Snarky Brides

Re: Best Pinterest Board Ever

• Options
    bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2016
    OMG THE BALLOONS.  I don't know why that cracked me up so much.

ETA This is the best Friday Fix ever.  Thank you for saving today, @ScottishSarah

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    I loved the Hipster Ballet Cowgirl. I may have to add this girl's Pinterest board to mine to follow. I'll bet she has drink recipes somewhere too...
  • Options

"She's forgetting rule number 7, which is, "Don't take this insulting set of conditions around what is supposed to be your own heartfelt and personal expression as indication that I'll be a self-absorbed and selfish shrew-wife."
  • Options
    This is all kinds of fabulous and just the snark I needed today! Thank you so much for sharing!!!
  • Options
    Just wasted an hour with that. Not wasted...enjoyed an hour with that on company time. 
  • Options
    This is great!

• Options
    Glorious!  Thanks for posting! 
  • Options
    This is the best!  "Recession Chic Budget Wedding-Step 1, get the fuck of Pinterest"

Now I want wedding plinko to be a thing.
  • Options
    This made me so happy today!
  • Options
    MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    This is AMAZING. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

"She's forgetting rule number 7, which is, "Don't take this insulting set of conditions around what is supposed to be your own heartfelt and personal expression as indication that I'll be a self-absorbed and selfish shrew-wife."
    Hold on, my FI only used my first name.....maybe I'm not really engaged? 

• Options

Let's see...  DH did:

1.  Not ask for my father's blessing
    2.  Not really make it a complete surprise, since we'd been ring shopping for months.  I mean, his timing was excellent, but it wasn't a "complete surprise."
    3.  Not use any part of my name.
    4.  Not get down on one knee.
    5.  Not have someone catch it on camera.
    6.  Not make sure my nails were done.

He also didn't have a ring... Should I be questioning the validity of my marriage?!? :flushed:
    Oh no!  Looks like my relationship is invalid/doomed, too!  We talked about getting married, decided to go for it, shopped for rings together, and he made an offer on the ring we picked on eBay while we were waiting for a friend to join us for Thai food.  Then we told everybody about our decision, starting with our parents.  Not one full name or secret photographer or manicure or bended knee involved.

Shit.  Do-over?
  • Options

My FI asked my mom and my son. It wasn't important to me, but it was to my mom. It was a complete surprise. I cannot remember if he used my full name, but he probably did. He did get down on one knee. It was not on camera and if he'd made sure my nails were done, he'd never be able to propose.
  • Options

Let's see...  DH did:

1.  Not ask for my father's blessing
    2.  Not really make it a complete surprise, since we'd been ring shopping for months.  I mean, his timing was excellent, but it wasn't a "complete surprise."
    3.  Not use any part of my name.
    4.  Not get down on one knee.
    5.  Not have someone catch it on camera.
    6.  Not make sure my nails were done.

He also didn't have a ring... Should I be questioning the validity of my marriage?!? :flushed:
    Now that you mention it, that half-arsing bastard only did one out of seven. I don't even think I should marry someone who thinks so little of me. He obvs doesn't love me or he'd have gone to the extra effort of kneeling.

• Options
    MCmeowMCmeow member

This whole year I assumed I was engaged but he used my nickname and my nails weren't done! He's not religious so he only notified my parents instead of asking for a blessing (wow he must be the anti-Christ). So embarrassing. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm so sorry for you @glasgowtolondon I think @CMGragain would have suitable wording for calling off your marriage.  What a dick.
  • Options

I'm so sorry for you @glasgowtolondon I think @CMGragain would have suitable wording for calling off your marriage.  What a dick.
    If I hadn't joined TK I'd never have known. Lucky escape  ;)

• Options

If I hadn't joined TK I'd never have known. Lucky escape  ;)
    At least we can now spare ourselves being sorry for your future husband. Phew. Think of all that emotional turmoil you just saved future bridezillas.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    Just seen on Pinterest some girls have like whole boards dedicated to their dream proposals.  

I've defiantly been doing this wrong.  I want a redo with an art photographer, stunning location, and a puppy and/or kitten with a Tiffany emerald cut diamond tied round its neck.
  • Options
    All these elaborate proposals make me want to vomit. Just like the super elaborate wedding, proposals are being made into a business. On the other hand, in my circle (as parents and as B/G years ago), it is considered nice for the person to ask the parents blessing/approval not permission. I was a bit annoyed that SIL talked to H and not both of us like most of my friends SILs did. Oh well, NBD really.
  • Options

This gets so old. 

1. H asked after the fact because, as the person he wanted to marry, he wanted me to know first. 
    2. Proposed when I came for a visit while he was gone for the summer. He'd also vaguely asked my opinion on rings so I was pretty sure it was coming. 
    3. He didn't use my full name. 
    4. He forgot to get down on one knee. 
    5. No one was there to get it on camera. 
    6. We'd been hiking all day and so I was sweaty and fairly gross. Pretty sure I had dirt under my nails and they certainly weren't done. 

I already married him, so I can't call it off. :(  I'm sure we'll be getting divorced any day now. 
  • Options
    1. FW did ask my Dad, and he laughed.
    2. We'd picked out rings together, so no surprise.
    3. We may have used each other's full name.
    4. We were sitting on the bus.
    5. It's possible someone caught it on camera, not sure.
    6. My nails are rarely done.
  • Options
    1. Explicitly told him I did not want that, wouldn't have been happy if he did
    2. Not a surprise at all, we share our bank accounts and worked on the ring together and decided when we would become "officially" engaged 
    3. I think he may have? Honestly can't remember 
    4. Don't think he did, don't mind either way 
    5. Was in the bedroom, would have been odd if someone was in there with us
    6. They were done, but only because they are always done

Shit, I will have to tell him we need to redo the proposal. And since his family weren't happy that he didn't ask my father for PERMISSION I guess he should do that as well. 
  • Options
    Seriously why did that have to end.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Well if that ain't the most practical thing I've ever seen, I never knew something could be overly laborious AND totally fucking uncomfortable!!

I love this one, particular after that thread yesterday!

• Options
    ScottishSarahScottishSarah member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2016
    I wonder how much it cost to put the hay bale sofas together?  

Just checked the website of the catering hire firm I'm using and chair hire starts at 1.30 GBP and goes up to (gasp) 2.35 GBP for the ultra trendy Chivari chairs including a free seat pad to match your colour.  Or do what @OurWildKingdom is doing and borrow them for free!

But please don't ask your guests to sit on a cow's dinner.
  • Options
    MCmeowMCmeow member

Well if that ain't the most practical thing I've ever seen, I never knew something could be overly laborious AND totally fucking uncomfortable!!

I love this one, particular after that thread yesterday!

Ouch, I feel itchy just looking at that
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I was in the middle of my office and dying at this.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards