Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thirsty Thursday

Re: Thirsty Thursday

• Options
    edited June 2015
    @eilis1228 thank you!! I like Baby Peaseblossom it's a cute nn.  If it's a he, I'd think he'd disagree though. -)  Have a great time in SF!!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited June 2015
    @labro thank you!

Anniversary

• Options
    eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    @jenjen047 Wow, yeah, he should have been more explicit in what he wanted you to read if he asked for a specific Jewish blessing. I know sometimes couples give their readers carte blanche when choosing a reading, but if he wants you to read something specific, he should send you the text he wants. Interesting. Well, that's still very exciting that they've asked. It sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead. :) Does this mean you will also need to be at the rehearsal now (if you weren't planning on it before)?

@TwoDimes You aren't a terrible person. It's normal to have those thoughts. I have them from time to time too. The new relationship excitement is so amazing and such a high... it's weird to think that I'll never experience that again (knock on wood!). However, we have a lot of new emotional highs to look forward to that we've never experienced... the emotional high of the wedding, of big anniversaries, of new additions to the family, of big milestones as a couple, etc. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @eilis1228 Have fun in SF!

@jenjen047 Super annoying! But your a good cousin for going along with the flow!

@TwoDimes BF and I were joking around last night about that same thing. We went out to eat and he was looking at the menu and couldn't decide what to eat. I made a jab about never being able to commit to something and making the move. He goes "That's not the same! I'm not picking a food I'm going to eat for the rest of my life!" I think it's totally normal to feel that way and it does not make you a horrible person at all!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Swazzle - I love that tattoo!  The colors are so vivid.

@CocoBellaF - OH HELL NO.  Just NO.  Spiders are the worst.

@peaseblossom55 - Good scan vibes for you!

Favorite beverage (alcoholic or non) at the moment?  Alcoholic...red wine.  I'm especially into 19 Crimes right now.  Non-alcoholic...green tea with jasmine.
    Will you be partaking in thirsty Thursday this evening? Nope.  I have a pretty heavy fitness day tomorrow, so I've been trying really hard not to drink during the week because teaching Zumba with even the smallest hangover is the worst thing in the world.
    What are 3 shows you're really into right now? Criminal Minds, Star Trek (of all forms, thank you Netflix), GoT (although I don't have HBO so I will have to wait and watch Season 5 when it comes out on DVD)
    EMOTIONAL OUTBURSTS (of all kinds)! Every few days I have a "OMG I'm actually getting ready to move" freakout.  I had one yesterday, but nothing today so far.  Also I've been having emotional outbursts in support of my BFF.  She's in the midst of a divorce and her soon-to-be-ex-husband is a huge jerk.  So when she doesn't have any energy to rage against him anymore, I pick it up for her.

I've been gone for a few days for no real reason other than that I've been so tired that I'm sleeping at every available moment.  I've been stressed and a little depressed about the move, so I think I'm sleeping a lot more than normal because of it.  I'm having a HUGE problem finding an apartment, so that's my current big move-related stressor.  I'm going to have to start just cold calling places to see if they have availability.

I'm just feeling sort of blah...I want to be excited about the move, but mostly I'm just stressed out.  :-(

Edited: Typo.
  • Options

@futuremrshistorian Thanks I hope you find an apartment soon!

Anniversary

• Options

@Swazzle - Your H's new tattoo is awesome!

@Humingbird125 - That sucks that your boss denied your request to use a vacation day. I'd be annoyed too. I had to request the July 3 off (because for some reason we are going to be the only fucking bank open that day) and I'm still waiting to hear back from my boss on it. I'm going to be really pissed if it's denied since my branch has to be closed that day (it's in a state building) so they are just having us over staff a different branch.

@futuremrshistorian - *hugs* Moving sucks and really is stressful! Good apartment finding vibes for you!

----------------------------------------------------

Favorite beverage (alcoholic or non) at the moment?  I'm on a tea kick right now, all the kinds of tea! Iced peach tea is my favorite though.
    Will you be partaking in thirsty Thursday this evening? I'm gonna go home and go to bed. I've been exhausted all week and I just want to sleep!
    What are 3 shows you're really into right now? Reign is my obsession right now but Netflix only has the first season. I'm really tempted to just buy season 2. GoT but it ended so I have no more to watch. We have all the seasons on DVD though so maybe BF and I will rewatch them during the break. Netflix has last season of PPL on now so maybe I'll catch up on that.
    EMOTIONAL OUTBURSTS (of all kinds)! My co-worker makes me want to stab things. I was on the phone with a member trying to cross-sell a product and she's literally yelling at me from her desk what she thinks I should say. Guess what? Didn't get the referral because I was so fucking distracted by her yelling.

• Options
    @peaseblossom55 Good luck with your scan today! 
  • Options

@southernpeach89 - Isn't it refreshing to get rid of so much facebook junk? I've maintained a steady friends list of about 40 for a while now. It's a good number.

@beanbot2002 - You should be proud! Bean sounds awesome!

@CocoBellaF - I used to make my BF leave any time I was watching the Sing Off because he'd just mock them the whole time I was trying to listen to them sing. I feel for your H. haha

@labro - I love the fury you expressed towards hummingbird's boss. I hope I can keep you on my side. I don't think I want you as an enemy. ;)

@speakeasy14 - AHHH!!! You finally get to move in?!? So exciting!

• Options
    @AlPacina Yes, it's very refreshing. People just don't realize sometimes that what they say is hurtful to others. It's like they think they live in their own bubble where everyone else shares the same opinion.
  • Options

Whoops.... Hadn't meant to submit yet.

Favorite beverage at the moment? I bought a couple boxes of the Starbucks Refreshers Strawberry Lemonade and have been adding it to my water bottle. I'm loving them!

Will you be partaking in thirsty Thursday this evening? Probably not. I don't drink much anymore.

What are 3 shows you're really into right now? (I'm so sad I'm done with Criminal Minds!) I have a few episodes left to catch up on SVU, we're slowly watching OITNB Season 3, and they added an older season of Say Yes To The Dress to Hulu so I've been watching that when I'm by myself.

Emotional Outbursts - I know it isn't fair to outburst on here, but I was too much in shock yesterday to have the outburst/discussion then. BF's brother is getting married, so I posted a comic to his Facebook about all the different stages during wedding planning that you think eloping would be a better idea. BF saw it and said we should just elope. I said we should get engaged and then we can talk about it. He said "We are engaged. We are getting married. Isn't that engaged?" I said yes (I think, at least), and then he changed the subject back to his brother.

...................... So..... I'm engaged? I don't feel engaged. I can't tell if this means I'm not getting proposed to and we're just going to get married eventually. I was too scrambled to talk about it last night. I'll have to bring it up again soon because I'm much more confused about our plans for the next year or two than I ever have been.

• Options
    @peaseblossom55 Good luck with your scan today! 

Thanks!

Anniversary

• Options
    @AlPacina - Definitely  talk with your BF (FI?) about where the two of you stand! Do you want a proposal before considering yourself engaged? If so, I think it's important to be honest with your SO about that. It sounds like the two of you are on different pages which is certainly confusing!

• Options
    @AlPacina I agree with @cu97tiger and @bethsmiles. Definitely talk to him about it to make sure you're on the same page and let him know what needs to happen so that you feel engaged (and vice-versa).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @swazzle - when I move in, I'm going to go to your H's tattoo person because I am in love with their color and line work. 

@eilis1228 - SF IS TOMORROW. I'm going to miss your face. Good luck navigating around Pride!

@alpacina - @cu97tiger said it well. 

Favorite beverage (alcoholic or non) at the moment? 
    Alcoholic: wine or beer. Gin and I are friends off at the moment. Non alcoholic: arnold palmers

Will you be partaking in thirsty Thursday this evening? 
    YES! I need a little hair of the dog, but it's also chorus night and I haven't been to afterglow in a really long time. I miss my friends. 

What are 3 shows you're really into right now?
    True Blood, Grace and Frankie, and that's about it.

EMOTIONAL OUTBURSTS (of all kinds)!
    I'm a walking, talking emotional outburst. I drank too much last night and shared feelings with H when I should have just held my tongue and waited until I was more emotionally stable and more sober. But alas. That happened. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    @bethsmiles - Hulu has the rest of Reign -- I love that show, and keep waiting for new episodes.

@jenjen047 What!?! Yeah, I'd have the same reaction.

@alpacina We're not completely finished with construction, but it is enough that we can move in. It will be bare minimum for now, but enough that people have a place to sit for the surprise party on Sunday.  After that then we'll really move things in. -- Also, um yeah I would bring that up because I'm confused if you're engaged, especially since he quickly changed the subject.  
  • Options

@alpacina I would definitely have a talk with him, make sure you are on the same page

@swazzle you need to drink for me though :-)

Anniversary

• Options
    @alpacina - agree with @eilis1228 @cu97itger and @bethsmiles. talk to BF. and ASAP.

also sidenote: i think someone one here (i want to say @aurorarose41 or @dignity100 but i could be totally off base) said their BF felt engaged when they shopped for a ring together, whereas she didnt feel engaged until the proposal.
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015

@speakeasy14 - Do you have to have Huluplus? If not this is the best news ever! I've watched season 1 three times already plus watched every interview with the cast I could find on YouTube. I need season 2!

ETA: I realize this post makes me sound like a crazy person.

• Options
    @swazzle I changed my mind no water tonight, I will be participating in TT-- there are now margarita freeze pops at the liquor store, I think I'll be drunk cleaning the house tonight. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards