002 that is so awesome about bean's new coach and team.  So exciting!

Anniversary

• Options
    @hummingbird125 - your boss sucks. can you WFH at least?

@cocobellaf - 2 spiders? time to call it a day.

@peaseblossom55 - good luck with the doctor today! keep us posted!

Favorite beverage (alcoholic or non) at the moment? water (im pathetic). i am feeling bloated and trying to chug as much as possible.

Will you be partaking in thirsty Thursday this evening? with water, yes.

What are 3 shows you're really into right now? Real Housewives of Orange County, Celebrity Family Feud, Teen Mom 2 (it doesnt come back until July 9 but im already really into it, so that counts).

positive outburst:  I SAW NKOTB, NELLY, AND TLC LAST NIGHT AND IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!

negative outburst: why is my cousin asking me 3 days before his wedding to do a reading at the ceremony? but thankfully he did because that led to a conversation where he mentioned that we need to be at the ceremony 2 hours early for pics. i never would have known otherwise and would have missed the pictures. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER COUSIN!!!!!!!! you're almost 40 years old. UGH.

• Options
    My co-worker is in a pissy mood is behind on some stuff, so I'm taking over for outline some procedures, but it's based off of some processes he created and is using.  I'm not 100% familiar with his steps, so this will be fun.... is it noon yet?

Anniversary

• Options
    update on annoying cousin: i asked if he would be providing a copy of the reading. he says "no can you print it out? we have a lot going on". am i crazy to find this incredibly annoying?

if you're not going to provide a copy, you should at least make a point to proactively communicate that instead of me having to ask you. otherwise i would have assumed you were going to provide it and would have showed up empty handed. GR.
  • Options
    @Swazzle Love the tattoo! You should post pics of all y'all's tattoos!

@southernpeach89 Awww that is so sweet of your mom's friend! 

@hummingbird125 WHAT?! Did he at least provide a reason as to why you can't take tomorrow off? 

@Dignity100 Oh my gosh, Diet Mt. Dew got me through grad school. Haven't touched it since then, but I swear it's more energizing and tastier than the normal Mt. Dew.

@peaseblossom55 Awww that's so exciting that you get to see Baby Peaseblossom! Hooray for 12 weeks! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes by smoothly and quickly.

@caseface5 My favorite diet-friendly alcoholic beverage is a vodka water with Mio flavoring. The only calories in the drink are from the shot of vodka, and the Mio flavoring can make the drink taste whichever flavor you like best. 

@cu97tiger I know you know this, but the number on the scale means nothing. As long as you are stronger, healthier, and FEEL better, that's all that matters. :) Plus, I mean, all of the insane muscle you're building at CrossFit is throwing off your weight anyways. Don't read too much into the scale.

@beanbot2002 Glad Bean has a good coach!

@CocoBellaF Oh HELL NO! I would have burned the place to the ground... or just screamed like a banshee lol. I do NOT mess with spiders. *shivers*

@KeptInStitches Aw, I'm sorry for your BFF. That's rough. :( I'm glad you're in her corner.

@jenjen047 Oh my god, if I'm still putting together my ceremony and schedule 3 days before the wedding, please slap me. Wow. That's really sweet of you to accept the request! What will you be reading?
    ---------------------
    Favorite beverage (alcoholic or non) at the moment? Herbal tea. I drink it every morning... can't function without it. Today I'm drinking a Harvest Pear tea, but my favorite recently has been a caffeinated peppermint black tea. It's only available around the holidays though, so I'm trying to hoard it.
    Will you be partaking in thirsty Thursday this evening? Nope, I rarely drink. I don't crave alcohol anymore when I'm alone. At parties, sure. Alone, nah.
    What are 3 shows you're really into right now? I don't know if I can list 3 shows lol. Right now FI and I are watching the first season of OITNB. I just finished my second viewing of New Girl and am impatiently waiting on Netflix to add the newest season. Before that I rewatched all of Parks and Rec... I normally marathon shows on Netflix. We don't have cable, so I just watch one show at a time all the way through on Netflix.
    EMOTIONAL OUTBURSTS (of all kinds)! Um... I was really excited that FI wanted to plan our weekend in San Francisco. One less thing for me to worry about. We originally planned to just wing it and see what we got up to, but Pride starts on Sunday, and we'll be right in the middle of it. We figured we'll need a plan of what we want to do and where we want to go because SF will be jam packed full of people. 

I'm at work early today to try and wrap everything up before I leave for SF tomorrow. It's the end of the fiscal year, so I've been trying to reconcile billing issues for the past few days. Today's plans:
    -Get allergy shots
    -Wrap up as much as possible at work
    -CLEAN APARTMENT
    -Go to gym
    -Pack

• Options
    @eilis1228 - its a Jewish blessing, i think. i dont mind so much having to print it out but wish he had communicated that proactively and was explicit on the exact text i need to print. instead i am going back and forth with him to make sure i print out exactly what i need.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards