Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

2»

Re: .

• Options
    I agree that it sucks that it seems like the MOH flipped the script, but that's water under the bridge now.  If you are able to and want to pitch in for the brides ticket, then by all means, that's your prerogative.  But you can't expect other people to have a floating $50.00 they can chip in as well (especially presuming they have to buy flights/book rooms to where the wedding is on top of their outfits).

I'd sympathize with my friend and determine whether or not she can afford/wants to afford this trip.  If she can't/doesn't want to, you can always offer to host something at home.

I'm more jealous that your flights to Phoenix are so cheap!  We spent almost $500 each last trip!  
  • Options
    I can see why the bride would be upset with her MOH, as MOH has planned this trip that bride is not prepared to pay for.

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean it is up to the rest of the bridal party to cover the brides' plane ticket. Doesn't matter if her mother offered her home- that was her nice gesture to make. 

MOH should have discussed cost with EVERYONE prior. If the MOH intended to get all the WP to split the brides' plane ticket fare, that price should have been discussed before the BMs agreed to the trip/party. This can't be put on them now.

Likewise, the MOH, if she were booking the flights, should have said, "Bride, the flights are going to cost around $200, are you OK with that?". 

The only recourse bride has is either to suck it and pay, or tell MOH that the party needs to cancelled as she is unable to afford the cost. 

• Options
    why is the bride spending $130 for a car rental if 2 BMs and her mom are already in the town? I would hope one of those 3 people could get her from the airport and do some driving for the weekend? I suppose you can't expect that though
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards