Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tuesday

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    @jenna8984  How .... okay you know what? Instead of asking how, I'm kidnapping you and feeding you poutine!! :) I promise baby will love it. Fries, beef gravy and cheese curds. Delish!
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @beachyone15 Good luck with the regime change! Hopefully nothing alters much with your current positions. Leadership changes are always so stressful!

• Options
    @jenna8984 The plan is once the construction is done on the next house, we'll move in there and rent out our current house.  Then do the same once we find another house.  My bf's plan is to have multiple houses that will eventually pay for our forever home.  I'm most excited for this house because it has land, which means Calla doesn't have to be constantly on the leash.  Right now we're right on a major road, so she has to be on a leash.  Too much of a risk of her getting hit by a car.
  • Options

@southernpeach89 - Yay for your H!!!  But boo that you're a zombie today.  I sort of feel your pain.  I haven't slept much the past couple weeks because of pain, and it's really starting to get to me.  I put on some slightly pink lip gloss this morning and covered up the circles under my eyes, and everyone at work is telling me I look so refreshed.  I guess I should do that more often?  HA.  Are you open to co-sleeping?  At this point, H and I don't want to co-sleep, but some people are all for it.  Or maybe sticking her in a rockeroo or something right next to the bed?  Poor Callie and poor mom and dad! 

**snip**
    Well....at this point I'll do anything that will get Callie to sleep so yes we have co-slept. We don't do it every night but if it gets to the point where she will not fall asleep for more than 20-30 minutes at a time then we will put her in bed with us.

Just to let you know...I didn't want to co-sleep before having Callie and we didn't for a long time but you never know what you would do just so your child will get some rest. I wouldn't count it out yet. That goes for a lot of things that you say you won't do and you end up doing just for the sake of ease on you and your baby.

We packed away her rock n play because I'd rather her co-sleep with us vs. getting used to the rocking motion and relying on that to fall asleep. Plus she doesn't really fit in her's anymore.
  • Options
    @eilis1228 You just read my mind. I told DH to fast forward. I could not bare to even think of what was going to happen. I can't handle that stuff.
  • Options
    @labro - Thank you!!
    @futuremrshistorian - I see what you did there ;) Congrats on the weight loss!
    @eilis1228 - While the pay isn't great, the benefits are amazing! 100% paid healthcare, yes please!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @beachyone15 Ha, that's pretty much my situation at my current job. AMAZING benefits with semi-OK pay. I would likely have to take a paycut for a university job, but the benefits might end up being slightly better. The application also requires a short essay, which is just ridiculous. I'm still mulling it over.

@southernpeach89 Me either. It was awful! :( Other than that scene, it was a really good episode!

• Options
    @eilis1228 some dogs just don't like it, Coraline actively complains when I have her do it lol but she does do it on command without a treat. This dog in particular will "down" enthusiastically with a treat lure and will follow a hand signal SOMETIMES, but doesn't do it with a verbal command, which tells me that she just needs more practice. And under normal circumstances, I wouldn't care because it's not an important command, but she needs to do it to pass the CGC test and he wants her to become a service dog so it's obviously a requirement for that too.

I had a dog who refused to go down with a food lure the traditional way, so we ended up tricking her into going down for a belly rub and luring her into position from there, that worked amazingly well so if you really want Zoey to learn it you could try that!
  • Options
    @TwoDimes i2i!

@untouchablets Hahahah Zoey actively complains a lot when we make her sit when she's hyper. I always tell her, 'I don't care, young lady! Sit!" and she does it. It's so funny. We've gotten her to sit by just snapping our fingers, which is really good. I'll definitely try that method for "down." I've used treats and her favorite toys, but her little butt pops up every time. She only lays down when she's tired. She may be more open to learning that when she's older and has a little less energy.

• Options
    @eilis1228 yep normally it's the dogs who are energizer bunnies, only laying down to sleep, who won't learn down, they don't have time for that! The one I did the belly rub trick with had a LOT of energy and focus issues lol I felt so accomplished when she finally learned it!
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - Thanks for the advice.  I'm open to doing whatever it takes, but hooooopefully we won't need to co-sleep very often.  We are getting something similar to a rockaroo to put her in, next to my side of the bed.  I think on weekends and nap time co-sleeping won't be a big deal, but H is just really, really nervous about all night co-sleeping.  So we'll see!  Just like everything else, I'm prepared for my Plan A to fail.  :)
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF I mean yea we are still nervous about co-sleeping which is why we don't sleep most nights because we are usually half awake when she is in bed with us. It's all about her though so if she sleeps that's what we want. You will find out what works for you.
  • Options
    @wink0erin  I'm dying to know what you listened to now ;)
  • Options
    @AlPacina  I'm really lame so I don't change it up much, but my mum and I did opt for deep fried cheese curds. Matt got the double pulled pork {fries, gravy, cheese curds, bacon and pulled pork with bbq sauce}
    There are lots of different variations lol
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @wink0erin Somehow blasting music always makes me more productive too. It drives H crazy though! Last night I started to turn on music so we could work in the bathroom and he's all "Can you keep the volume low". Hush, old man!

@AlPacina Good luck! What kind of fish are you making??

• Options

@labro - I'm making the SkinnyTaste Baked Garlic Lemon Tilapia. I honestly don't think I've ever had tilapia, now that I think about it..

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @AlPacina Oh it'll be so easy and yummy! We bake tilapia all the time in the oven. I struggle with grilling fish but baked it always comes out perfectly. You'll be fine!!

• Options
    @alpacina thanks! I was really hesitant. I left management to do this, I don't want to go back into it! But it's gonna work out really well so I'm glad I took the time to think about it too :) good luck on your fish cooking tonight! I love tilapia!
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger I went through a few CDs for bands I forgot existed, probably because none of them were big names and all of them honestly sucked. I was really into the local music scene when I was 17-20 years old.

• Options
    wink0erinwink0erin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2016
    @alpacina Love the patio set!!! I have a landscaper coming to my place tomorrow to do a consultation for the patio I want to put in. I can't wait to be able to chill outside!

• Options
    @AlPacina that's what bug repellent is for 
  • Options
    Mmmmm all this baked tilapia talk has me craving it. I know what I'm making for dinner tomorrow!

@untouchablets That's exactly it! She only lays down when she's tired and/or wants to chew on her antler or bully stick. When we interact with her, she wants to be up and active.

@AlPacina I remember her roommate not being that funny of a character (minus the Pinot Noir bit), so I can totally see that being true. I really like her boss and her landlord in season 1. I really love Tina Fey, but sometimes her writing falls flat/is overrated.

@wink0erin Holy productivity, batman! Wow! You should come blast music and organize my garage. ;-) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards