Chit Chat

SUPER BOWL!!!

I can't wait.    At least this year I have a team to pull for.  Not that I'm a true Bronco's fan, but I will pull for the state team.

What you are your plans?  Who are you routing for?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: SUPER BOWL!!!

• We are Redskins fans but will definitely be pulling for the Panthers (state team and all).

We are having people over to the house to eat and watch the game. We usually host it every year.

• H & I are Pats fans and are rooting for Carolina. I'm scheduled for another MRI this Sunday, so we will just be staying in and having snack foods during the game. I also love the ads - hopefully this year there are fewer tearjerker ads and more funny ones.
  • We are Giants fans.   Soooo we've been counting the days that pitchers and catchers report since around Christmas.   I think I may be rooting for the better looking brother. 

We're going to be home watching the game.  We're at the dumb age where we have the big TV but all our friends have young kids that go to bed about a 1/2 hour into the game.

So instead, I think we may treat the kids to dinner in front of the TV and we'll probably make loaded nachos, spinach and artichoke dip and have plenty of beer.   A pizza thrown in there wouldn't hurt.    My plan is to wear pants with no buttons.

• Panthers all the way.  Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

Oh, sorry, wrong Panthers!  Carolina is our home team, and everyone here is crazy-excited for the Super Bowl.  We have the usual busy weekend, but we will definitely be watching come Sunday night.  I told the kids they could take their baths early so they can stay up and watch the game in their pj's.
  • The joys of living on the Mountain time zone is a 4:20pm kick-off.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2016
    I'm more excited for the Puppy Bowl!

But I will watch the game for the commercials.  Probably going to make a crockpot full of chili with a side of cornbread.  As soon as 9pm hits I am switching on Downton Abbey.

• H is rooting for the Panthers but I'd like to see the Broncos win. I really don't care about football, but it would be neat to see Peyton Manning's last game be a win at the Super Bowl. 

As far as plans - we're going to the bar with his parents to watch the game and drink beers and eat my weight in bar food. 
  • I'm in Indy so rooting for Peyton along with a good portion of the city. No plans for the game. My company does a wellness program where you weigh in before Thanksgiving and weigh out the day after Super Bowl and you get $$ if you don't gain. Not gonna lie, I probably won't make it, but things trended slightly better so we will see. That does mean good eating this weekend and staying away from fried/salty/whatever game snacks
  • We are just no sports people but I usually watch for the commercials.  We came up to see our son this weekend for the Winter Carnival in Houghton so we won't even be around for the game.  I am really excited to see the McDonald's commercial with the Down's Syndrome Girl.  I've only seen a picture of her in the commercial but she has the most incredible ecstatic smile in it - melts my heart already.  Oh, and we will be eating on the road on Sunday because it takes 10 hours to get home - no good snacks for us.
  • I am a steelers fan but Cam Newton is my boy!! I love him. I hate the Mannings, both of them, so Panthers allllll the way.
  • banana468 said:

So instead, I think we may treat the kids to dinner in front of the TV and we'll probably make loaded nachos, spinach and artichoke dip and have plenty of beer.   A pizza thrown in there wouldn't hurt.    My plan is to wear pants with no buttons.

that is my plan every day
  • H and I are driving cross country to our new home in San Jose. We have to be there Sunday in order for him to start work the next day. Neither of us are sports people so we just realized the game is about 15 minutes from us! It'll be pretty interesting to say the least.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• hellohkb said:
    H and I are driving cross country to our new home in San Jose. We have to be there Sunday in order for him to start work the next day. Neither of us are sports people so we just realized the game is about 15 minutes from us! It'll be pretty interesting to say the least.

oh wow fun! well not the drive part maybe but the new adventure. what state are you leaving?
  • kvruns said:
    hellohkb said:
    H and I are driving cross country to our new home in San Jose. We have to be there Sunday in order for him to start work the next day. Neither of us are sports people so we just realized the game is about 15 minutes from us! It'll be pretty interesting to say the least.

oh wow fun! well not the drive part maybe but the new adventure. what state are you leaving?
    The drive hasn't been as bad as I thought, though with a cat in the car (in her carrier of course) I want it to go by quickly so she can be stretched out and relaxed. We were living in Delaware... 44 hour drive total. One day down, 2.5 more to go.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Broncos! I'm a Bills fan so I root for anyone who beats Tom Brady. Although all of my students will be happy if the Panthers win. 

We gave up cable so we have to watch the game at the bar. Will be a late night for us. 
  • hellohkb said:
    kvruns said:
    hellohkb said:

The drive hasn't been as bad as I thought, though with a cat in the car (in her carrier of course) I want it to go by quickly so she can be stretched out and relaxed. We were living in Delaware... 44 hour drive total. One day down, 2.5 more to go.

wow! that truly is moving across the country
  • ThxSugar said:
    I am a steelers fan but Cam Newton is my boy!! I love him. I hate the Mannings, both of them, so Panthers allllll the way.
    How on earth can you hate the Mannings?  

And yes, It's Broncos Country here.  We're hosting a party, probably 15-20 people coming.  Almost everyone on our street has their Broncos flags flying, except the one weird Steelers fan neighbor, he's probably still salty.
    Married 9.12.15
  • Making some mac 'n cheese,  hotdogs and Netflix and chill time! How is this any different from any other day?  It's not.

I don't really care for the commercials, Beyoncé or coldplay.  FI will be working, so I'm on my own.

• Well DH is a Pats fan (I'm a Bengals fan but after they are out I'm learning to root for the Pats) so we really don't like the Broncos. However this year DH made a dumb bet with his mother so if the Panthers win we pay to take them out to a restaurant of their choice and the one she chose is quite pricey so I'm kind of hoping they loose (though I doubt it) then we'll still go out to dinner but we'll split the bill. 

We're doing the super bowl just the two of us and I just got a pampered chef pizza stone for my birthday so I'm super excited to use it to make pizzas. And I'll make some guacamole! 

Also I don't understand why people keep comparing Brady and Peyton Manning. Even if Peyton wins this super bowl he still only has 2 rings to Brady's 4... There's a ton of other stats which just show how much these two QBs are in different leagues of accomplishments so I just don't get why there's the comparison there, it's not close, yet you'd think they were tied listening to sports commentators.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are in NC, so naturally we are rooting for the Panthers. Plus I just found out that Peyton's kind of a dick... sexually harassed a female trainer and maintains he wasn't in the wrong soooo...

Anyway, we are doing frozen pizzas with my parents at their house. I am bringing ingredients to make blue margaritas and spiked frozen blue lemonade. Mom and I will likely end up watching a movie or something plus the halftime show since we don't enjoy football. I still really want the Panthers to win though, since it's only their second time going in history and let's face it, they'll never have a season like that again.
  • @lyndausvi You know who I'm always rooting for. I'm wearing my throwback Bill Bergey jersey!

In all seriousness, I am rooting for Peyton to go out with a Superbowl win. If Carolina had entered undefeated I might have been hoping they went all the way undefeated because that's pretty cool. But as it stands I am wearing my Eagles jersey and rooting for the Broncos.

• Gaga did an awesome job with the National Anthem ... I still loved this, though ....

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2016
    Well, she sang it beautifully, and it is a very difficult song to sing well.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2016

Yea Broncos! I think a good portion of us in Indy were happy to see Peyton win even if it wasn't a pretty game for the offense.

Edit: Agree that Lady Gaga sang very well. She really does have a nice voice. I liked the Beyoncé dance off in the halftime show the best, though did anyone else see her stumble after a squat thing?

• I'm a Giants fan and DH is a Patriots fan, though we both have respect for and like Petyon Manning so we were rooting for him.  

I think the commercials fell a little flat and some of them were a little too sexually charged, especially the Expedia commercial to get a room for Valentine's Day.  But that's just my opinion, since the Superbowl is a family oriented event.

I'm bummed I missed Lady Gaga's performance.  I'm hoping Youtube has it so I can watch it later, but I did read and hear it was amazing!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kvruns said:

Yea Broncos! I think a good portion of us in Indy were happy to see Peyton win even if it wasn't a pretty game for the offense.

Edit: Agree that Lady Gaga sang very well. She really does have a nice voice. I liked the Beyoncé dance off in the halftime show the best, though did anyone else see her stumble after a squat thing?

yes! 
  • edited February 2016
    Did anyone else find the "NFL is family" commercials with the children singing about how they were conceived after SuperBowl wins a little...odd? At one point H said to me, "Are those kids really singing about how their parents banged"??
  • Did anyone else find the "NFL" is family commercials with the children singing about how they were conceived after SuperBowl wins a little...odd? At one point H said to me, "Are those kids really singing about how their parents banged"??
    Yes!!! H and I were crying laughing during that commercial!!!
  • Did anyone else find the "NFL" is family commercials with the children singing about how they were conceived after SuperBowl wins a little...odd? At one point H said to me, "Are those kids really singing about how their parents banged"??
    Yes!!! H and I were crying laughing during that commercial!!!

agreed! That was so weird! They had some of the kids and their moms on the news this morning and at least for the Colts I guess they put out an open call to season ticket holders with kids born between Oct and Dec in 2007 to use for the spot. just strange.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards