Not Engaged Yet
Options

Friday!

Morning! We made it! 

I'm feeling kind of crappy about myself today and I just need to vent. I went to the doctor with H last night then we stopped for dinner and by the time I got home it was almost 9. This morning, I asked H to wake me up when he was leaving for work so I could work out this morning and he forgot. I have to go to a birthday thing tonight straight from work and I won't be home until late so this is 2 days in a row where I'm not working out. I feel crappy about that. I also forgot about going out tonight so I feel frumpy and my hair is a mess. I'm seeing people from college that I haven't seen in years and I wanted to look and feel good. Not a good start to Friday :(

Now that I got that out.... 

Like I said, I have a surprise birthday party in the city tonight. I'll meet H after work for a quick dinner then we'll go to that. 

Tomorrow morning I'm trying out yoga at the gym and I'm excited for it. I hope I like the instructor and the class. Then I'm going to do my food shopping for the week to get it out of the way and straighten up the house. The rest of the day/night is open. 

Sunday, H and I are going to play tennis in the morning and then he's heading out to watch the Dolphins game. The Eagles play at the same time and my parents are coming up to watch it with me. I'm going to make something in the crockpot for dinner so I don't have to worry about actually cooking and so I'll have leftovers to bring for lunch all week next week. My parents are leaving after the game and I'll watch the second-to-last Big Brother episode of the summer and be sad that my favorite show is almost over until next year. 

Re: Friday!

• Options
    @Swazzle Aw I'm sorry that you didn't get to get your workout in this morning. I hate it when that happens!

Yesterday I was feeling icky and up until last night I was feeling kind of icky...I'm feeling better this morning but I just have this nauseous feeling that I can't get rid of.

DH and I had a nice date night though, we ate entirely way too much but I enjoyed getting to go out and relax and watch football with him. I kept on thinking that the next time we do this, we will have to organize a baby sitter and I'll probably be thinking about her the whole time/ talking about her.

Tonight I'm going to CrossFit and then probably going to relax the rest of the night.

Tomorrow morning I'll go on a long walk and then DH and I talked about taking Maddux to the park. We haven't done that in a while and I think he would enjoy that.

Sunday we will probably go to church and then probably get some things done around the house before the week starts.

We don't have much going on this weekend but we kind of did that on purpose in case anything happens. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - When's your next doctor's appointment? I can't believe it's almost time! I'm so excited for you, I could cry.

• Options
    @Swazzle I have my last scheduled appointment on Monday with my OB and she said we will discuss our action plan so I'm very excited to go through all of that. I want to be able to see an end date to this in case that comes to having to schedule something if Callie doesn't come on her own.
  • Options
    @jenjen047 Yay that's exciting! I loved doing our engagement photos and getting your hair and makeup done before hand will be a lot of fun. I kind of wish I did that for mine but I know @labro was really happy that she did that before hand.
  • Options
    @swazzle do kegels at your desk ;-) but seriously don't beat yourself, sometimes life gets in the way.  You've been doing great, and I'm sure you're going to keep it up.  Have fun in the city tonight!

@southernpeach89 I'm so glad you guys were able to enjoy date night. Maybe the nausea is a sign Callie is on her way? 

I have a half day at work today.  As soon as I get home I have time for lunch then have to get ready.  My bf's best friend's wedding starts at 2.  It's a full Catholic mass and then the reception starts at 5.  The good news is it is local so we can just relax at home.

Tomorrow I'm stripping the front porch.  Hopefully can get all of that ready so I can repair and repaint it.
  • Options
    @swazzle - Sorry you've had a rough morning. I hate to start my day like that, so I hope it improves for you!

@southernpeach89 - Glad you and your H had a good date night!

This morning has already been kind of a nightmare because it has already been hectic, and I've only been here at school for around 2 hours. A lockdown drill first thing in the morning is not fun. We have to practice each year because our principal wants to make sure we're ready, and I don't blame him. Needless to say, cramming a class full of five year olds in one tiny room is difficult and crazy.

Some sort of sickness is going around my classroom, and I am planning a deep clean before I leave this afternoon. Lysol and Clorox wipes are my best friends right now. We also have a candy sale kickoff during our recess time, and despite its name, the candy sale kick off is not fun at all.

Tonight, I hope BF gets off at a reasonable time so we can do something fun. Tomorrow, we're supposed to celebrate our year and a half early. His boss is not great at all, so I hope he gets off work and we can do something fun to relax this evening.

Sunday is church and lunch with Mamaw as usual. Weekends do not last long enough.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day! 
  • Options
    @jenjen047 - Those pictures are gorgeous! I got my hair and makeup done before my epics too and I'm glad I did. I think you're supposed to open now and send the thank you. 

• Options
    @speakeasy14 I have no idea...I've heard so many different things that can indicate labor is starting so I never know what to expect. I don't think this is though because it comes and it goes and doesn't really stick with me throughout the day.
  • Options
    @swazzle sorry you're feeling this way! I've spent the whole summer feeling icky about myself and it sucks. Hopefully the rest of the day will go better, especially since its friday :)

@southernpeach89 fingers crossed for Callie to come soon so you can finally meet her!

@jenjen047 yay engagement pics!

My new phone comes on Monday! I don't get to play with it until Monday night though, because I'll be at work when it gets delivered. I should have had it shipped to my job but I didn't think ahead lol.

Today I am gonna try to stay out of the house. I've been really tired and depressed this past week, which could just be a combination of PMS and exhaustion. I like being busy but I don't feel like I'm accomplishing much. Things are going slow and I am not a patient person. I feel like I'm waiting for EVERYTHING, fewer hours at work, more dog training stuff, my puppy... and even though I'm not feeling BSC or anything right now, I wish BF and I had more momentum. I'm just not in a good mood today lol.
    On top of that I feel all sinusy today and I've been struggling with my asthma all this week. Pretty sure it's because the weather doesn't know what its doing and I'll feel better in a few weeks. I really don't want to have to go visit my allergist again... she's great but she asks me to get rid of my animals every time I see her. It's not like I'm DYING, and my main allergy is dust mites anyway which are unavoidable, and all types of pollen, so am I supposed to live in a bubble??
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - I've got that yucky feeling too.  Hope you start feeling better soon, or that it's Callie letting you know she's on her way and she gets this show on the road.

@Swazzle - I was feeling that way about myself yesterday, too.  It's tough.  I didn't get to work out yesterday, either.  I plan to after work today, since I got off at lunch on Fridays.

So glad today is Friday.  SO GLAD.  I'm on the phone waiting to talk to insurance.  Fun stuff.
  • Options
    @swazzle - Thanks!

@untouchablets - Sorry you're feeling blah. Hopefully things pick up for you soon! I hate that feeling too.
  • Options
    @jenjen047 I was SO glad I got my hair and make-up done before my e-pics. I went to Sephora for a "free"  make up trial and then had my regular stylist do a blowout/style the day of my pictures. It was 100% worth it because I can never make my hair as pretty as he makes it (or make it hold as well). I think you should open the gift now and send a thank you  note. They may have sent it early because they can't make the shower and you don't want the person wondering if you ever actually received their gift or not!

@Swazzle Try not to beat yourself up. You are doing amazing and sometimes life just sucks and gets in the way of our goals. :( I hope you enjoy time with your friends tonight!

@untouchablets I'm sorry you are feeling down this week. Hopefully some time outside the house today will help you to cheer up a bit!

@speakeasy14 I'm super jealous of your half day. Share pictures when your front porch is done!

So I'll be working all day today.

I plan to work all day tomorrow.

Somewhere in that I need to find new bathing suit bottoms because we've been invited to a pool party on Sunday.

I'll probably work more on Sunday.

I hate my life.

• Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    @swazzle - I hear you lady...I feel crappy this week that I missed two workouts as well when I'm the one that set the goal for myself.  I'm sure you don't look frumpy.  

@southernpeach89 - All the things crossed for you this weekend is a "productive" one in the Callie department.  ;)

@jenjen047 - I'd open it now and send a thank you now.  Its easy to forget thank you notes if you wait too long.

@speakeasy14 - What color are you repainting the front porch?

@casey1219 - Ugh, sick kids and lockdown drill = no fun.

@untouchablets - I'm sorry you are feeling blah.  Hugs and good job not being BSC.  

---------------------------------------
    I'm back from the dead!  Well, we will see at least.  I'm hoping work doesn't do this today...

Cartoons & Comics Zombie animated GIF

Today is the last day (well, supposed to be) of this equity deal that has been having me put in ALL the hours.  I'll be glad to get the signature pages today and sign off.  I'm hoping to leave a little early today as well because God knows I've put in more than my fair share of hours this week.

Vent ahead...H had a health screening yesterday and his cholesterol is not great.  It isn't bad by any means (its inching towards borderline high but not there yet) and we are so frustrated.  He works out 5-6 days a week, isn't heavy at all (180s and 6'3") and eats right (no processed food, no butter, healthy oils, healthy meat, etc.).  I'm frustrated for him and for me because he gets on a kick about certain food restrictions for my meal planning when he already gives me a ton of them (just a handful of the restrictions?...no bread/sandwiches, no butter, no margarine, limited egg, no pork/red meat, no sugar, limited natural sugar (honey), etc.).  I get it, its healthy but trying to eat healthy, on a budget, where I do the planning and cooking and where he is trying to gain weight so he can gain muscle is frustrating. Especially when I think cholesterol is a lot of a genetic issue.  Sigh...back to the drawing board.  I was doing a protein shake for him with fruit, protein powder, milk and peanut butter, a snack of peanut butter sandwich, a yogurt parfait, a snack of nuts/cheese, he's on his own for lunch and then dinner is usually chicken something with veggies cooked with olive oil, maybe a healthy grain like quinoa and usually a good fat added in like avocado.  If bread is out and now cheese has to be limited, I'm running out of options I feel.  Any suggestions? 

Today I plan on working, working out in the afternoon (spin or zumba) and walking home 5 miles.  I'm going to count that as a double workout to make up for one of my missed days. 

Saturday I'll try to double up on the workouts as well (likely spin in the morning and a 3-4 mile walk with H in the afternoon).  H promised me a date night so we might check out a nearby restaurant.  

Sunday is, as usual, dedicated to food shopping, meal prep and some cleaning for the week.  And football watching and wine drinking by yours truly of course too.  ;)
  • Options
    @labro - Ugh, I'm sorry about work.  Is it going to let up anytime soon?
  • Options
    Can I also add that if it weren't Friday, I'd take a personal day tomorrow? This day has started out way too crazy... and as I am typing this, I get the question, "Is it Tuesday?"

...No. No, it is not, thank God.
  • Options
    @minskat30

Actually, hopefully by October 1. It's our end of year which already means insanity, but I have SO MUCH on my plate right now and I honestly feel like I can't handle it. I'm so fucking sick of working all the time and being so stressed out. A retail job is really starting to look like heaven lately.

• Options

I had the Not Your Father's root beer last night, it was meh, the coney island one is way better.  Work is the suck for so many reasons, there are some cliff notes in yesterday's post.  I just want 5pm to get here.  I have to be at the theater tonight.  I'm really not in the mood to go and be around people really, but I have to go.  :-( I hope it isn't too bad though.

Saturday I have yoga class, yay and then a trip to the veggie market.  H & I also need to go shopping for sheets and comforter for the king sized bed coming this Wednesday.  I want to use the fire pit sometime this weekend as well.  Snuggle with H & a fire.  No other plans than studying and watching some football.  We have a few things we want to do around the house as well. H bought a closet system for the nursery a few weeks ago, he still wants to install it this weekend. We will need it anyway hopefully sooner rather than later.

Anniversary

• Options
    Morning everybody--this will be a P&R, I'm afraid, because things are nuts today, but I needed to ask for some T&P.  I'll try to check back in after lunch.

There was a shooting on my campus last night, in one of the dorms.  They're calling it an "isolated incident," and nobody was hurt, but campus is crawling with police and nobody feels safe.  They opened campus today and say that it's safe to be here, but...yeah.
  • Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    @labro - Ugh, I hear you on quarter end.  Our deal flow is insane the first two quarters, slows down a little third quarter (really just August when bankers go on vacation) and then ramps back up with a vengence in the fourth quarter until closer to the holidays.  There are many days when I look at 9-5s and I think how nice it must be but I worked a 9-5 (Walgreens) and, yeah, getting hit with objects from angry customers who try to steal = no bueno either.  I hope you get some ease up soon.

@peaseblossom55 - I hope work gets better for you too.  Hugs.

@futuremrshistorian - That sounds scary....stay safe.

@TwoDimes - Have some fun alone time.  ;) 
  • Options
    @labro, @minskat30, & @peaseblossom55 I hope work starts getting better for all of you soon.  Each of you deserve a massage, a bottle of wine, and some chocolate after the stressful weeks you've had.

@labro Promise I'll share pictures once it is done.
    @minskat30 I would like to keep it the same colors it is now.  It's currently white with a grey floor.  The house is baby blue with white trim.  
    @jenjen047 Yay for engagement pictures! I love getting my hair and makeup done by others, so enjoy the pampering!
  • Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm so glad it's Friday. Already this day is so weird.
    Woke up late so felt super rushed, then while watching the news I lost track of time and left my place late.
    Something is burning the almighty hell out of my stomach, so since Matt works late today I may get him to stop by my work with some pepto.

After work I'm meeting up with my mum for dinner.

Tomorrow I have a friend coming over. She sells tea and I'm thinking of getting into it. I already know quite a few people who would buy from me, so that's helpful. I just wanna know the ins and outs of things.

Also on Saturday we're putting the finishing addresses on the thank you cards we have to mail {I needed to get addresses for some} and Sunday those will be dropped in mail box :) For some people I've put a personalized letter in there. Like for my mum's friend who hosted my shower, I have put a letter in it to thank her extra for not only wanting to do it but for doing such a good job!

Sunday is probably movies and slight tidying.
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian OMG just saw your post; T&P that you're safe and the chaos ends soon.
  • Options
    So it sounds like I'm not the only one having a rough day/week. Yesterday I got an angry call from a faculty member about a new policy I was simply trying to communicate (ie I was the dreaded "messenger"). Then this morning I opened up an email from ANOTHER faculty member from the same department that called my request (note this is not MY request, but the policy) demeaning, uninformed, disrespectful and ridiculous. Ok, asshole. Let me get the Dean and a few VPs involved. So I did. Awaiting his apology now...(we'll see if that actually happens).

Sorry to not respond to everyone today. I am livid about being talked to this way by people that I've never even met and I just want to go home.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @beachyone15 OMG I would be angry too!! What the hell!
  • Options
    beachyone15beachyone15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2015
    @untouchablets - Obviously he's not the brightest crayon in the box because he put all this IN WRITING. Dumbass.

ETA: trying to type coherent sentences when I'm mad is hard.

• Options
    @beachyone15 - Holy shit! What a douche!

• Options
    @TwoDimes - it's a peer observation policy where at least once every 6 years, faculty have to be observed in class by another faculty member. They write a report on what they observed and any suggestions for improvement. Then the observed faculty member has to write a response (this was the part I was communicating to him) stating the observation took place and what they plan to modify (if anything) in regards to their teaching. Apparently this guy thought I was belittling him because he started spouting off about his "nationally-ranked program" and said that the observer gave no feedback as far as improvement. So basically, he's perfect.

• Options
    @beachyone15 That's absolutely ridiculous!!! Teachers at DH's school get observed all the time, it's protocol and necessary I think. I feel like there is always room for improvement and it helps to have outside input from your coworkers....even if you have a "nationally ranked program". What a douche!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards