California-Los Angeles
Options

Affordable bridal shower venues & ideas

Looking for affordable venue and ideas for a bridal shower for 30 people or less. The bridal party only consists of myself (matron of honor) and another bridesmaid, therefore money is a little tight. The future mother-in-law of the bride is throwing the bride a separate bridal shower she is hosting and the brides parent's have not offered to help with any wedding related expenses. Any ideas and suggestions would be helpful in the Los Angeles or Orange County area. 

Re: Affordable bridal shower venues & ideas

• Options
    Hi :) The Six restaurant in Studio City has a great outdoor patio. I was there one weekend when some girls were setting up for a bridal shower - it was super cute and really good food there.

Or if you want to go a whole other route - why not do something fun, like Malibu Wines where you just gather people, buy some wine and grab some blankets and picnic stuff to nosh on.

Or Lake Balboa is a beautiful outdoor spot with lots of picnic tables great for something like this, but get there early to reserve.

Another idea is to rent out an Air BnB cool house for a day (yes, my MOH had this idea ha!) and then bring in your own goodies and drinks. You could do a potluck if money is really tight. Or go to the 99cent store for decor - don't laugh but they totally have some cute decor like Mason Jars, etc. 

Lastly, why not just host it at you or the other bridesmaid's apartment or house? Keep it simple, and then you can probably do more with fun decor, cheaper drinks, make some brunch items, etc.

Keep in mind if you select a restaurant they will most likely may you do a headcount minimum spend for this amount so the other options might make more sense. 

Good luck :)