Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tuesday

What's up everyone?

I'm feeling a smidge better today, but not much. I finished reading 'The Martian' and absolutely loved it. I can't wait for the movie to come out! 

I got stuck at work late last night (yay for 11 hour workdays) but luckily there was no traffic by the time I was on my way home. I reheated leftover enchiladas, drank some cider and then watched Big Brother, Wayward Pines, and the Bachelorette. H got home from hockey a little after 9 and I totally caught him watching the Bachelorette with me. 

Not a whole lot going on today. Hopefully I get out of here at a decent time. Tonight I'm making Blue Apron's Cornmeal-Crusted Catfish with Tomato-Cucumber Salad and Creamy Potatoes which I'm excited about. It's really humid here and I think it's supposed to rain later so I'll probably get some laundry done and relax tonight. 

How do you feel about the white seeds in watermelon?
What are you wearing today?
Any good book recs?

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    I try to avoid all seeds in watermelon but if I eat one no big deal

What are you wearing today? Brown dress pants and an off white frilly blouse and an off white sweater because my office is cold

Any good book recs? I read it back in March but I loved The Girl on the Train.  I can't wait to get back into reading for fun again.

@swazzle your dinner tonight sounds really good!
    @southernpeach89 how did your test go yesterday?

I have a long day at work since I'm making up for leaving early yesterday for my doctor's appointment.  Drinking the glucose stuff wasn't bad I just had a stomach ache afterwards.  We got to hear the heartbeat which was aweome.
    I'm making sweet potatoes and green beans for dinner tonight.  H will be on his own for protein, I can't seem to stomach cooking meat like I used to, but we'll see.  I can't wait to be done with studying so I can do more cooking and baking again.  It's not even 9 and I wish it was 5pm already.  This is going to be a long day. 

Anniversary

• Options
    Ugh, @swazzle - sorry about the 11 hour work day.  That sucks.

Today I've got a packed day.  I'm in a funk too.  H and I have no real vacations to look forward to until November (and then it isn't really a vacation).  I think we need to plan something because I'm just sort of drained every day.

-I eat them.  My grandmother told me eating the black ones would cause a watermellon to grow in your stomach though...I have no idea why she tried to scare us like that.

-A cute black and white wrap dress with a white cardigan and sparkly flat shoes.

Any good book recs?
    -Ummm, Harry Potter.  I got nothing lately.  All my reading has been at work all day and them I'm a little tried of reading.
  • Options
    @Swazzle I'm glad to hear you're feeling a smidge better today. DH won't even try to watch Bachelorette with me. If he does then he asks a million questions and I get annoyed.

Last night @labro and I painted most of the bead board and all of the railing. We still have 3-4 boards left to paint before that's finished and we can start painting the room and install the bead board. Her H and DH carried our HUGE crib upstairs last night. We decided we won't put it together until we are done painting because that would be a huge pain in the butt to have to walk around it in the room.

Work is super slow right now....I wish on days like this I could just go home and get whatever I need to get done there without having to waste my time here. I'm actually waiting on a call from Home Depot. They are planning to come measure our windows to install blinds sometime this week or next week and they are supposed to schedule with us today. 

I don't mind them lol. I pluck out the black seeds but the white ones don't seem to phase me too much.
    I'm wearing a maxi dress from Ann Taylor Loft that's dark Navy and white with a white sweater and silver sandals.
    Any good book recs?
    I haven't been reading too much lately outside of baby books.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @peaseblossom55 The appointment went well. Everything looked great with the baby and they did the draw for the glucose test. They said they would call me if they saw anything abnormal but if all came back clear then they wouldn't call me. This frustrates me...I think they should just call me anyways because I want to know what my numbers were. It's annoying to have to wait to see if they do call.

The glucose drink didn't taste bad...it gave me indigestion though...I was burping the rest of the day.
  • Options
    @Swazzle Glad your feeling better. Boo for long work days.

@Peaseblossom55 Did you get your test results back yet? I might have missed it. Do you know the gender of baby yet?

@minskat30 I hear you on vacation. I just booked the flight down for my cousin's wedding in Texas in October. Not a true vacation but it's all we've got to look forward to!

I'm feeling ehh today too. I had my first therapist appt yesterday. It went okay, made me feel all sorts of things. I have another appt in 2 weeks so we'll see how this process goes. Work is crazy but I'm trying to just get through. 

Don't mind them. I love me some good watermelon.

The other of my two dresses! Pic from the day I got it

Any good book recs?
    I'm not good at this. I don't really read much. I am on book 6 of HP though and loving it. I don't think I ever read 6 or 7 when I first read the series so long ago because it all seems new to me while reading.
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @minskat30 we have no vacations coming up either.  I told H yesterday when I pass the exam I just want to escape life for a few days somewhere that has a nice king sized bed, soaking tub and where I am exempt from cooking too.

Anniversary

• Options
    @swazzle - I loved 'The Martian,' too. I can't wait to see the movie.

@peaseblossom55 - Yay for hearing the heartbeat!

I'm feeling pretty good today but my spanx are too tight. But it makes me look killer in my dress, so I'm not going to complain. I'm contemplating doing a 10 day sugar detox starting next Monday (because I'll def be drinking at my cousin's wedding this weekend). I'm already sad about not getting to have a Coke for 10 days straight. 

DH was out of town last night. I watched about 8 episodes of Friends and did laundry. It happened to be the couple episodes around Monica and Chandler getting engaged and I cried like a little baby. 

I can't remember the last time I saw white seeds in a watermelon. I thought they were black seeds?

I'm wearing a dress I got in my stitch fix last week. Navy blue and white stripes, with a mustard sweater, and navy and gold sandals.

Any good book recs?
    Where did you go, Bernadette?
    The Girl on the Train
    Basically anything by Liane Moriarty
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options

@southernpeach89 I was burping and had some heartburn too after it, but when I came home and ate I felt better.  My doctor said the same thing that they would call if something was wrong.  I'd still like to know details.  I can communicate with them through their website, so I may do that.

@caseface5 I haven't heard back yet on the genetics test, still waiting for the results and to find out the sex.  I'm so impatient too.......

Anniversary

• Options
    @cu97tiger - I cry when they got engaged, too.
  • Options
    @Peaseblossom55 - I read The Girl on the Train and loved it too! 

@minskat30 - I hate funks like that. Plan a weekend away somewhere! Even just getting away from normal, everyday life for 2 days can help. 

@southernpeach89 - YAY! I can't wait for pictures! 

@CocoBellaF - I drank my coffee too fast today, too :( I'm debating having a second.

@caseface5 - Cute dress!

@cu97tiger - I'll look into that first book rec because I've read all of the others. I think we have similar book tastes, so thanks! 

• Options
    untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    Actually...... I hate watermelon! There! I said it.

Right now soft shorts and a big tee, but soon workout clothing because I didn't go to the gym all weekend due to a chest pain thing.

Any good book recs?
    Nope but I also need some! Been trying to read more, but not getting into any book I pick up lol

Good morning!!!

So I couldn't pop in yesterday so here's my weekend recap:
    Saturday morning I got up at the ass crack of dawn to drive to pick up the lady I was going to East Hampton with. We get there in about an hour and a half, discover the long term parking is like a mile away from the store so we park, get lost, and the manager came and found us. As we are walking up to the store a short man in a baseball cap waves to her and she says "Hey Steve, have a nice day!"
    AND IT'S STEPHEN SPIELBERG. SHE TOLD STEVEN SPIELBERG TO HAVE A NICE DAY ALL CASUAL LIKE THAT. WHAT!
    So I was like WHAT!!! and I needed to sit down for a second because my mind couldn't take it.
    I recovered, and worked my 8 hour shift but they had me making Frappuccinos the entire time because apparently I was killin it and they didn't want to move me, so I couldn't turn around to see if any other famous person came in. I think after the Spielberg Incident I might have died.
    So I didn't wind up hanging out there after, I drove this girl back to our meeting spot, and it wasn't until I left and headed home (about 20 minutes away) that I get rear ended by some freaking 16 year old kid!!!! Thankfully there was just some chipped paint, not a big deal because the car already had some when I bought it so I was feeling gracious and let the kid go, but not before he insisted on paying me. He grabbed his wallet and I'm like "no, really, not necessary" and he goes "but I HAVE to do something!" so he hands me $20. I laughed the entire way home, ordered pizza with it, and went to bed before 9.

Sunday was uneventful, but I got to reunite with BF so that was good. He did REALLY well at Nationals. Like really well. Super proud!

Yesterday I worked in the AM and then my phone broke so I had it fixed on my break. It turned itself off with a full battery and then wouldn't turn back on at all. No matter what I tried! The Verizon store is across the street so I ran over and they did some magic and got it back on. In that time I got a text from one of my best friends who lives about an hour and a half away from me asking if I wanted to meet at the beach, and so we did that and it wound up being a daylong event and a REALLY nice impromptu situation. We hung out for a few hours at the beach and then went to dinner at a seafood place nearby and it was so much fun! I don't do things like that often, so it was a great break from the norm.

Today I am gonna go to the gym for a little bit and probably the doctor, I am not sure yet. I had this sharp pain on my right side right behind my boob but only when I inhale, and it started on Saturday while I was working. Sunday it hurt all day, but yesterday I only noticed when I took deep breaths. Today its barely a thing but I can still feel it a little. I figure it is an overworked muscle or something, not that I really overdo it when I work out, but since it has gotten significantly better over the last few days I don't want to get that medical bill if it turns out to be nothing.
  • Options

@cu97tiger I love that Friends episode too!

@swazzle definitely a good read, no other suggestions for you.  I want to All The Light We Cannot See this year.

Anniversary

• Options
    @Swazzle LOVE your outfit!!
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - Fist bump for clothes that are almost PJs!

Proof of my fro... is it that bad, y'all?  I've got a few "whoa, your hair is big" comments already and it's not even 8:30.  Feeling self-conscious!!

• Options
    @Swazzle - Love your look today. 
  • Options
    @cu97tiger I love that dress! It was so cute when you posted the pic on FB.

@Swazzle You're like, really pretty

@both of you.. My first StitchFix is coming on Saturday!! I can't wait to see what's in it!

@TwoDimes We LOVE LOVE LOVE having a fenced in yard for Tessie. I know Indy will love it too!

@CocoBellaF It's not big at all! Looks really cute!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @cocobellaf - Looks like a manageable fro to me.  ;)  I feel like my poofy hair is the reason my hair is in a ponytail most of the time.  
  • Options
    @swazzle I love the outfit.

Anniversary

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @Swazzle Boo your work sucks!!! I adore your outfit today!!

@TwoDimes Fingers crossed for a good quote! I hope Indy gets a backyard soon!

@untouchablets What a crazy weekend! Half the time I don't think I'd recognize a celebrity in person.

Questions -
    How do you feel about the white seeds in watermelon? I eat them unless they are noticeably big. They are too little to pick out usually.
    What are you wearing today? Shorts and a tshirt at the moment. I seriously need to do laundry
    Any good book recs? I've been re-reading HP and I'm on the 7th book now. It's been fun because I only read the 6th book twice and this is my second time reading the 7th book. Our bookclub book this month is The Giver. It's a YA and it's been around for around 20ish years....basically the original dystopian YA novel IMO. I picked it for our club to read because they finally made it into a movie last year. There's 2 or 3 other books in the series I think if you're interested.

• Options
    @labro yeah I wouldn't have known it was him if my attention hadn't been drawn by the manager speaking to him. It was 8am and I also had just driven almost two hours to be there lol. And I've seen other celebrities but didn't realize until later that it was them. I served Danny Masterson (Hyde from That 70's Show) coffee at my store once and it wasn't until after he left that I was like "wait a minute....." lol
  • Options
    @swazzle Hoping you get out either early or on time today! 
    @peaseblossom5 & @southernpeach89 glad to hear that your glucose tests went fine.

It looks kinda dreary outside. So hopefully there won't be a ton of beach traffic today. I think I'm going to go shopping this afternoon for some snacks and odds and ends. I contacted a lot of vendors via email yesterday, so looks like we are good to go for our wedding on Friday. I'm just trying to keep cool because my phone has been blowin' up like crazy.

I don't really like fruit- so I don't have to worry about this. I just don't eat it.
    I'm wearing a black tank top and sweatpants. Glamorous!
    Any good book recs?
    I read Unbroken awhile ago, very good. Looks like The Girl on the Train is highly recommended, so I'll have to order that on my kindle.
  • Options
    How do you feel about the white seeds in watermelon? I'm indifferent

What are you wearing today? My work uniform, navy blue pants, navy blue jacket, white shirt.

Any good book recs? I've got nothing.

@swazzle I don't like catfish, if I got Blue Apron, could I switch a meal out? All the other meals you've told us about sound so good except for catfish. Also, I'm sorry you had to work and 11 hour day on a MONDAY. Sucks.

@peaseblossom55 I'm glad your test went well.

@minskat30 we're the same way about vacation. We have Niagara Falls planned for September but that may be a no-go depending on some other stuff going on right now. I can tell H gets bummed when I say that, but there's plenty of day trips to do around here to keep him occupied.

@southernpeach89 I can't wait to see the completed nursery!!!! Also I'm the same way about testing. I want to hear results regardless!!!! Don't leave me hanging!

@caseface5 I love that dress!

@cu97tiger too tight spanx are the devil, but they make everyone look so good. I wore too tight spanx for @goldenpenguin's bridal shower but my dress looked great.

Yesterday was okay for a Monday, I just worked and it kept me busy for 8 hours. When I got home, I cleaned my mudroom and did some laundry. I didn't feel like cooking and H had leftovers so I ordered a sesame ahi tuna salad from Outback (I'm obsessed, I've had 3 in the past week).

Tonight I'm going to stay at work since my friend had a baby yesterday and I'm going to visit her (if she's up to it, I'm not intrusive). If she doesn't want visitors, I'll head home my regular time and clean the kitchen and more laundry (how do two people cause so much dirty laundry)?

Tomorrow is my birthday, nothing has been planned since H has a ton of doctor's appointments and to be honest, I'm not looking forward to celebrate my birthday. The doctor appointments wipe him out so he'll probably sleep the rest of the day, I'm hoping he can get the lawn mowed at least since it's a jungle in our backyard. I might just do it tonight and get it over with. This year has been a roller coaster and I'd just like to get it over with.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @swazzle ugh, hopefully you can get out of work at a normal time today.

@peaseblossom55 glad the glucose test went well; I've heard so many horror stories about how bad it tastes.

How do you feel about the white seeds in watermelon? - I eat them.

What are you wearing today? - Black kitten heels with bows, black dress pants, and a royal blue peplum top

Any good book recs? I have a stack of books that I have bought over the years and haven't read yet.  I did read a book through my kindle over the weekend.  It was one of the free books, and was ok. It was called Revenge and a bottle of merlot. 

I'm sad there's no pll tonight.  So tonight will be dinner at my sister's and then who knows what.  It's also my bf's mom's birthday today. I sat with her and chatted for a little this morning since she was up. I think I'm going to surprise her and send something to the store since she'll be working all day. 
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @CocoBellaF Totally not a fro at all. If I scrunch up my hair and make it curly it looks pretty close to that.

• Options
    @buddysmom80 - Happy early birthday!  I'm sorry you don't really feel up for celebrating though.  Hugs.
  • Options
    @untouchablets When I worked at BBB Steve Carell came in to buy K-Cups. I tried to make conversation with him but he was trying to hide himself. He had a big order and paid with a credit card. His card wasn't signed so I HAD to ask for his ID and he gave me this death glare like "REALLY?!" I'm like "I'm so sorry, it's store policy..." I tried to be nice but he just wanted to get in and out. It was kind of awkward. 

My friend checked out Joe Perry from Aerosmith at BBB too and she had no clue who he was. I was bummed I would have loved to ask him for a picture or something!

@500days Happy wedding week!!!

@buddymom80 *hugs* I don't know what's going on but I think you need some so I'm sending them your way!!
    friends tv show funy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards