Not Engaged Yet
Options

FRIDAY!

Re: FRIDAY!

• Options
    @TwoDimes - It's OBVIOUSLY a cat club, DUH. Just kidding ;) PICS PICS PICS! I can't believe you're only 2 weeks away!!!!!

@Blue - I hope you feel better soon, lady.

@lavenderfields13 - Me too! I get all the cat things <3

• Options
    casey1219casey1219 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @swazzle, Your birthday night looked fabulous!

@jenjen047 You look beautiful! I love the last dress.

@TwoDimes Dollywood is one of my favorites. I live about 20 minutes from there and get season passes each year. You'd think it would lose its appeal since it's so close and familiar, but I never get tired of it.

---------------------------------

Today is kinda blah for me in the sense that I don't have a lot planned. I need to go pick out a new outfit because today I have to have my picture taken for the newspaper feature that they're doing. I dread picking out clothes so much.

I'm hoping I can convince BF to go to Gatlinburg tonight (which he hates on the weekend because of insane traffic) so that we can do something fun. Yesterday, I felt kinda down all day, but I guess it's because of an awful round of PMS. So much for a fun weekend. I feel like crawling in the corner and crying.

Tomorrow, I have no idea what we'll do, and Sunday will be church and spending the day with my mamaw. BF is so sweet to my mamaw, and usually offers to take her out for lunch every other Sunday before spending the day with her. Since my papaw died two years ago, she gets lonely, and BF tries so hard to make her feel special and important, and that makes me love him even more.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!
  • Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @twodimes that cake is making me drool! 

@swazzle what mascara did you get? Also, what's their birthday gift this year?

@lavenderfields13 dips are always a good go to for something easy. You could do a fruit dip. I make mine with french vanilla yogurt, vanilla pudding mix, and cool whip; I've also substituted with strawberry yogurt and pudding mix. 

@blue feel better!

*eta spelling
  • Options
    Waiting for the stool sample kit of shame lol.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    Happy Friday everyone!

Yesterday I was off early, so I did some errands then had lunch at my granny's. She made egg salad sandwiches, which made me miss my dad. {she learned how to make it from it, so it was very good}
    Headed home carrying a rug cleaner with every intention to do it yesterday but didn't.
    Got my roots done and chit-chatted with my hairdresser/best friend/bridesmaid. I was glad salon had closed so she could talk freely about what was happening with her.

Since she couldn't come to my shower, she gave me a little gift bag {the sweetheart!} It was a few little trinkets - the wet brush, toe separators for polish, sandals for pedicure {since my bachelorette is a spa afternoon}, a really fruity scented lotion and hair elastic with a bow.
    I told her she didn't have to, but wouldn't hear it.

Matt picked me up, we got McD's at like 9pm {baaaad idea :(!} and we watched a documentary we recorded about Pluto - and I started getting teary again {again, missing my dad. he would have loved it} Had my cry moment. Moving on ...

The at 11:10pm my landlord came up to deliver the package I ordered and he signed for {*urg*} and to clarify some things.

Good thing Matt's kind of a night owl ...

This weekend is a BBQ at my boss' place, which i'm pretty excited about! Tonight I am *FINALLY* starting centerpiece stuff. Matt's away at a football game with his step-dad, so give me time to kinda laze about it.

Sunday I'll prob finish cleaning the carpet and get Matt's help with rest of centerpiece stuff.
  • Options
    @blue&amp;white - Yikes!  I hope you feel better soon.  I forget, do you have intestinal issues normally?  I know we have a few with celiac on the board but I've forgotten who...TMI but I had diarrhea for weeks and that is what finally clued my doctor in to test me.  

@cocobellaf - Happy Anniversary!!!

@lavenderfields13 - Hmm, I usually bring savory things to parties (just my MO) but cupcakes are fun for dessert and easy for parties for people where you don't know how much seating there will be.  How about fancy cupcakes?  Like THIS or THIS ....another thought?  Make some sugar cookies, melt some melting chocolate and dip half the cookie in the chocolate then add sprinkles to the chocolate side while still warm.  Easy as can be and still fancy enough to impress most.  :)

@goldenpenguin - I'm so glad your new job is going well!!!
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 - I got the tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara . The birthday gift is 2 mini Nars lip pencils (velvet matte in Cruella and satin in Rikugien). I also got a sample of the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector for "free". 

• Options
    @minskat30 is this the last time you have to deal with the horrible inspector?

@swazzle ooo I love the Becca line, haven't tried the skin perfector yet.  I like both of those colors for the lip pencil, and that mascara is awesome!

@goldenpenguin so glad you're enjoying the new job! 
  • Options
    @labro - So pretty you are!!!

@speakeasy14 - Unfortunately, no.  I'm contesting some of the crap he put on his report I think.  That said, H and I are going to hire someone else to deal with him going forward (i.e., not take our permits ourselves).  It will cost more but, honestly, I'm done with the hassle of dealing with him directly once I get the whole contesting the current permit situation out of the way. Who knew our city would want to make home improvements so difficult (I mean home improvements generally equals more tax revenue).  Le, sigh.  The drama continues for now.   
  • Options
    Also, am I the only one super excited over the new X-Files mini-series that is coming out next year?  I CANNOT WAIT and I don't care if that makes me a complete dork.  ;)
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @jenjen047 and @minskat30 AWWWW  thank you!!!

@minskat30 Nah, I don't think you're a total dork. I have no idea if H likes X-Files or not....so I suppose there is always a possibility we'll watch it.

• Options
    @jenjen047 - Fortunately, I'm not a big drinker so it hasn't been too difficult. It will be the hardest on our next camping trip because camping is basically an excuse to sit in the woods and drink all weekend.

• Options
    @jenjen047 - I don't think buttons are a random thing to want at all. If I had it to do over again, I would want buttons, too, even though I got tons of compliments on the corset back and it meant I didn't really need to worry about my exact weight the day of the wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @Casey1219 Your BF sounds really sweet!

@GoldenPenguin Glad you're happy at the new job :) 

@MsKittyDanger I don't understand why your landlord would ever thinks it's OK to come up at 11 at night!

@Peaseblossom55 Personally I would definitely be upfront and tell your boss that you're interested in the team lead position and have some reasons why you feel you're a good candidate.

@minskat30 cupcakes or sugar cookies sound like a good idea! I will probably go with simple cupcakes thought because I'm the laziest person ever lately and have NO desire to cook or bake. Thanks!

@labro I would refuse to work on my vacation ugh! Sometimes my mom does that too if she's on vaca and she knows her office is short staffed- she logs on to check on stuff. I don't ever want a job where I feel compelled to work on my vacation :(
    Love the dress from your e-pics!

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @lavenderfields13 Yeah, it really sucks. If this wasn't such a huge deal....like this issue has gone beyond my division and is now at corporate level for escalations....I really would just drop it all. 

@jenjen047 I LOVE buttons! My dress had buttons and I don't think it's a random thing at all to want to have them.

• Options
    @minskat30 I have a history of c diff soooo we get to stool sample first. They tested me for celiac in 2012 or whenever I had c diff and I wasn't even close to celiac. I'm not really sure what's up this time. I mean I basically have diarrhea in the morning and then it goes away. No idea. But as @southernpeach89 (my source of all pregnancy answers) knows, I tested the other day and was negative. I figure we can do the stool sample stuff, test me again to see if I'm pregnant, and then I mean I'm just hoping I stop pooping before then lol.

@jenjen047 I hope your poop situation resolves itself :) preferably not while you are dress shopping!!

Is anyone else who has seen @swazzle 's honeymoon pics super jealous of her upcoming return to South Africa? I mean especially right after shark week! (Please try not to get eaten by a shark! According to one shark week show the South Africa ones tend to hunt at sunset!)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    Is anyone else who has seen @swazzle 's honeymoon pics super jealous of her upcoming return to South Africa? I mean especially right after shark week! (Please try not to get eaten by a shark! According to one shark week show the South Africa ones tend to hunt at sunset!)
    Um, yes. But I'm excited to see her AW even more awesome pictures when she gets back!

• Options
    I'm sorry @Blue&amp;White - That sounds terrible. Long before (in High School) I got my celiac diagnosis (it didn't really show up until I turned 30) I would get sick with diarrhea every morning no matter what I ate.  The doctors' just chalked it up to stress...helpful, eh?  I hope you get some answers one way or the other.    
  • Options
    @Blue - I won't be swimming in the ocean when I'm there! Except.... except actually when I'm in the cage in the ocean with the Great Whites. Forgot about that. 

There have been a LOT of shark sightings at the Jersey Shore lately. I'm honestly more nervous about going to Wildwood tomorrow than I am about swimming with them next month! I am NOT going in the water tomorrow. Nope. Not doing it.

• Options
    @minskat30 in the back of my mind I think that I would likely be dead already if I had celiac. The amount of gluten I consume is quite impressive lol. Supposedly on the BRAT diet today. I had corn pops (I have zero nausea and was hungry) so I'm not really doing it right.
  • Options
    To be a bad influence: For any Ann Taylor and Loft fans - big end of summer clearance.  AT has 70% off and Loft has 60% off.  
  • Options
    @swazzle I've seen all those shArk sightings off jersey lately! Crazy! We used to go to wildwood every year for the elks convention when I lived up there lol. Soooo much ski ball! It should be my family's week down there soon too but they are in beach haven I think. Land of fudge and water slides lol. Nj shore is so much better than just the beach in Florida lol
  • Options
    I promise I read everyone's posts... computer is being sloooow today and not wanting to function. I can barely get TK to load right now. This computer needs more memory ASAP.

TGIF! 

Yesterday during the group interview I made an ass out of myself and turned bright red when the CEO made me talk unexpectedly. I am seriously dreading the repercussions of that. :( I mean, I won't personally get in trouble, but I could see the CEO asking my manager about it... whoops. 

I worked from home yesterday afternoon and was super productive. Time got away from me, and suddenly it was like 7:30pm and I hadn't worked out, dinner was not cooking, and FI was still at work. Whoops. 

Nothing really planned for tonight. I'm kind of hoping FI will want to stay home and veg some more. We only have 2 more episodes left of Orange is the New Black! Definitely want to finish it ASAP. 

Tomorrow I have my first alterations appointment for my dress! One of my BMs is going with me, and I'm super nervous. Afterwards my cousin and I are having a joint birthday dinner with our families at a yummy Tex-Mex place. I'm going to eat enchiladas and it will be glorious. I also plan to drink some wine and eat some Whataburger this weekend before getting back to a strict, low sugar, low calorie, healthy diet with tons of exercise. My plan is to go until August 7 (so almost 3 weeks) with no cheating... we shall see how I do.

I think Sunday we are going to host a game night and run some errands. 

OK computer keeps trying to freeze. I'm really close to saying screw it and going home. I never have issues when I remote in, but every day at work my computer tries to freeze/crash. I guess I'll read at my desk...? Ugh.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

@jenjen047 We have at least one other venue that we liked, but not as much as this one. I’m not worried about losing our date, since she said she could extend our hold (but didn’t specify for how long)… so I’m really just hoping that all works out. UGH. I loved the second dress, but I also love lace. I thought the third one was really pretty too!

@southernpeach89 Definitely AW pics of the nursery!!!

@hummingbird125 I love Charlotte, NC! My family almost moved there when I was in high school, and I was dying to go! I hope you get your pictures back ASAP!

@speakeasy14 Yoga and wine sounds perfect.

@twodimes I hope you enjoy visiting the lighthouse! That sounds really cool!

@labro Working vacation is definitely an oxymoron. UGH!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards