Chit Chat
Options

Friday! (random questions about yourself)

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? The Big E! It's the biggest fair in New England so I'm going to eat deep fried everything

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? Nope

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? 8

Do you like bananas? Only if they still have some green on the skin, one brown speck and I will not touch it

What is your birthday month? March

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Driving

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? Remembering things such as dates, appointments, our general schedule

What are you wearing right now? patterned summer top, boot cut jeans, white boat shoes

What's your favorite dip? Toss up between french onion & guacamole

Re: Friday! (random questions about yourself)

• Options

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? Jets/Eagles game.  DH is a Jets fan.  Me Eagles.   :p    I was called into work a wedding this weekend.  They are having an oxygen bar, I curious how that will work.  Oh and the couple is eating separate from the guests and they having a huge entrance with buckets and sparklers.  Yeah, I can't wait to see how that actually works.

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? Nope

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? 7

Do you like bananas?  sure.  Although I go through phases where I eat them for a few weeks, then not for a few months, then back again.

What is your birthday month? July

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? cook

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? pretty much everything else :)

What are you wearing right now? a pullover fleece shirt, jeans, no shoes

What's your favorite dip? mango/ gaclamole dip.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? Absolutely nothing.

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? 5... it comes and goes in waves. Things change a lot around here and right now they're changing for bullshit political reasons, so I'm over it. But generally speaking it's a very good job and I work with a lot of great people. 

Do you like bananas? Yup! Just not not green.

What is your birthday month? April

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Everything

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? Cleaning the bathroom

What are you wearing right now? jeans, ballet flats, t-shirt, light summer blazer

What's your favorite dip? My MIL makes some really great queso that has a sweet salsa mixed into it. Mmmmmmm

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? Nephews first birthday bash!

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? No- I am terrible at this.

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? Not answering this one

Do you like bananas? I really try not to waste food but I agree- my bananas must be perfect specimens, one day shy of ripe, or I will not eat them

What is your birthday month? It's coming up ;-)

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Home repair

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? getting groceries on sale

What are you wearing right now? Auburn tee my BFF got me, hiking shorts, and a lot of dog hair

What's your favorite dip? I love dips of all kinds but I have to say- when I discovered buffalo chicken dip last year, it was life changing!

• Options

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? My next dress fitting is tomorrow

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? No. We are skipping Christmas gifts this year because of the wedding and house hunting

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? 6 (stupid impending government shutdown)

Do you like bananas? No, but I make myself eat them. I love banana bread, though!

What is your birthday month? September

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Patience

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? Being organized/getting shit done

What are you wearing right now? Black ballet flats, jeans, Boston Strong t-shirt

What's your favorite dip? French onion

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? Yes! I leave for New orleans tomorrow, and my birthday on tuesday :):)

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? Not even close

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? 5

Do you like bananas? I'm so-so on bananas. I HATE banana flavoured things though.

What is your birthday month? September

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Staying calm. He has like, no temper.

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? Everything else. Realistically - planning. I'm way more organized than he is.

What are you wearing right now? Long green sweater, pants.

What's your favorite dip? Jalapeno popper dip! http://allrecipes.com/recipe/233350/jalapeno-popper-dip/

• Options

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? Putting together our new bar cabinet.  Actually not looking forward to the putting together part, but looking forward to having it so I can fill it up and fit all the wedding gifts into our kitchen cabinets.  We have too much glassware and liquor.

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? No, and we usually only buy for H's nephews.

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? Around an 8 I think.  Wish I made more money but otherwise I'm happy with it.

Do you like bananas? No.  

What is your birthday month? May

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Remembering stuff.  He can remember the tiniest little details about things, whereas I forget all the time.  I think it bugs him haha.

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? Putting things together (see above), cooking, being organized in general.

What are you wearing right now? Black straight leg work pants from Loft, dark pink and black top from Costco (don't judge, I love me some Costco clothes) and ballet flats.

What's your favorite dip? French onion hands down.  Followed up by smooth salsa (not chunky).

Married 9.12.15
  • Options

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? Not really, we were on vacation last weekend so still just recouping

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? Not yet but I just signed up for Amazon Prime so will probably order stuff soo

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? 7-8

Do you like bananas? Nope. It's ok in a smoothie but the last time I tried to eat a banana I threw up right away

What is your birthday month? September (yesterday!)

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Fixing stuff and car stuff

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? Everything else? hehe. Remembering stuff, planning

What are you wearing right now? tshirt, jeans, Toms type shoes (but got them before Toms were popular)

What's your favorite dip? any queso or Mexican type dip

• Options

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? Two birthday parties, meeting with the florist, and my FI's brother's gender reveal party. Yes, I'm excited for that. No kids in my family so I'm excited to find out if I'm going to have a niece or nephew. And, cake.

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? Yes I bought a gift at an antique shop for my FFIL.

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? 8

Do you like bananas? Yes! 

What is your birthday month? August

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Handy work

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? Anything that involves the computer

What are you wearing right now? pink jeans, white tee, denim jacket, booties

What's your favorite dip? buffalo chicken

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2015
    jenna8984 said:

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? Tomorrow is busy, but hopefully Sunday I'll have time to bake.

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? No way

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? 2, and only because I'm assuming 1 involves actual, literal torture

Do you like bananas? Definitely

What is your birthday month? July

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? I hate to say this, because it makes me sound like a 1950's housewife, but money.

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? Getting stuff done.  I make lists, prioritize, and dig in.  He wings it, which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.  And he's a bad procrastinator.

What are you wearing right now? gray pants, purple cami, purple cardigan, black ballet flats

What's your favorite dip? My grandma makes this dip that's 50% cream cheese, 50% sour cream, and a decent amount of garlic powder--it sounds weird but I love it, and it always makes me think of her.

• Options
    kvruns said:

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? Not really, we were on vacation last weekend so still just recouping

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? Not yet but I just signed up for Amazon Prime so will probably order stuff soo

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? 7-8

Do you like bananas? Nope. It's ok in a smoothie but the last time I tried to eat a banana I threw up right away

What is your birthday month? September (yesterday!)

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Fixing stuff and car stuff

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? Everything else? hehe. Remembering stuff, planning

What are you wearing right now? tshirt, jeans, Toms type shoes (but got them before Toms were popular)

What's your favorite dip? any queso or Mexican type dip

I did too and it's amazing. Also happy belated birthday!

• Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2015

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? I am going to dinner (Mexican food) and seeing Black Mass on Saturday night with a friend. The theater I am going to watch it is not far from Winter Hill where Whitey Bulger's gang was named after.

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? I wait until mid-December

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? 4

Do you like bananas? Yes, until they turn brown.

What is one thing your SO is better at than you?

What is one thing you are better at than your SO?

What are you wearing right now? Black long sleeve shirt, jeans and black Toms ballet flats shoes

What's your favorite dip? 7 layer or guac

• Options

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? The beach!!!

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? 7. It would be higher if I didn't have to share an office with random temps and work-studys.

Do you like bananas? Yes, if they are still a little green. Once they get spots they go straight into banana bread!

What is your birthday month? January

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Looking at things objectively and keeping his temper in check whenever we have an argument.

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? Planning, organizing....oh, and spending $$$

What are you wearing right now? floral top with a black sweater, boot cut jeans, black wedges

What's your favorite dip? QUESO (and not that velveeta/rotel stuff...I'm talking actual Mexican restaurant quality).

• Options

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? Open house at the venue we have been looking at online! :)

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? No, but we did stash some money for the kids.

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? 5... I like my job, but it will be a whole lot better once I am actually a nurse!

Do you like bananas?  Yes, I actually had one with breakfast this morning.

What is your birthday month? July

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Dove Hunting

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? Taking care of the kids and remembering every little thing they have going on.

What are you wearing right now? Hot pink scrubs!

What's your favorite dip? Jalapeno Ranch Dip

• Options

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? Going to be high of mid-60s so I'm busting out my first tights of fall. I'm the basic-est of bitches. 

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? That requires money. :(

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? 9 (Though the assignment I'm working on right now is making me want to cry).

Do you like bananas? I do! 

What is your birthday month? November

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Making friends

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? Any sort of sportlike activity. 

What are you wearing right now? Black long-sleeved sweater, black-and-white gingham skirt, black bird earrings. 

What's your favorite dip? Tzatziki

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • Options

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? It's our first wedding anniversary on Sunday! We're going to do a little overnight trip Sunday to Monday so I have a three day weekend as well to look forward to.

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? Nope - was just thinking the other day that I need to start planning on what to get.

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? Between 7-8. 

Do you like bananas? Nope. I like banana bread, but generally bananas and anything banana-flavored gross me out. The texture of bananas is terrible and they don't taste much better. 

What is your birthday month? November

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? He's better at being patient. He's also better at driving and saving money. . 

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? Remembering things such as dates, appointments, our general schedule <-- ditto this. Some days I don't know how H gets from point A to B and back again because he doesn't seem to know what the hell is going on around him, ever.

What are you wearing right now? cobalt blue v-neck sweater, gray dress pants, black heels.

What's your favorite dip? Buffalo chicken dip! I ate my weight in it on Sunday during football.

• Options

@kvruns happy birthday!!

@arrippa Awesome, I can't wait to see that movie! I went to UMass so people would always talk about how his brother was the president of UMass lol

@cupcait927 happy anniversary!

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? My hair and makeup trial. Getting my new iphone, seeing my FILs for FFIL's birthday.

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? No, I usually start in November.

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? 4, it could be worse but it does not make me happy

Do you like bananas? No, I have tried to but have finally admitted that I just don't like them or anything with them.

What is your birthday month? January

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Sadly pretty much everything. I think I'm slightly more artistic but he's good enough at that that it's really nothing to brag about.

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? See above answer.

What are you wearing right now? green scoop neck sweater, bell bottom jeans, black flats

What's your favorite dip? Depends on the vehicle, corn chip = guacamole, anything else french onion

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? Getting some rest. I've had a never ending cough since the end of August and just increased my hours at work so I'm exhausted.

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? Not yet. I'll probably start looking for ideas soon though.

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? Anywhere between 3 and 8 depending on what's going on.

Do you like bananas? Sometimes

What is your birthday month? November

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Talking to people. I make him call all the people for our wedding. I'm just so awkward...

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? Napping. I work nights, I can sleep any time, anywhere :)

What are you wearing right now? gray and white tunic length top and black leggings, no shoes

What's your favorite dip? Taco dip

• Options

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? Sleeping in tomorrow, and football on Sunday!

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? I just bought this paracord survival bracelet on Groupon for a stocking stuffer for H.

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? 2. I like some of my coworkers, but the organization as a whole sucks and I'm severely underpaid.

Do you like bananas? Only if they are perfectly yellow, or have a tiny hint of green. A couple of tiny brown spots are ok, but only a few.

What is your birthday month? April

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Going with the flow. And mechanics.

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? Cooking. Well, being creative when cooking and getting good results.

What are you wearing right now? Jeans, my favorite tank top, a cardigan, and my Croc jellies.

What's your favorite dip? Guacamole on chips, artichoke jalapeno dip on bread

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? Boston Calling! It's a music festival held right in downtown Boston. My company sponsors it so I'm volunteering tonight and tomorrow night and get to hear lots of awesome bands for free!

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? Yes, I bought one yesterday! That's embarrassing...

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? 8

Do you like bananas? Yes!

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Math - He's getting his PhD in it and I can barely add in my head.

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? Planning - trips, weekends, etc.

What are you wearing right now? Jeans, sneakers and a company logo t-shirt since I'm volunteering tonight.

What's your favorite dip? Definitely Guac!

• Options
    ericasm0703ericasm0703 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2015

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? My sister's wedding and the drama that's about to ensue because of it

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? No; haven't even planned either

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? 9.8 for the firehouse, 2 for the restaurant

Do you like bananas? One of my favorites till they start to get too mushy

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Bargaining

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? Remembering things such as dates, appointments, our general schedule (same as OP).

What are you wearing right now? Capris and an Under Armour Sweatshirt

What's your favorite dip? Yikes, I don't have a "favorite" but my top three are buffalo chicken dip, bacon dip and 7 layer dip. I'm a major dip fiend...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? Sleeping in, and the wine/paint night tomorrow

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? No--i am a last minute shopper because i get excited to give the gift

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? 7

Do you like bananas? sure do

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? He can fix anything

What is one thing you are better at than your SO?  Patience, being on time, and cleaning

What are you wearing right now? navy shorts and a work shirt

What's your favorite dip? Depends what I am dipping, but typically ranch anything

Anniversary
  • Options
    Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? Sunday Funday in the D!  FI and I have seasons tickets for the Lions and it's our home opener and then to top it off, his buddy who he shares Tigers tickets with can't go to the game Sunday so I get to go to that too!

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? Nadda one!

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? 8ish

Do you like bananas? By themselves pre-ripe, yes.  Once they get ripe, they go in the freezer for my breakfast smoothies.

What is your birthday month? February

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Patience - he's a HS teacher, MS coach AND he's marrying me...man is a saint!

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? Negotiating

What are you wearing right now? Blue striped dress and brown riding boots

What's your favorite dip? Garden Fresh Tabouli Hummus!  But Campbells bought them out and I'm paranoid it's going to go away or suck soon.

• Options
    @ericasm0703 will you come back monday and fill us in on your sister's wedding drama? we love that hahaha. Also we're gunna need to know about this bacon dip....

• Options
    ChelleJayneChelleJayne member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2015

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? Spending time with the FI and catching up on some much needed sleep.

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? Yes.

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? 8

Do you like bananas? Sometimes, depending on my mood

What is your birthday month? May

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Fixing things.

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? Computer stuff

What are you wearing right now? Red top, skinny jeans and gladiator sandles.

What's your favorite dip? My maple sausage spicy cheese dip

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? I'm getting a new gate put in right now! Also catching up on cleaning and stuff while FI is out of town. My mom comes in tomorrow evening for dinner at my fave restaurant :) 

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? No

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? 3... busy season is coming... 

Do you like bananas? Love 'em! 

What is your birthday month? October

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Letting things go and de-stressing in general 

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? Planning 

What are you wearing right now? his old football t-shirt and a pair of black lounge pants. yay working from home! 

What's your favorite dip? Chuy's jalapeno ranch. nomnomnom

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

@ericasm0703 will you come back monday and fill us in on your sister's wedding drama? we love that hahaha. Also we're gunna need to know about this bacon dip....

Oh, absolutely! I'll link the recipe that I think is the best when I get back from the rehearsal dinner. We were supposed to start at 5...it's now 5:55 and we're still waiting on the pastor.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? Sleeping in and a 90min massage

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? Yup.  I bought the first on at a Boxing Day sale last year.  My Mom is taken care of already

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? Most days, 8-9, occasionally a 1-2

Do you like bananas? I eat them daily

What is your birthday month? Summer!!!

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Picking up after himself (and me too)

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? Everything else.  ;)  Little surprise things, I guess, like a card in his suitcase, hidden lifesavers when he's having a bad day, etc. 

What are you wearing right now? Lulu and UnderArmour

What's your favorite dip? Not a big dip fan.  Ranch for veggies I guess

• Options

Anything you're looking forward to this weekend? Taking a ride on a dinner train for a murder mystery show - bought tickets for hubby's birthday.

Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? No

On a scale of 1 terrible and 10 amazing, how happy are you with your current job? I'm on month 3 of unemployment - I'll be much happier working and bitching about my job whenever I find one!  Kentucky employment is tough since I don't want to drive 50 miles to Louisville one-way.

Do you like bananas? the actual fruit, yes - I HATE banana-flavored anything and especially hate smoothies with banana in it.

What is one thing your SO is better at than you? Cooking

What is one thing you are better at than your SO? baking

What are you wearing right now? tshirt and shorts

What's your favorite dip? ranch

• Options
    ericasm0703ericasm0703 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    Here [click] is the link for the bacon dip that I typically use for parties. It's one of the easiest dips I've ever made and is so delicious. I just use Tostitos with it, but you can use vegetables or bread with it as well.

ETA: broken link

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards