Chit Chat
Options

Confessions

Re: Confessions

• Options
    I really want to tell parents what I see from their kids, cos some of them are clueless.  But I like my job, so I just bitch to DH.  He thinks my job is so much more entertaining than his (he's an Engineer, so it probably is, but still)

• Options
    caschwa620caschwa620 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2016
    I didn't do anything today except for troll TK.. 
    accomplished nothing and don't give a damn. 
  • Options
    Sherbie25 said:
    I start from chit chat and work my way down to wedding woes looking for drama to read about. I'm sure I'm not the only one!

ps: I like the nice stories as well!
    Me too, but...

• Options
    Sherbie25 said:
    I start from chit chat and work my way down to wedding woes looking for drama to read about. I'm sure I'm not the only one!

Yes, I do this too. All day.

• Options

I literally fell asleep at my desk yesterday.  Not exaggerating, like jerked myself awake.

So yeah, I need more TK to read.

• Options
    Sherbie25 said:

Me too, but...

Sherbie25 said:

Yes, I do this too. All day.
    Sherbie25 said:

I start at Chit Chat, and then check Etiquette, and then I move on to the Most Popular stories on the main page. I get really excited when I find drama!
    Love it when I see 'deleted user' or '.' Heehee X 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I have to start with notifications and then move from top to bottom. I can't select any boards out of order! My favourite board is etiquette. I've learned a lot but I also enjoy a bit of the drama.
  • Options
    Moms & Maids and Wedding Party are often drama-filled too. Occasionally Wedding 911 will have some. And Invites & Paper (usually when etiquette issues are uncovered via people looking for "unique" or interesting wording). But never forget the all-powerful bat signal! Thank you Knottie#s for making our lives richer with your batshitness.
    Invites and Paper?  Interesting.  It sounds so mundane.  I didn't realize I was missing out, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Moms & Maids and Wedding Party are often drama-filled too. Occasionally Wedding 911 will have some. And Invites & Paper (usually when etiquette issues are uncovered via people looking for "unique" or interesting wording). But never forget the all-powerful bat signal! Thank you Knottie#s for making our lives richer with your batshitness.
    Invites and Paper?  Interesting.  It sounds so mundane.  I didn't realize I was missing out, lol.
    I love the invites board. On a lucky day you get a 'do I really have to invite my friends new boyfriend that I have never met' and then I'm all 'wheee!  Grab the popcorn'.  I also learned a lot on that board and like to help out. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    laurad75 said:
    I love the invites board. On a lucky day you get a 'do I really have to invite my friends new boyfriend that I have never met' and then I'm all 'wheee!  Grab the popcorn'.  I also learned a lot on that board and like to help out. 
    I never read the I & P board before I was the moderator, so I was really surprised over the occasional drama. My favorite threads have challenged traditional etiquette in regards to sexist or homophobic wording. We've had some interesting discussions over there.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    I feel guilty about telling FW that no one on our guest list can afford to buy us a set of Wusthof knives. (Some of the sets cost what I make in a week!) I also had to gently suggest that instead of buying a case of Girl Scout cookies, we really needed to use that money for actual groceries. (Especially since I spent $155 at the emergency vet today for the dog. He's fine, just an ear infection.)
  • Options
    Instead of being at church, I'm making breakfast for FW, roommate, and me. I don't feel guilty at all.
  • Options
    Instead of being at church, I'm making breakfast for FW, roommate, and me. I don't feel guilty at all.
    Instead of being with family, we just had brunch and are drinking mimosas!
  • Options
    I feel guilty about telling FW that no one on our guest list can afford to buy us a set of Wusthof knives. (Some of the sets cost what I make in a week!) I also had to gently suggest that instead of buying a case of Girl Scout cookies, we really needed to use that money for actual groceries. (Especially since I spent $155 at the emergency vet today for the dog. He's fine, just an ear infection.)
    Can you register for individual knives? 
  • Options
    Instead of being with family, we just had brunch and are drinking mimosas!
    We don't live near any family so we are about to head out to drink all the cocktails, I'm not religious but I'm happy to celebrate any day that gives me some time off work!

• Options
    banana468 said:
    Yes, you can. I may do that.
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of registering by singles.   Ditto the same way for pots and pans.  
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    This exactly! You don't really need all the knives that come in a traditional set. We have about three knives we use all the time: paring, utility and santuko. My DD and SIL registered for one Wusthof knife and got it as a gift. They will have it for a very long time.
  • Options

We're dog sitting. The dog smells like balls and snores. He can't handle sleeping alone (he usually sleeps in his people's bed) and he whines when he wakes up in the middle of the night alone in his crate.

I'm making H sleep on the couch with him. I'd rather sleep without H than have this dog snoring and smelling up our bedroom. Our dog prefers it too - she hates this dog.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Confession: I am all-consumed by this home buying process. I've been dreaming of furniture for weeks now, including a recent nightmare when I had too much furniture to fit in our new place. 
    I just printed graph paper online and sketched out our new living area. I have my new couch dimensions and am trying to fit it in different places in the living room. Unfortunately I don't have the dimensions of our entertainment unit or anything else yet. 
    I'm also unreasonably stressed that our new couch won't fit through any door. Stupid old-fashioned buildings and their weeny doors. Of all the things I measured during inspection, we failed to measure the doors. 
    Oh yeah, and I'm at work of course so I'm sitting here with graph paper and pencils on my desk, things I never use otherwise...But my boss is on vacay. 

• Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    banana468 said:
    This exactly! You don't really need all the knives that come in a traditional set. We have about three knives we use all the time: paring, utility and santuko. My DD and SIL registered for one Wusthof knife and got it as a gift. They will have it for a very long time.
    I highly recommend a good santuko! It will change your life chopping ;).

We have a basic set of Henckels (you can get the kind with one man on it or two, the two man products are the higher end line). A we registered for a santuko and pairing knife from the higher end line- love them.
  • Options
    i have been watching the vampire diaries trolling tk and weddingbee instead of homework. i am so bored.... hope i get a response from one of these interviews
  • Options
    I'm craving a Nutella and potato chip sandwich. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards