Not Engaged Yet
Options

Beautiful Tuesday

Good morning!! The weather is so gorgeous today, I just want to be outside and get some sun on my skin.

Last night was pretty uneventful, DH and I both worked out and we had leftovers for dinner. We finished watching GOT and I hate waiting a whole week to see the next episode. I wish they just gave it to us all up front so I can binge watch it. 

Last night I went through my closet and pulled out a bunch of clothes for consignment. Hopefully they will take most of them since they are all still in good shape...they have just been sitting in my closet and I barely ever wear them anymore. I would find myself thinking about wearing them and then constantly changing my mind so they need to go.

Also Callie tried pancakes for the first time! She actually enjoyed them. They were super easy for her to eat since they became really mushy after she gummed them for a few seconds. This will definitely be a staple now on weekends for breakfast.

Not much happening tonight...we plan to workout and have leftovers yet again lol. I swear whenever I make these bean soup it lasts us for DAYS...I don't mind it but the time we are done with it I'm so sick of it.

Re: Beautiful Tuesday

• Options
    @PamBeesly524 Home brewing is a ton of work! A friend of a friend does home brewing and he actually sells his own beer. It's definitely a passion of his and I would never have the patience to do that lol.
  • Options
    @Swazzle I do the same thing...I will wear something and then see myself in the mirror and I'm like...UGH why am I wearing this?!? I feel like I just do it because I want to get use out of all my clothes even though I don't like all of them. It's silly when you think about it lol.
  • Options
    Ugh @jenna8984 it sounds like I need to read that book. I get rid of a lot of things maybe a couple times a year but I never get rid of my expensive items which is my issue. I look at skirts that definitely don't fit me anymore but I LOVE THEM so that's why I don't say bye when I definitely need to lol.
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 Even duplicates.....I had like 5 white camis, 5 black ones, 4 grey ones. And I was like well if I only wear one of each color during the week and I do laundry weekly...then there's no point in having all of these taking up space. And it really has worked out, I got rid of all the duplicates and I've been totally fine with what I have! It teaches you to stack your drawers horizontally rather than vertically (like they do in dept stores) and it's amazing once you can open the drawer and see each piece lined up you can really tell the ones you don't wear. Because they aren't stuffed on the bottom anymore.

• Options
    @minskat30 Sorry you're worried about Raj... It's tough knowing that a pet is in pain and has to go through a surgery. Just keep thinking about how much better he'll feel after the surgery and after he heals - he's a strong pup!

And yay for no one passing out - I feel like H would totally be that guy. He passed out a couple of years ago when he cut his hand on glass and needed stitches - the dr. put a needle in the wound to numb it and he zonked right out! He said it felt weird being jabbed around in there.

as for homebrewing - I absolutely do not have any room for it, but I wish I did! I also can't really regulate the temp in my apartment very well so my space is out. Luckily our dept. VP has a house with a basement, so she's storing it down there for the week. Can't wait to try it!
  • Options
    @PamBeesly524 - Thank you for the reminder, Raj is strong.  He's a tough cookie but he turns into the biggest baby when he is sick so it breaks my heart.  Honestly, we just have to get through the surgery day and that night we'll visit him in the hospital with a fresh rotisserie chicken like we did the last time (he curled up in my lap...well as much as a 120lb dog can...and ate it from my hands last time) then get through the first two weeks.  From there he should be on the mend somewhat.  It cracked me up a little that your H would be the dude to pass out.   

@swazzle - Your post made me smile.  That IS a lot to be thankful for.  And your H's text is just the absolute sweetest.  
  • Options
    @minskat30 Haha she does kind of pause for a second to think about what she just put in her mouth. It's cute. I'll be thinking about Raj, I know he will be just fine! Also, I remember when we toured our L&D rooms that I was like omg....we are going to be in HERE! It really hit us hard then. It gave me all the chills.
  • Options
    @minskat30 - Sweet Raj.  I hope it's easy for him and for you all.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @beachyone15 I'm loving your post for the gif....not because it's gonna hail! I hope your house doesn't get damaged even more!

• Options
    @beachyone15 - Off the top of my head, I'm not sure.  It's what our OB office offers.  Google says LINK HERE.  I just know I really want to see some hair on that baby!!
  • Options
    @KeptInStitches - Why do you need approval from your parents to wear a dress? I think I missed something.

• Options
    @cu97tiger - Thank you.  Thinking of you guys.  I'm glad your work is somewhat flexible too.  I had a brat (cheese brat) last night for dinner and it was divine.  I hope yours is just as good. ;)

@keptinstitches - I'm glad you had a good anniversary!  You do NOT need cups sewn into that awesome dress though unless you want them in...I think you look stunning in it as-is.

@labro - EVERYTHING crossed that the tile work gets done today.
  • Options
    @swazzle, @cu97tiger - perhaps "approval" isn't quite right. Words are challenging today. I think what I'm looking for is a "pick your battles" type of situation. My parents tend to have very conservative tastes in clothing, and this is my brother's wedding - there will be photos.
  • Options
    @beachyone15  jeez that hail needs to give you guys a break!!

@TwoDimes is that a movie now, or coming soon? Title sounds familiar!
  • Options
    @TwoDimes  Thought so! I do want to try and read the book before thinking about seeing it!
  • Options
    @cocobellaf hope you are safe from tornadoes
    @minskat30 vibes for Raj!
    @southernpeach89 yay for pancakes! 
    @PamBeesly524 good luck home brewing! My bf's brother used to (not sure if he still does) home brew and is the one who got me hooked on porters.  He did it out of an apartment, so depending on how much you plan on making shouldn't take up too much space. 
    @jenna8984 I may have to look into that book too.  I try to declutter every few months, but there's always something I refuse to get rid of even though I never use/wear it.  Like purses, even if they break I just can't get rid of them. 

Morning everyone. Today has been off to a gloomy start.  While I was getting ready this morning my mom sent a group text to the family that my step dad's father passed away in his sleep last night.  He was 96 years old and has been having some medical issues since Thanksgiving.  His parents live a few miles from my office so I'm going to stop by after work to keep his mom company.  I feel so bad for my step dad.  His mom has Parkinsons and his dad was the one who took care of her.  The past year, the burden has fallen on my step dad and mom.  There's no way his mom can live on her own, she's completely dependent on others, but she also refuses to leave her home.

Good news though, hopefully this gloomy, rainy weather is putting out the forest fires we've been having.  And my sister has a dr appt today to get an Emmy update.  

• Options
    @speakeasy14 - So sorry to hear that. Really hoping you'll get some good Emmy news today!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Has anyone watched the movie Max? We watched it last night, and I definitely recommend.  It's about a military dog. Calla enjoyed it too, and kept inspecting the TV every time a dog barked haha
  • Options
    Thanks @TwoDimes - I know the surgery is necessary so that gives me a great deal of comfort at least.  He'll be in more pain without the surgery down the road than with it.  Just have to get him through two weeks of hell for recovery. 

@speakeasy14 - Your poor sister.  I'm hoping for good Emmy news!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards