Chit Chat
Options

A different BM issue

2»

Re: A different BM issue

• Options
    My mom's maltipoo craps everywhere when he gets mad or excited or scared or basically has any emotion.

She brought him over the other night, and he kept trying to eat my dog's food (NBD). Then, he started getting aggressive- growling, baring his teeth, etc.- which is pretty hilarious since he weighs 12 lbs and my dog weighs 65.

Mom picked him up to get him away from the food, and he wiggled and wiggled and wiggled until he wiggled right out of her arms and hit the floor. Thankfully he didn't fall too far or he could have been hurt.

As a result, he spent the rest of the time relieving himself every few minutes out of anger.

• Options
    @short+sassy 's door story reminded me of another weird thing our dog Monty does: He is TERRIFIED of linoleum, and any other smooth floor surfaces. You have to go through our kitchen to get to the back yard, and instead of walking in a straight line through the kitchen, he will walk all the way around and through the hall, which is much closer to the back door.

I took Monty to H's work last night - H works in an airline hangar - and we practically had to drag him through the hangar because the floors are painted cement (though unpainted cement outside doesn't bother him). There was a small carpet in front of a door, and he went out of his way to walk over it. I swear, he thinks the floor is made of glass or something. He also startles really easily when he is on hard floors and often ends up sprawled out trying to run away. It's the strangest thing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My hair is really long and it's pretty much everywhere, no matter how much we sweep and vacuum. Sometimes our dog eats it and then when she poops, there's shit like, hanging out of her ass stuck to this hair that's still in there. It's so gross.

I am glad I am not alone in this... I have a lot of hair, and I shed, and our dog likes to eat my hair (sometimes straight from my head). It IS gross.
    Oliver (same cat whose head got stuck in the blinds) also has a thing for eating hair. Yuck.
  • Options
    My mom's maltipoo craps everywhere when he gets mad or excited or scared or basically has any emotion.

She brought him over the other night, and he kept trying to eat my dog's food (NBD). Then, he started getting aggressive- growling, baring his teeth, etc.- which is pretty hilarious since he weighs 12 lbs and my dog weighs 65.

Mom picked him up to get him away from the food, and he wiggled and wiggled and wiggled until he wiggled right out of her arms and hit the floor. Thankfully he didn't fall too far or he could have been hurt.

As a result, he spent the rest of the time relieving himself every few minutes out of anger.
    My dog doesn't poop out of anger but he does pee. H and I were upstairs having some alone time the other night and Fred got mad that he couldn't come up too. So he peed on my floor. I knew it wasn't because he had to go out because he'll pee by the door that leads outside if we wait too long. Nope, he peed on the cabinet we use as our bar. It's either on the bar or near the fireplace when he gets mad.

He also doesn't like when H goes running and will poop on the floor by the window (as he watches H run away) if no one else is home - I think it's because he's scared that H won't come back. If I'm home when H leaves, he'll just cry and cry and cry and won't let me calm him down. He'll then throw himself on H when he gets back and doesn't let him out of his sight.
  • Options

My dog doesn't poop out of anger but he does pee. H and I were upstairs having some alone time the other night and Fred got mad that he couldn't come up too. So he peed on my floor. I knew it wasn't because he had to go out because he'll pee by the door that leads outside if we wait too long. Nope, he peed on the cabinet we use as our bar. It's either on the bar or near the fireplace when he gets mad.

He also doesn't like when H goes running and will poop on the floor by the window (as he watches H run away) if no one else is home - I think it's because he's scared that H won't come back. If I'm home when H leaves, he'll just cry and cry and cry and won't let me calm him down. He'll then throw himself on H when he gets back and doesn't let him out of his sight.
    My second hamster, Pippin, used to get insanely jealous of things I gave attention to while holding him and he'd pee on me when he felt like I wasn't giving him the attention he deserved. It could be as small as talking to someone else who came in the room while I was holding him or if I stopped petting him while watching TV.

I adopted 2 dwarf hamsters while I had Pippin and he would get so jealous of them. I'd try to get him out but he'd fake that he was asleep so I'd go to get out the dwarf hamsters and he'd jump up and start climbing the bars and making noise to get attention. He was fine ignoring me at times as long as I didn't play with them. I also couldn't let him be in his ball at the same time as them because if he saw their balls he'd run into them and wedge them under the couch so they couldn't get out. I know it was intentional because he'd keep backing up and hitting them until I stopped it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @marriedhamstermom it is insane how smart hamsters are! I have had several of them over the years. My first one knew her name and she was a master escape artist. I mean seriously, she could get out of ANY cage we put her in. She got out in my room once during the night and I couldn't find her. I started calling her name and she squeaked back at me until I found her. They're like little people!

• Options
    @thefanciestbeckler I know they are so smart! They often get a rap for not being smart and stuff because they don't require as much work as like a dog but if you spend the time with them they are great companions. I'm glad there's more people who see that :)

My last hamster was an escape artist too. He watched us open his cage and learned how to do it himself so I had to keep a tie on it. He was always very observative like that, he'd watch really closely and then learn and while some things took him a while at first once he figured it out he had it mastered.

And they all have such different personalities. I've had several hamsters now and they all had distinctive personality traits. Our hamsters now look almost identical so a lot of times we tell them apart by their personalities. Dezi is cautious and listens and looks around first where Gronk thinks it's speed and strength that are important.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My 4 year old decided to make m soup one day when I wasn't feeling well. Awesome.

He did it in secret. With a whole carton of eggs, shredded cheese, yogurt, and bread pieces. We had to have a conversation about how while  appreciate such a generous treat, he can't "cook" in the kitchen by himself. SO many eggs. Everywhere. How he managed to crack them all so quietly, I'll never know.

My furchild is a long haired kitty named Charlie, and he goes BSC at 1am and 3am on the dot every morning. When making the bed last night I must have forgotten to push my bed back against the wall, so Charlie was running from one end of the room and sliding into this little space between the wall, and my bed. He got stuck and promptly starting meowing like he was being murdered.

• Options
    My 4 year old decided to make m soup one day when I wasn't feeling well. Awesome.

He did it in secret. With a whole carton of eggs, shredded cheese, yogurt, and bread pieces. We had to have a conversation about how while  appreciate such a generous treat, he can't "cook" in the kitchen by himself. SO many eggs. Everywhere. How he managed to crack them all so quietly, I'll never know.

My furchild is a long haired kitty named Charlie, and he goes BSC at 1am and 3am on the dot every morning. When making the bed last night I must have forgotten to push my bed back against the wall, so Charlie was running from one end of the room and sliding into this little space between the wall, and my bed. He got stuck and promptly starting meowing like he was being murdered.
    Oh bless his sweet little heart...

• Options

On the subject of jealous animals, my Izzy dog gets jealous so easily.  But she's not mean about it at least, she's just funny.  She'll be sitting on the floor, minding her own business, paying no attention to me...and then our cat (Nip) will jump onto my lap, and Izzy immediately drops whatever she is doing and puts her two front paws on my leg.

If my H gives me a hug or vice versa, there's Izzy.  Standing on her little hind legs wanting to be part of the attention.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My cat is a butt. I love her dearly but she's a butt. She weights 17 pounds and we have her on a diet, but still she's heavy. I usually feed her when I get home in the am from my night job. I've been sick the past week or so and when it was at it's worst (yay walking pneumonia!) I was pretty heavily drugged. Well even though her bowl was full while I was knocked out She crawled all over me meowing to get me up. I slept through it until she climbed on my stomach and jumped! Jumped with her 17 pound cat body on my stomach and angry meowed in my face. I woke up to FI laughing and trying to get her off me. 

• Options
    My cat is a butt. I love her dearly but she's a butt. She weights 17 pounds and we have her on a diet, but still she's heavy. I usually feed her when I get home in the am from my night job. I've been sick the past week or so and when it was at it's worst (yay walking pneumonia!) I was pretty heavily drugged. Well even though her bowl was full while I was knocked out She crawled all over me meowing to get me up. I slept through it until she climbed on my stomach and jumped! Jumped with her 17 pound cat body on my stomach and angry meowed in my face. I woke up to FI laughing and trying to get her off me. 
    When I lived with my parents, I had the same problems with my fat cat!  She would wake me up every morning so I could go feed her, even if there was food in the bowl (she wanted to be petted while she ate).  Eventually our morning routine turned into: 
    Cat wakes me up at 4am.  I walk cat to bedroom door; cat goes through bedroom door; I shut door in cat's face and go back to bed for 2 hours.  This happened until I got my own place.
  • Options
    I can't shut her out, cause then the dog will be shut out or locked in, or they'll be shut out together and fight and either way, I don't sleep. Butt. 

• Options
    missfrodo said:
    When I lived with my parents, I had the same problems with my fat cat!  She would wake me up every morning so I could go feed her, even if there was food in the bowl (she wanted to be petted while she ate).  Eventually our morning routine turned into: 
    Cat wakes me up at 4am.  I walk cat to bedroom door; cat goes through bedroom door; I shut door in cat's face and go back to bed for 2 hours.  This happened until I got my own place.
    My mom had one who would come up to us, stand on her hind legs, and tap us with her paw if there was so much as a fragment of poo in her litter box or a bare spot on her plate.
  • Options
    Was sleeping yesterday and she put her paw on my ear and tried to step on my head. That one hurt....claws in my ear.

• Options
    Was sleeping yesterday and she put her paw on my ear and tried to step on my head. That one hurt....claws in my ear.
    Ouch!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Ouch!
    I had no idea what was happening. I woke to me holding her  straight up with one arm while she tried to get downs by rocking back and forth. Dann these drugs knock me out. I'm trying to,help myself it's because I'm not home a lot right now and she misses me....not because she's mean and gets joy from kicking my ass while I sleep.

Etf spelling

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards