Not Engaged Yet
Options

Oh hi, Thursday, good to see you

Re: Oh hi, Thursday, good to see you

• Options
    @eilis1228 - If you were closer I'd totally go to the next quote-along with you!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @eilis1228 Fingers crossed that nothing comes up and you can pay off that loan in time! I love seeing my debt go down and watching my savings account grow. H is nothing like me when it comes to savings- he doesn't like having a separate savings account because he doesn't spend all his money- I'm like what is wrong with you that you don't love watching your money grow!

• Options
    @beachyone15

Why are you so far away?! :(

@untouchablets I have the plum one too :) 

@CocoBellaF Noooooooooo! Stupid weather getting in the way of fun. Maybe they'll do another one this year?

• Options
    @minskat30 YAY!!! That's great news!!!
  • Options
    @AlPacina - That panda is so fly. I'm glad you had so much fun last night! That's really awesome. I wish I had more IRL friends nearby but I don't know how to lol

• Options
    @alpacina I still think that name has a great ring to it! Also you look hawt!
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - It is so hard to make friends as a grown up!  I have exactly 1 friend here.  I feel really lonely lots of the time.  Which is why I have NEY!  :-) 
  • Options
    I'm not from here so I don't have a lot/any friends except for my work friends and I've lost touch with a lot of them. I've also broken up with a few friends because I can't take a ton of negativity. NEY has greatly improved my social life even if I've never met most of you. It's nice to have people to talk to besides BF :) also making plans gives me horrible anxiety and I'm always afraid of being stood up lol
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @twodimes - the worst part about living far away from my family is that I don't get lots of sweet nephew time :( My sister gets to babysit our nephew all the time, and I've only met him once. We're closer (proximity) to H's brother & SIL, and we visit w/his family a lot more often, so I'll probably end up being closer (relationship) with that niece or nephew (we find out in two weeks!), and that hurts my heart a little bit. 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    Yeah, count me in for the very few friends things. We have been trying to go out with other couples and it just hasn't been working. However a friend of BF's from work lives about 10 houses down from us and we have been getting to know them better. BF is going to his Bach party in June and they actually invited a bunch of people out to a bar and they sat me and the FI together so that we could "get to know each other." It was like a date like @AlPacina said. BF later told me him and the FI were watching and commenting like "This is going really well! Look at them getting along!"
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 I feel you on the BF only having a few friends. I really only like one of BF's friends and we only see him once a year. I've tried for nearly 7 years to like the rest of them, and just when I think they've started to respect me and our relationship they blow it again. I never look forward to seeing them, and when I do I don't have fun, so I wind up just sitting out of things even though I want to be included.
  • Options
    RE: no friends...I totally relate to this. Like @GoldenPenguin I don't generally want to do stuff after work during the week. I had no friends here until December when I made an effort to befriend the wife of one of H's friends. Now we talk every day, commute to and from work together most days, and hang out every weekend. Life is so much better. But I don't feel the need to have a large friend group.

@twodimes - That story breaks my heart because I think you're awesome and I'd love to get snowed in with Indy! I had a similar experience. Last spring H had a soccer game with 2 of his friends. I decided I needed to make an effort to befriend his friend's wives so I invited them over for brunch while the boys played soccer. They said they'd come but then when the day rolled around they went MIA. I sat on my couch with food and mimosas waiting for hours until they texted to say they were too hungover to come. I was so embarrassed. Fast forward 7 months to my bachelorette party and they did the same thing. After that I decided I was done with those bitches.
  • Options
    @TwoDimes I've had the same thing happen to me! I hate throwing parties because I feel like no one will show up.
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - Awwwww that story made me so sad! 

You're definitely not alone. Not including people I met on TK or H's friends, I have 1 IRL friend (my BFF/MOH from college). 

I'm not from NJ and even though I went to college in NYC, I fell out of touch with pretty much everyone. 

H is from here and his friends/family are within 30 minutes of our house so he has no idea what it's like. 

• Options
    @TwoDimes hahahaha I actually ordered "mimosa, hold the orange juice" a couple of weeks ago at brunch with some friends. They were waaaaay too heavy on the OJ and too light on the champagne. It was an atrocity. Brunch is the best thing ever. 

• Options
    jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    @twodimes I am incredibly jealous of your Sunday ritual. Also, since those bitches are married to H's 2 best friends, unfortunately they will be in my life for the foreseeable future. I could go on an on with the stories of how horrible these girls are. One of them spent my entire rehearsal dinner (which she was 3 hours late to), part of my wedding reception (she was also late to my ceremony), and part of the brunch the next day showing random people pictures from HER wedding.....which was 18 months ago and was actually a PPD because she actually got married 15 months before that. At my engagement party she also said that she would be so sad if her proposal hadn't been a surprise.....right after I had told her that I knew it was coming before H proposed. Come to find out later her proposal wasn't a surprise at all because she gave her H an ultimatum: propose to me by X date or I'm going back to my ex. My hate for her knows no end.

ETA: She also loves to lie and tell everyone that she and H paid for their wedding (actually PPD), when in fact her parents paid for it. I don't care who paid for your wedding or how much it cost. Just don't lie about it. They also took $12k from his parents for their HM, but only spent $6k and pocketed the rest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards